Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 439, GuiltyLion wrote:The other thing I don't like about popoppopoopoppopo's vote:

You previously said Nauci was "forced as fuck" and were voting her. Then she quotes one, yes ONE, post of mine she doesn't like, and votes me, and your response is to put me at L-2 with no hesitation? Did your read on Nauci change? Do you think she just decided to lolbus me cause Norway wants to play like he's some RVS god, even though I later linked a game where I opened the exact same way as town? It seems pretty dissonant to me!

VOTE: popopopopopo
This was a god tier post from GL btw
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 1978, Glitch wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1970, Looker wrote:
In post 1944, Glitch wrote:
Looker
: Continuously questions and pushes against popo, but not with remarkable strength. Only votes for popo once there's actual confirmation from Norway on a guilty read. Could be genuine town -- could be scum bussing because he has to in order to not be SR'd.
I think it'd be more accurate to say I voted him my first post of the day. And, in the interest of challenging your survivalism, what would questions and pushes of "remarkable strength" look like to you? Beyond voting, I mean.

The purpose in pointing out the lack of strength in your peppered questions to popo throughout the game is not something I think is AI and makes you scummy. The reason I brought it up is because, as we look back over your interactions with popo, I can read them as if you're town and I can read them as if you're scum and they all make sense either way. It doesn't indicate anything to me about your alignment and I was hoping to go back and see that it pointed to some town vibes for you. 492, 544, 620, 681, 1502. Those interactions with popo which I was hoping would help steer us in a clearer direction regarding your alignment, do not do so. The only post that you have that even mildly suggests that you're not on a team with popo is 922. Your percentage breakdown of who you would like to lynch is objectively townie because it leaves no room to hide or ignore every player, which is definitely townie. And in 922 you've got popo pretty high up there. Scum could do this as well but it wasn't necessary for you to SR him that high up at that point and that's interesting.
I wasn't asking if you thought it was scummy, I was asking what 'questions' and 'pushes' of "remarkable strength" look like to you. Because I'm not sure you're not just saying things to make you look better.
Spoiler:
In post 1970, Looker wrote:37% Nauci | 25% Truth | 17% Blair/Dunnstral | 12% Glitch | 9% NDMath

Can we revisit why you're at 25% on Truth? In what ways do you feel that Truth's relationship with popo is scum indicative?
"Re-visiting" implies we've visited something before. Also, I never said anything about Truth's 'relationship' with Popo.
In post 1978, Glitch wrote:I would be interested in hearing why Nauci is your strongest SR, and for some reason I'm just now realizing your point you made earlier that she was on the osuka wagon but not on the popo wagon. I'm want to dive into that slot a little more.
It irritates me that you're answering your own question with information I've already provided.
In post 1970, Looker wrote:And obviously Nauci wishes I was the policy vig, because I can see how scummy he looks today. He doesn't even say he thinks I'm scum.
Can you expound on this more, particularly the policy vig part?
What is your actual question?
In post 1979, Dunnstral wrote:Wow, you guys all turned on me fast. Obviously there's scum in that group of players. Nauci and NDMath had the worst votes, though Nauci unvoted after NDMath did.
Are you saying a lack of conviction makes someone more town, or that scum could avoid the scrutiny of being on a town quickflip? Stop OMGUSing and vote Nauci with me.
In post 1985, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1970, Looker wrote:(Because I disagree with you trying to flip someone who hasn't been on any of the end-of-day wagons despite Nauci flipping osuka but not popopo.)
I don't think NDMath not being on end of day wagons is a strong reason to townread them
Interesting direction - you're leaving out that Nauci wagoned town but not scum. You're also saying "NDMath isn't town" as opposed to "Nauci isn't scum".
In post 1993, Glitch wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1989, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1979, Dunnstral wrote:Chill out, when I started posting I was still getting a feel for the game and then the popopo stuff happened and I got sidetracked talking about that. Today I'm examining everyone with a smaller pool of players
This is my response to that

Mafia Vigilante is not a normal role and SK isn't in minis, so Blair must be town vig

Wrong answer.

I have
intent to hammer
on Dunnstral. I'd really like to hear Lookers thoughts on why he prefers Truth or Nauci over Dunnstral at this point.
Up until you irritating me and this flash wagon, my expectation was always for Blair to vig Dunnstral. At this point now, though, I'd rather she kill one of the surviving cats.

• Does anyone have any backstory on Truth? Is he a child (as in underage)? Is he ESL? None of what he's saying is making sense to me.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1987, Truth wrote:
In post 1977, Looker wrote:
In post 1975, NDMath wrote:Massclaiming at F5 beats a vig shot and massclaiming at F4.
What does F# stand for?

• Truth has waived all rights to be suspicious of anyone with his play. My intent is to kill one of the cats today.
    • If Truth thinks NDMath is trying to out a doc and kill them, why is he voting anyone other than NDMath and why is he voting along
      with
      NDMath?
I explained why in the same post, Looker. NDMath was suspicious when he said that but my overall top suspicious read is Dunnstral, and I don't think Dunnstral and NDMath make sense because of the votes. I wonder if you feel like you have to suspect me now, especially if I'm actually right on it being you and Dunnstral.

My paranoid suspect read is Blair. If she's a mafia vigilante, we will keep trusting her and she can just get ignored of all suspicions, especially because she helped get po lynched. I think it might be a good strategy to buy trust for Blair if they are both mafia, but I will think about this more if she is still alive tomorrow.
You're saying that you read enough of the wiki to know that the meta is for millers to claim on day 1, but didn't catch that vigilante is an explicitly town role?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Nauci »

goddamnit why did I go back to skim the beginning of the game as well

I'm still not caught up but it's 4 21 AM and I am going to bed and finishing this tomorrow I swear to god I will come out swinging
In post 502, Truth wrote:Should we quickly lynch popopopopopopopopo and go into night? I don't we'll get a better suspect than this and it may be good to go to the night without giving mafia any more information.
This post is sending me into WIFOM hell
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 619, Truth wrote:Maybe a valid situation for a normal lynch could be done by forming multiple bandwagons and seeing how people will vote between them. I am personally happy with my vote on po (shortening the name now).
God I hope you have a big reveal at the end that your entire post history is just the reactions of a neural net fed on Mafiascum wiki pages
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 632, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 551, mavsfan41 wrote:I can’t help but feel your progression to Popopo was after testing the waters for a Norwegian lynch then going to a much too easy scum linking of Norwegian/popopo. Surely scum won’t be that ballsy to pull off voting pattern like that?

@GL: do you still have a Popopo/Norwegian scum pairing?
I generally don't think it's S-S cause I agree with you, it feels too over the top. I do think it's likely at least one of them is scum though. If I thought they were definitely buddies, I would have just stayed on Norway, the point of switching was to switch gears to pressure popopopopopopopopo while still feeling out what the game state looks like if Norway and myself is TvT after all.

Also, popoppopopopopop's vote, even if it was nothing but a sheep, was exactly where scum would be hopping on my wagon, so that was the main reason my read on him soured so much. I generally don't believe there's a case on me worthy of votes at this point, I've started playing and engaging with the game so the 'activity' tell is out and I've also already shown Norway's RVS reasoning doesn't hold up.
I see why they shot you and I'm sorry buddeh
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 45, Truth wrote:I never claimed to never lie, but I haven't lied this game yet regardless.
f
a
s
c
i
n
a
t
i
n
g
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 1946, Truth wrote:Okay, I will admit it. I am not a miller or a mason. I am a vanilla townie and have no special abilities.
I knew I am weak when I started playing so
my goal was to be killed by the mafia in the night
which would help town a lot to win I think. But
my plan didn't work and mafia didn't kill me
. I kept asking for doctors to be on me and event alked about my buddies which never existed :( to make mafia believe I was really a mason, and then I was hoping they would have a strongman or they went for it anyway, but they never did...
I'm sorry for lying to you all. It seemed like a good play to me and
I'm quite sure I would have been lynched on day 1 if I didn't claim it so I don't think it was a bad play
. Please believe me.
When I read Blair's 2000 I wasn't really getting it but when I went back and read this post there's a clear and very evident contradiction here. The first two statements that I highlighted seem to indicate that your goal was to use get killed by Mafia because the town would be better of if you were one of the early NK's since you are a weaker player. However, the last statement I highlighted seems to indicate that your goal by making the claim was actually to keep yourself alive longer.

Which was it? Did you want to make this supposed noble sacrifice? Or were you making a wild move out of self-preservation?

Whichever answer to that question is the true answer, then why did you make a conflicting statement?

Please answer all my questions, not just choose one question to answer and ignore all the others, like you did when I wrote a wall against you.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Blair »

"Get nightkilled" and "Don't get lynched" are not mutually exclusive.

"Get nightkilled by fake claiming" and "Fake claim something that gets lynched or vig'd often" are actual contradictions, however.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2031, Glitch wrote:
In post 45, Truth wrote:I never claimed to never lie, but I haven't lied this game yet regardless.
f
a
s
c
i
n
a
t
i
n
g
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2032, Glitch wrote:Which was it? Did you want to make this supposed noble sacrifice? Or were you making a wild move out of self-preservation?
This is a really problematic paragraph here.

Why?

Because, as I pointed out in , there wasn't actually a contradiction between "I want to be nightkilled" and "I don't want to be lynched."

At first I thought this was just one of many accidentally bad-faith arguments, but
the quoted paragraph here is actually evidence of you carefully, wilfully, deliberately stitching this misrepresentation together.

You went out of your way here to conflate "get nightkilled" > "noble sacrifice" and "not lynched" > "self preservation." It isn't difficult at all to understand how he wanted the Mafia to waste a night phase on him but did not want the town to waste a day phase on him. Whether or not we believe him is a separate matter, but you are deliberately gaslighting his position into a contradiction between "I want to live / I want to die" that doesn't actually exist in his post.

I think you know exactly what you did there and how misleading it would be.

VOTE: Glitch
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 2033, Blair wrote:"Get nightkilled" and "Don't get lynched" are not mutually exclusive.

"Get nightkilled by fake claiming" and "Fake claim something that gets lynched or vig'd often" are actual contradictions, however.
I had to read that first line like 4 times to get it but now I see what you're saying. That makes more sense now. Okay, scratch my 2032 questions.

Your second line I'm still working on wrapping my head around. Miller gets killed frequently by town because it's sus to claim it to begin with, so why claim that if your goal is to get killed by scum? That makes sense.
In post 2002, Blair wrote:
In post 1997, Glitch wrote:
In post 1988, Glitch wrote:His VT claim makes sense to me because I can't imagine Truth having played the way he has all game and be scum that pulled this crazy mason fake claim just to last to the end. I'm open to cases on it but Idk. That + his relationship with popo just rule out a lot of my willingness to consider him scum.
Blair what are your thoughts on this? Truth is ridiculous but have a hard time seeing him as scum because of his relationship with popo. Do you bekievenhis miller mason claim or his relationship with po are AI?
"His relationship with Popo"? He was scumreading Popo but didn't help lynch him. How is that town indicative?

The Miller fake claim (we now know it was fake, that is an important data point) is objectively alignment indicative, yes. The only discernible motivation to lie about being a Miller is to avoid being investigated - something a Vanilla Townie would not be afraid of.

Also, I'm sorry, but I 100% do not buy that he signed up for this game, received a Vanilla Townie role, and then decided he was out of his depth and immediately (in his very first post!) lied about his role
to try to get himself nightkilled
. Way more likely that he just didn't want to get investigated.
I understand this argument. Here's where my breakdown comes in though.

Truth has played on a whole new level of noob in this game; one I've never seen before. It's incredible, actually. Therefore, the thought that someone who plays this poor, changes how I interpret a Miller Mason false claim that you say is objectively alignment indicative. Under normal circumstances with any other player in this game, yes, I would agree that it
is objectively
alignment indicative. However, because Truth, a player who has demonstrated a shocking lack of skill and aptitude to succeed as a strong player, is the one who made this false claim, we have to think about this fake claim through the lenses of how an unskilled noob would approach making a claim like that, not how an average-joe player would approach that strategy. That changes things up. Someone of Truth's...
caliber
seems unlikely of coming up with a Miller Mason claim as a self-preservation method as scum. That's a stretch in my mind. However, a noob coming up with that thought makes more sense if they're literally just scrolling through the wiki looking for ideas on how to live longer or play better. I'm not saying it was a good judgment call, but I could see how Truth's line of thinking that has been presented through the game makes sense with a town aligned noob role rather than a scum aligned noob role.

This is a comment for outside this game: Truth, I hope you don't take any of this on a personal level, by the way. I have been astounded by your play in this game and it
has
been very poor, but that's nothing personal against you, you just suck at playing this game and that's okay lol. You have made this game very different and interesting which has made it more fun, and while I do need to critically analyze your contributions and play with honesty, I do not want you to take away anything personal from my comments as that is not the intention.

PEdit
: 2035 hit after I had written this all out above. I honestly had not put 2&2 together on the non-contradiction there and was thinking of it more on a surface level.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Blair »

In post 2036, Glitch wrote:I honestly had not put 2&2 together on the non-contradiction there and was thinking of it more on a surface level.
Lies and blasphemy.

You intentionally suspended critical faculties to stitch this together:
In post 2032, Glitch wrote:The first two statements that I highlighted seem to indicate that your goal was to use get killed by Mafia because the town would be better of if you were one of the early NK's since you are a weaker player. However, the last statement I highlighted seems to indicate that your goal by making the claim was actually to keep yourself alive longer.

Which was it? Did you want to make this supposed noble sacrifice? Or were you making a wild move out of self-preservation?
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 1946, Truth wrote:Okay, I will admit it. I am not a miller or a mason. I am a vanilla townie and have no special abilities.
I knew I am weak when I started playing so my goal was to be killed by the mafia in the night which would help town a lot to win I think. But my plan didn't work and mafia didn't kill me. I kept asking for doctors to be on me and event alked about my buddies which never existed :( to make mafia believe I was really a mason, and then I was hoping they would have a strongman or they went for it anyway, but they never did...
I'm sorry for lying to you all. It seemed like a good play to me and I'm quite sure I would have been lynched on day 1 if I didn't claim it so I don't think it was a bad play. Please believe me.
When you read through this on a surface level, it can give out two messages. "I want to die," and "I don't want to die." That's what I took away from it and posted up my questions because it didn't make sense to me. 2033 helped me understand how the two can consistently coexist, but if you want to take it as me intentionally framing him up to look bad, I don't have a defense there except to say that I took back my questioning once I understood, and did so before you moved your vote onto me.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Nauci »

Okay but can someone weigh in on my view that the sheer number of posts and the content they contained from Truth claiming what his "buddies" were saying to him are so numerous and sometimes even out of Truth's character that it is much easier for me to believe that his mafia buddies were ragging on him in their PT and Truth was pretending it was a mason PT

Because I am having a very hard time believing all of those "my buddies have since explained to me why this was bad" and other posts as just a VT talking to himself
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Blair »

I don't know if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole of psychoanalysis just yet.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Blair »

Like, yeah, you definitely have a point, and I really WANT to believe he was using masonry as a foil for real interactions with his scum buddies.

But I can totally see him just talking into a mirror on some Smeagol/Gollum stuff, too.
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Truth »

I assure you I do not have a Smeagol/Gollum condition!
In post 1965, Nauci wrote:
In post 1948, Truth wrote:I think Dunnstral is most likely mafia for the way mavsfan attacked po early but then asked about why people were voting po when other people actually started voting him, and he started calling it a policy lynch instead of looking at the actual reasons.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Why the fuck were you not making posts like this for the first 77 pages lmao
In post 1969, Nauci wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral

who's seeing what I'm seeing
In post 1972, Nauci wrote:Hey I am still not fully caught up (I
promise
I will within the next 24 hours) so I'm not ready for it to be L-1 as I head to bed rn, even though I think that Dunnstral was doing the vote behavior and barely-surface level "scumhunting" that his scum game consistently exhibits

Also I have to admit I didn't read the recent wall posts, only the crazy Truth posts

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
I thought this meant Nauci was believing me. So, her saying I am definitely mafia now seems suspicious to me. I think it could also be Dunnstral and Nauci.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Looker »

Who does Nauci think is scum?
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Truth »

Glitch, if you don't mind, I would like some pointers into how you think I could improve after the game is over. I am sorry if I am making the game worse to play for anyone but am glad if you find it more interesting because of me. Having a town like osuka get mad at me is not enjoyable for me or him, so I would like to work to improve that.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2026, Looker wrote:I wasn't asking if you thought it was scummy, I was asking what 'questions' and 'pushes' of "remarkable strength" look like to you. Because I'm not sure you're not just saying things to make you look better.
I've tried to up my game this time a lot because in past games I have been voted off for playing poorly and because my scum hunting sucks. I read up on how to be a good scum hunter on the wiki and this is one of the main points that has stuck with me:
In [url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=A_Guide_to_Focusing_on_Scum_and_Getting_them_Lynched]A Guide to Focusing on Scum and Getting them Lynched[/url], Rampage wrote:
2. Don't lose sight.
Ignore other players' inquiries if their questions don't move you closer to lynching your target player. Take things further. Get an emotional reaction out of your victim by heavily accusing them of scum backed by whatever evidence you have.
It should be 50% evidence, 50% accusation.
You should make it clear to your suspect that you will never change your mind about them, and you will do anything to get them lynched, every day, every page, every damn post. This will work to your advantage. Keep the ball on your court, rob the scum of their dominance and place them in a frame of survival. This way, you are exploiting the maximum bussing potential of a scumteam.
This is something I've been working hard on in this game as I try to improve, and because of that, it's something that I've also been watching how others approach. It makes sense why it's pro-town -- it gets results, it creates content, it exposes vulnerabilities. Basically the essence is... push people hard. Use evidence and use accusation. I haven't seen much of the latter in your posts; and I'm not saying that that makes your posts poor quality. I enjoy reading your posts and I like how organized and systematized you are in writing them, and I think you are very observant and address important points. But I don't see many accusations and I don't see a lot of pushing. I just see a lot of poking around and digging, which, like I said, is good. But to my answer to your question: when I said I didn't see a lot of strength to your pushes, that's what I was talking about. Rather than push with accusations and using your vote with a case to sway others and form more pressure, it seemed that all the votes you've cast this game aren't accompanied by much of a case at all.

Spoiler: All posts where Looker votes
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11909889#p11909889]post 144[/url], Looker wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11909702#p11909702]post 132[/url], LicketyQuickety wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11909699#p11909699]post 131[/url], NorwegianboyEE wrote:More than 2 masons in a mini setup sounds implausible. A hood would be more likely for that.
Truth has all but admitted it's a hood. It's a hood until proven otherwise.
Do you feel we have a legitimate claim 7 pages in?
Why are you trying to avoid RVS?

VOTE: LicketyQuickety Consider it a reward for your...effort
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11914856#p11914856]post 492[/url], Looker wrote:
I feel you're just saying that because it's an easy thing to say.
I think it'd be easier if you just voted me instead of pretending to scumhunt.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11913754#p11913754]post 445[/url], GuiltyLion wrote:here's my "taking a look at the whole game" reads for Norwegian:

Townies: CSF, Nauci, Lickety, Candy Shop
don't feel like voting today but maybe a scum: Looker, osuka
has not played the game yet: rozyroz
self-resolving: Truth
could see myself voting today: mavsfan, glitch
one of these two is scum: Norway, popopopopoppopopoopp

p-edit: What am I misdirecting away from? I replied directly to the latest two people that voted me
Most informational flip: GuiltyLion
Secondary options: LicketyQuickety / NorwegianboyEE
Gray Area/Reasons I'm not ready to end the day: Glitch / Candy Shop / Mavsfan / Cat Scratch Fever /
rozyroz
NDMath / Osuka
Comfortable with delaying inspection: Truth / popopopo / Nauci
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11914232#p11914232]post 471[/url], Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why is Nauci town again? I feel like she’s been taking safe stances
I feel like {Glitch | Candy Shop | Mavsfan | Cat Scratch Fever |
rozyroz
NDMath | Osuka} are the safe ones.

VOTE: GuiltyLion How many people on your wagon are scum?
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11946736#p11946736]post 1694[/url], Looker wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11944759#p11944759]post 1581[/url], Truth wrote:My cat trust circle is right! Cat Scratch Fever, GuiltyLion, Nauci, NorwegianboyEE, Truth all town.
How do you know this?
Even as a bus to endgame?
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11946335#p11946335]post 1672[/url], popopopopopopo wrote:I am the vig I shot cat scratch. I knew it was a non legit guilty because I am town, so I fake claimed vt because I knew its a fake guilty. I didnt consider gunsmith in that decision and that's me being dumb.
Why CSF over GuiltyLion/LicketyQuick?
That's pretty convenient.

• We can't rule out a NorwegianboyEE bus; I don't want him to make it to endgame.
  • Don't allow NorwegianboyEE to chain lynches unless he gets another guilty.
  • My lynch preferences are 31% popopo | 21% Blair or
    mavsfan41
    Dunnstral | 19% LQ | 11% NDMath | 8% Nauci | 7% Norway | 3% Truth | >1% Glitch
VOTE: popopo
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11937137#p11937137]post 1502[/url], Looker wrote:Lynch preferences are: 22% GuiltyLion | 19% Blair or mavsfan41 | 14% popopo or osuka | 12% NDMath | 11% LicketyQuickety | 8% Glitch or NorwegianboyEE | 7% Cat Scratch Fever | 4% Truth | 3% Nauci
Osuka's dead and this moves popopo up
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11956504#p11956504]post 1872[/url], Looker wrote:
  • Why wasn't Blair killed last night?
  • I don't listen to meta arguments unless they're all-encompassing. 1 game isn't an adequate sample size.
VOTE: Nauci
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2044, Truth wrote:Glitch, if you don't mind, I would like some pointers into how you think I could improve after the game is over. I am sorry if I am making the game worse to play for anyone but am glad if you find it more interesting because of me. Having a town like osuka get mad at me is not enjoyable for me or him, so I would like to work to improve that.
You're not making it worse, brother, you've made it fun and super different from most of the other games I play. I like playing games with a Shyamalan twist in them. :lol: I'm not an expert, I'm actually pretty noobish myself if you look into my past games. I get lynched a lot for playing pretty bad. But I've been trying hard to step it up this game, reading up on how to play well. I've actually been planning to try and get some tips and pointers myself from some of the pros in this game once this one is over on how to improve my gameplay as well.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Blair »

I decided to take a trip back through Truth's ISO now that he claims he lied about being a Miller Mason because he wanted to avoid being lynched and attract a night kill, and I'm really struggling with this post in particular:
In post 325, Truth wrote:
In post 299, Glitch wrote:What's with the backpedaling? It seems like you claimed right off the bat and then realized it wasn't the greatest idea so you're going to leave it a little more open ended and open some other possibilities up. Why?
I was actually okay with being lynched so that I could be confirmed, and it would confirm my buddies as masons. But they suggested against this idea.
He was okay with being lynched? This doesn't line up with his later explanation.

Initially I thought this post would never come from scum:
In post 502, Truth wrote:Should we quickly lynch popopopopopopopopo and go into night? I don't we'll get a better suspect than this and it may be good to go to the night without giving mafia any more information.
Until I realized there were only three votes on Popo at the time (one being Truth's) - this was not a credible threat. (Contrast this with later in the day, when Truth asked the same question about Osuka, who was at six votes).

This question to Popopo is conceivable to me as SvS as well:
In post 110, Truth wrote:I may have 1 buddy, I may have 2, I may have 3. Either way, I am going to use the plural form.

popo, why is it a bad idea to out if I'm just in a neighbourhood?
And let's not forget this post, where Truth speculates that I could be the Vigilante
long before my counterclaim.
In post 1743, Truth wrote:Because I am town, Blair! Please don't shoot me if you're the vigilante. Does my buddy really need to prove this to be the case?

Dunnstral's plan where we let the vigilante shoot po if he's lying seems like a good idea.

But who else should be lynch today instead? osuka and po were my main suspects.
I think Truth v Popo was a weak SvS bus all along.

VOTE: Truth

My vote has been all over the place, but I think I'm set now. :lol:
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2026, Looker wrote:Does anyone have any backstory on Truth? Is he a child (as in underage)?
I also noticed during my ISO dive that Truth was asked about his home site, and replied that he couldn't say because it was linked to his university - so no, he is not a child.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2043, Looker wrote:Who does Nauci think is scum?
Spoiler: Oh, I dunno...
In post 1893, Nauci wrote:
In post 1891, Blair wrote:(He's saying either they killed Norwe because he was more threatening or [WIFOM: They killed him because they expected us to expect them to kill me].

Nauci, are you a Mason / Neighbor?
Nope

Does this mean we burn the witch now
In post 1939, Nauci wrote:
In post 1936, Blair wrote:It has a lot to do with how confident you are that there will be at least one scum between Truth and [other person you would choose].

If you're 100% confident that at least one would be scum, then the oder becomes immaterial.

Otherwise, we have to consider the possibility that they are both town - in which case voting one out today and shooting the other tonight would lose us the game.
I am using the premise here that Truth is 100% scum, but the other person we may want dead is not–in which case I am wondering if we want to find out the one we are unsure about first, and then shooting truth in order to maximally narrow down POE and not waste what is likely your last vig shot.
In post 1984, Nauci wrote:
In post 53, popopopopopopo wrote:no we are not lynching the claimed mason.
Just to be clear

None of us are believing either of Truth's claims, right
In post 2008, Nauci wrote:
In post 1988, Glitch wrote:Nauci when you asked about either of Truths claims did you mean his Miller Mason claim and his VT claim? His VT claim makes sense to me because I can't imagine Truth having played the way he has all game and be scum that pulled this crazy mason fake claim just to last to the end. I'm open to cases on it but Idk. That + his relationship with popo just rule out a lot of my willingness to consider him scum.
I was skimming some of Truth's ISO and lean on the side of he had scum buddies to interact with and didn't fake the entiiiiire dynamic of being in a thread with other people because otherwise it is just too fucking wild for me to believe

I find it far more plausible that his scum buddies were berating him repeatedly for his mad gambit and he was talking about his "mason buddies" interactions with him as a result of this

Popopopopo stepped in to just briefly comment "we're not lynching the claim" while probably ranting at him in their PT seems reasonable to me because Truth had SO many posts taking about the others' views and based on his ability to interpret game state and mechanics, idk if he could spin all of that whole-cloth.
In post 2024, Nauci wrote:I don't see why that can't be right, because all of my town reads from D1 have been lynched or shot by now lol

I've only got townreads by POE at this point, because I find it so hard to believe Truth could possibly be a VT that he must be scum, and then probably NDM is my next highest suspect.

My vote on Dunnstral gave me the reaction I wanted to see, because Dunnstral has been scum a hell of a lot and reacts mostly the same way when he is pushed to the brink of lynching, so he can be a slight town lean
In post 2039, Nauci wrote:Okay but can someone weigh in on my view that the sheer number of posts and the content they contained from Truth claiming what his "buddies" were saying to him are so numerous and sometimes even out of Truth's character that it is much easier for me to believe that his mafia buddies were ragging on him in their PT and Truth was pretending it was a mason PT

Because I am having a very hard time believing all of those "my buddies have since explained to me why this was bad" and other posts as just a VT talking to himself

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”