Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Why would scum go out of their way to correct that?
Unless you think that's something they would have brought up in the scum PT, which I just disagree with you on.
I just don't see scum playeres correcting scum buddies who make mistakes in thread inside their PTs, unless the mistake hurts the team overall.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 2436, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 2348, Lady 6 wrote:you know

I feel like that makes G9 just town now

I don't really see that being faked in any world
In post 2351, Lady 6 wrote:L3/G9 is my new preferred end game pairing.

100% serious
I completely agree. I'm not 100% pre-ordercommitted to them being the endgame pair, but I'm confident they're both town.
Nope
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

Unless me and Misty are playing 5d chess while everyone else plays checkers when they roll scum.
But idk I am not an exceptional scum player in that regard.
“I am who I am now because of everything that’s happened. If I try to deny my past, I’m denying the person I’ve become.”

"The number 7 shirt is an honor and a responsibility. I hope it brings me a lot of luck." C. Ronaldo"
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

It's literally just a mistake from not reading the setup
I don't think it's AI at all
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 2446, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2444, Gentleman 1 wrote:despite the early lack of tangible content I definitely feel like L5 is town, and I think I can understand why they weren't really feeling it earlier, it can be difficult to produce effort out of nowhere
Request 14 Dayvig shots
I take it you agree? Honestly I would not be opposed to a plan like that minus the fact it would make that pair a prime target during intermission. I'm the one who played russian roulette with 5 of the six barrels loaded, you know
It’s amazing! These amazing fireworks surely befit the beginning of the end!
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2453, Lady 4 wrote:It's literally just a mistake from not reading the setup
I don't think it's AI at all
Mistakes like that can be town, I just don't see why it would be brought up in the scum PT.
Especially given how meaningless and minor the mistake is.

I feel like we are just bashing on Seal right now given she corrected her self and said she got excited lol.

Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

I think it was probably jumping the gun calling Gent 9 an endgame pair for that.

But at the same time I sort of want to forgive his sins for some of his pushes I didn't understand
In post 2349, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 2232, Lady 5 wrote:Okay L8 I think I’m ready to talk to you please hit me up next time you’re around!
hi!!

Gent 9, you crazy. It felt like you were flailing against Lady Seal 6 in , and also started flailing against my man by accusing him out of the blue in and . Yesterday you had us at the top but today you dropped us because you think he's attacking you in bad faith and townread me too quickly. :I

But! Apparently you misunderstood the setup though. Am i understanding this right that is what caused you to suspect Gent 3 and Gent 5? Or am i misunderstanding
But like, I don't really know if that absolves how his playstyle today has been coming off as somewhat flail-y/accuse-y to me.

His suspicion towards Seal Lady 6 / Gent 3 seemed to be rooted in that misunderstanding, so I think I forgive that
In post 2223, Gentleman 9 wrote:The fact that you are just blanketing over seems incredibly disengenuous.
VOTE: L6-g3
Even if I have 0 idea what this means.
In post 2222, Gentleman 9 wrote:
In post 2198, Lady 6 wrote:His insistence that G3 is scummy for being unhappy that his town reads weren't pairing with his town reads is... a logical argument I do not follow. I also didn't really think his attack on Gentleman 5 earlier in the game was very believable. Like I don't think it takes a lot of legwork to understand why G5 might've thought L8 was someone he could A. sort well, B. get along with, C. have some doubts about, and D. value that criteria enough to make a proposal when he did
This game is not standard mafia in which pairing matters a whole ton compared. Understanding why 5 would want to pair with 8 is critical. And I think G3 is a good player to understand the nuance of town scum matches are not necessarily bad, but he's lumping them all trivially in the same bucket
Eeeeeeeee the misunderstanding explains why he hounded Gent 5 and Gent 3. Which I wasn't really liking much. I don't know, I suppose it's a net positive for him but I'm unsure who my favourite elim would be instead.
Beauty fades. That is why it is beautiful.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 2450, Lady 7 wrote:Why would scum go out of their way to correct that?
Unless you think that's something they would have brought up in the scum PT, which I just disagree with you on.
I just don't see scum playeres correcting scum buddies who make mistakes in thread inside their PTs, unless the mistake hurts the team overall.
That's a good point. They wouldn't go out of their way to correct it unless it was a PT convo. And regarding whether or not it'd be brought up in the PT..

The misunderstanding as I'm.. understanding it is as such: "I thought only one pair could be eliminated in each vote phase, so I thought leaving was the main mechanism of catching mafia."

Is there something scum would discuss sometime during the game in private where he would have the opportunity to show he has this misunderstanding. I kinda.. don't know. It doesn't change a lot of conversations, people still get eliminated, there's still two dances, he gets all of that right. He'd have to go out of his way to say to mention there's only one elimination. Don't know how likely it'd be

And then he might not even get corrected, either by scum not noticing or not caring. I seriously doubt Gent 7 would have been around much to talk, so depends on the other player. Maybe they would notice/care to, maybe not
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

I mean I am with you in the sense I can justify forgiving Pegasus' posts.
But that's all I can do, it hasn't been getting strong enough for me to go out the other end and call him town for it.

It's just like I am growing complacent thinking I could be wrong but I don't have a reason to think he is town yet, I guess.
I am waiting for the G6.Anime catch up now since he was my other scum read I've been waiting on.

Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 2424, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 2286, Gentleman 4 wrote:Hm that is true that I was interested in L2 early on too. I think this was the same reason for you that I was getting gut town vibes. I would say I was preferring both of you equally until you went with G3.
Why did you ask that question? Do you think there's a reason scum me chooses L2 over you?
This doesn't make sense, which happened first, why does it sound like both could hae been first the way you say this

I know people have been suspecting G4, I think I might see why
Why? I guess it was first L6 and then L2, but the interest was there for both of them pretty early.
In post 2434, Lady 3 wrote:G4tennis are you this dispassionate in all your games
Am I even allowed to answer this?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2452, Lady 7 wrote:Unless me and Misty are playing 5d chess while everyone else plays checkers when they roll scum.
I want to link some game's scum PTs but maybe it's not good for main identity to point out I was familiar with those game but I think there is some serious checkers meta onsite

I also like to be humble and think it's not a difference of sophistication but rather that I have the necessary sadism to watch my partners being wrong and not help them and most players have like a more compassionate empathetic approach to playing something that's supposed to be a casual social game
The enemy's low! Get 'em Starmie!
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 2459, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 2434, Lady 3 wrote:G4tennis are you this dispassionate in all your games
Am I even allowed to answer this?
Iam almost this passionate in almost all of my games

You can answer and if not we can get force replaced together

then queue together for something if you're town i want to take that mulligan reading you for town
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2460, Lady 3 wrote:
In post 2452, Lady 7 wrote:Unless me and Misty are playing 5d chess while everyone else plays checkers when they roll scum.
I want to link some game's scum PTs but maybe it's not good for main identity to point out I was familiar with those game but I think there is some serious checkers meta onsite

I also like to be humble and think it's not a difference of sophistication but rather that I have the necessary sadism to watch my partners being wrong and not help them and most players have like a more compassionate empathetic approach to playing something that's supposed to be a casual social game
I am supposed to be playing this game casually?

Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2456, Lady 8 wrote:I think it was probably jumping the gun calling Gent 9 an endgame pair for that.
indeed!
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 2301, Lady 7 wrote:Meanwhile G3 already has figured out my credit card information and is forging my passport as we speak.
Gent 3, do you think you have a decent idea of who I am?

This is mostly because I'm curious but I also want to know if, in that case, did you know who I was before your scumread on me?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I only get super passionate when I'm under a lot of pressure. Let's just leave it at that.
I don't think I've been super disengaged this game though. It's fun!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2449, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2413, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 2409, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 2404, Lady 6 wrote:
In post 2399, Lady 4 wrote:I don't understand the case for G9!town
which part
The "towntell"
I guess it mostly hinges on whether you believe G9 would've been corrected on his misunderstanding of the setup by his teammates. Or if he would've read the setup closer as scum.

For me, I think it probably does a lot more than other people might because it helps me understand where he's coming from a lot better.
This doesn't hold water for me because it could easily just be scum who didn't read the setup and his teammates were too lazy to correct him or just missed his mistake
okay maybe it's not a town slip in that it 100% confirms him as town

but I would argue it's more likely for town to not read the setup / know the setup as well than scum. I mean that was basically the whole argument behind the G1 "town slip"
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 2455, Lady 7 wrote:I feel like we are just bashing on Seal right now given she corrected her self and said she got excited lol.
I think I still am not scum reading G9 here anymore, though I've reneged on the initial force of my read change.

It would be helpful if some people who are scum reading G9 resummarized what their issues are?
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

I like Gent 1's replacement, Nagito. I get the feeling he's trying his best to help solve the game.

I think given the information he had, he made a fair scumread on Lady 1, even though he had the timeframe off. Once I corrected him on the timeframe he agreed that there wasn't really an agenda like he thought there was.

Maybe as scum he doesn't try to push someone immediately without being certain he got the facts straight. Eh, it's not a lot. I liked Sans alright too though. It'd be quite handy if Nagito ends up being an obvious townie to match Lady 7

Chaos Gent 6 still unsure on. Soccer gent 4 same. Really wish Gent 9's "townslip" could have been an actual thing so he could've matched Lady 3 to make a great obvtown pair. I think had that been true, they would have made for possibly the very best endgame pair like Lady 6 jumped to believe
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2463, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 2456, Lady 8 wrote:I think it was probably jumping the gun calling Gent 9 an endgame pair for that.
indeed!
i realise this 'indeed!' may not be conveying the correct sentiment

i like gentleman 9 and lady 3, fwiw!

but lady 6 could very easily become the first professional basketball-playing seal because that was an incredible leap
The content of this post comes from a player who is most certainly aligned with the town and is
definitely, absolutely, 100% without question
not a vampire, warlock or werewolf.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

You present analysis of individual analyses and LOTS of questions, G4.tennis, but I don't have many memorable intense townreads or intense scumreads from you, especially if we exclude your own pairing for intuitive reasons.

and I am kind of suspecting this might be a characteristic of your towngame, but that doesn't make you town here; and I sure wish it wasn't, people are so much harder to read the less survivalistic they are at a baseline and the less fearful they are about presenting confidence about some bad takes that might be wrong.

idk i'm frustrated
Cause l2rosa is like l8ghost-light in adorbsaness
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I just want a T/T pair I'm not paranoid about :(
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

i just want someone to be scummy so I can have at least one scumread
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2471, Lady 6 wrote:I just want a T/T pair I'm not paranoid about :(
Given Nagito is clearly townier then me I am concerned you think I could be a wolf :(

Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 2472, Lady 8 wrote:i just want someone to be scummy so I can have at least one scumread
Do you ever play a game about lies and deception, but you struggle because you assume everyone acts out of good faith?
I feel you ghost, I feel you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”