She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 814, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My first suspicions of Auro started here:
In post 277, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 275, Auro wrote:Morning Tweet is cute in every game. She definitely possesses the capability of faking gamesolving, and convincingly so. I actually loosely think that as scum she'd make the judgement call
to avoid
cute-gimmick posting instead of embracing it. To me, it very plainly looks like she's having fun with people she recognizes. I doubt that the motivation is "form an initial cute impression, get classified as cute, and that will help me the rest of the game!".I townread her reaction: she seemed surprised at this being the major talking point, still recognized the perspectives of people attacking her while maintaining that it's not really relevant, and noted that this play could annoy some of the playerbase and apologized for it.
I'll call you out on your linking to a game that has nothing to do with your point
Auro 275is similar to VP Baltar 261. High effort posts to make town think lazy scum wouldn't bother to make and makes town feel bad about voting them.

The devil is in the details, and if you bother to actually drill into the links they make and context of the points they try to make, everything isn't as they would have you believe.

On page 22, I lay out the way I want to shape the game state.
by "drill into the links", are you implying that Auro is careless scum that linked the wrong game because he wasn't actually concerned with sorting me, he was just trying to look town?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I mean he seems more concerned with looking town. High effort, but not detail-oriented. He's usually a stronger scumhunter than he's here. Could be an off game, could be scum. We need votes to find out.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 821, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 820, Hoopla wrote:yes, i think scum have the tendency to do what is required of them, but few will go the extra-mile - so to speak - and attempt to look the most active/obvtown player in the game. there is actually risk in doing so on D1/D2. i used to attempt to play scum that way in my heyday, but if you obvtown too early as scum, then are alive on D4 onwards, you end up becoming a suspect anyway from a "why are you still alive?" angle.
You know who that player is in this game?

FOS: Morning Tweet
I've tried to do that as scum, sure. Don't really think that has been happening so far this game and really am not feeling like it's gonna be a early obvtown one at all-- even if i were scum, the same problems affecting me getting into this game would probably still be present.
In post 822, iamausername wrote:i think it's Can'tLynchAPuppy, Albert.
You think puppy has been going the extra mile this game to appear town? I felt like puppy and I were pretty similar in that we're kinda quiet voices. pretty much sums up what i was thinking
In post 824, Hoopla wrote:scanning the ISO of our under-the-radar players, i'm drawn more to iamausername and KMD.

agar's had some moments of useful/unique contribution and UT has a slightly more obstinate/unapologetic air about him.

scum know when they're underperforming and caught behind the 8-ball. when they know that and
feel
that, they tend to resort to more surface-level participation in an attempt to blend in, ticking the boxes of expected town behaviour -the stuff they think the town wants to see from them. i see this behaviour more in iamausername and KMD.
Agree that UT feels townie. username i townleaned earlier for the big townread post but now I'm less sure. KMD i have still been liking. Your point at the bottom seems like it could be potentially be really accurate but also hard to prove. When i read KMD's ISO, it doesnt scream trying to do stuff they think the town wants from them. Perhaps i dont have an eye for it
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 851, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I mean he seems more concerned with looking town. High effort, but not detail-oriented. He's usually a stronger scumhunter than he's here. Could be an off game, could be scum. We need votes to find out.
I would not be surprised at all if this game is harder to get into for him. I suppose he could be scum but because of the likelihood that this is just a difficult game, it doesn't make me feel like he has any extra chances of being scum

VOTE: VP l-2
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 825, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 779, Auro wrote:The Solve
Albert B. Rampage: Arrogance and taking control are an unnecessary call to attention in a gamestate where he'd be quite comfortable as scum.
Blair: General behavior in a player-list that doesn't award tunnels
Auro: Accessed role PM; town.
Hoopla: Uniquely townreads me but also second-guesses it when the rest of town shouts that I'm scum; so there's no intent of buddying (even when I respond very positively to her generally in game).
Llamarble: Earnestness.
Porkens: I believe that "clueless" is not a way that Porkens would approach as scum.
Starbuck: The emotive reaction to the push on her, and subsequent relief at being termed a false positive both read town.
Untrod Tripod: Brazen admission of having nothing to add and call-out of the D1 solvers.
Green Crayons: One of the holistic townreads I have, rather than specific tells.
xRECKONERx: The call to cut out spam, and quick to recognize biases from playstyle (as covered earlier)
This list is they type of fluff that is all over Auro's play this game. Between that and the rampant discussions about mafia theory and meta that I just glaze over, I'm lulled into a state of "I just want to ignore this person." and then I remember I could not for the life of me tell you who Auro actually thinks is scum. The play reeks and should actually be lynched.
Feels like Auro is way less scummy than he's made out to be here. The mafia theory and meta discussion i glaze over too sure. You think he's doing that in an effort to have people want to ignore him? I don't think so, he always does that. He has a random pointless mechanical discussion in every game i've ever seen him in, it's not unique to here or him as scum

And disagree with lynching him just due to a lack of showing players he thinks are scum
In post 845, Albert B. Rampage wrote:If I'm scum, the way I would look at this game is who do I have to lynch and NK to achieve my win condition?

Hard to lynch: Albert B. Rampage, Untrod Tripod, farside22, Llamarble, Hoopla, Reck, Morning Tweet, Auro, VP Baltar
Would have difficulty climbing out of pressure: Blair, Green Crayons, Porkens
Would self-destruct under pressure: iamausername, Kmd4390, Starbuck, AGar, CantLynchAPuppy

I can't be lynched day 1 if I'm invested, I'm too strong and aggressive; Reck has a similar playstyle. I look around, and there's other really tough lynches for scum.

MT, Farside, and Blair tend to obvtown over time and easily become unlynchable.
i want to note it's subjective how easy it is to lynch certain players, and it also depends on scum's knowledge of each player. This list and subsequent scum strategies could look completely different depending on who the scumteam is
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 851, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He's usually a stronger scumhunter than he's here.
This is a weird application of BoP.

How do you know the strength of my scumhunting without any flips?

Portrayed aggression in thread? Sure - but that's not something I can't fake.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:56 pm

In post 855, Auro wrote:
In post 851, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He's usually a stronger scumhunter than he's here.
This is a weird application of BoP.

How do you know the strength of my scumhunting without any flips?

Portrayed aggression in thread? Sure - but that's not something I can't fake.
Your votes on GC and farside are crap, your unvote on VP is crap.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 825, VP Baltar wrote:This list is they type of fluff that is all over Auro's play this game
I call bullshit.

If that list is fluff, do go into details - tell me which part of it is incorrect, go on. Which townread of mine is fluff?

On a side note, it's a little funny that I am scumhunting and visibly sorting people, PoE'ing the game down and even then I'm being BoP'd of all things? :P if my reasoning for the sorts are soooooo bad and I'm supposed to be better than that, surely people can point them out.

No?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Less WIFOM. More voting VP Baltar.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 856, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Your votes on GC and farside are crap, your unvote on VP is crap.
And my GC vote was admittedly not because of any solid reasons, which I had retracted soon after.

I didn't unvote VP, I shifted.

I'll bite: why is my farside vote crap? She's pretty clearly misrepresenting meta, at least from her perspective of the games she's played with me.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Farside misrepresenting is what farside does. Who cares. If she's scum we will find out soon enough, or else scum will NK her. Vote VP Baltar, you know you want to.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Let me put it to you straight. If you don't vote VP Baltar in the next 5 minutes, I'm switching my vote to you Auro.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 829, Llamarble wrote:So when Auro goes through with item by item takedowns of accusatory posts but the readlists get 1liner explanations, it's worrisome.
Ah, well, this was part of my MD if you hadn't noticed: that you can take single AI elements from play and bucket people.

It's easy making up a bunch of paragraphs to call people town, lol. "They feel natural, post 2837, 266, 288 looks genuine and they are trying to solve. I don't see post 1874 coming from scum. They were pushing someone strongly in 128. They're approaching the game from a town perspective."
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Farside misrepresenting is what farside does. Who cares. If she's scum we will find out soon enough, or else scum will NK her. Vote VP Baltar, you know you want to.
Misreps out of ignorance are different from misreps out of dishonesty, ABR.

And sure, still didn't read any VP Baltar posts but can wagonz, he's at L-what now?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 861, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Let me put it to you straight. If you don't vote VP Baltar in the next 5 minutes, I'm switching my vote to you Auro.
Okay now you're making me not want to vote him.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Die.

VOTE: Auro
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by AGar »

So, uh, Auro, where are those magic fucking scumreads that were promised not so long ago?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 832, CantHateAPuppy wrote:@auro: who on your wagon is scum?
I'm not using my wagon as a springboard to scumhunt. I do not think the results are particularly reliable. But: farside, VPB?

Calling a townread list fluff is nonsense. Saying I was inquisitive and amazing in that game I played with her is :?:
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 865, AGar wrote:So, uh, Auro, where are those magic fucking scumreads that were promised not so long ago?
You mean promised a couple hours before I went to sleep, when I just woke up now? :P

I'm confident that my 10 townreads are correct.

I think {farside, VPB} can easily take up 2/7 of the remaining slots.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 531, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 517, Llamarble wrote:I am aware my characterization was an imperfect condensation; thought it might trigger you to elaborate a bit more on the specifics of what you liked but wasn't sure.
I don't dislike that he joined a D1 bw for momentum. I think wagons in D1 are important and I don't think it's AI to help generate/propagate a D1 wagon for wagon analysis benefits later on.

That he then turned around not too much later and said "actually I read the bw target as town" presents a pretty open play style (as he's done with his other reads), but (1) his willingness to recognize that it's mostly gut (in contrast to his paragraphs of town reads on others) and (2) that it it's an immediate whiplash from his bw vote, speaks town to me--these are "contradictions" (for lack of a better term, as I just woke up and my mind is foggy) that a scum would rather just avoid than need to justify.
My apologies, I can't figure this out. To whom does this refer?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Auro »

The best reason to lynch me is so you can sheep my reads when you see my flip and win the game ;)
(Just kidding, of course - although I have offered my own death to get people lynched correctly before)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 868, Porkens wrote:My apologies, I can't figure this out. To whom does this refer?
Moi.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Auro »

I'll offer some free advice to y'all, especially people like AGar: not having committed scumreads is not a scumtell. Townhunting and PoE is a great technique which I've used successfully before, for example viewtopic.php?f=56&t=82629

Looking at who someone's willing to vote/wagon is sufficient. You don't want a town where everyone has their own pet scumread and is in full committed mode; work together.

farside is about as committed a scumread I'll get.

Also, engagement >> analysis at the beginning stages. Question first to get a better grasp of intentions, then use that to refine your read on actions.

(Looooookol @ the idea of lecturing this p-list on mafia play)
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Auro »

Also, if you guys lynch VPB after me and he flips town: quicklynch ABR.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Llamarble »

You don't think ABR is just misguided? He seems like a solid player but I don't have him in my "if he's ever wrong he needs to go" category.
If we do mislynch twice I'll blame myself. I don't intend to mislynch even once if we can avoid it.

It amuses me that ABR and I have swapped places. But I guess neither of us ever really called the other wagon bad.

I would agree that lack of scumreads itself isn't a scumtell; I would guess town are probably a little more likely than scum not to have strong scumreads.
But context is important, and usually the cases people make are more hints at what bothers them that other people placing themselves in the context can either agree or disagree with.
In this case I think I can be a little more concrete and say scum-hunting is more important than scum-reads.
Town-hunting is fine too but only if the player means it and cares about using it to get the lynch where it needs to be.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Auro »

A lynch on principle, Llama. ABR's controlling and restricting lynches instead of organically letting them happen. If VPB is also town, and we're lynched in succession, it means two town lynches with forced wagons: which leaves town nowhere.

In a vacuum his play is a towntell, but the damage it'll do in that case makes it a very nice play as scum if he can get away with it.

Well, VPB is not in my townread list so I'm not particularly bothered; and I want a farside lynch, but you agree I have no pull this game, yeah? I don't see how people are not seeing it: ABR just outright said farside misrepresenting people is NAI and therefore my vote is bad...?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”