Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 am

Post by clidd »

In post 520, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 510, clidd wrote:
In post 507, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 505, clidd wrote:
In post 503, Green Crayons wrote:Also, you throwing shade for me NOT reciprocating your tvt read from our 1v1 coincides with my suspicion of you for targeting me in the 1v1
Yes, if i think that the normal for town!you was agree and you disagree, I can see you as scum. That's how I work.
Is this too scummy to be scum?
No, the premise I'm using is to imagine what you would think/do as town.
Seems to me that you’re holding hostage your alignment reading of my slot based of whether I reciprocate your town read on me. If I reciprocate and call you town, then you’ll say I’m town. But if I dont play ball, and suggest you’re scum, then I don’t get called town.
I don't know how to explain it to you.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:54 am

Post by clidd »

In post 523, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 517, clidd wrote:Because she's thinking differently and I can't see how she thinks Dann is the best option in the context of his activity and other options. GC fits in the same world.

Do you think I am not trying to be critical of my own reads?
I don't know we just disagree and we can't really say which one of us is right until the post game. Feels like a weird way to attack the idea that we disagree rather then the points themselves being brought up.
I think that you're trolling in your reads.

If we're disagreeing like that, I don't think it's natural if everyone on this is town. That is my impression.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 am

Post by clidd »

An example of how my thinking works:

viewtopic.php?p=12043695#p12043695

Both scums had me as scumread and the remaining two towns had me as townread.

By imagining what kind of impressions each player would have on me, at that time, I concluded that anyone who had me as a scumread would be acting in bad faith and whoever had me as a townread would have reasons for that, which would reinforce the idea of ​​them being town.
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Cthylla »

I think Green Crayons is a demon for his readlist, will go into it when I'm free later
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm shocked, just shocked to hear that.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:01 am

Post by clidd »

In post 524, Green Crayons wrote:I don’t disagree with the second of those possibilities, but just because it’s possible in theory doesn’t mean it’s correct here. For example, maybe she has no experience with this game type. (Haya, care to share?)

As for the first point, it’s not a matter of does she really want to go to heaven or not. (I agree if she’s lying about it then she’s probably scum because no reason for town to lie. But there’s no way to ever figure out whether she’s lying.) the point is that she’s made her stand about what she does want to happen. That reduces her flexibility to change her position later on. That’s why I see it as more likely town.
Makes sense.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 527, clidd wrote:An example of how my thinking works:

viewtopic.php?p=12043695#p12043695

Both scums had me as scumread and the remaining two towns had me as townread.

By imagining what kind of impressions each player would have on me, at that time, I concluded that anyone who had me as a scumread would be acting in bad faith and whoever had me as a townread would have reasons for that, which would reinforce the idea of ​​them being town.
this looks like you have adopted the "if someone townreads me, they're town; if someone scumreads me, they;'re scum" mentality as if it's a good indicator of alignment rather than a knee-jerk bias everyone has, and you had the unfortunate (per the long term) experience of that actually panning out correct once and so you think it's a good guideline to follow
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

ugh and that probably means this is more likely a town perspective, unless if you've fabricated your adoption of this theory because of some actual game, which seems unlikely
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 am

Post by clidd »

It doesn't work always, but I try to work with what I have. It's part of my playstyle.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:06 am

Post by clidd »

And here I'm trying to see if makes sense for you to scumreading me or townread Hayasaka.

From what you said, makes sense for you to townread Hayasaka now, but it doesn't make sense for you to not townread me and maybe the intensity with which you think Hayasaka is town isn't normal.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:09 am

Post by clidd »

And it definitely doesn't make sense that you think about sending Dann to heaven with little current content from him.

It would be more normal if you waited for him to post before doing your conclusion.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:11 am

Post by clidd »

We didn't get a reaction from him on word being send to hell and flipping town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Nope. Dann has been open and provided clear insight in terms of his GC, Word, and Walter reads. Just because he's wrong doesn't mean he's scum. His playing is straightforward and clear to understand (just like Haya I might add).

I'd like more Dann posts to settle into a solid town read, but he's a good vote rn at the beginning of heaven phase.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Green Crayons »

i was going to wait for Dann to post, but since you bring up Norwegian's point:

it's a bad point. A reaction post to a flip is not going to be AI.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:14 am

Post by clidd »

But, again, this line of action doesn't make sense for scum!You, because it has no benefit whatsoever.

You trying to enter 1v1 with me is harmful to you, because I have more support than you. So the conclusion of the moment is that you are more likely town with different thoughts (which I haven't fully understood yet), than scum acting super sporadically out of what I would imagine scum!you would do.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 am

Post by clidd »

In post 537, Green Crayons wrote:Nope. Dann has been open and provided clear insight in terms of his GC, Word, and Walter reads. Just because he's wrong doesn't mean he's scum. His playing is straightforward and clear to understand (just like Haya I might add).

I'd like more Dann posts to settle into a solid town read, but he's a good vote rn at the beginning of heaven phase.
I agree that he had good pov about Word/you, but I don't see he as a solid townread.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 526, clidd wrote:I think that you're trolling in your reads.

If we're disagreeing like that, I don't think it's natural if everyone on this is town. That is my impression.
I mean my hesitation on the word lynch was warranted as we can see.
I feel like the general accepted idea this game is that everything is incredibly easy and while I think your paranoia throughout this exchange is making me think you are town.
That suddenly doesn't put any more weight into your reads nor does it change the fact that almost 50% of the living players aren't actually town.

I wouldn't say I think GC is town but I am certainly not resolved in saying he is scum or even leaning that way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

well i haven't called him a solid town read, so we're gravy
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:17 am

Post by clidd »

In post 538, Green Crayons wrote:i was going to wait for Dann to post, but since you bring up Norwegian's point:

It was a good point to me, I don't think I ever played with Town!Norwegian, so I'm kind of used to her scumgame.

But yes, I don't think I can show that as a good reason to anyone that he's town.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Hayasaka »

UNVOTE:

I don't town read Dannflor atm. I am not sure who I actually trust if you want me to be honest.
I feel like I am the only one who isn't incredibly scared of the fact that with 8 alive we are dealing with a scum team of 3?

Everyone feels rather relaxed in regards to that information which feels incredibly strange to me. Maybe GC's paranoia in regards to everything is giving me a level of warmth that is leaning towards a thought process similar to my own?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 538, Green Crayons wrote:i was going to wait for Dann to post, but since you bring up Norwegian's point:

Umm that’s not all i’m waiting for. Obviously he’d might reconsider some of his reads or make AI remarks. Voting to heavening a person that’s not even said anything yet is ??
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I didn't say it was all you're waiting for?

Voting for anyone = get reads and reactions

If Dann says something that warrants him not going to heaven, I do believe there's the unvote option
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 490, Green Crayons wrote:Hayasaka
Dannflor
Norwegian
Something about this top 3 pool to me just feels right and it's why I am reluctant to just throw GC under the bus.
Because these were the people I trusted to be town at the time of his post. Although I wouldn't say I have any confident reads at this moment in time.

I stand by Walter vote I made in the sense that I don't think 2 scum are ever off wagon with me.
And if I send a scum to heaven at the very least their is a huge question mark slot I will determine is town.

But without people being able to agree on that entire plan I don't see why I would push a singular read like that.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:25 am

Post by clidd »

In post 541, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 526, clidd wrote:I think that you're trolling in your reads.

I mean my hesitation on the word lynch was warranted as we can see.
I feel like the general accepted idea this game is that everything is incredibly easy and while I think your paranoia throughout this exchange is making me think you are town.
That suddenly doesn't put any more weight into your reads nor does it change the fact that almost 50% of the living players aren't actually town.

I wouldn't say I think GC is town but I am certainly not resolved in saying he is scum or even leaning that way.
Hum. I see.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:26 am

Post by clidd »

I think I'm trolling too.

I thought we were dealing with 2 scums (9p setup is 2 scum to me).

Return to “Completed Open Games”