Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 970, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Kmd did you see my post directed at you and how your vote actually matters a lot right now? There are moments in the game where the momentum rests on the vote of a few players who are stalling a decision while the iron is hot. If you think Auro > VP Baltar, vote with it and let's get a claim now, nice and early, not at the fucking deadline when we need to scramble.
I hadn't. When I hit submit I didn't see there was a page 39. But yeah. Ignoring the fact that you think I self destruct under pressure despite some of the games on my Egg account, I see where you're coming from. The problem is I don't really want to vote and force a claim on someone I don't think is scum. I'd rather try to lynch scum.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Porkens »

@ABR that is a shitty sideways response to a fair, straightforward question.

On ABR v VP,

On closer inspection, this is looking more like Blair v Starbuck where neither side comes out looking great. VP’s accusation of OMGUS is flimsy. “You are on a wagon with MT” mathematically approaches “you are wasting your vote” but never actually gets there.

On the other side, the counterattack to that very same point is overblown. Furthermore, ABR’s refrain of “he’s desperately trying to look town, c’mon guys pile on” Is desperate in and of itself. The fact is there just isn’t much substance to this case.

Initially, I was going to end this post with “fine people on both sides, but we’ll will see what happens.” Instead, however, I’ll propose this hypothesis:

Revelation, Porkens 3:16;
Spoiler:
This has all been scum theater. A hidden mechanic in this game activates POWERFUL POWERS when the player reaches L-1. This wagon was designed to get VP juuuust up to the brink. I think the proest town thing to do would be to push it off the cliff.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:42 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 975, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 970, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Kmd did you see my post directed at you and how your vote actually matters a lot right now? There are moments in the game where the momentum rests on the vote of a few players who are stalling a decision while the iron is hot. If you think Auro > VP Baltar, vote with it and let's get a claim now, nice and early, not at the fucking deadline when we need to scramble.
I hadn't. When I hit submit I didn't see there was a page 39. But yeah. Ignoring the fact that you think I self destruct under pressure despite some of the games on my Egg account, I see where you're coming from. The problem is I don't really want to vote and force a claim on someone I don't think is scum. I'd rather try to lynch scum.
Sometimes you gotta help others see things your way by forcing information out of town. That's the way gramps did it. It's only American.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 977, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 975, Kmd4390 wrote:
Sometimes you gotta help others see things your way by forcing information out of town. That's the way gramps did it. It's only American.
Id rather people not have to claim if they're town...
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:44 am

In post 976, Porkens wrote:This has all been scum theater. A hidden mechanic in this game activates POWERFUL POWERS when the player reaches L-1. This wagon was designed to get VP juuuust up to the brink. I think the proest town thing to do would be to push it off the cliff.
If you think VP Baltar get a power when he reaches L-1, which is doubtful but let's assume so, then place your vote on Auro instead.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:45 am

In post 978, Kmd4390 wrote:Id rather people not have to claim if they're town...
I think you've been wrong before, and you gotta trust me / GC / Hoopla / farside / etc. etc. etc. we are sensible here. You won't get any credit if we mislynch and you were off-wagon. You just look scummy for knowing they would flip town.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Porkens »

See you keep arguing for things that don’t get VP lynched.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Then what? Auro claims a power role and we've outed two or claims VT, gets lynched and flips VT, and we didn't get scum like I wanted?

Preview edit: I don't have a strong town read on anyone you listed there except maybe green crayons.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 am

In post 982, Kmd4390 wrote:Then what? Auro claims a power role and we've outed two or claims VT, gets lynched and flips VT, and we didn't get scum like I wanted?

Preview edit: I don't have a strong town read on anyone you listed there except maybe green crayons.
Starbuck was extremely scummy in this game that just finished: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83142

Look through it. She was town. You didn't discover something that no one else knows. I have recent meta on SB.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 983, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 982, Kmd4390 wrote:Then what? Auro claims a power role and we've outed two or claims VT, gets lynched and flips VT, and we didn't get scum like I wanted?

Starbuck was extremely scummy in this game that just finished: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83142

Look through it. She was town. You didn't discover something that no one else knows. I have recent meta on SB.
I'm not even csught up on THIS game. But if you can show me a few times in that game where someone calls her out, she uses hyperbole, then acts in hindsight like she felt no pressure, I'll gladly move my vote.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:55 am

In post 981, Porkens wrote:See you keep arguing for things that don’t get VP lynched.
What I'm certain of is that we need to put pressure on strong scum players. Auro and VP Baltar have red flags but aren't confirmed scum. I need information. Why is your certainty level so high?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 am

In post 984, Kmd4390 wrote:I'm not even csught up on THIS game. But if you can show me a few times in that game where someone calls her out, she uses hyperbole, then acts in hindsight like she felt no pressure, I'll gladly move my vote.
I can't do that for you, you need to do your own homework. I've given you the link to look over, she plays very scummy and lies and dramatizes and all of this as town.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 986, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 984, Kmd4390 wrote:I'm not even csught up on THIS game. But if you can show me a few times in that game where someone calls her out, she uses hyperbole, then acts in hindsight like she felt no pressure, I'll gladly move my vote.
I can't do that for you, you need to do your own homework. I've given you the link to look over, she plays very scummy and lies and dramatizes and all of this as town.
Remind me when I'm caught up on this game then. My wife has just informed me I'm taking the kids for a walk.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 956, Green Crayons wrote:- UT's failure to play, but I agree with his statement that it's hard to find a foothold of suspicions in this game. Not sure if he was the first to articulate that, so I don't know if he's the winner of those town points. My second vote on him was because I had a really stale Starbuck vote and wanted to encourage a UT response to the hypocritical point. I agree with what UT said about town being hypocritical, so it's NAI, but what can be AI is how a player responds to being made aware of the hypocrisy. I thought I had a point worth making after reviewing UT's response, but it didn't really form well when I tried to put it into words, and so I knew it was probably a bad point and moved on.
see this is a perfect example of why this game is impenetrable word soup

- I didn't like that he didn't post enough
- I agree with him that it's hard to figure out what anything anyone is saying means
- it would be a town thing to say if he was the first person to say it, but I don't know if he was so I'll just throw up my hands in the air and ignore it
- I agree with what UT is saying about how a key argument another player was making is bullshit, but I don't think agreeing with me means anything
- I will now make an unrelated point about...uh... being called out? (I'm not really sure wtf he's saying to be honest)
- I thought I had another unrelated point to make but I actually don't so what I'm really trying to say is I'm badly in need of an editor

like... how in the fuck is anyone supposed to respond to this let alone try to UNDERSTAND it? what am I supposed to glean from this other than "I am going to put forward vague gestures at every possible alignment reading of this slot so no matter what happens I can say I was right"? Is this a town thing to do? Is it a scum thing to do? I have no idea. I'm at the point where I'm evaluating things on the axis of Annoying ---- Not Annoying rather than Town ------ Scum

and I swear to god a minimum of every other post in this game is just like this. short, declarative sentences. they're your friend. get in, make your point, get out. just making this post I've seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 new posts when I've hit preview. it's a game, not a fucking homework assignment. it's day fucking one guys. there's seriously not that much to talk about. for a lot of you I think you're just writing to see your avatar next to a bunch of words.

PEdit
Albert B. Rampage wrote:you need to do your own homework. I've given you the link to look over
lol
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol, u mad?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 985, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 981, Porkens wrote:See you keep arguing for things that don’t get VP lynched.
What I'm certain of is that we need to put pressure on strong scum players. Auro and VP Baltar have red flags but aren't confirmed scum. I need information. Why is your certainty level so high?
So after all that posting calling VP scum, you unvote, and ask me what makes me “certain”.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 989, Green Crayons wrote:lol, u mad?
furious. I am literally quaking with hot sexy rage because you wrote some words that I found vaguely annoying. how dare you be hard to read. I demand to see your manager.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

my mom's upstairs, she gets mad if I get her to respond to the people on the internet.

:(
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

this would be an excellent opportunity for you to clarify what you were saying in the post I quoted. maybe correct me if I interpreted it incorrectly. I dunno.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Green Crayons »

that might take words, though. i don't want to harsh your sexy angry vibe.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Auro »

In post 971, Green Crayons wrote:The suspicions-but-no-votes feeling is from before VP's analysis of his wagon. That's my perception of the state of the thread before that line in the sand.

After that, the thread's sentiment/focus shifted (I suppose due to ABR's VP-vs-Auro), and so "maybe VP or Auro" hemming and hawing after that point is not relevant to the point my feelings are trying to make: there were significant verbal punches on Auro but no votes in a time when the thread wasn't being arm-twisted into considering Auro as one of two potential lynches.

I just caught up from last night and don't really have the endurance to skim through 20 or so pages to see who all suspected you without voting. Maybe Porkens has some bright ideas since apparently he just powered through the entire thread.

If you are town, though, that's not a bad group of folks to consider as suspicious. I just think scum would add their voice but not vote to town's suspicions of a slot more likely when that slot is scum (benefit: they've laid the groundwork to bus if need be, but won't add voting momentum) than when that slot is town (benefit: they maybe get some cred for agreeing with town suspicions, and maybe are trying to get the ball rolling on a town mislynch through verbal encouragement?).
I think my first question would present even then, and especially then, perhaps, as the gamestate was more organic then.
You don't need to do this now, but I believe you
may
be surprised by the answer.
And yes, in either case not adding momentum is favorable for scum; yet, if I was purportedly a strong scum player (which I can neither confirm nor deny), do you think I would be a designated bus?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 988, Untrod Tripod wrote:- I didn't like that he didn't post enough
yup

- I agree with him that it's hard to figure out what anything anyone is saying means
yup

- it would be a town thing to say if he was the first person to say it, but I don't know if he was so I'll just throw up my hands in the air and ignore it
yup

- I agree with what UT is saying about how a key argument another player was making is bullshit, but I don't think agreeing with me means anything
no, the it's NAI was that being hypocritical is NAI, not that your agreement with me

- I will now make an unrelated point about...uh... being called out? (I'm not really sure wtf he's saying to be honest)
a player being hypocritical is NAI. how a player responds to being called out as hypocritical can be AI, depending on how they react to that being called out.

- I thought I had another unrelated point to make but I actually don't so what I'm really trying to say is I'm badly in need of an editor
I thought I had a point to make about UT's reaction to being called out as hypocritical as showing why it would be AI here--i drafted up a reply post and everything like a real boy--but it's not really forming into words well, so it's probably not a good point to make. And thus I felt compelled to my vote to someone more relevant.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:18 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 966, Kmd4390 wrote:
Cantlynchapuppy wrote:
interesting that hoopla described her null / don't lynch reads more than her town reads and scum reads. i think that's a kind of weak town tell because anything that isn't strictly "by the book" is more likely to be town than scum faking it
This at first felt like a random but decent callout as hoopla could have been scum feeling the need to show an opinion on everyone but the Cantlynchapuppy calls it town for a weird reason.
what would be scummy about describing null reads? ur whole post here is premised on me acting weird with hoopla, but it's not weird to act friedly with a townread. so if you want to argue that it's weird for me to townread hoopla here, you have to argue that i should really scumread this interaction
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

hoo boy, this is going to be a hot take because no one asked for it and im not going to really explain it beyond "gut feeling"

but im thinking 2/4 scum in this group: [ llamarble, farside22, reck, kmd ]

thought goes like this: day reads to me like lots of town infighting, main wagons town (vpb, auro), some of the bigger drivers (blair, abr, gc) don't feel like scum drivers. so im kind of looking for players who are skirting around the main wagons and main discussions and that's what i feel at least. (actually llamarble is 3rd most active player which surprised me because i don't remember much of what he has said / done all game, this is probably the first iso ill do when i get around to that stage)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:25 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 878, Porkens wrote:
In post 872, Auro wrote:Also, if you guys lynch VPB after me and he flips town: quicklynch ABR.
as for YOU, when the FUCK did you start reading VPB as town?
was really glad someone pointed this out, b/c here's vpb telling auro to vote vpb, auro saying vpb is one of the scummier votes on his wagon, and auro being kind of stubborn

though i think auro was right to be stubborn and blair was right about this interaction, so /shrug

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”