Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Egix96 »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Not Known 15

I don't get how this guy has made only eight posts in six days, while receiving practically no flak for it.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:11 am

Post by the worst »

I am the hammer, alighting the head of the nail. The nail has been pressed against the thing which I am striking the head of the nail in the direction of.

Idk maaannnn what did you think of nk15's scumcase on Sati? How did it vibe with your feelings? / Do you not think he believes it?
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Mundivore »

In post 284, the worst wrote:just for the jury: shelly has beat me as scum twice in like, the last month i think? so we are now engaged in a blood feud. just without the blood.
Bloodless blood feuds can be made bloody, you just need to arrange a meet-up.
In post 285, shellyc wrote:
Spoiler: quotewall
In post 209, the worst wrote:
In post 30, Mundivore wrote:secrets
assuming this is serious but banterous voting, I like Mundivore off pg1-2, slightly like redados and feel iffy about clarkbar.
Don't try shading me because I have the full indestructible town energy
In post 213, the worst wrote:
In post 35, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 7, Satisfaction wrote:Hello. My name is Satisfaction and I am town-aligned. Good luck and have fun.

@Clark I just finished reading Space. Tough break. Is there anything you wish you would have done differently in that game?

VOTE: Bluebell For Feryland!
That sounds a bit robotic/awkward to me. This is Satisfaction's first game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Does sound like it could be a noob scum, I'd be suspicious if it wasn't his first game.
I feel like I should have an opinion on this comment and the way they back down from it shortly after. But if I did I'd be pretending and I'm too cool to pretend. So let's just say this is an interesting callout and I don't think they're scum together.
"But if I did I'd be pretending" sounds self aware, +3 scumpoints
In post 215, the worst wrote:
In post 57, Bluebell wrote:Okay, catching up and starting. My apologies. And I still have to figure out an avatar. My townly pet rabbit had townista surgery and has needed a lot of townish care. So just getting to this right town, I mean right now. I guess I'll leave my affiliation a mystery. But it behooves me to say that Bluebell isn't such a silly name for Feryland. "Clarkbar" on the other hand... hmm.
VOTE: Clarkbar
This is so wholesome. Bluebell why did you pick Clark to vote here? It doesn't feel random
why are you prodding someone after their RANDOM voting stage vote
In post 218, the worst wrote:
In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:Putting out your reads at E-1 is something you can expect from scum(but also from town). However, they have
found
too many things there. At this point, it is likely scum trying to find things to make comments about nearly everyone.
What's worse is that all they have posting since leaving E-1 is posting fluff. Looks like scum being relieved from having been at E-1 and assuming their wagon breaks down.
VOTE: Satisfaction
This is scum.
Vote it out.
i'm pretty lukewarm on this read, but i think nk15 believes it
why do you think nk15 believes a super early E-1
In post 221, the worst wrote:
In post 211, ClarkBar wrote:Welcome TW, happy to be playing with you again.
you too my friend <3

quick lazy reads off read-up
town: {tw}
townread: {reda}
townlean: {mundi, sati, maybe nk15? i don't know help}
null: {egix, bbellz}
scumlean: {arthur, clark}

i'm p comfortable keeping my vote on arthur for the momentttttt
worsty despite shading clark (me) why do you never vote it? thats straight out weird
In post 272, the worst wrote:
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:I think I've seen two different people say that if one of us is scum, the other probably isn't (or maybe you, twice? I'd have to check).
If I haven't said this, I agree. I also think you're more likely both-town before both-scum.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:That said, I'm just as wary that it's town versus town. If so, would that make an elim between us less informative?
eh, eliminations are rarely good because they're informative.
they're good because they're on scum, or townies who were distracting enough that we'd need to kill them to elim scum.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:If I was under a hammer right now you wouldn't hear me screaming, "Get Arthur tomorrow after I flip town!"
i can see this. you're solving arthur.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:The post that started our whole beef could have just as easily been an eager Arthur wanting to contribute to a game that had just started, but not feeling very confident, as it could have been him trying to test the waters or draw suspicion towards me.
My entire response to this was "but how did his read on you develop?" but I think you're already searching for agendas so I don't really have anything of value to add. yeah. Arthur's trajectory reads fake but he's not overtly bleeding obvscum everywhere by any stretch. That said, I think there's a good deal of townier players in this plist which generally means a slot I *don't* townread is more likely to be scum (unless my reads suck).

this sets off bells, seems like you're trying to fill space up with words and generally flippantly pocketing satisfaction who i think is pretty townie so far
VOTE: the worst

DIE MAFIA SCUM!!

Ahhh, yes. It wouldn't be a shelly game without her tunneling the first person who criticized her on day 1 and then stopping at nothing to get that person 'limmed. Hello, shelly, welcome to Feryland.
In post 288, shellyc wrote: ok not quoting so thread looks less cluttered

tbh I kinda vibe with the fact that satis might be IIoA (info instead of analysis) since much of their content is prodding people and asking questions
but the readslist was pretty good
and willing to step back and realise satis-arthur may be TvT reads townie
so townlean on this slot
I'm not sure where I sit on Satisfaction. I'm going to be honest, I haven't been vibing with the way he's been acting since getting off of E-1. I don't think what he's doing is really IIoA... he's still generating additional content (whereas I usually think of IIoA being a regurgitation of already known facts) but it's also not doing much in the way of solving. I also don't like that he started acting like conftown after I backed off at E-1.

@the worst: I don't think shelly's crazy-aggressive, tunneling play is AI. I think that's just her playstyle, and we'll have to work around it. As things are, the slot feels null to me.

@shellyc: I don't know if I see the worst as scum here. He seems to be putting in pretty good effort to solve.

If you two just duke it out here, it's going to be hard to tell if it's TvT or not. So far it kind of just feels like a slapfight. There are definitely more interesting targets, IMO, and if you two just tunnel each other we could miss out on some dank analysis.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 299, shellyc wrote:
In post 296, the worst wrote:VOTE: shelly this is actually just shelly's scumgame again
I call omgus

were my walls and walls of quotes and catch up not townie enough?

Nope! Just blatant OMGUS from scumworst here, and obviously trying to get rid of rusty town!me. I can't believe it worsty, let me enjoy feryland instead of limbaiting me
This looks like a complaint coming from scum. "Why am I not townread for all that effort?" instead of attacking the reasons. In fact, I don't see a towny reason for saying this.
VOTE: Shelly
In post 226, ClarkBar wrote:I'm not in love with how I've used my vote this game.

I town lean Mundivore and Satisfaction. I'm less than impressed with Satisfaction's wagon, and I agree that it formed quickly enough that if Satisfaction is town then at least one scum would have found a cozy little spot on it.

Out of the three on the wagon I choose VOTE: ArthurConyl.
and if that flips scum(ClarkBar=Shelly) we can go for Satisfaction next because this is actually not that committed to satisfaction being town whilst still attacking people on it.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 am

Post by Mundivore »

In post 248, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 192, Mundivore wrote:
I have a question for town!Arthur. How much do you think your scum read on me is due to the effect of OMGUS—essentially, reading me as scum because I'm putting voting pressure on the one person you know is definitely town—and how much do you think can be attributed to external factors? Other than my vote on you, which you don't like, why do you think that I am scum?
Had to dig into the logs to find the question, so would be nice if you could quote the question next time.

I admit that you voting for me in that way was a big part of me scumreading you. I still feel like that's a reasonable view to have. You didn't even cite any reasons and naked voted. Later you asked Redados to explain his reasoning for voting me, even though you're the one who should've had that reasoning first. Barring your vote, I also felt that your play throughout had been fluffy and inactive. Until the post where I scumread you, you had no real content to read off.

In response to the wagon analysis btw, I do somewhat agree that one guy on the wagon could be scum. However I think you're overreading it. There are 9 guys here and only 3 on the wagon. Aren't the odds more against a scum on the wagon that for?
Also the scum team analysis. It looks a lot like trying to second-guess the scum and I don't see any value in it right now.
Sorry, Arthur, I missed this in the excitement of the last few days.

There were four people on that Satisfaction wagon, and the wagon formed very quickly. Odds are absolutely in favor of there being at least one scum among myself, you, Egix, and NK.

Do you have any comment on the shelly v. the worst 1v1?
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Mundivore »

because I've got to say that Arthur is still my favorite scumread. My vibe right now is 'scum taking advantage of new chaos waiting for the air around them to clear before taking any new actions.' Very low activity over the last day or two.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 351, the worst wrote:Idk maaannnn what did you think of nk15's scumcase on Sati? How did it vibe with your feelings? / Do you not think he believes it?
At the time, I thought it a good thing that he was voting with me, but tbh I didn't really pay much mind to apart from that.

Looking at it now though...
In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:Putting out your reads at E-1 is something you can expect from scum(but also from town). However, they have found too many things there. At this point, it is likely scum trying to find things to make comments about nearly everyone.
I can kinda agree with this. On the other hand, though...
In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:What's worse is that all they have posting since leaving E-1 is posting fluff. Looks like scum being relieved from having been at E-1 and assuming their wagon breaks down.
I disagree, why would scum post fluff in that situation? If scum are let off E-1, they'll usually take it as a sign that they're no longer going to be yeeted, at least not for the time being. So I would think that they would resume posting actual content since they no longer have a reason to be in anti-spew mode.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 352, Mundivore wrote:@the worst: I don't think shelly's crazy-aggressive, tunneling play is AI. I think that's just her playstyle, and we'll have to work around it. As things are, the slot feels null to me.

@shellyc: I don't know if I see the worst as scum here. He seems to be putting in pretty good effort to solve.

If you two just duke it out here, it's going to be hard to tell if it's TvT or not. So far it kind of just feels like a slapfight. There are definitely more interesting targets, IMO, and if you two just tunnel each other we could miss out on some dank analysis.
Idk, this whole section feels... off? Pockety? Middleman-ish? The usage of the word "dank" in particular gives it a very "hey fellow kids" sort of vibe.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-9

You see more and more signs of habitation the further you walk. sunken huts are replaced by cottages under trees, or in trees or cottage-trees. It's not easy to tell. Occasionally you hear peals of silvery laughter nearby, with no sight of the they who laugh. The laughter doesn't sound threatening or evil, but still you are uneasy.

shellyc
(2): the worst, Not Known 15
Bluebell
(1): Satisfaction
Satisfaction
(1): ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
(1): Mundivore
Egix96
(1): Bluebell
the worst
(1): shellyc
Not Known 15
(1): Egix96

Not Voting
(1): Redados

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: September 30, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Revised Countdown: (expired on 2020-09-29 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

ArthurConyl has been prodded.
- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Mundivore »

In post 357, Egix96 wrote:
In post 352, Mundivore wrote:@the worst: I don't think shelly's crazy-aggressive, tunneling play is AI. I think that's just her playstyle, and we'll have to work around it. As things are, the slot feels null to me.

Idk, this whole section feels... off? Pockety? Middleman-ish? The usage of the word "dank" in particular gives it a very "hey fellow kids" sort of vibe.
Hello, fellow town!
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

I feel ignored.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Bluebell »

Some #230 logic no longer sticks and so I switch
my pick
from Egix96.
UNVOTE: Egix96

Departure for Arthur.
VOTE: Arthur
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 352, Mundivore wrote:@shellyc: I don't know if I see the worst as scum here. He seems to be putting in pretty good effort to solve.
I read a scum!worst game yesterday, he's very good as scum and likes the alignment more

that being said im going to switch my vote to more useful places soon

bluebell voteswitch is interesting, can you elaborate?
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 353, Not Known 15 wrote:This looks like a complaint coming from scum. "Why am I not townread for all that effort?" instead of attacking the reasons. In fact, I don't see a towny reason for saying this.
you have to know that im overdefensive of myself as either alignment and play worse under pressure

Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

Not Known 15 wrote:I feel ignored.
Im sorry you feel that way. I suggest addressing people directly if you have information you want from them. My mental image of you in this game is somebody sitting in a corner mostly silent.

Even now I don’t know what you want. It feels like you’re pouting. If you’re looking for a reaction to your shelly vote, I think it’s weak and I don’t see how it helps us.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 360, Not Known 15 wrote:I feel ignored.
tbh this after mundivore's post is a bit LAMIST-y

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by shellyc »

it means that nk15 feels they are ignored because mundivore thinks me + worst are town

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by shellyc »

arthur is scummy but we shouldnt do CLATS (confirmed lurker and therefore scum)
lurkers get replaced

satis whats your read on noraaworst

Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

TW has agreed with everything I’ve said since he replaced in and he townreads me right off the bat. That makes me nervous. I’m looking forward to some constructive disagreement.

Mundivore’s assessment of Noraa’s playstyle is interesting to me. Either they didn’t see the things I saw in Doggos, we just have a disagreement about her, or... I’ve been kicking around the thought that maybe Mundivore is supporting the squeaky clean naive town image that Noraa cultivates. Is Mundivore-Noraa/TW a viable team? I haven’t looked into it closely yet.

That said, Mundivore was one of my earliest town leans and I generally have been sorting your slot and theirs as town throughout the game. If Mundivore is scum they aren’t doing the kinds of things that raise my eyebrows.

I think the most likely scenario is that Noraa’s freakout and subsequent departure was that of a bored townie.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Satisfaction »

Also, you have a bit of a unique, recent insight into scum!noraa so I’m interested if that impacts your reads on TW right now? She did depart pretty early on.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

yay you read games!

also repping out of boredom bans you from joining the queue

I like mundivore for town, but @mundivore do you have any offsite scumgames or anything?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by shellyc »

Noraa's very fence-sitty which is kinda a red flag since they were super fence sitting in their first scumgame 2027

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by shellyc »

their ISO is pretty much all fluff no stuff, only a scumread on arthur and not much explanation for it

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 357, Egix96 wrote:

That post actually really struck me as a "set on fire if shelly is actually town" post but I still just think I'd rather kill shelly.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 358, fferyllt wrote:
shellyc
(2): the worst, Not Known 15
Bluebell
(1): Satisfaction
Satisfaction
(1): ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
(1): Mundivore
Egix96
(1): Bluebell
the worst
(1): shellyc
Not Known 15
(1): Egix96

Not Voting
(1): Redados
Red, how would you feel about voting Mundivore? I'll then vote you. For the art.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”