Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Vote VP Baltar or Auro
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 522, Auro wrote:There you go. And no, that type of observation about VP Baltar is not inferable from current play.

You will not like any vote of mine - either it will be a difficult read and thus comfortable, or an easy read who you find towny, or an "easy read that's scummy" (to you) that's, again, comfortable for me.

See: you're fitting my play to a scum agenda, without actually solving my play. You're adding the "what would I do" lens to every action of mine.
Scum also tend to complain that "your reasons for voting me are bad or inconsistent or biased" rather than bringing the righteousness, trying to find someone better, etc.
I think people usually call that 'caught for wrong reasons' or something along those lines.
It happens because taking apart a logical argument comes from a place of honesty and construction even when you're scum.
(this is also why scum like to make posts like Agar's, but I think it's particularly when it comes to their own wagons that scum are more likely to say "this is inconsistent because of A B C" while town have at least a sprinkling of "this literally cannot be correct because I'm town, you fool!")
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Llamarble »

And ABR you want "Activity overview" for sorting by activity.
It's near the bottom right of the screen under the page numbers, for me.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Auro »

@Marble Man:

I've posted multiple townreads and a few scumreads.

Do they constitute "real effort" - why/why not? If your reasoning is that I am scum (glad you admit the confirmation bias, btw :D) and therefore that effort cannot be real effort, then what are you looking for anyway?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 543, Albert B. Rampage wrote:How do I sort the activity in this game by player? Didn't there used to be a report?
activity overview, bottom corner of the page
In post 545, Blair wrote:
In post 539, xRECKONERx wrote:the main rub is whether blair is righteously angry as town and thinks she has caught scumBuck (which, @Blair, i'd love to hear more about what you think SB's scum motivations are)
I've already answered this.

I don't believe Starbuck's plan was to lynch me. I believe Starbuck plucked something out of context that she felt she could plausibly scumread to push a vanity wagon.

She could do that as town, I guess, but I sort of assumed a higher level of play in this game. The thought process behind it for me is that if you are genuinely scumhunting, you would take the time to read my actual IAAU vote post before voting for me based on an easily corrected misinterpretation.

I wasn't supplying a grand, phase-long conspiratorial motive for it - just that she was trying to jump into the thread and look like she was genuinely scumhunting without actually exerting the effort.
hmm okay, fair.

i think i'm sympathetic towards latching onto something that pings you and running with it. i tend to play like a dog who's found a bone and won't let go unless that one thing is proven wrong or a bigger, juicier bone comes along? idk ive just been there.

so the scum motivation is basically not efforting enough, and you think town would be more likely to effort? is that it?
green shirt thursdays
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Auro »

In post 546, Morning Tweet wrote:There's town and scum motivation for showing someone why their reasoning is decently obviously faulty. If it were something subtle, id probably award more townpoints since turning a blind eye to more quiet towntells that people arent picking up is something i do all the time as scum. But i felt like Blair confscumming Starbuck for not picking up on her exact reasoning for voting username was a big stretch to begin with and a lot of people could see the issue. Correct me if im wrong i suppose
I think you are wrong here. Considering Blair's vote for IIAU also contained the reasoning for it, it could indeed be perceived as lazy play by Starbuck - which is valid grounds to call someone scum on especially when they frame it as a "policy". Starbucks' doubling down on the read (even while admitting that that part was a mistaken read) could indeed be seen as scummy for lack of re-evaluation by Blair, no?

@Blair: Do you not think that Starbuck actually just read and interpreted it as you pushing IIAU for 2 posts? It's not a bad-faith vote, since if she read your original reasoning she probably wouldn't call it "policy" at all, it's likelier that she was basing it off that. Do you think laziness is that much of a scum indicator? I've often seen a lot of town miss a lot of things.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Auro »

In post 542, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 541, xRECKONERx wrote:i suppose being coy adds nothing. i received a piece of game information in my role PM. i was also told that the mafia were aware that i know a piece of information about the game. i assume that will put a target on my head.
Why don't you just reveal it?
Bringing this back up: Do mafia know this information, or just that you're informed?
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

They JUST know that I know *something*. They don't know what exactly I know.
green shirt thursdays
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Auro »

Then why would they kill you N1?
Hmm this is a nice puzzle.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I assume the potential infinite possibilities of what I *could* know makes me dangerous to them.
green shirt thursdays
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 am

I also suspect UT. I don't like his "i dont know how to read this game" post or any of his other contributions.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Llamarble »

That and the setup guarantees all individuals with revelations are town except one.
It's not innocent children because fakeclaims can exist, but they could become very difficult to lynch once the scum revelation-keeper has flipped.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 am

VP/UT/auro
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 am

no gimmicks here just skill
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Auro »

In post 561, Llamarble wrote:That and the setup guarantees all individuals with revelations are town except one.
It's not innocent children because fakeclaims can exist, but they could become very difficult to lynch once the scum revelation-keeper has flipped.
Any number of scum can claim that, though. You don't know the total number of revelations.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Auro »

In post 560, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also suspect UT. I don't like his "i dont know how to read this game" post or any of his other contributions.
I lightly townread UT.
;)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 am

Green Crayons (L-6) ~ CantLynchAPuppy, xRECKONERx, AGar
Starbuck (L-6) ~ Green Crayons, Kmd4390, Blair

Change your votes from these shitty wagons
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Blair »

In post 554, xRECKONERx wrote:so the scum motivation is basically not efforting enough, and you think town would be more likely to effort? is that it?
Basically. As in "I feel like I need to go post something soon so I don't look like I'm lurking. Ooh, this looks bad, let's vote here" when town would at least take the time to scroll up and read my vote post first to check their theory against it.

It definitely doesn't hold water as a serious push to mislynch someone, because in that case scum definitely WOULD make sure the logic was at least sound, but it fits pretty well as "I need to look like I'm looking for scum here, but I'm actually not."
In post 555, Auro wrote:@Blair: Do you not think that Starbuck actually just read 338 and interpreted it as you pushing IIAU for 2 posts? It's not a bad-faith vote, since if she read your original reasoning she probably wouldn't call it "policy" at all, it's likelier that she was basing it off that. Do you think laziness is that much of a scum indicator? I've often seen a lot of town miss a lot of things.
I definitely believe she just read my naked quote of Porkens and assumed I was echoing that.

I do not believe that town!Starbuck would vote me for that without scrolling up to look for my vote post first, though. I mean, this is really key here:
If she only read my naked quote, how did she even have the proper context to know I was voting for or pushing IAAU in the first place?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:06 am

Post by Auro »

In post 567, Blair wrote:I do not believe that town!Starbuck would vote me for that without scrolling up to look for my vote post first, though. I mean, this is really key here: If she only read my naked quote, how did she even have the proper context to know I was voting for or pushing IAAU in the first place?
How many town have you known to actually scroll up and read everything to gain the total truth of context, though, Blair?

That naked quote, plus the fact that it is often common for town to push someone with 2 posts provides more than enough context already. I doubt anyone actually doubts such a conclusion given the existing context fits perfectly. Yes, she had an inaccurate context read - but it was still a valid one.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 564, Auro wrote:
In post 561, Llamarble wrote:That and the setup guarantees all individuals with revelations are town except one.
Any number of scum can claim that, though. You don't know the total number of revelations.
Well, unless somebody does, and that's one of the first revelations I'd think of giving out were I Vi.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 566, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Green Crayons (L-6) ~ CantLynchAPuppy, xRECKONERx, AGar
Starbuck (L-6) ~ Green Crayons, Kmd4390, Blair

Change your votes from these shitty wagons
I still think Crayons wagon is pretty good. Possibly better than VPB
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:12 am

CantLynchAPuppy, xRECKONERx, AGar, Green Crayons, Kmd4390, Blair

Hey guys you're probably voting town so let's stop this malarkey and coalesce on scum
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Auro »

In post 569, Llamarble wrote:Well, unless somebody does, and that's one of the first revelations I'd think of giving out were I Vi.
Ah, true.

Is there a reason you're ignoring ? Can you summarize the case on Green Crayons which does not involve associations with me?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Llamarble »

In post 567, Blair wrote:I do not believe that town!Starbuck would vote me for that without scrolling up to look for my vote post first, though. I mean, this is really key here: If she only read my naked quote, how did she even have the proper context to know I was voting for or pushing IAAU in the first place?
Seriously?
In post 337, Starbuck wrote:
In post 291, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Explain to me gc vs iamuser
In post 292, Albert B. Rampage wrote:and use quotes
Yeah, I need this, but just about IAUN.
At this point she gets people are voting IAAU and presumably who is.
In post 338, Blair wrote:
In post 295, Porkens wrote:IAUN has dos posts
Now she sees why (though confused), and doesn't like it.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Blair »

In post 568, Auro wrote:
How many town have you known to actually scroll up and read everything to gain the total truth of context, though, Blair?

That naked quote, plus the fact that it is often common for town to push someone with 2 posts provides more than enough context already. I doubt anyone actually doubts such a conclusion given the existing context fits perfectly. Yes, she had an inaccurate context read - but it was still a valid one.
"Total truth of context?" Pretty rare.

But I think most townies who believe "She appears to be voting for IAAU on policy" would also think "Let's check her original reason for voting."

To not do so suggests a real lack of interest in whether or not your argument has merit.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”