Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1546, Untrod Tripod wrote:mostly I can't understand just NOT HAVING any scum reads at that point. also, puts the two flipped scum in the town pile.
Yeeeeessss, this was definitely in my notes and struck me as BS similar to the way Auro wasn't really scumhunting. MT said the same thing day 1, which I believe I noted in my case.

Also, UT's point about the farside transition from town to scum resonates with me
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Blair »

VOTE: iamausername

Nothing to add. The case is good, and I'm predisposed to believe any case that suggests my earliest scumread may have been correct.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

also, i have a revelation.

i've been hanging onto it because it's not super useful, and there was a part of me that suspected there would be some hidden countermeasure to punish people for revealing revelations unnecessarily.

does anyone have any reasons for or against claiming revelations?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1548, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1547, VP Baltar wrote:you mean review his iso, I'm eager to do that. I have some notes on my computer after D1.
love to see what you have to add to the post above. I found a few things just doing a quick skim. maybe we can go 3 for 3
Just for you, I put down my porch beer and RAN TO THE 'PUTER.

I don't have a ton to add, but I also did not do an overnight reread of IIAU because I stand by my MT case. Here is a copypasta of my notes:

VP's notes wrote:- First serious vote of the game is on me and he just camps on that. He briefly votes Auro, and then unvotes him to get back on me. It feels like a weak bus that he chickened out on.

When I point out that he voted me without doing so much as even asking me a question, he asks me questions...which feels reactionary.

- Post 756... says he's willing to lynch puppy, even though he hasn't said word one about him.

Post 766...It strikes me that both IIAU and MT say this same "I'm only going to town read D1." IAAU doesn't have any recent town games, so I can't really check if this is true or not. Light defense of Auro in this post, which he puts at Hoopla's feet for making such a convincing townread.
The posts I reference in those notes are here:
In post 756, iamausername wrote:i have narrowed my pool of acceptable lynches to VP Baltar and Can'tLynchAPuppy.
Which I do think is really out of the blue with puppy when nothing has been said there.

He later clarifies with this:
In post 766, iamausername wrote:puppy is the other player that has done nothing that has struck me as town.

i decided a while back to take a townhunting approach to this game instead of a scumhunting approach because i was struggling to find anything scummy to latch onto.
'hasn't done anything to be town' is pretty lazy to me, and easily excusable if pressed (or open to change at a whim).

That also happens to be post 766, which is the other post I reference in my notes. Notice the blame for thinking Auro is town lies at Hoopla's feet rather than his own
In post 766, iamausername wrote:clearly i have false positives, because there are definitely going to be more than two scum in a 17 player game, but i figure on later days my town-sieve will have smaller holes. or i might actually find some scummy behaviour. either way, i am not especially concerned about it right now.

Auro is one of the more likely false positives, i guess. i found Hoopla's explanation for her townread on him in 462 convincing more than anything Auro has done himself.
YOUR AD HERE

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1553, VP Baltar wrote: That also happens to be post 766, which is the other post I reference in my notes. Notice the blame for thinking Auro is town lies at Hoopla's feet rather than his own
In post 766, iamausername wrote:clearly i have false positives, because there are definitely going to be more than two scum in a 17 player game, but i figure on later days my town-sieve will have smaller holes. or i might actually find some scummy behaviour. either way, i am not especially concerned about it right now.

Auro is one of the more likely false positives, i guess. i found Hoopla's explanation for her townread on him in 462 convincing more than anything Auro has done himself.
i agree with this.

a shameless display of passing the buck onto ol' hoopla; the convenient scapegoat.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

anyway if you think the revelation will give us an edge in catching scum, share it

or don't

ultimately it's up to you and since I think you're town I trust you to do the right thing
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1552, Hoopla wrote:does anyone have any reasons for or against claiming revelations?
Day 2. Case in point.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

having a 50/50 on scum seemed kinda overpowered which was the only thing holding me back from just voting farside immediately, i was gonna review starbuck/farside or something idk but i was never gonna vote Pork at least

i have VP/Starbuck/UT/Hoopla/Reck/Gamma as town -- then i added Blair/Green/AGar as leantown -- leaving Puppy, username, and Kmd. and i also townleaned Kmd D1

So pretty much nothing new from who is already suspected. it almost goes without saying these reads at all

i tried to respond to VP's case as best i could yesterday. Not having scumreads is kinda normal, I didn't really townread Auro so much as wanted to defend the parts of his case that were decidedly NAI, and farside has been in my PoE past early d1 and i'd have never lynched pork before her etc etc

I apologize for not really showing up past D1. there are a bunch of factors that added up to me not contributing as much as i'd have liked.

I'm going to be unavailable tomorrow so
VLA till Sunday
. Can respond for a little bit tonight

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Vi »

iamausername (Y-3)
~ Untrod Tripod, Hoopla, Blair, Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet (Y-5)
~ Starbuck, VP Baltar
Kmd4390 (Y-7)
~
(Hoopla)

Not Yeeting:
AGar,
(Blair,)
CantLynchAPuppy, Green Crayons,
(Hoopla,)
iamausername, Kmd4390, Gammagooey,
(Morning Tweet, Starbuck, Untrod Tripod, VP Baltar,)
xRECKONERx

--With 13 alive, it will take 7 votes to yeet a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Monday, 13 July 2020.
(10 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

ok the clap iso will happen when im not drunk
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1559, xRECKONERx wrote:ok the clap iso will happen when im not drunk
DO IT DRUNK
YOUR AD HERE

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1537, Hoopla wrote:petition to kick up our feet and have a relaxing day culling the lurkers.

plz respond

VOTE: KMD
Hi. Came back from camping today. Will read up tomorrow
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1560, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1559, xRECKONERx wrote:ok the clap iso will happen when im not drunk
DO IT DRUNK
+1
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:having a 50/50 on scum seemed kinda overpowered which was the only thing holding me back from just voting farside immediately, i was gonna review starbuck/farside or something idk but i was never gonna vote Pork at least

i have VP/Starbuck/UT/Hoopla/Reck/Gamma as town -- then i added Blair/Green/AGar as leantown -- leaving Puppy, username, and Kmd. and i also townleaned Kmd D1

So pretty much nothing new from who is already suspected. it almost goes without saying these reads at all

i tried to respond to VP's case as best i could yesterday. Not having scumreads is kinda normal, I didn't really townread Auro so much as wanted to defend the parts of his case that were decidedly NAI, and farside has been in my PoE past early d1 and i'd have never lynched pork before her etc etc

I apologize for not really showing up past D1. there are a bunch of factors that added up to me not contributing as much as i'd have liked.

VLA till Sunday

Anything in particular putting username over the top of the other 2? Though details about how you feel about all 3 of em would be nice too
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:i tried to respond to VP's case as best i could yesterday. Not having scumreads is kinda normal, I didn't really townread Auro so much as wanted to defend the parts of his case that were decidedly NAI, and farside has been in my PoE past early d1 and i'd have never lynched pork before her etc etc
I gotta say

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate this defense
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1556, Starbuck wrote:Day 2. Case in point.
In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:having a 50/50 on scum seemed kinda overpowered which was the only thing holding me back from just voting farside immediately,
i've been quietly ruminating on what this mechanic actually is. is it just random setup info for a handful of players? or is there something more that meets the eye? giving a guaranteed 50/50 on scum D1 seems a strange piece of info. not necessarily overpowered per se, but it seems somewhat inelegant for a classy cat like vi. i'd be ropeable if i drew scum only to be 50/50'd before uttering a word.

there is a part of me that still believes this could be a gambit from starbuck-scum. no, that's crazy.

anyway...

Spoiler: my revelation
there are 4 anti-town players in the game
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Hoopla »

not sure if i've ever played a vi-game before.

does vi have a history of modding surprise-cult games? 3 mafia + a cult leader seems like the only possible anti-town combination other than four mafia that could work, since it looks like we don't have a SK.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

i cannot imagine this is cult
green shirt thursdays
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1563, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:having a 50/50 on scum seemed kinda overpowered which was the only thing holding me back from just voting farside immediately, i was gonna review starbuck/farside or something idk but i was never gonna vote Pork at least

VLA till Sunday

Anything in particular putting username over the top of the other 2? Though details about how you feel about all 3 of em would be nice too
Username has the most obvious pretending-to-want-to-lynch-Auro-but-actually lynching-VP vote pattern D1 I suppose. As much as I hate to admit it, it's decently easy for me to make big townready posts like 396 as scum. And those were his biggest contributions i can remember

His positioning on Puppy though makes me wonder if the solve could really be both of them. Don't really think so-- username has 20 posts he has probably 25% of them casting suspicion on Puppy, whether that be directly 766/822 or just by putting him at the extreme bottom of readslists (1082). I don't think they're scum together

Actually I had Puppy dip into my townleans a couple times but unsure if for any reason in particular. OH 1400 i lean comes from town!Puppy actually-- I think he was wrong about putting investigatives on them but the fact he felt it was so obvious we should do that (even though i dont think it really makes sense) makes me think he didn't think that through too much. Whereas if he's scum I feel it'd be more likely he'd think twice before dictating PRs

Oh this was supposed to be about scumreading Puppy. Kinda just PoE. but now i'm talking myself out. I didn't realize he joined the ABR counterwagon, also feel there's townpoints for that

Kmd had takes I liked very early D1, i remember his comment on the green crayons wagon as a specific example. I also love the Hoopla/Puppy scum banter theory. Beyond that I dont have a lot of reasons though, and I can acknowledge that agreeing with someone doesn't make them town

so in conclusion there should be scum in these 3 based on the massive townpool and it's prolly username since i've come up with reasons for the others being town while looking through their isos. Sort of think a red flip from username makes Puppy town as well

there's also a large chance then that the last scum is hiding in the townreads which is unfortunate for me in that case
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1564, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1557, Morning Tweet wrote:i tried to respond to VP's case as best i could yesterday. Not having scumreads is kinda normal, I didn't really townread Auro so much as wanted to defend the parts of his case that were decidedly NAI, and farside has been in my PoE past early d1 and i'd have never lynched pork before her etc etc
I gotta say

me too kind of. i think if I were buddies with Auro, defending the parts of his case that are incorrect makes a lot of sense since I could do it truthfully. Unfortunately im not and it just sort of went that way and there's no good reason to townread me this game

if you hate the tldr with this much emphasis, i can't imagine how much pain the full version yesterday must have brought -- my apologies
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1569, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 1564, Untrod Tripod wrote:
I gotta say

me too kind of. i think if I were buddies with Auro, defending the parts of his case that are incorrect makes a lot of sense since I could do it truthfully. Unfortunately im not and it just sort of went that way and there's no good reason to townread me this game

if you hate the tldr with this much emphasis, i can't imagine how much pain the full version yesterday must have brought -- my apologies
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1566, Hoopla wrote:not sure if i've ever played a vi-game before.

does vi have a history of modding surprise-cult games? 3 mafia + a cult leader seems like the only possible anti-town combination other than four mafia that could work, since it looks like we don't have a SK.
I'd expect a Vi game to have some kind of twist. (Which is why I wanted them to mod.)

It has occurred to me some type of 3rd party could be in play and that's why the town pool seems so large in this game. But I'm also unsure and we're killing them scum, so....
YOUR AD HERE

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Spoiler: THE CLAP ISO (i drank 3 glasses of wine during this)
In post 20, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Hoopla I'll unvote u if u form an alliance with me :)
pandering and we already went over the whole alliance thing from d1 but it just seems like a weird proposition to make [note: not scum WITH hoopla]

also im not gonna quote it all here but like it takes until post 216 for CLAP to give an actual opinion on the game
In post 216, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i'd be fine lynching green crayons
In post 240, CantHateAPuppy wrote:every leader needs a first follower right?

VOTE: green crayons
shows support for a wagon, followed by people showing interest, then steps out to get the wagon going [note: no reasons stated for wagon thus far]
In post 405, CantHateAPuppy wrote:vpb feels a lot more unguarded than his last scum game, feels a lot more unfiltered, minor town read
first actual read with reasons and it's just soft meta (trash) with a "minor" town read?
no scumhunting yet.
In post 439, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 426, Starbuck wrote:
In post 421, CantHateAPuppy wrote:but your vote on blair didn't come with any questions either
This is true. My RVS vote on Reck was stale and it was time to switch it up. Does that make me hypocritical? I probably should have just FOS'd, tbh.

Reading Blair in ISO shortly after, though, actually confirmed for me that my vote is where it should be right now, so I'm pretty ok with that.
all right, looking at your back and forth with blair, i think you're being inconsistent, but inconsistent in a town way

definitely don't argree that going "full bore" on someone with two posts is a bad thing, isn't driving a wagon a good way to get more out of someone?
this is a nothingburger. after a big back and forth w/ starbuck the conclusion is "you're inconsistent but town" which i do not understand. im just not connecting the dots from A to B here with CLAP
In post 452, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 448, Starbuck wrote:
In post 444, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't mean this in a rude way. would you call yourself a stubborn person? or more light-hearted? i just want to get a picture of how to read you right
I feel I'm more lighthearted, but any interaction with me seems to be taken much more seriously than I intend when I'm just responding. Words like her "outrage" or folks assuming that I feel attacked feel so out of place because I'm not feeling that way. I'm trying to figure out where heads are at or why they think that of me as town, or if they really are scum and are just trying to push a mislynch. I just don't get the hostility behind it.

I don't know if folks are pushing buttons on purpose because I'll admit when I was here ages ago, I was probably more of a toxic player sometimes and I don't want to be that. I just want to play the game and enjoy because at the end of the day, it's just a game. If I die, I die. I'll make mistakes. I'll misread shit sometimes. Welcome to mafia!
thanks, this helps
this feels like empty posturing around starbuck. asks for self-meta. is given self-meta. and the end result is "thanks this helps". like this wasn't an attempt to solve anyone and whether someone is lighthearted or not seems irrelevant to whether they're scum PLUUUUUUS it's self-meta which is like double trash on top of trash

i just have a hard time believing SB's answer to this question actually gave CLAP anything insightful
In post 630, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't really like the vpb wagon, but i kind of agree that it's the game phase where it's time to consolidate, at least for now. I have vpb for town so I'll take the other option:

VOTE: auro

mild townread on abr for his annoying, incessent spam about how we need to vote one wagon or another. it's townie to be a little pushy here and, tbh, i think he's right that the old wagons are dead and was looking for where i'd put my vote next anyways
i dont really know how to explain this one
it's a vote on a flipped scum but it's more like "rock and a hard place ill take auro" and then there's no actual read on the gamestate or WHY auro over vpb other than weak meta CLAP has restated twice.
there's no actual attempt to drive the wagon and CLAP creates a false dichotomy between vpb/auro here. tactical bus?

I KNOW THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY A TELL but more than once CLAP has started posts with "to be honest" which i still believe may be a subliminal scum thing but don't weigh that really bc it's a dumb theory im convinced to prove one day
In post 748, CantHateAPuppy wrote:UNVOTE:

im not feeling any of these wagons right now, i need to step back and look at my options. auro in the last page or two doesn't really feel scummy to me, he just seems like someone defending a misreading of his posts that other people have decided is scummy for sort of meta reasons
sees an opportunity to hop off of auro. if CLAP was bussing then this is the right moment to hop off and hope momentum builds elsewhere while still getting :townpoints: for voting auro
In post 826, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 771, Albert B. Rampage wrote:See this is why I don't write motherfucking cases or try to explain my vote.

When I do, it brings the bandwagon to a grinding halt as people's biases and false references cloud their judgment and they hesitate.

When I say, look at the iso and find your own reasons to vote them, they try and try to find a reason, wind up seeing something new if not the exact thing I saw, and then they vote for the player I want.

There are a multitude of tells, and the one I use may not be the one someone else finds, but in the end, it doesn't matter as long as we win.

Vote VP Baltar guys. Let's go. We don't need 80 pages to end day 1.
In post 747, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 707, Albert B. Rampage wrote:1) He's desperately trying to look town and willing to make big posts calling out some people as town and some as scummy (he says I'm NAI in the big post, later says he doesn't like that I am rolefishing Reck). MT says this is town but it seems incredibly pre-planned to me so I think she's the scumbuddy.
none of these points really convince me, but this one seems especially bad, i don't get what's inconsistent about calling you null but also saying he doesn't like one specific thing you're doing
He's trying extremely hard to look town, that's what this is. Harder than you, harder than me, harder than any town ought to try.
uh, that's an interesting theory of mafia. not sure i agree but does it really matter?

thinking some more the auro case doesn't hit right, i don't agree that lots of low-effort posts mean scum or that his posts are particularly low-effort. but of all the major cases presented so far (vpb, blair), the one on auro is "least wrong" imo
soft defense of auro re: abr's push
In post 998, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hoo boy, this is going to be a hot take because no one asked for it and im not going to really explain it beyond "gut feeling"

but im thinking 2/4 scum in this group: [ llamarble, farside22, reck, kmd ]

thought goes like this: day reads to me like lots of town infighting, main wagons town (vpb, auro), some of the bigger drivers (blair, abr, gc) don't feel like scum drivers. so im kind of looking for players who are skirting around the main wagons and main discussions and that's what i feel at least. (actually llamarble is 3rd most active player which surprised me because i don't remember much of what he has said / done all game, this is probably the first iso ill do when i get around to that stage)
so we know that farside flipped scum, i know im town, idk about kmd or llamarble

but maybe bigger !?!?!?!?!? is that CLAP *knew* there were 4 scum before hoopla revealed her information.

putting one buddy in a scum group is already a pretty common scum tactic! on top of this she calls auro town. it's pretty easy -- farside had no pressure, so toss her in the scum pile for easy points, while still soft defending auro. btw if CLAP is scum im treating kmd & llamarble as conftown here.
In post 1083, CantHateAPuppy wrote:all right, blair makes me brave, i don't want to keep holding my vote, ill try this wagon

VOTE: albert b rampage
finally, commits to ABR over Auro

DAY TWO HAPPENS!
In post 1331, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 1300, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1293, Gammagooey wrote:He seemed p. right about Auro from what I've read up to so far - what was he wrong about? (aside from his Reck thoughts, Reck being lazier than his former self is a truth he was unaware of)
Well he was clearly wrong about me for starters and contributed to that uphill fight for Auro for some time.

I also recall he was scum reading puppy, which I found myself disagreeing with.

I think the whole "solve the entire game" approach to D1 was counterproductive and contributed to a bloated D1. But hey, pobody's nerfect
this post screams town imo, that plus the fact he was run up yesterday to me means VPB is basically town

i thought his MT case was good too, i want to go back and look at all the posts he pointed out and see if i actually agree with it. MT's entrance this page was fairly good too, so sorting out a read here is my homework

porkens looks town to me, i had that thought yesterday before reading the flip and again after. auro's scum theater was so over the top that i don't think it comes from scum v scum, if porkens was scum with auro it would have been way easier to do just about anything else
i didnt quote it but CLAP opens the day by voting IAAUN saying he seems like "the most likely non-auro voter to be scum"
so then CLAP goes right back to defending VPB, which, that was the bulk of the D1 posts i didnt quote. it's like incessant how hard CLAP wants everyone to know they believe VPB to be town. all on meta. over and over.
In post 1332, CantHateAPuppy wrote:hoopla, maybe this isn't a question uve researched but since uve talked about research

any thoughts on when scum is most likely to hop on a bus? L-1? L-2? hammer? i guess it kinda doesn't matter, but i'm trying to figure out how much the auro wagon has scum and how much the off wagons have scum
questioning hoopla about mafia theory while
still not explaining the IAAUN vote

In post 1400, CantHateAPuppy wrote:VOTE: farside

it should be obvious that any investigative roles should be on pork/starbuck tonight
CLAP already spent a lot of time defending porkens so to 180 to flip on him wouldve been really transparent. after not bussing D1 i think once Starbuck's info was public it's very likely scum decided to cut their losses and get the bus credit. in the meantime, tries to waste town investigative powers by getting inv roles on porkens (who died)

TLDR

D1, CLAP tries to seem like a town leader by being willing to get the wagon started on GC early
parks a vote on Auro for the townpoints later before finding a convenient opportunity to hop off the wagon
throws out a readslist apropros of nothing that just so happens to call auro town and farside scum when there was no pressure on farside
when push comes to shove, CLAP supports the town counterwagon to Auro
D2, CLAP comes out hot for IAAUN without ever stating why
once SB claims, after CLAP has already called Porkens town, she jumps on the farside wagon (who was already in her scumlist D1) bc there's no easy other options

the other part of this i cant parse is that CLAP has spent a majority of their posts constantly defending Blair and VPB. im guessing it's a familiarity thing in some way, but hasn't done anything outside of that to try to read anyone. in fact, CLAP just keeps restating the same defenses of Blair and VPB over and over again.
but not a single attempt seems to have been made to scumhunt.
the vote on farside was a 50/50 predicated by previous porkens reads and still CLAP has no actual scumreads outside of stating that IAAUN was "most likely non-Auro voter to be scum" without any reasoning.

nothing on AGar
nothing on GC after starting the GC wagon D1 and never giving a reason for it
nothing on Hoopla
nothing on kmd despite putting kmd in the scumlist D1
nothing on MT
nothing on UT
nothing on me

to me it feels like CLAP found early reasoning to defend blair & vpb and then decided to just lock onto those two in order to contribute CONTENT to the game but hasn't actually done anything super credible. it feels like scum coasting.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

the iso dive i did basically shows me a compelling case for CLAP to be scum but also wasn't as slam dunk in my gut as i hoped so i will leave my vote on VOTE: CLAP for now but am also keeping my eyes open for things that might ping me more

i should really just duo-iso both auro & farside but auro spamposted and that seems like a pain in the ass and now im very deep in my drunk so i will not do it
green shirt thursdays
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1572, xRECKONERx wrote:I KNOW THIS ISN'T ACTUALLY A TELL but more than once CLAP has started posts with "to be honest" which i still believe may be a subliminal scum thing but don't weigh that really bc it's a dumb theory im convinced to prove one day
i go out of my way to not say this as scum sometimes because i know it inevitably gets brought up at least once per game. whereas it's just a normal part of my vocabulary i wouldnt think about as town

that's not intended as a debunk to your case i just had to say it

I think your points about a lot of Puppys early game being substanceless are fair enough. I can confirm soft defending Auro doesn't make one scum by default -- it seems to be a trend among the newer players actually doesnt it

the point about puppy knowing there are 4 scum since he said "2/4 in this group are scum" seems like a stretch to me. I have been assuming there were 4 scum all game anyway. Although i didn't really consider 3p

And the swap to ABR almost looks good to me. kinda. Probably in a WIFOMy way i guess -- it seems like a bad move to do as scum, something that is so blatantly obviously going to get pointed out later in the game (even had Auro not been lynched that day). It felt like Auro was going to die eventually, going out of your way to try and save him in a really obvious manner is just terrible

I think your point about Puppy wanting everyone to know he knew VP was always town is actually a really good one. It seemed unnecessary to point out that VP is town (1331), it seemed pretty obvious by that point, he could potentially have been trying to highlight he knew it all along. I still could explain this by town!Puppy possibly not realizing we'd all be on the same page there, but it is suspicious for sure

i really do not think Puppy was trying to bait us into wasting investigatives in 1400. That just seems like a terrible idea as scum, if he'd have thought twice (which i'd think he'd do as scum), he could have easily thought better of that request. rather it feels like town making a mistake to me (since he described it as so obvious)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”