farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 644, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Now is when things start to get more interesting. Auro's vote and then quick abandonment is a HUGE scumtell. I was a mildly up and coming wagon and he saw that as he was facing pressure. His reason for voting me was "gut" townread on Green Crayons, whose wagon happened to be waning. I took time to give him an opportunity to explain something I was missing there, but clearly my initial twinge was right, hence the vote.
So this piqued my curiosity the most out of your wagon analysis. Can you tease it out more, because Auro jumped on to a VP vote and then seemed to get distracted by farside--rather than it appearing to reflect AI on his VP vote.
Vp comment about auro is pretty hypocritical considering he voted auro while his wagon was building.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 650, farside22 wrote:
In post 644, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Now is when things start to get more interesting. Auro's vote and then quick abandonment is a HUGE scumtell. I was a mildly up and coming wagon and he saw that as he was facing pressure. His reason for voting me was "gut" townread on Green Crayons, whose wagon happened to be waning. I took time to give him an opportunity to explain something I was missing there, but clearly my initial twinge was right, hence the vote.
So this piqued my curiosity the most out of your wagon analysis. Can you tease it out more, because Auro jumped on to a VP vote and then seemed to get distracted by farside--rather than it appearing to reflect AI on his VP vote.
Vp comment about auro is pretty hypocritical considering he voted auro while his wagon was building.
Not hypocritical at all given I have an actual reason and have explained it numerous times now.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 640, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 633, Hoopla wrote:
In post 631, VP Baltar wrote:I tend to get scum read a lot as either alignment. I think it's my face.
i used to have a terrible case of resting-scumface too. i have since learnt to let the purity of my town essence flow through me.
I'll try to reach my inner gwyneth paltrow going forward.
Try it in the next game when you get a town role pm
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm

In post 642, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR always does this. How am i supposed to read him, he's basically just saying he knows who scum is and is yelling for everyone to help him over and over again. I have played with ABR on both sides though, hopefully i can be more useful and figure him out sometime. Our town games were kind of weird though and he played way differently in both of them, the common thing between both of them was that he just repeats the same idea over and over again though lol
Are you tired of winning yet?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 641, farside22 wrote:Reread vp long post he stated he switched read to follow blair and get a better read.
I dont see from his unvote and attitude towards blair after the sheeping as trying to figure blair out.
Then all vp said about auro was in the 2 quoted post, which is barely a reason to scum read or vote someone. Just looks like voting the next biggest wagon thats not his.
i don't really agree with this. saying vpb has to do xyz to "try to figure blair out" makes it sound kind of like a homework assignment. i just played vpb and blair in the same game, i think vpb is approaching with a little caution and common sense, he's probably not working out this read with all the steps shown so the teacher can check for mistakes. so to me it looks like town thinking even if it's quiet thinking
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

find it interesting that hoopla described her null / don't lynch reads more than her town reads and scum reads. i think that's a kind of weak town tell because anything that isn't strictly "by the book" is more likely to be town than scum faking it
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 655, CantHateAPuppy wrote:find it interesting that hoopla described her null / don't lynch reads more than her town reads and scum reads. i think that's a kind of weak town tell because anything that isn't strictly "by the book" is more likely to be town than scum faking it
all my town reads i've talked about in earlier posts.

my main objective of that post was to clarify my non-town reads and construct my lynchpool.

now that i have figured out who i actually want to lynch from, i'll be breaking out the microscope. i feel like i don't have the stamina to properly scrutinise every slot on D1 in games this size, so some sort of filtering process is necessary to know where to focus. i think i am zeroed in now.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i think you're wrong about blair but the rest of your lynchpool seems full of nulls to me. id ask you to elaboreate on those, but you make it sound like that's exactly what you're going to do. i'm not sure what the point of this post is
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 657, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i think you're wrong about blair but the rest of your lynchpool seems full of nulls to me. id ask you to elaboreate on those, but you make it sound like that's exactly what you're going to do. i'm not sure what the point of this post is
- who are your actual scumreads/townreads?
- why are you asking me to elaborate, when you've offered less explanation for reads than me?

i had memories of you chiming in with useful/interesting comments, but upon a reread of your ISO, i think i was premature in discounting you as a good lynch.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

:(
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Hoopla »

the ol' puppy dog eyes, huh?

cuteness only gets you so far in this game!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i have blair / starbuck / hoopla / abr / vpb as townreads. i don't have any strong scumreads, i think most of the discussions so far are in that forced stage and i don't feel like inventing any reads. it's easier to townhunt than scumhunt imo. so far most of the wagon interactions strike me as pretty natural early misconcepts, which leans me toward reading them as town. nothing jumping out so i'm figuring out what to do with my vote rn
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 660, Hoopla wrote:the ol' puppy dog eyes, huh?

cuteness only gets you so far in this game!
tell me about it!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 661, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i have blair / starbuck / hoopla / abr / vpb as townreads. i don't have any strong scumreads, i think most of the discussions so far are in that forced stage and i don't feel like inventing any reads. it's easier to townhunt than scumhunt imo. so far most of the wagon interactions strike me as pretty natural early misconcepts, which leans me toward reading them as town. nothing jumping out so i'm figuring out what to do with my vote rn
Hard agree with the townhunting idea, the forced discussion and what not. do you know why you like blair, in particular?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

to be honest, 17p is a little big for me so im taking this a little quietly. id rather have a few good interactions than try to immediately sort the game and force a lot of opinions it'll just be a lot of work to overcome later. my natural towniness will shine through and as long as i can sort a few players correctly, i don't feel the need to be town leader or drive every conversation

pedit: i like blair because in her last game she also liked to drive early on contradictions and sort of "force" confrontation. i just think that's who she is, and so far this feels authentic to me. like, if it's fake, it's a town fake iykwis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 664, CantHateAPuppy wrote:to be honest,
uh oh
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

to be honest, im not really a puppy :(
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm going to try to do a deep read of this tonight.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 664, CantHateAPuppy wrote:pedit: i like blair because in her last game she also liked to drive early on contradictions and sort of "force" confrontation. i just think that's who she is, and so far this feels authentic to me. like, if it's fake, it's a town fake iykwis
Have you compared this to scum Blair before? I would agree with your premise on how I perceived town Blair, but I haven't heard how she plays as scum before.
YOUR AD HERE

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 666, CantHateAPuppy wrote:to be honest, im not really a puppy :(
good post-content to post-number synchronicity
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 668, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 664, CantHateAPuppy wrote:pedit: i like blair because in her last game she also liked to drive early on contradictions and sort of "force" confrontation. i just think that's who she is, and so far this feels authentic to me. like, if it's fake, it's a town fake iykwis
Have you compared this to scum Blair before? I would agree with your premise on how I perceived town Blair, but I haven't heard how she plays as scum before.
i wouldn't know, i haven't played blair as scum, and tbh if someone linked a blair scum game i probably wouldn't bother reading it. i just think making conflict is in her style and i'm not going to scumread that when i think there's a decent town motivation behind it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

ABR, do you think Auro is scum or town?
YOUR AD HERE

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Blair »

I am stunned that anyone is scumreading me for pushing Starbuck too hard, because I've been waiting for someone to scumread me for not pushing her hard enough any moment now.

Oh well.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm

In post 671, VP Baltar wrote:ABR, do you think Auro is scum or town?
I like his vote on you then he OMGUS farside so i think hes scummy
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Blair »

Albert.

Talk to me.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”