Micro 952 - The Coalition: ItGBSMoD [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:34 am

Post by Klick »

In post 608, Alduskkel wrote:I think Pooky's initial case held some weight but the way that he approached the argument reeks of bad faith + he's dodging explaining his coalition reads.
In post 506, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I'm bored of this already

you're using the 1000 questions defense in which you ignore the attack and just distract with a bunch of random questions until the thread of the argument is lost and the post count is too long for anyone else to follow.

I'm going to stop engaging with you as it's obviously pointless at this time.
Like this is basically a misrepresentation (the questions aren't random) and is setting up a situation where Koba even asking questions is "scummy." Then at the end Pooky frames his attempt to shut down the conversation as pro-town.

VOTE: Pooky
Aldus summaries my thoughts on the argument better than I could
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:42 am

Post by Klick »

In post 623, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 608, Alduskkel wrote:Like this is basically a misrepresentation (the questions aren't random) and is setting up a situation where Koba even asking questions is "scummy." Then at the end Pooky frames his attempt to shut down the conversation as pro-town.
The questions are designed to deflect from the current topic.

I posted a pretty comprehensive case on why Koba's attacks on me are fake af and the reasons why are pretty obvious if you break down their play strategically in post 465 and 468.

They then immediately blew up at me and posted these beautiful posts:
In post 473, DkKoba wrote:also that post literally reeks of shit.

In post 475, DkKoba wrote:
In post 411, DkKoba wrote:self

btw proof I said I would "seppuku"

nice try pooky!
In post 481, DkKoba wrote:your case has more holes than swiss cheese and I already exposed a gaping one. stop trying to gaslight u scum piece of shit

Explosive? Sure. Emotional? You betcha, but no real content or any real rebuttal to the substance of my case.

<snip>
Pooky doesn't like what DK is doing, but I'm not convinced he actually scumreads DK.
'they didn't respond to my case so they're scum' is not moving. Either Pooky himself is being stubborn in demanding a proper response, or he's scum because he doesn't particularly care about being right.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:53 am

Post by Klick »

In post 662, DkKoba wrote:
In post 660, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 643, Alduskkel wrote:Koba, why are you suddenly townreading Pooky?
like seriously he's straight up lying at this point
its his ego speaking. I just. can't scumread him because its so badly ego fueled. like this is bad player syndrome where there's antitown play you know is in the range of their town game based on their meta and it hurts.
Yo DK, can I ask how you feel Pooky would be acting differently if he was scum here? I agree that his behavior is within town range but I see no real reason that it's out of scum range.
More specifically, I feel like he's obviously annoyed with you, but that doesn't mean he's town.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:54 am

Post by Klick »

In post 663, Alduskkel wrote:do you think koba is scum or do you just have issues with them as a player?

pedit: scum can have egos, and I don't see town confbiasing THIS hard on reads they formed THAT early.
Stop it, get out of my head probscum
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Klick »

In post 690, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 686, DkKoba wrote:Pooky since Alduskkel and I are scum, why don't we swap you out with someone else? Like Tuxedo?
thanks for revealing your real scum buddy

this game is easy
Lol you don't believe this.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:05 am

Post by Klick »

In post 706, Clover Ebi wrote:
In post 324, DkKoba wrote:im actually reading harder into their ISO.. how TF did yall let him get in so far??????????????????
Does anyone know if DK is normally this energetic/aggro as scum? I'm inclined to townread this entrance. It feels pretty genuine to me.
Yes, DK is just aggro. I read them as town for it in their one scum game. There might be sortable stuff in their ISO that I'm struggling to find, but their intro ain't it.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:13 am

Post by Klick »

Mmm, I'm not swayed towards Pooky!town by anything in your Sleeper. Is there any way you can help me see what you're seeing? I don't feel like there's anything he's done that he couldn't do as scum
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Klick »

In post 738, Wug wrote:
In post 737, SleeperSoul wrote:why pooky town?
and were towny

the idea is bad but it's towny to have it and then post it without thinking too hard about it
This feels really weak? Like the sort of thing I post when I'm scum and want to have easy townreads
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:25 am

Post by Klick »

Worth noting that despite the complaining, for every DK spam post there's a Pooky spam response.

And I realise that's rich considering this entire page
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:33 am

Post by Klick »

I've gone off the tinfoil theory of Pooky/DK lol
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

In post 984, Klick wrote:I've gone off the tinfoil theory of Pooky/DK lol

Wait, does that mean you don't suspect pooky anymore? Or you only suspect pooky?
SleeperSoul
SleeperSoul
Goon
SleeperSoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:21 am

Post by SleeperSoul »

Time for a reread...
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Klick »

In post 985, SleeperSoul wrote:
In post 984, Klick wrote:I've gone off the tinfoil theory of Pooky/DK lol

Wait, does that mean you don't suspect pooky anymore? Or you only suspect pooky?
I don't suspect that Pooky/DK as SvS the way I was earlier in the thread.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 am

Post by Klick »

is actually rather townie by DK.

Klick/Sleeper/Clover/DonCorleone/DkKoba?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:57 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Hi, I haven’t really been enjoying this game or been able to get into it really

I’ll try to do a reread today and to say who I think the coalition should be
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:07 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 975, Klick wrote:Aldus summaries my thoughts on the argument better than I could

I don't mean his questions are random or non-game relevant. That's a very silly way to read my post.

I mean that I laid out my case for why his line of play is illogical and wrong and hints at his alignment/position not being town.

But instead of answering my case - he obfuscates by angrily spamming the thread with question after question on my behavior instead - this is a very typical whataboutism/1000 question defense.

For example one of the very first things he says about my case against him is that it is full of holes like swiss cheese and that I reek of shit - this is a very violent attack - when I ask him to justify it by pointing out specifics - he immediately shifts into hitting me with question after question.

These aren't "random questions" like why is the sky blue? Where does the moon go when it's not in our sky etc.

The questions have a specific goal and purpose - it is to shift the conversation away from the previous attack and into territory more favorable for the questioner - by controlling the conversation he can shift it towards something else instead.

Now if you guys believe that behavior is protown- then by all means put kona in your coalition and leave me out - it's fine. Just a game and I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you all that something obviously scummy is scummy.

After the coalition fails with me off it, don't come after me with your lynch rope until you lynch kona-scum first thanks.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:18 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 975, Klick wrote:and is setting up a situation where Koba even asking questions is "scummy." Then at the end Pooky frames his attempt to shut down the conversation as pro-town.
It's not the act of asking questions that is scummy.

It's the act of using questions to divert conversation so he doesn't have to defend himself in the heat of the moment that is scummy.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Klick »

I didn't interpret it as 'literally random'. I disagree with your assessment of their play being scum trying to distract from your case with questions. I think they didn't see value in debunking your case more than they did, and instead used their time to try and sort you (and has since decided your responses to them make you town).

If you're town, I believe you're in a tunnel - I don't struggle to see DK's actions from a town perspective. What are your thoughts on my ? I'm happy to go into more detail about that if desired.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'm honestly not even bothered to interact with pooky anymore because they ARE tunneling and I already sorted their slot so there's 0 point in it since i have nothing to gain but wasted words :lol: they can think I'm scum all they want because in case they haven't noticed the conversation has moved on and I've already said my piece.

I'd rather have Pooky in the coalition over anyone but you klick as your slot and pooky's slots are the only 2 i'm sure of (yours because of votato :lol: )
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

[quote="In post 983, Klick"][/quote]

perhaps it can be better framed that it was a conversation :lol: albeit a futile one
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 am

Post by DkKoba »

nice one MS, good quote
retired
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Klick »

Disregarding my own very uncertain read on Pooky, I suspect Pooky won't be agreeing to a coalition with you in it.
In post 954, DkKoba wrote:
In post 930, Deimos27 wrote:Well I do. I re-read DC's ISO and Pooky's interaction with Koba and now those players feel town to me again. But this leaves me townreading every player in the game except Aldus/Clover. So someone's pulled a fast one on me.
imma be real w you, I have been considering the solve that excludes them too because when you asked me why I townread clover I was like "well shit I don't really atm why is this kid in my coalition"
Talk to me about this? My thoughts are that it's going to be particularly difficult to form a successful coalition if we just write off the less active players for lack of evidence. If Clover/Aldus are town we have to attempt to solidify a read there today, even if it feels premature. And I agreed with your initial assessment of Clover!town.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

HURT: all
HEAL: DkKoba
HEAL: Pooky
HEAL: Klick
HEAL: Sleeper
I'm looking for a good final slot but this is where I'm at with the core I've determined. pooky/klick are self explainatory at this point. and klick has solidified my read on them.

sleeper after reexamining the co-ISO with deimos I feel better about.

now I need to try to hit what is theoretically a 3/5 chance in deimos/don/aldu/mug/clover

clover being the top spot atm and don/aldu behind and then deimos/mug being my top scumreads at this point I feel.
retired
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Klick »

I'm agreed on really not wanting Wug in the coalition. I don't feel great about Deimos either, though I'm not like super sold on them being scum there's enough of a worry that I'd rather not there.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 996, Klick wrote:Disregarding my own very uncertain read on Pooky, I suspect Pooky won't be agreeing to a coalition with you in it.
In post 954, DkKoba wrote:
In post 930, Deimos27 wrote:Well I do. I re-read DC's ISO and Pooky's interaction with Koba and now those players feel town to me again. But this leaves me townreading every player in the game except Aldus/Clover. So someone's pulled a fast one on me.
imma be real w you, I have been considering the solve that excludes them too because when you asked me why I townread clover I was like "well shit I don't really atm why is this kid in my coalition"
Talk to me about this? My thoughts are that it's going to be particularly difficult to form a successful coalition if we just write off the less active players for lack of evidence. If Clover/Aldus are town we have to attempt to solidify a read there today, even if it feels premature. And I agreed with your initial assessment of Clover!town.
clover just gives me .. weird vibes? Idk. I'm really paranoid at this point.

also re: pooky not putting me in their coalition. If I have to I'll take them out but I'm not going to take someone out who I am sure of being town unless I have to.
retired

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”