Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Starbuck »

Honestly, it's been awhile since I was a Day 1 mislynch. I'll take it.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:08 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 445, AGar wrote:
In post 443, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 440, Starbuck wrote:I think it's too easy to go after the quiet ones. I feel like it's an excuse for her not to interact with anyone else. It sucks that they're lurking or maybe with this game starting at 9 pm on a Sunday (for me) that they might be working and such. It's only Tuesday. That's what I think about anyways.
there is nothing about blair's push on iiau that i took as anything but "it's only tuesday". like, it didn't look like a push to lynch someone that was definitively declared as "IIAU is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon"
I think I had a stroke trying to read this, try again?
starbuck says blair's strong push on IAAU is suspicious, because it's so early ("it's only tuesday"), but blair's push itself seems like a push that only comes in the early game, an "it's only tuesday" push, not a serious case that blair is taking all the way to lynch
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:09 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 448, Starbuck wrote:
In post 444, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't mean this in a rude way. would you call yourself a stubborn person? or more light-hearted? i just want to get a picture of how to read you right
I feel I'm more lighthearted, but any interaction with me seems to be taken much more seriously than I intend when I'm just responding. Words like her "outrage" or folks assuming that I feel attacked feel so out of place because I'm not feeling that way. I'm trying to figure out where heads are at or why they think that of me as town, or if they really are scum and are just trying to push a mislynch. I just don't get the hostility behind it.

I don't know if folks are pushing buttons on purpose because I'll admit when I was here ages ago, I was probably more of a toxic player sometimes and I don't want to be that. I just want to play the game and enjoy because at the end of the day, it's just a game. If I die, I die. I'll make mistakes. I'll misread shit sometimes. Welcome to mafia!
thanks, this helps
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 447, Blair wrote:To avoid future confusion:

Starbuck is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon
Wat

I guess I get it, she felt strongly enough to vote you despite a difficult-to-explain misreading of your prior posts.
But even the scums are like "she's going to townsplode when poked, I'll call this TvT because the odds of actually mislynching here seem weak."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

Blair is confounding me with the extreme overreaction where she completely dropped the IAUN lynch and is now full focused onto me. I can't tell if this is a town or scum overreaction, as she is just straight coming for my throat.

Those of you who are more familiar with Blair, is this a town or scum reaction from Blair?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Starbuck is always scummy in my experience. I think you guys are getting a false positive.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 455, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Starbuck is always scummy in my experience. I think you guys are getting a false positive.
SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MY TELL. THANK GOD.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Blair is fairly easy to read
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Blair »

In post 454, Starbuck wrote:Blair is confounding me with the extreme overreaction where she completely dropped the IAUN lynch and is now full focused onto me. I can't tell if this is a town or scum overreaction, as she is just straight coming for my throat.

Those of you who are more familiar with Blair, is this a town or scum reaction from Blair?
"omg her IAAU case is predicated on terrible assumptions, why would she do this?"

"omg why did Blair abandon her IAAU case to push me?"
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Blair »

“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 am

Post by AGar »

In post 451, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 445, AGar wrote:
In post 443, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 440, Starbuck wrote:I think it's too easy to go after the quiet ones. I feel like it's an excuse for her not to interact with anyone else. It sucks that they're lurking or maybe with this game starting at 9 pm on a Sunday (for me) that they might be working and such. It's only Tuesday. That's what I think about anyways.
there is nothing about blair's push on iiau that i took as anything but "it's only tuesday". like, it didn't look like a push to lynch someone that was definitively declared as "IIAU is scum, this is the lynch, this is not only a temporary RVS wagon"
I think I had a stroke trying to read this, try again?
starbuck says blair's strong push on IAAU is suspicious, because it's so early ("it's only tuesday"), but blair's push itself seems like a push that only comes in the early game, an "it's only tuesday" push, not a serious case that blair is taking all the way to lynch
Much appreciated.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Hoopla »

green crayons stock is plummeting! sell! sell! sell!

UNVOTE:

a shame. my intuition says this was the right way forward.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Hoopla »

what to do now?

it appears starbuck and auro are the current flavour of the month, so let me weigh in on them.

it looks to me like auro has been deliberately subverting the expectations of the typical townie blueprint on D1. the no-lynch joke, the theory discussion in lieu of actual scumhunting, the early spamming seemingly devoid of depth. these actions can easily be interpreted as suspicious, because his entire posting appears to go against the grain. but the fact he is self-aware that he goes against the grain and does it anyway seems like a town mindset. a town mind resolute in playstyle, come what may from people's reactions - the following quotes from post being prime examples;
In post 275, Auro wrote:Scumhunting here seems difficult for me because of what I feel to be a big difference in playstyle and methods of scumhunting. For example, I can see the point behind the entire "cuteness as a shield" argument, and I can see that many of you actually seriously believe that... but to me it's just NAI and somewhat silly/amusing. If this were a normal game I'd be pretty aggressively pushing at anyone arguing that line.
In post 275, Auro wrote:Perhaps efforts should be made to see that some of us newer players play mafia with a stronger social element and begin evaluating the game from that perspective?
seems he's aware of the metagame/playstyles that are successful with this crowd, yet doesn't warp his behaviour to fit the mold.

~~

as for starbuck, i tend to agree with abr;
In post 455, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Starbuck is always scummy in my experience. I think you guys are getting a false positive.
this is perhaps a more intuitive read than the auro one.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Hoopla »

doot -de-do

VOTE: VP Baltar
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Llamarble »

I think you expressed why Auro reminds me of me-scum.
I intentionally do some blatantly atypical things that I (or preferably some hapless townie) can go and say "really, scum would do that?" and post reads-reasons that tend to share a lot of structure with Auro's 275, particularly including a bit of introspection.
One main (and pretty obvious) difference from how I town is level of relentlessness in figuring things out.

I don't think Crayons is particularly town that his wagon needs to dissolve; I prefer it over Starbuck's, but VP is also a good choice if Auro pressed an innocent child button.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 464, Llamarble wrote:I think you expressed why Auro reminds me of me-scum.
I intentionally do some blatantly atypical things that I (or preferably some hapless townie) can go and say "really, scum would do that?" and post reads-reasons that tend to share a lot of structure with Auro's 275, particularly including a bit of introspection.
One main (and pretty obvious) difference from how I town is level of relentlessness in figuring things out.
interesting.

i value this perspective and will keep it in mind.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 398, Blair wrote:Honestly, in the context of all the other things I've said about this (like when I suggested Porkens suspicious for saying that!), how could this possibly be a good-faith reading on your part?
Because directly after asking to explain the IAAUN wagon, you . How Starbuck read it is how I read it, as well. It really wasn't hard to get to that point. Not sure how this is something you can't fathom.
In post 408, Auro wrote:Do you want to talk about any of my other reads I've given reasons for?
What's with you consistently trying to get people to get you to elaborate on your reads? Why aren't you just, y'know, putting them out there if you want to discuss them so much? Why the song and dance with it? You've done this more than once - trying to draw attention to the fact that you want to answer questions and you want people to know it.

conveniently leaves out 337 between 336 and 338. Wonder why. Bad wagon is bad.

Would prefer to stay withing {Green Crayons, Auro} right now. Not sure I follow the VPB wagon at all. Getting town pings from VPB thus far.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Llamarble »

The way Auro voted GC and then later repeatedly expressed zero shame about pressure voting also fits that refuge in audacity mold.
In post 416, Auro wrote:
In post 414, farside22 wrote:I could name about 3 or 4 other players doing just that. I don't see it as a reason to scum read a player. Even Iam said his vote was bad, sooooo????
:?:
Adding to the momentum of a wagon early D1 doesn't need me to necessarily scumread the person, no?
In post 366, Auro wrote:
In post 358, farside22 wrote:Before i forget. Auro why did you vote gc?
Primarily because I like adding to wagon momentum. I would have voted Blair earlier instead of the NL if I wasn't making a dumb joke.
In post 373, Auro wrote:
In post 370, farside22 wrote:Thats pretty weak. I remember you as TH having some good views and then in animal upick you hydra in that and pushed scum reads there as well.
Which parts of my views are bad? Just the view that "adding momentum to a growing wagon on early D1 is good", or any of my townreads, or anything else?

I was a lurker in Animal U-Pick: I called out at least two scum and voted them, but didn't really attempt to gain wagons on either. Do you disagree with this assessment of my play there?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Huh, I was all ready to ascribe it to accidental derp, but Agar really clarified how that misinterpretation happened. Good post!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 464, Llamarble wrote:I don't think Crayons is particularly town that his wagon needs to dissolve; I prefer it over Starbuck's, but VP is also a good choice if Auro pressed an innocent child button.
Just to be clear, you believe I'm scum who has tried to bus two partners in less than 20 pages on D1?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Well, if Auro pushed an innocent child button, he's town and you didn't bus him
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 467, Llamarble wrote:The way Auro voted GC and then later repeatedly expressed zero shame about pressure voting also fits that refuge in audacity mold.
In post 416, Auro wrote:
In post 414, farside22 wrote:I could name about 3 or 4 other players doing just that. I don't see it as a reason to scum read a player. Even Iam said his vote was bad, sooooo????
:?:
Adding to the momentum of a wagon early D1 doesn't need me to necessarily scumread the person, no?
In post 366, Auro wrote:
In post 358, farside22 wrote:Before i forget. Auro why did you vote gc?
Primarily because I like adding to wagon momentum. I would have voted Blair earlier instead of the NL if I wasn't making a dumb joke.
In post 373, Auro wrote:
In post 370, farside22 wrote:Thats pretty weak. I remember you as TH having some good views and then in animal upick you hydra in that and pushed scum reads there as well.
Which parts of my views are bad? Just the view that "adding momentum to a growing wagon on early D1 is good", or any of my townreads, or anything else?

I was a lurker in Animal U-Pick: I called out at least two scum and voted them, but didn't really attempt to gain wagons on either. Do you disagree with this assessment of my play there?
I expect better from Auro. I've seen him be more serious and less...................VI/gooby in the games I reference. Like I've seen waiting more but again this was him within a hydra.
The only scum reference I have is a mini game he replaced in where most of the game he just asked questions and didn't really produce much and spammy one liners. The only plus I can give him here is that he had a town list with content. But as I said I've seen him push on his scum reads more.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:48 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 464, Llamarble wrote:I intentionally do some blatantly atypical things that I (or preferably some hapless townie) can go and say "really, scum would do that?" and post reads-reasons that tend to share a lot of structure with Auro's 275, particularly including a bit of introspection.
And why do you think that's only my shtick as scum?
I don't think what I'm doing in thread is anti-town, for the record.

@Agar: I have put them out there, though? I'm not singing and dancing into the wind, I'm trying to drive engagement with me into particular directions when someone already begins to engage with me; how is that a call to attention? And this is my modus operandi (post 408): refuse to talk about one thing but signal that I'm totally down to answer questions?

Mixed signals, no?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

{Porkens}
{Kmd, iamausername, Llamarble}
{Green Crayons, farside22, Hoopla, Starbuck}

Porkens - Porkens is town because something something bothering to go there
Kmd - is a good post by Kmd. Sums up the Crayons wagon perfectly, although its conclusion of there being 1-2 scum on wagon seems premature to me. I still maintain this townlean from earlier as well
iamausername - I quite like his catchup post with all the townreads. I don’t townread a single person in his PoE. It is also an interesting coincidence his PoE coincides with those voting for Crayons
Llama - It's weird to me that Llama plays like he has only a day to live -- However, seems like a strategy that would fail in the long term for scum. there's other stuff i like but that's one thing i wanted to note
Green Crayons - Green Crayons was fair early on with regards to me/Auro having less substance-filled content. In particular i think that 229, showing a recount of his thought process, to be somewhat town indicative
Starbuck - see Puppy's on Starbuck, i agree with it very muc. she also reminds me of myself when i get under pressure a bit

I wanna talk about Auro and Blair as well i think:

I can heavily relate with Auro changing up his posting style (332). I feel like no one was amused with the early game antics so i’m fine playing more seriously now

I lightly like that he just hopped onto the Green Crayons wagon for pressure but later on puts crayon down as a “Gut townread”. I see that farside finds Auro’s reason of “pressure” to be weak reasoning to vote GC -- but i wasn’t particularly impressed with ANY reasoning for voting Green. it seemed just like it was for pressure and like a “Cash in your townpoints now!” deal. And Auro was kinda late on the townpoints anyway

I feel like he’s got a lot of non alignment indicative content so far and he’ll be an easier read down the line. He also recently completed a scum game, could check there to see how jokey he was in comparison to town games but i’m gonna guess he’s consistently pretty fluffy

With regards to Blair-- her reminds me of how i framed people as my dead scum partner’s buddy in a previous game. Just kept it simple with an off wagon and an on wagon. Now that's a different situation and it isn’t inherently scummy so i considered not bringing it up but it’s also interesting she cited Porkens or Llamarble as the off-wagon buddy to IIAU, which im doubting it’d be either of them. I also find her reasons for putting VP/Porkens/Llama on there not super strong in general, although she does admit it’s way too early to buddy hunt

Disagree with her evaluation of Porken’s role PM comment

Feel like Blair is treating Starbuck’s misevaluation of her reasoning for pushing iamausername to be a lot stronger of a scumtell than it is. Yup 447 pretty much confirms that. I don't know if this is scum indictative for blair, but i don't want to vote Starbuck at all. Blair seems latched on to Starbuck whereas at this point if i'd have voted Starbuck, i'd be hopping off from the reaction, not feeling empowered by it
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 470, Llamarble wrote:Well, if Auro pushed an innocent child button, he's town and you didn't bus him
Huh?

Well, farside, contexts change here: the game's style is very different from what I usually play. I'm actively trying to prevent myself from being a constant spammy presence, for one. What I usually hone in on, I am scrutinizing a lot more here. Do you not think that would affect my playstyle?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”