Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 1224, Glitch wrote:
In post 989, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:You are using the "Norwee was pushed hard enough for scummates to want to save him" argument against Glitch and are pushing his lynch for it
I am 100% in favor of eliminating Nero but this is not an argument he ever made. This isn't even a misrep, this is a straight up lie, and I like the lal policy so I'll be okay supporting a MM elim now if the Nero wagon won't pick up enough traction to eliminate.

"lies" huh? :P

You aren't helping yourself by throwing stones at the guy defending you lol. And I think that scum would never be doing that, so town points for you.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 pm

In post 1205, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1201, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 1198, Nero Cain wrote:I think there's an intesting dynamic were Glitch doesn't want to join the MM wagon, Stan calls the MM wagon bad.
Are Glitch and Stan just scum thats defending bad town here?
Classy.

Are you going to ignore that I've been repeating that the Glitch wagon sucks?
????

If the Glitch wagon sucks so does your earlier vote and Stans vote on me since you are compacting part of my reasoning for wanting Glitch dead.

You are also arguing that if I think Glitch is scum (and I do!) his not wanting to vote you should have made my read on you switch wich is sorta :shifty:
Uh no, I didn't say that lol.
I said that your analysis excludes my defense of Glitch; in other words, your analysis is not taking a big element into account. Not sure where you're getting the blue part from.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:52 pm

In post 1249, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Nero do you agree that Glitch should claim their full role?
I know I'm not Nero, but I think it'd be appropriate here. I strongly doubt he's getting killed tonight anyway, so there is little point in withholding his hardclaim.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:56 pm

In post 1226, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1224, Glitch wrote:I genuinely believe Nero is scum because of the arguments I've presented so far, but I also understand that I may be SR'ing him so hard cause I'm just pissed that he is tunneling me so hard.
I don't get this. You're pissed at him "tunneling you" but you believe he is scum at the same time? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
VOTE: Glitch
Ehhh, scum focusing the pressure on a specific townie is a thing. I get what you're saying, but I think it's wrong.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:59 pm

In post 1253, superbowl9 wrote:Stanley’s always an option, or what about the neon striped profile person? They seem pretty off base so far
In post 1254, superbowl9 wrote:Yeah VOTE: fwesnid
I'm beginning to like you more. You keep pushing for game advancement, and even if you were faking it (which would be a pretty bold and good move from you), you're actually making the game advance all the time, which is good.

I don't know what to think about Fwnesid or whatever their name is, though. Looks more like a pure AFK lynch to me than an actual scum lynch.
Norweegian:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1303, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 1224, Glitch wrote:I genuinely believe Nero is scum because of the arguments I've presented so far, but I also understand that I may be SR'ing him so hard cause I'm just pissed that he is tunneling me so hard.
I don't get this. You're pissed at him "tunneling you" but you believe he is scum at the same time? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
Ehhh, scum focusing the pressure on a specific townie is a thing. I get what you're saying, but I think it's wrong.
That’s not the main issue here Though. Let’s say Nero is scum that’s pushing town!Glitch as Glitch pretends is the case, why would town!Glitch feel so much pressure and frustration at being scumread by who he believes is scum? Shouldn’t that be completely expected because scum do what they do? Why wouldn’t Glitch describe why Nero’s case on him is bad and scummy instead of talking about how "frustrating" it is for them to be scumread by scum?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 pm

In post 1305, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1303, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
That’s not the main issue here Though. Let’s say Nero is scum that’s pushing town!Glitch as Glitch pretends is the case, why would town!Glitch feel so much pressure and frustration at being scumread by who he believes is scum? Shouldn’t that be completely expected because scum do what they do? Why wouldn’t Glitch describe why Nero’s case on him is bad and scummy instead of talking about how "frustrating" it is for them to be scumread by scum?
I know people who stopped playing FM because the pressure in games was too high. Pressure is stressful, no matter who applies it.

I do agree that he should be more into the case refutation, though, but certainly not that his behavior "doesn't make any sense whatsoever".
Norweegian:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

norway, do you feel like you've been pushed a fair ammount today?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1307, Nero Cain wrote:norway, do you feel like you've been pushed a fair ammount today?
Not that much actually.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

*shrugz*
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why was that even a question?

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh MM is going on about this thing where he thinks you haven't been pushed much and then I said that I think you have been pushed a fair amount/talked about or whatever adjective you want to use. And then he was all like "GOTCHA!" so I was going to ask you how you felt you've been treated and rub it in his face if you yourself felt like you have. But you don't so oh well.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh i have been pushed alright, but by my standards this isn’t much. I’ve spent games where i’m shouted at for 3 days straight and stuff.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well, Glitch has been pushing us for like six days so...

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1301, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:I said that your analysis excludes my defense of Glitch; in other words, your analysis is not taking a big element into account.
ok. I really don't care that you are defending him. It doesn't change my views on him. So I guess you are just upset that I don't care about your defense. Glitch certainly doesn't give a shit about players defending me so I'm not seeing why it's important that I care about players defending him.
In post 815, Nero Cain wrote:I didn't like the case on him b/c I had felt like his town read on Pete was ridiculous and scum wouldn't say something so silly and attention-grabbing.
In post 52, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 39, Pickaxe Pete wrote:VOTE: RozyRoz

One balloon for you.
In post 42, Pickaxe Pete wrote:I see people.
Light townread on Pickaxe Pete because he actually tries to generate AI discussion and ignores the NAI stuff

but in hindsight maybe this was just a stupid joke? But wouldn't that be still kinda townie considering it would still be a ridiculous attention-grabbing post? Was there more to the case on him?
In post 971, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:If anything, according to your reasoning, it should make me more likely to be scum:
So I mean....if I'm already town reading you and I disliked that Glitch didn't vote you and try to move the game foreward I should have dropped my town read and scum read you? I don't think you understand some of what you are posting.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1275, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1239, Nero Cain wrote:y is Lapsa worth lynching over someone like ralph or pete or that wind guy?
Wind guy?
F
w
es
nid

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Glitch is still scum but he's not going to be lynched anytime soon thanks to his fake claim.

Don't like the Fwesnid wagon.

I especially don't like town looters vote on him in . In the post about he fence sits on him so it seemed a bit wierd he was voting him.

already talked about Lapsa. I'll vote him if I have to but eh...

Wasn't a fan of
In post 1117, SJReaver wrote:
In post 1101, Nero Cain wrote:kinda think SJR might be scum.
If you didn't know, grilled and buttered sunflower can be eaten whole. It's like corn on the cob.
I had called her scummy b/c I felt like she'd just been vanity voting the whole game (votes on 72 and nopowr, I know the 72 wagon is a thing now but she was voting it earlier) so I felt like it was a bit of a strange reaction.

In fairness I did like , but not that much. Who cares if Norway (and me to a lesser extent) wanted to lock him into a claim. (as I imigine thats what norway wanted.)

but the other thing was she seemed to resist the Glitch wagon for a good while and then quickly joined when he was close to getting lynched and that seemed out of character for her, IMO.

Stan is still scum for calling SB/Norway inteactions "forced AF" and not explaining why the MM wagon sucked.
In post 1146, stan1ey wrote:How am i meant to know that
Also he sounds stunned and off guard here. I mean a guy is calling me scum but hasn't even stopped to ponder who I was scum with.

VOTE: vote:stan1ey

72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 1156, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1154, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1139, 72offsuit wrote:Superbowl
Ikeepsiteflaking
Bell
Hiraki
A50
Is this your poe?
Well not poe, but your suspected scum-team?
Thought it might be fun to take a ping.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

would also PL MM.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1313, Nero Cain wrote:Well, Glitch has been pushing us for like six days so...
Oh i was talking ingame days. Not IRL days.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:44 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Would be ok with an Stan wagon, but most votes are still on Glitch and i’d like to keep up the pressure until Glitch responds/full claims.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Also of note, Glitch could have crumbed or hinted at the fact that his role wouldn’t activate until D4 to point out if precisely something like this were to happen, but they didn’t and that’s why i believe they are either faking PR or it’s a scum role.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

That’s definitely somwthing town should do if they have such an unique modifier.

- Bunno
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 1172, superbowl9 wrote:If theres 1 thing i hate it’s people bailing from a wagon for bs reasons. Finish your wagons properly ppl. Although im totally fine if we just move over to stanley.

72 why are you still scumreading me when you initially did so because you couldn’t understand what i said?
Superbowl = Scum case:

64 Can't really nail exactly, but this post's tone pings me. Just doesnt sound like its coming from a town perspective.
Who gives too hoots what is "correct" or not.

152 Why is anything more than LAMIST required in the early phase of day 1? If !townNBEE had any further reads as to why Bell
might be scum he would've outed them. Feels super forced and unnatural.

This post is enough for a kick on its own.

"I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw
Risk/reward of being that active this early in the game is not very favorable"

He is clearlly saying he doesnt think scum is likely to be active because it is high risk low reward.
Even if this is true, who says scum plays "optimally" 100% of the time?
Speaks to a scum-frame-of-mind too.

"Yes that's what I said. You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO??? We've been at each other's throats"

COMPLETELY misreads what I'm saying. Either intentionally misreads or simply doesnt care enough to try and decipher my intent.
Scummy either way.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:52 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 1194, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Spoiler: SJReaver wallpost
In post 953, SJReaver wrote:Someone was supposed to ask 'but Reaver, why did you vote for 72?'

Thank you for asking, I shall tell you!

From my perspective, they had a single disagreement with superbowl over something NAI, voted them, and then picked up on things superbowl said afterwards to paint them as suspicious. This looks a lot like someone slipping onto a wagon after an actual townie and trying to blend in.
In post 220, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 152, superbowl9 wrote:Do you have anything else on Bell besides that he's lamisting? Convince me i'm wrong :)
This comes from scum more often than it comes from town.
If anyone wants to wagon superbowl, I'm on it.
In post 221, 72offsuit wrote:Meh, if you want something done well, do it yourself.

UNVOTE: Bell
VOTE: Superbowl
^ said this after Stanley already voted for superbowl. In a later post added 'beat me to the punch' as though he didn't see the vote.
In post 640, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 452, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 440, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 346, superbowl9 wrote:I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw
Risk/reward of being that active this early in the game is not very favorable
There are 5 scum. You seriously think all 5 are going to be low/medium posters and just allow town to form a town-block. Yeah nah
Yes that's what I said. You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO??? We've been at each other's throats
There's no way someone with a town mindest would misinterpret what I meant.
Let me break it down.

1. You say "I don't see scum in this top 5/6 teir of the activity list btw"
2. I disagree. I say it's highly unlikely that all the top volume posters are town, on the premise alone that scum would not allow town to dictate the game's trajectory by mostly just lurking. If there are active town posters, scum will usually interject and derail unless there is TvT aggro.
3. You say "You think there's a town block in the top 5 LMAO?"
4. That is clearly not what I said.

More votes on superbowl required

Choo Choo Choo!
"There is no way someone with a town mindset..." gives me pings. One of the things I learned in my first game was that townies have vastly different mindsets and ways of looking at things. I've read through 72's previous games and he's typically the person with the unusual mindset.

While I'm at it, I think it's clear what superbowl meant. Superbowl sees the most active posters as 'at each others throats.' As he assumes they're townie, the idea that they'd form a town block and need to be derailed strikes him as funny.

Could he have worded that better? Yes. But it's not hard to suss out his meaning with a second of reflection. This suggests 72 either had already decided to find superbowl's post 'scummy' or that he's too cognitively occupied to parse the comment. I consider this a possible scum trait--as a townie, we try to get into the heads of others. Scum already know who is townie and who is a baddie, so they're attempting to fake it.

I was reading Offsuit's ISO and thinking that they had very little progression on Superbowl and yet was going full "more votes on him are required". This case is actually pretty strong, and if Offsuit is scum, Superbowl is probably cleared by his flip.

VOTE: 72offsuit

Probably a better lynch than Superbowl, since it has good odds of red flip AND cleans Superbowl if the red flip happens. I also think SJR would be cleaned for this very post, because there's no reason for scum!SJR to make such a case against a scum!Offsuit at the time the case was made.

Also, a Glitch lynch sucks. Look at the utter lack of resistance to his lynch (excluding me lol). The case against him isn't even strong. Unvote him, stop the madness.
His case is complete garbage, it doesnt even have a nice ribbon tied off to it to even disguise the garbage.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”