Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Porkens »

For now that’s just how I felt reading through, that you were scummy as you defended yourself. I’ll iso you later this morning and give specifics.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

Catch Up #2, Electric Boogaloo. I know y'all missed my condensed catch-ups. Page 26 to 28 (that got long fast.....that's what she/he/they said?)

My previous post was already too long, but some stuff from VPB's wagon analysis
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Back in the day when I played with ABR, we didn't really have a name for his style. Nowadays, I would probably call it Trumping.
I full-on laughed out loud at this.
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:Now is when things start to get more interesting. Auro's vote and then quick abandonment is a HUGE scumtell. I was a mildly up and coming wagon and he saw that as he was facing pressure. His reason for voting me was "gut" townread on Green Crayons, whose wagon happened to be waning. I took time to give him an opportunity to explain something I was missing there, but clearly my initial twinge was right, hence the vote. That much should have been quite obvious to anyone mildly looking at that interaction (an important point later when we get to the squad saying 'VPB hasn't done anything town yet this game!' ~ which is completely "give me a break" territory given the folks saying it.)
Auro has such a long ISO already, can you point me to some applicable posts, please?

In post 627, Hoopla wrote:
In post 624, Morning Tweet wrote:pedit/ Probably one of the strongest things i've felt so far is that Blair feels like she's attacking Starbuck way too hard. It feels a tad fake. But also i don't exactly see why she tunnels that hard as scum, it's not making her look good imo
i agree with this. at a certain point, it has started to look like blair is simply using her starbuck-gotcha-moment as a device to avoid participating in other conversation threads.
I was feeling this as I was going through 20-25, but glad some of y'all called this out in the moment. It's quite hypocritical given that one of her points about me is that I was lurking scum looking for something to do.

Also, I left off Morning Tweet in my previous catch up, but I appreciated her input, too.
In post 646, Hoopla wrote:auro? - i keep flip-flopping on this one, and feel i am relying on others' experiences to get insight into how he actually behaves as either alignment (something i don't like doing). it's clear he operates on a different frequency, so i'm unsure how i'm supposed to be reading him and what tells apply to him given he's expressed ability and desire to deliberately subvert some. at the moment, i'm defaulting the group wisdom on him and won't resist his lynch if the town deems him worthy. but personally, i'd rather get a good secondary wagon going on someone in my lynchpool until i figure him out.
This is where I'm stuck, too. I was initially reading him towards the town side of things, then it flipped more null to scum, then back towards town, and back scummy again. It's weird.
In post 669, Hoopla wrote:
In post 666, CantHateAPuppy wrote:to be honest, im not really a puppy :(
good post-content to post-number synchronicity
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In post 672, Blair wrote:I am stunned that anyone is scumreading me for pushing Starbuck too hard, because I've been waiting for someone to scumread me for not pushing her hard enough any moment now.

Oh well.
I'm not. It's all you've talked about.

Oh finally, as I read further, you're engaging in the game rather than the tunnel.
In post 682, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 621, VP Baltar wrote:What I do think is important about the ABR vote is that it comes right after I point out he has a useless vote camped on Blair.
Blair and VP Baltar cross defense should be noted by everyone. One is likely using the other to further their mafia wincon.
This is a good point.
In post 693, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 665, Hoopla wrote:
In post 664, CantHateAPuppy wrote:to be honest,
uh oh
ok legit before you quoted this i was going to call it out bc honestly CLAP has been pinging me as weird for a hot minute now and i havent been able to put my thumb on it

note to self to do an iso dive and figure out what posts left that stink in my brain
That's another ISO that I need to look at. I'm looking forward to your analysis.

Something interesting for me on Page 28. Both Blair and GC jump from my wagon to UT's, rather than the two top competing wagons. I don't know if it says anything or it's a weird coincidence, but I just felt like it needed noting.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 925, Porkens wrote:For now that’s just how I felt reading through, that you were scummy as you defended yourself. I’ll iso you later this morning and give specifics.
I look forward to specifics.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Porkens »

That reminds me that on the other side of the VP wagon coin that it really started at a time when there were two other competing wagons, and I meant to go back and look in to that too.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:47 am

Post by Blair »

In post 858, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Less WIFOM. More voting VP Baltar.
In post 859, Auro wrote:
In post 856, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Your votes on GC and farside are crap, your unvote on VP is crap.
And my GC vote was admittedly not because of any solid reasons, which I had retracted soon after.

I didn't unvote VP, I shifted.

I'll bite: why is my farside vote crap? She's pretty clearly misrepresenting meta, at least from her perspective of the games she's played with me.
In post 861, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let me put it to you straight. If you don't vote VP Baltar in the next 5 minutes, I'm switching my vote to you Auro.
In post 863, Auro wrote:
In post 861, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let me put it to you straight. If you don't vote VP Baltar in the next 5 minutes, I'm switching my vote to you Auro.
Okay now you're making me not want to vote him.
In post 864, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Die.

VOTE: Auro
@ABR

You orchestrated a scenario with that virtually guaranteed the given outcome.

Is it fair to say you wanted to switch to Auro? Because I'm not really buying that you wanted to stick with VP but Auro ruined it.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Other thing I'm noting before I turn into vapor here...

I oddly find ABR's post about his strategy here (go after harder to lynch targets early) to actually make sense, given I think few people in this game would be easy mislynches. His anger vote off me is a bit weird and messes with my perception I was having there, but haven't yet had time to double check my instincts on yet.
YOUR AD HERE

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 929, Blair wrote:
In post 858, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Less WIFOM. More voting VP Baltar.
In post 859, Auro wrote:
In post 856, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Your votes on GC and farside are crap, your unvote on VP is crap.
And my GC vote was admittedly not because of any solid reasons, which I had retracted soon after.

I didn't unvote VP, I shifted.

I'll bite: why is my farside vote crap? She's pretty clearly misrepresenting meta, at least from her perspective of the games she's played with me.
In post 863, Auro wrote:
Okay now you're making me not want to vote him.
In post 864, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Die.

VOTE: Auro
@ABR

You orchestrated a scenario with that virtually guaranteed the given outcome.

Is it fair to say you wanted to switch to Auro? Because I'm not really buying that you wanted to stick with VP but Auro ruined it.
I don't make empty threats.
In post 921, Kmd4390 wrote:-ABR wanting to run VP up to L-1 specifically rather than lynching feels weird. Like he's interested in a claim more than convinced VP is scum.
I'm about 65% sure.

I have been suspecting Auro and VP for a very long time. It shouldn't surprise anyone that I changed from VP to Auro. They are both good lynches.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 930, VP Baltar wrote:Other thing I'm noting before I turn into vapor here...

I oddly find ABR's post about his strategy here (go after harder to lynch targets early) to actually make sense, given I think few people in this game would be easy mislynches. His anger vote off me is a bit weird and messes with my perception I was having there, but haven't yet had time to double check my instincts on yet.
*a perception I was having

Phone posting
YOUR AD HERE

Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Llamarble »

I'm fairly convinced that if we pick not Baltar / Auro it should be one of MT UT IAAU CLAP in approximately that order of preference.

Blair what do you think of MT?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Blair »

In post 931, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I don't make empty threats.
Yes, I figured as much.

I'm saying that by making the threat in the first place, you guaranteed you would be moving your vote in five minutes ("If you don't vote for who I tell you to in five minutes, I'm voting for you!" will make the other person dig their heels in 100% of the time and you knew this).

So unless you dispute the above, my follow up question is: Why did you decide you would rather push the Auro wagon than the VP wagon now? (Bearing in mind that we have just established you probably wanted prior to Auro's )
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Blair »

In post 933, Llamarble wrote:I'm fairly convinced that if we pick not Baltar / Auro it should be one of MT UT IAAU CLAP in approximately that order of preference.

I had a gut townread on MT for and nothing has really prompted me to reexamine it. (Context: I said I never roll scum, MT *takes the time to check my past games to fact check this*)

Talk to me about why MT should be in the lynch pool.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:14 am

In post 933, Llamarble wrote:I'm fairly convinced that if we pick not Baltar / Auro it should be one of MT UT IAAU CLAP in approximately that order of preference.

I like your group. Scum inside makes sense. My strategy is to go after the harder lynches to draw out the players more afraid of losing the better scum players, so MT/UT are good potential future bandwagons but I don't want IAAU CLAP today.
In post 934, Blair wrote:I'm saying that by making the threat in the first place, you guaranteed you would be moving your vote in five minutes ("If you don't vote for who I tell you to in five minutes, I'm voting for you!" will make the other person dig their heels in 100% of the time and you knew this).
I think that fight or flight response is to vote the counterwagon and ensure his survival if he's town. Auro looks like he's putting on a show. "I was gonna vote VPB but now that you told me to I won't. Mooooom!".
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Porkens »

@ABR

Why would you forsake the wagon you built to vote someone
for not getting on that wagon
?

You could make the same case that Auto is scum without changing your vote.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:20 am

In post 937, Porkens wrote:Why would you forsake the wagon you built to vote someone for not getting on that wagon?
I built both wagons from scratch all the way back from pg 22.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:23 am

What do you think of MT, Porkens?
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Llamarble »

I revisited KMD and GC and felt both were pretty town
I revisited MT and got a decent "yeah okay this ISO could come from scum"
I revisited IAAU and UT and CLAP with inconclusive results.

So I would describe my MT read as a post by post "yeah scum could write this, and this, and this" + a bit of PoE based on overall feelings about where scum is distributed in the game.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:29 am

I agree. I say we run up Auro/VPB for claims, hammer them if we don't like them, if they sound townie we run up MT.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Blair »

In post 936, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think that fight or flight response is to vote the counterwagon and ensure his survival if he's town. Auro looks like he's putting on a show. "I was gonna vote VPB but now that you told me to I won't. Mooooom!".
Yeah, Auro's "I was gonna" had terrible optics, but I guess I disagree that this would be a good sorting exercise?

I know I would definitely be too stubborn if you said that to me, irrespective of alignment.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

VP's analysis of his own wagon is mostly good In the sense that it doesn't feel personal. It feels like he was able to take a step back on decide what everyone's motivations for voting may have been. There are two I have an issue with though. On ABR, he takes some shots saying ABR is doing things that make me sure VP is about to say ABR is scum but then he goes oh that's just ABR. So that felt a little weird. Then on farside it feels like he got lazy and said she's town so her vote must have been fine. I don't find this scummy of VP though because if you're going to analyze your own wagon as scum, your slip up is going to be calling people scum, not town, unless he's being bussed. I think he just didn't know how to take ABR and with farside he probably felt he was at the end of his analysis and saw a town read and was really only including her for sake of completeness .

I might be changing my mind and if we're forced to choose between VP and Auro I may have to go Auro. But I really don't scum read either one of them so don't count on me for those lynches unless it gets to be a deadline situation.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Auro »

In post 936, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I think that fight or flight response is to vote the counterwagon and ensure his survival if he's town.
Ah yes, as scum!Auro does not care for survival - only theatrics. ;)
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:46 am

In post 943, Kmd4390 wrote:I might be changing my mind and if we're forced to choose between VP and Auro I may have to go Auro.
How about MT then? Dont waste your vote until deadline like the one where you got lynched. Starbuck aint happening d1.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Auro »

In post 933, Llamarble wrote:MT UT IAAU CLAP in approximately that order of preference.
I'd be happy with CLAP - none of his posts seem to have left any impression on me whatsoever, although that avatar is cute.... :thinking:

I don't want to lynch MT.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Auro »

Is there a case beyond that her posts generically look like they can be faked by scum @ABR, @LL?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 945, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 943, Kmd4390 wrote:I might be changing my mind and if we're forced to choose between VP and Auro I may have to go Auro.
How about MT then? Dont waste your vote until deadline like the one where you got lynched. Starbuck aint happening d1.
I'd rather choose between Auro and VP than lynch Morning Tweet . Why not Starbuck?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:52 am

It's not strategic to vote easy to lynch players out in a game filled with hard ones, Auro. Even if we hit scum, the buddies would just take credit for the bus and swing the momentum back. We are better off getting information from the better players.

Auro what are the top 3 strong players in your lynchpool?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”