Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

lol @ me randomly choosing blues because I'm too lazy to make my takedown of my vaporware wagon look nice.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:because there has to be some artificial inflation here in this group (aka, the bad ones, aka, those whose names shall not be spoken, aka SCUM)
*gasp*

overall, i like your take on your wagon. if you are town, i agree with where you view the potential manipulation has occurred. you also read my vote correctly. you're simply a player i haven't picked up any town tells from yet - this post being the first one i've liked.

thinking...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 624, Morning Tweet wrote:pedit/ Probably one of the strongest things i've felt so far is that Blair feels like she's attacking Starbuck way too hard. It feels a tad fake. But also i don't exactly see why she tunnels that hard as scum, it's not making her look good imo
i agree with this. at a certain point, it has started to look like blair is simply using her starbuck-gotcha-moment as a device to avoid participating in other conversation threads.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Agreed; that motivated this
In post 619, Llamarble wrote: To be joined by... I don't really know. Blair maybe? But two is enough for now I guess.
Ok actually disappearing.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 555, Auro wrote:
In post 546, Morning Tweet wrote:There's town and scum motivation for showing someone why their reasoning is decently obviously faulty. If it were something subtle, id probably award more townpoints since turning a blind eye to more quiet towntells that people arent picking up is something i do all the time as scum. But i felt like Blair confscumming Starbuck for not picking up on her exact reasoning for voting username was a big stretch to begin with and a lot of people could see the issue. Correct me if im wrong i suppose
I think you are wrong here. Considering Blair's vote for IIAU also contained the reasoning for it, it could indeed be perceived as lazy play by Starbuck - which is valid grounds to call someone scum on especially when they frame it as a "policy". Starbucks' doubling down on the read (even while admitting that that part was a mistaken read) could indeed be seen as scummy for lack of re-evaluation by Blair, no?

@Blair: Do you not think that Starbuck actually just read and interpreted it as you pushing IIAU for 2 posts? It's not a bad-faith vote, since if she read your original reasoning she probably wouldn't call it "policy" at all, it's likelier that she was basing it off that. Do you think laziness is that much of a scum indicator? I've often seen a lot of town miss a lot of things.
Ah I see now, Starbuck acknowledged that part was in error but doubled down on Blair anyway. I still don't have any issues with that since I'm townleaning Starbuck and don't have anything solid on Blair yet. Overall I don't think the interaction has much more for me to learn by looking back on it
In post 560, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I also suspect UT. I don't like his "i dont know how to read this game" post or any of his other contributions.
Disagree. UT is null at worst at the time of this post. But have been liking him more recently. What makes you think that "I don't know how to read this" is more likely to be from scum? sure i guess you don't have to fake having reads, but it's early D1!

also with regards to Reck/UT, is it wrong for me to just expect them to solve each other? I had them both as null for a while but they're both higher now cause of Reck's revelation and i lightly like all of UT's recent posts (such as the one that i think Llama pointed out)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i don't really like the vpb wagon, but i kind of agree that it's the game phase where it's time to consolidate, at least for now. I have vpb for town so I'll take the other option:

VOTE: auro

mild townread on abr for his annoying, incessent spam about how we need to vote one wagon or another. it's townie to be a little pushy here and, tbh, i think he's right that the old wagons are dead and was looking for where i'd put my vote next anyways
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 626, Hoopla wrote:you're simply a player i haven't picked up any town tells from yet - this post being the first one i've liked.
I tend to get scum read a lot as either alignment. I think it's my face.
YOUR AD HERE

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 600, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 596, farside22 wrote:He only gets a free pass for day 1.
He shouldn't get a pass for day 1 either. VP Balter is an amazing bandwagon.

Remember how bad your reads were in all of our recent games.

Listen to me and vote VP Baltar.
In post 603, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I appeal to the authority of my own self on this one. It's scummy.
In post 604, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't explain anything day 1 or else scum will know what to do and say in order for me not to scumread them. It will change the site meta.
oh, albert!! (>ω<)
In post 605, farside22 wrote:Okay so on the ISO of VP I found him to basically just sheep reads and have no follow through with pushing any reads. I don't even know why he voted Auro at this point and he pushed MT and dropped it, which looks for pretty freeking weak reasons.

VOTE: VPB

Completed my iso so I feel better with some reads.
Null to scum:
Agar
UT
Kmd
Auro
Iam
CLP
MT
VPB
I'm the second scummiest player?! God damn! half of me wants to ask why but the other half doesn't want to get distracted defending myself any longer than i need to. I'll just ask one question-- is it related to the VP/Auro line you mention at the top?

Also I feel like disagree with half of those but to be fair I'm not sure what my null/scum pool is. Let me check

It's something like this (its not ordered).
Spoiler: the null area
AGar
VP Baltar
CantLynchAPuppy*
Auro
Blair
farside22*
Albert B. Rampage

But i haven't gone over VP's recent big post yet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 631, VP Baltar wrote:I tend to get scum read a lot as either alignment. I think it's my face.
i used to have a terrible case of resting-scumface too. i have since learnt to let the purity of my town essence flow through me.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 632, Morning Tweet wrote:It's something like this (its not ordered).
Spoiler: the null area
AGar
VP Baltar
CantLynchAPuppy*
Auro
Blair
farside22*
Albert B. Rampage
what are the asterisks
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 614, Llamarble wrote:Well it's powered by the fact that he initially read the exchange the same way Starbuck did, he didn't have to go far out of his way to figure out what was going on, but I do appreciate the effort at constructing a good post to clarify it for everyone.
But yes, it is a good post, there's nothing wrong with Agar - I see him in a pro town without that extra essence of towniness that I would want for a strong townread.
holy shit exactly

pedit: i forgot to remove those. they're people i don't have any notes written down on but still put in a tier other than null. i had puppy and farside just above null in my notes last night but ended up not being able to write shit explaining it so i moved you back down today
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 616, Hoopla wrote:
In post 605, farside22 wrote: VOTE: VPB

Completed my iso so I feel better with some reads.
Null to scum:
Agar
UT
Kmd
Auro
Iam
CLP
MT
VPB
you've been on my case most of the game - even listing me in your top 3 scumpicks in . all of a sudden i am no longer on your radar without any reason why your suspicion has subsided. why?

you also made these comments about the VPB wagon and its constituents in post 596:
In post 596, farside22 wrote:Some of the votes on VP come from players I haven't seen say much in regards to this game and are sheeping along (like Iam and UT). I'm staying the hell away from it.
I will say within regards to UT if he continues the lurking I would vote for him. He only gets a free pass for day 1.
then in post 605, essentially changed your mind;
In post 605, farside22 wrote:Okay so on the ISO of VP I found him to basically just sheep reads and have no follow through with pushing any reads. I don't even know why he voted Auro at this point and he pushed MT and dropped it, which looks for pretty freeking weak reasons.

VOTE: VPB
that was a rather sharp turnabout. can you explain your mindset in further detail given you didn't like the make-up of the wagon to begin with?

also, is your lack of suspicion on me now related to this?

I see you pushing your reads since that post instead of taking a back seat. As for my change I was feeling lost with all the infighting and felt myself glazing through the game. I missed ut longer post about vp. So i stepped back, grabbed my notebook and read things in iso to get a better grasp on player that where not in my town pile already.
Cant say i agree with you view on auro. He's pretty good at blending in as scum and hes also more thoughful in his posting then I see here.
The only person on the wagon i believe is IAM, but reading vbp in iso i found one post were he dropped his read on mt for no apparent reason pretty scummy. Then he weakly votes auro. So i see no sorting from him like ive seen from other.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by farside22 »

VOTE: AGar
VP Baltar
CantLynchAPuppy*
Auro
Blair
farside22*
Albert B. Rampage

Why is vpb and abr both on this list?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 637, farside22 wrote:VOTE: AGar
VP Baltar
CantLynchAPuppy*
Auro
Blair
farside22*
Albert B. Rampage

Why is vpb and abr both on this list?

sorry mod this was a quote not a vote. Please fix

I decline on principle. ~Vi
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
VP Baltar (L-4)
~ Albert B. Rampage, Hoopla, iamausername, Untrod Tripod, farside22
Starbuck (L-6)
~ Green Crayons, Kmd4390, Blair
Auro (L-6)
~ Llamarble,
(iamausername, farside22,)
VP Baltar, CantLynchAPuppy
Green Crayons (L-7)
~
(CantLynchAPuppy,)
xRECKONERx, AGar
Blair (L-7)
~ Morning Tweet, Starbuck
farside22 (L-8)
~ Auro
Porkens (L-9)
~
(Untrod Tripod)

Not Voting:
Porkens

--With 17 alive, it will take 9 votes to extrajudicially kill a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
(7 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 633, Hoopla wrote:
In post 631, VP Baltar wrote:I tend to get scum read a lot as either alignment. I think it's my face.
i used to have a terrible case of resting-scumface too. i have since learnt to let the purity of my town essence flow through me.
I'll try to reach my inner gwyneth paltrow going forward.
YOUR AD HERE

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 251, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE: MT
VOTE: iamausername

I just spent a game as scum fighting against Blair's instincts to save my team. No one in that game would really follow her and she screamed into the void for many pages. She ended up copping two of them.

Blatant sheep here. Come at me if you don't like it.
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 333, Blair wrote:On-wagon: Could be VP Baltar. He felt the need to over explain why he was sheeping me. Could denote self consciousness.
I stan you and this is your response! rude af

unvote

In post 348, Llamarble wrote:Agree with VP + IAAU (I think if it's not GC, those two + Reck + Auro is best)
I got to say, I find this fringing on the point of silly and distracting.

In post 355, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 324, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 321, Llamarble wrote:Well the IAAU one is simple. There are two posts there and his vote is the kind of minor inconsistency scum go for.
GC has a more developed ISO of different stuff, but most recently 305 calls a bunch of people suspicious and disappointing without really doing anything.
We caught two scum in the first 10 pages? Well that was easy!

I'm kind of surprised Reck and Puppy are such wallpaper this game. Not really what I was expecting from either
im lurking, mafia philosophy is kinda boring and i don't feel like inventing some strong takes so i can effortpost with the big boys
^Town response.
In post 364, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 356, Starbuck wrote:I didn't create any sort of "empty calorie" discussion. The fact that you are assuming my motives without talking to me makes you look like an ass, not me.
not sure how you could see this as a personal sleight (that I'm somehow calling you an ass?), so inclined to think this is manufactured
This fight does strike me as odd.

Starbuck, do you find GC scummy or just irritating?
In post 368, xRECKONERx wrote:i'll have you know some wallpaper is fucking beautiful
If i could put a face with a wall, it would be yours <3
In post 379, Auro wrote:UNVOTE:
huh? explain.
In post 406, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 404, Auro wrote:
In post 402, VP Baltar wrote:huh? explain.
I gut-townread Green Crayons from his posts.
You're gonna have to do better than that.
In post 430, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 408, Auro wrote:Do you want to talk about any of my other reads I've given reasons for?
VOTE: auro

No. I would think you could actually give even a minor detail about what in your "gut" read pinged for you. I don't like the hand waving when asked a pretty simple question.

Phone posting so this isn't going to be pretty.

Reread vp long post he stated he switched read to follow blair and get a better read.
I dont see from his unvote and attitude towards blair after the sheeping as trying to figure blair out.
Then all vp said about auro was in the 2 quoted post, which is barely a reason to scum read or vote someone. Just looks like voting the next biggest wagon thats not his.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 619, Llamarble wrote:I'm somewhat convinced MT is scum. So he and Auro may survive the wilting of my previous scumteam.
To be joined by... I don't really know. Blair maybe? But two is enough for now I guess.
Your scumteam is comprised solely of newerish players! Not that that technically means anything, i guess-- i have Auro/Blair still not in the townpile

Agree with VP's comment on ABR more or less being impossible to read. Trumping, lol. Same thing for Hoopla being fine I guess

Okay to understand his Auro thing i'm gonna have to look back through Auro's posts wheeeeeeeeee

Hm okay. Auro switches off to farside like an hour later. It's a huge scumtell because Auro joined the "up and coming" wagon, or it's a huge scumtell that he dove in and out?

Maybe I'm too lenient on iamausername in my reads just because I didn't townread anybody in his PoE. Not entirely sure why I had him on my second town tier

Lol VP's reaction to UT is gold. I suppose it's a fair point that UT's reasoning could be considered hypocritical / could apply to many people. I don't think this makes UT inherently scummy-- your wagon (VP) just happens to be the one that's getting run up, so it makes sense that they'd vote for you and give their comment on you. They probably wouldve done the same for the rest of the people on that list. Still i like your reaction

Idk if farside feels particularly extra swayed by ABR. And yeah you can acknowledge that you're sheeping Blair but I guess that doesn't really change that farside is accusing you for it.

Pedit: @farside ABR always does this. How am i supposed to read him, he's basically just saying he knows who scum is and is yelling for everyone to help him over and over again. I have played with ABR on both sides though, hopefully i can be more useful and figure him out sometime. Our town games were kind of weird though and he played way differently in both of them, the common thing between both of them was that he just repeats the same idea over and over again though lol

VP i just don't have anything particularly AI and he's just been in my PoE the whole time. im reading thru his response to his wagon tho
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 626, Hoopla wrote:
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:because there has to be some artificial inflation here in this group (aka, the bad ones, aka, those whose names shall not be spoken, aka SCUM)
*gasp*

overall, i like your take on your wagon. if you are town, i agree with where you view the potential manipulation has occurred. you also read my vote correctly. you're simply a player i haven't picked up any town tells from yet - this post being the first one i've liked.

thinking...
Why?
Granted i only read the first part and a few other things he said, but why do you like it?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Now is when things start to get more interesting. Auro's vote and then quick abandonment is a HUGE scumtell. I was a mildly up and coming wagon and he saw that as he was facing pressure. His reason for voting me was "gut" townread on Green Crayons, whose wagon happened to be waning. I took time to give him an opportunity to explain something I was missing there, but clearly my initial twinge was right, hence the vote.
So this piqued my curiosity the most out of your wagon analysis. Can you tease it out more, because Auro jumped on to a VP vote and then seemed to get distracted by farside--rather than it appearing to reflect AI on his VP vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 642, Morning Tweet wrote:Lol VP's reaction to UT is gold. I suppose it's a fair point that UT's reasoning could be considered hypocritical / could apply to many people. I don't think this makes UT inherently scummy-- your wagon (VP) just happens to be the one that's getting run up, so it makes sense that they'd vote for you and give their comment on you. They probably wouldve done the same for the rest of the people on that list. Still i like your reaction
I want UT's response to this point before I comment, but I
have thoughts!
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

the good folk of the town:

hoopla
porkens
llamarble
reck
agar
morning tweet

neutral-townish/don't want to lynch today:

abr - sedate start to the game. unsure if this is just due to mellowing out over all these years, but i find his reluctance to be a dominant voice in the game town for some reason. looks to be working his way into a voice of influence now.
farside - had her as town earlier, but less sure on her recent movements. seems everyone is uncritically townbucketing her also, which gives me pause
cantlynchapuppy - somewhat low-profile, but i've liked most of the times where he has chimed in. most recently, his consolodation vote on auro is the kind of game-forwarding play i like seeing players make.
starbuck - i agree with auro's declaration that some of starbuck's emotive responses feel town - though, i am a sucker for these sometimes. i think she's a player who has high transparency later in games, so not willing to guess her alignment today when she'll be easier to read later.
auro? - i keep flip-flopping on this one, and feel i am relying on others' experiences to get insight into how he actually behaves as either alignment (something i don't like doing). it's clear he operates on a different frequency, so i'm unsure how i'm supposed to be reading him and what tells apply to him given he's expressed ability and desire to deliberately subvert some. at the moment, i'm defaulting the group wisdom on him and won't resist his lynch if the town deems him worthy. but personally, i'd rather get a good secondary wagon going on someone in my lynchpool until i figure him out.

current lynchpool:

vp baltar - i liked his analysis of his wagon. could be faked; his picks of who is scum on his wagon are probably the obvious ones. but i think i'd prefer to lynch from the following players:

blair
kmd
green crayons
untrod tripod
iamausername

will do more in depth analysis of my lynch-pool later...

la-la-la

UNVOTE:
VOTE: blair
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 646, Hoopla wrote:the good folk of the town:
hoopla
porkens
llamarble
reck
agar
morning tweet
I agree with this town pool, minus hoopla, who I'm neutral on.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry i missed this question from MT.
I'll just ask one question-- is it related to the VP/Auro line you mention at the top?
I haven't really seen anything from you that showed scum hunting. You went into the cute mode and then defended the position. I don't see any scum reads or strong thoughts coming from you like I do others.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Green Crayons wrote:
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Now is when things start to get more interesting. Auro's vote and then quick abandonment is a HUGE scumtell. I was a mildly up and coming wagon and he saw that as he was facing pressure. His reason for voting me was "gut" townread on Green Crayons, whose wagon happened to be waning. I took time to give him an opportunity to explain something I was missing there, but clearly my initial twinge was right, hence the vote.
So this piqued my curiosity the most out of your wagon analysis. Can you tease it out more, because Auro jumped on to a VP vote and then seemed to get distracted by farside--rather than it appearing to reflect AI on his VP vote.
In post 642, Morning Tweet wrote:Hm okay. Auro switches off to farside like an hour later. It's a huge scumtell because Auro joined the "up and coming" wagon, or it's a huge scumtell that he dove in and out?
Auro switched off I believe because I called him out on it. I think he realized he goofed because as scum in the leading wagon, you can't just sheep off onto a counter wagon. If my wagon had actually been successful with him on it like that, it would have been a disaster for him day 2.

In my post right after his vote, i point out how problematic that vote looks and ask for him to explain.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”