Mafia of Revelations ~ Game Over!

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1022, Blair wrote:But I hate both of them. :(
*shrug*

you've had your chances throughout the day to convince the town on your pet read, and you didn't. you can always try again tomorrow.

from your ISO, it looks like you favour VP as town and Auro as "
confusing
" - confusing is good enough.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Oh yeah, I meant to throw a vote on that bottom catch up.

UNVOTE: Blair
VOTE: Auro
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 998, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hoo boy, this is going to be a hot take because no one asked for it and im not going to really explain it beyond "gut feeling"

but im thinking 2/4 scum in this group: [ llamarble, farside22, reck, kmd ]

thought goes like this: day reads to me like lots of town infighting, main wagons town (vpb, auro), some of the bigger drivers (blair, abr, gc) don't feel like scum drivers. so im kind of looking for players who are skirting around the main wagons and main discussions and that's what i feel at least. (actually llamarble is 3rd most active player which surprised me because i don't remember much of what he has said / done all game, this is probably the first iso ill do when i get around to that stage)
if you want to be a hero and wrangle the town in a new direction, it's going to take more than gut feelings.

again, you've had your chances. you missed your window of time to be a voice of influence. choose the lesser of two evils.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

we've got a week left, that's plenty of time for me to do an iso or two and for other players to try other wagons. why do we have to accept these two wagons, what's the rush?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

There is plenty of time to form a different wagon if someone feels they have a case against someone else.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

CantLynchAPuppy wrote:we've got a week left, that's plenty of time for me to do an iso or two and for other players to try other wagons. why do we have to accept these two wagons, what's the rush?
In post 1020, Hoopla wrote:i would say try and be and more succinct, but really the best solution is to just get on with lynching someone so day 1 doesn't become an unreadable tome that nobody wants to analyse on later days. we haven't even got a claim yet. less waffling, more killing.
not to be that guy, but you're basically responding to the post where Hoopla explained why she thinks that.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1028, CantHateAPuppy wrote:we've got a week left, that's plenty of time for me to do an iso or two and for other players to try other wagons. why do we have to accept these two wagons, what's the rush?
we have 6 days left. once a claim (or claims) come into the game, we'll need a day or two to analyse them. if we don't want to hammer, you want at least 3-4 days to create a new wagon from scratch that isn't a panicked deadline speedwagon.

by compromising sooner rather than later, we avoid worst-case scenarios of late-speedwagoning on random folk. remember, ~30% of D1's end on an unclaimed player due to this very phenomenon. it's worthwhile to get on with it.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Blair »

CantLynchAPuppy wrote:me too

blair who's your top scum right now
I really don't have a firm case on anyone right now. ABR is being weird about Auro/VP, but I don't think weird is a valid tell for ABR. Starbuck still bothers me because I feel like she's peppered little barbs into her catch-up posts to try to reignite the 1v1 she claims was so terrible. I'm not really convinced Porkens' reaction to ABR was genuine townie outrage.

But if I had to day-vig someone and end the day right now? I'd probably go back to IAAU.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1025, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1022, Blair wrote:But I hate both of them. :(
*shrug*

you've had your chances throughout the day to convince the town on your pet read, and you didn't. you can always try again tomorrow.

from your ISO, it looks like you favour VP as town and Auro as "
confusing
" - confusing is good enough.
I guess I'd be ok with pressing a claim out of Auro, we can decide where to go from there.

VOTE: Auro
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by AGar »

If was supposed to be some grand reveal, I'm fucking underwhelmed.

Porkens's response in is... off.

@Llama
Your accidental quote in 914 - were you looking at that post from Porkens for a particular reason?

I can't fucking believe I'm about to do this but..
In post 936, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Auro looks like he's putting on a show.
I could not fucking agree more with this.

What the FUCK is this?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 965, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'll be happy when VP Baltar is put to L-1 and claims.
But you could do that and aren’t.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Llamarble »

In post 867, Auro wrote: I'm confident that my 10 townreads are correct.
In post 893, Auro wrote:Don't worry about sorting me based on that list; given I'm the probable lynch today if VPB isn't lynched I just want to achieve consensus with you there.
These are kind of important. Having confidence in going 10 for 10 on townreads is pretty extreme.
Particularly when several of those players have only a few posts to go on, and the reasons given, while in most cases fine reasons for leaning town on someone, didn't feel very exhaustively researched.
The confidence doesn't really match the level of effort, so I'm confused.
Also we are supposed to lynch ABR, who is one of the 10 confident townreads, in the event that VP Baltar is town (well, after we lynch Auro).

And then saying "I've got a good chance of being lynched today, but if it does happen I want to make sure you agree with my townreads" is weird AF.
What is the goal of this statement? Are you really that resigned to where you don't think your slot can be saved? Does it really matter that much if I lean town on the same players you do?

If you are town Auro, What are you trying to do here?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

^1036 is goodposting.

fuck it, i'm switching

UNVOTE:
VOTE: auro L-1

CLAIM TIME

please fill out this form auro:

I, mafiascum user auro hereby officially claim ________ <----
your roleclaim/fakeclaim goes here

I apologise to the good people of the town for my pattern of devious behaviour and hope the town can see it in their hearts to forgive me. I acknowledge that forgiveness is out of my control and if my fellow townsfolk so wish to have my head, I humbly accept this fate. All hail the glorious and wise town of Revelations!

Signed ____ <----
your username goes here
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1035, Porkens wrote:
In post 965, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'll be happy when VP Baltar is put to L-1 and claims.

This doesn’t seem strange to anyone but me, huh?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Stating willingness to hammer unless his claim gives me a reason not to
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Porkens »

Stating non-zero possibility that I lolhammer if I don’t get a fucking answer from someone
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1038, Porkens wrote:

Yeah it's weird but like... I think ABR gets fixated on things and does non optimal things in the pursuit of cultivating a certain air about him that makes people not want to deal with how he behaves when you contradict him so... Probably not worth dwelling on unless you want to make it a whole thing :lol:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1038, Porkens wrote:

In post 1040, Porkens wrote:Stating non-zero possibility that I lolhammer if I don’t get a fucking answer from someone
somewhat.

probably worth a revisit once we have confirmed alignments to work off.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

No, that’s insane. He typed “I will be happy when my dude is at l-1”

You know what he could have typed instead? VOTE VPB. That isn’t “fixated” that’s
bullshit

UT/Hooplah/ABR/llamarble
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: vp baltar
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

VOTE: ABR

FUCK you guys got me so mad I’m gunna throw a clot
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

lol, u mad?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Seriously though. Why?

ABR has stated he finds both VP and Auro suspicious. The fact that he didn’t vote hop from one to the other (I believe just after vote hopping between them, right?) doesn’t scream AI. Momentum is on both of his cherished targets.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Whoever noted (Blair?) that ABR baited Auro into *not* voting VP is the only thing I think pings scummy about ABR.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yes I am mad because abr is doing shinnanigans in broad daylight and nobody gives a fuck.

I’m mad because inexplicably the players who I would think can see it are actively ignoring it.

In what world does leading a wagon to l-2, then jumping off while still pushing it, then when it gets back to l-2 complain about it instead of getting back on s m pro town?

Why does hooplah jump off?

Why do hooplah and it ignore it?

What do you think of that GC?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”