Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 2549, Kmd4390 wrote:1. You act like I haven't been calling puppy scum all game.
2. I want to eliminate scum, not just someone who changes a mechanic by dying.

I even layed out for you why I believe puppy now. What scum who is likely surviving the day gives town a reason to eliminate them?
The timeline of your thoughts that you are giving us here does not line up with the timeline of your stated thoughts in your actual posts.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by Blair »

Your , , , and all shade Puppy yet they all come AFTER Puppy's Calamity Trigger claim that you say makes him town.

You didn't call him town until I called you scum.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Blair »

VOTE: Kmd4390

See above
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

I'm just gonna VOTE: unvote for now and get some sleep

see ya'll tomorrow
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Blair »

Gamma

No

You misspelled Kmd4390
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2551, Blair wrote:Your , , , and all shade Puppy yet they all come AFTER Puppy's Calamity Trigger claim that you say makes him town.

You didn't call him town until I called you scum.
Thats because I had to think about the trigger thing. It's not like I saw it and immediately thought oh that definitely makes puppy town. Im a slower thinker and it takes me a few to get there .
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2495, CantHateAPuppy wrote:
In post 2494, xRECKONERx wrote:the argument CLAP is making is that if we keep random kills (again we don't know they're actually random) then the kills might help us eliminate our potential yeetpool

like if we take out a non-tracker today and scumkill hits another non-tracker overnight
and also that it's possible scum have some other way to fight trackers, given that it's likely Vi planned for the game to go more or less just like this.

But uh, since it doesn't look like anyone else likes this, i'll tell you half and see if everyone wants the other half. im not trying to be coy or unhelpful, i just think there's an obvious risk to sharing what i don't have to unless there's a good consensus for it:

there's something called a "calamity trigger". if it gets triggered, the kill mechanics are no longer in effect. (I don't want to say "go back to normal" because i don't actually know what "normal" is). the way it's worded in my role PM is something like this: scum pick the kill, Vi blocks it and then makes a new kill (which may or may not be the same),
until the calamity trigger goes off

the calamity trigger is held by a certain town slot (i kind of assumed this was the tarhalindur negative utility everyone was speculating about earlier). presumably that town slot knows who they are, i don't want to out unless there's consensus for it. the name "calamity trigger" kind of scared me because i wasn't sure if killing that players would have any other effects besides changing the kill mechanics
lmfao how is your revelation like 10 paragraphs and mine is like one half sentence

can you please stop trickling info and resetting the gamestate every 3 days
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 2543, Blair wrote:Like, Puppy is definitely getting run up today. I think that's pretty clear.

So why are certain players scrambling to position themselves in relation to his alignment?
lono
green shirt thursdays
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Puppy, so your revelation is three parts?

Do you think your demise guarantees the end of the tracker-hamper?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

CLAP is obviously telling the truth.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2559, Green Crayons wrote:CLAP is obviously telling the truth.
Oh dammit the thread was loaded back a couple of pages. So this is in reference to CLAP claiming to be the trigger.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2204, CantHateAPuppy wrote:my role implies that there is a way to stop the random nightkills, but i think they're good for town and i don't want to speculate on what would do it. (this is why i was worried scum might know something and didn't want to say too much)
Scum isn't going to voluntarily out themselves as a role that would change game mechanics in a way that potentially benefits town.

CLAP is town.

Also, I don't trust the game setup to not include a mafia ninja. Or maybe the calamity is that goons turn into ninjas on being triggered.

I don't really care the details, particularly because we can never know them while the game is ongoing. I just think it would be incredibly unbalanced if we suddenly had at least 4 town trackers whose results are not being fucked with in some way. So I doubt the pro-town effectiveness of slaughtering a puppy, when CLAP is most likely town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: kmd

Everyone keeps mentioning how kmd is the most suspicious of the claimed trackers, yet he isn't getting votes. Reminds me a lot of Auro.

Blair's observation about kmd's position on CLAP works for me.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, is UT always this salty about everything? It feels manufactured.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:12 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2556, xRECKONERx wrote:lmfao how is your revelation like 10 paragraphs and mine is like one half sentence
It's not the size of one's revelation that matters, Reck. All in how you use it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 2562, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: kmd

Everyone keeps mentioning how kmd is the most suspicious of the claimed trackers, yet he isn't getting votes. Reminds me a lot of Auro.

Blair's observation about kmd's position on CLAP works for me.
Your position is the same as mine.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Green Crayons »

:(

I know.

UNVOTE:

I suppose I'll do what I've been putting off; actually rereading.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2563, Green Crayons wrote:Also, is UT always this salty about everything? It feels manufactured.
This isn't a terrible point, actually.

On puppy, I do think he's town. I guess we need to decide if wasting a misyeet is worth it to stop the madness. We're all just WIFOMing the setup at this point. I am open to taking that chance, but also would be fine with a Blair, kmd or UT yeet in that order.
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

If you're committed to misyeeting, I'm just a VT so feel free.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

it is blowing my fucking mind right now that anyone is saying "let's just let this army of trackers be completely useless"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2569, Untrod Tripod wrote:it is blowing my fucking mind right now that anyone is saying "let's just let this army of trackers be completely useless"
Well yeah, I agree with that. You have to admit though, there is a potential risk, regardless of what you think puppy's alignment is.

And it's even harder if you're asking people who think he is town to just policy yeet him for *fingers crossed*
YOUR AD HERE

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2570, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2569, Untrod Tripod wrote:it is blowing my fucking mind right now that anyone is saying "let's just let this army of trackers be completely useless"
Well yeah, I agree with that. You have to admit though, there is a potential risk, regardless of what you think puppy's alignment is.

And it's even harder if you're asking people who think he is town to just policy yeet him for *fingers crossed*
and you just not bothered at all by the behavior around the four separate installments of claiming this information?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

UT, why would puppy as scum claim that the random NKs end if puppy dies after finding out we all want to know if there's a way out?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I don't know, kmd, I think a better question would be why would town try to out all of the information roles?

I don't think CLAP thinks that they'll get yeeted. Additionally I do think that they were genuinely surprised that people didn't want random nightkills. Also the fact that the information has come out piecemeal after seeing how people reacted to every previous piece of information looks extremely sketchy to me. If I'm town with that role as claimed, I claim it in my first post. If I'm scum with that role.... I might do it the way that it was done. For me, so much of the behavior around the claim screams scum to me and I'm having a really hard time shaking that fact. I know I was talking about the fact earlier in the game that town doesn't always play optimally, but sometimes people do things that benefit scum because... they're scum.

Like, regardless of their alignment do you disagree that it's a net positive for town for the trackers to be able to catch scum? What do you think the benefit is of leaving that role up?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Untrod Tripod wrote: I don't know, kmd
Yeah me neither.
Untrod Tripod wrote: What do you think the benefit is of leaving that role up?
I believe puppy to be town. If we eliminate someone else they could be scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”