Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-8

The forest feels strangely empty of life. The Sun, which seemed almost to break through the forest canopy at first, as you've walked further, has grown dim and at times invisible, though light still streams softly from somewhere. Occasionally you pass a structure. A circle of stones. A ramshackle hut sinking into the ground. Even a fantastical bridge or pavilion on a lake.

Satisfaction
(3): Egix96, ArthurConyl, Not Known 15
Bluebell
(2): Satisfaction, the worst
ArthurConyl
(2): Mundivore, ClarkBar
Egix96
(1): Bluebell

Not Voting
(1): Redados

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: September 29, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Revised Countdown: (expired on 2020-09-29 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by the worst »

pagetop

pedit: :(
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

ClarkBar has requested replacement. Searching...

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by fferyllt »

shellyc replaces ClarkBar. Please welcome her!

I'll add one day to the countdown timer for catchup purposes.

Idic
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by the worst »

SHELLY
STOP
REPLACING
INTO
SCUM
SLOTS

hello btw are you town this time?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by shellyc »

hi everyone im probably the most inexperienced SE ever

repped in because i wanted to have a fun time in feryland + plist looks pretty cool

i now hate this mod because they broke my streak of rolling scum

Fun Fact: all bar one of my games have been scum games

I'll get to reading after I get some coffee
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by shellyc »

quack

yes i am town

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 279, the worst wrote:SHELLY
STOP
REPLACING
INTO
SCUM
SLOTS
Look
At
Me
I am
So
Town

convinced?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by the worst »

i am so upset
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by the worst »

just for the jury: shelly has beat me as scum twice in like, the last month i think? so we are now engaged in a blood feud. just without the blood.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 209, the worst wrote:
In post 30, Mundivore wrote:secrets
assuming this is serious but banterous voting, I like Mundivore off pg1-2, slightly like redados and feel iffy about clarkbar.
Don't try shading me because I have the full indestructible town energy
In post 213, the worst wrote:
In post 35, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 7, Satisfaction wrote:Hello. My name is Satisfaction and I am town-aligned. Good luck and have fun.

@Clark I just finished reading Space. Tough break. Is there anything you wish you would have done differently in that game?

VOTE: Bluebell For Feryland!
That sounds a bit robotic/awkward to me. This is Satisfaction's first game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Does sound like it could be a noob scum, I'd be suspicious if it wasn't his first game.
I feel like I should have an opinion on this comment and the way they back down from it shortly after. But if I did I'd be pretending and I'm too cool to pretend. So let's just say this is an interesting callout and I don't think they're scum together.
"But if I did I'd be pretending" sounds self aware, +3 scumpoints
In post 215, the worst wrote:
In post 57, Bluebell wrote:Okay, catching up and starting. My apologies. And I still have to figure out an avatar. My townly pet rabbit had townista surgery and has needed a lot of townish care. So just getting to this right town, I mean right now. I guess I'll leave my affiliation a mystery. But it behooves me to say that Bluebell isn't such a silly name for Feryland. "Clarkbar" on the other hand... hmm.
VOTE: Clarkbar
This is so wholesome. Bluebell why did you pick Clark to vote here? It doesn't feel random
why are you prodding someone after their RANDOM voting stage vote
In post 218, the worst wrote:
In post 163, Not Known 15 wrote:Putting out your reads at E-1 is something you can expect from scum(but also from town). However, they have
found
too many things there. At this point, it is likely scum trying to find things to make comments about nearly everyone.
What's worse is that all they have posting since leaving E-1 is posting fluff. Looks like scum being relieved from having been at E-1 and assuming their wagon breaks down.
VOTE: Satisfaction
This is scum.
Vote it out.
i'm pretty lukewarm on this read, but i think nk15 believes it
why do you think nk15 believes a super early E-1
In post 221, the worst wrote:
In post 211, ClarkBar wrote:Welcome TW, happy to be playing with you again.
you too my friend <3

quick lazy reads off read-up
town: {tw}
townread: {reda}
townlean: {mundi, sati, maybe nk15? i don't know help}
null: {egix, bbellz}
scumlean: {arthur, clark}

i'm p comfortable keeping my vote on arthur for the momentttttt
worsty despite shading clark (me) why do you never vote it? thats straight out weird
In post 272, the worst wrote:
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:I think I've seen two different people say that if one of us is scum, the other probably isn't (or maybe you, twice? I'd have to check).
If I haven't said this, I agree. I also think you're more likely both-town before both-scum.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:That said, I'm just as wary that it's town versus town. If so, would that make an elim between us less informative?
eh, eliminations are rarely good because they're informative.
they're good because they're on scum, or townies who were distracting enough that we'd need to kill them to elim scum.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:If I was under a hammer right now you wouldn't hear me screaming, "Get Arthur tomorrow after I flip town!"
i can see this. you're solving arthur.
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:The post that started our whole beef could have just as easily been an eager Arthur wanting to contribute to a game that had just started, but not feeling very confident, as it could have been him trying to test the waters or draw suspicion towards me.
My entire response to this was "but how did his read on you develop?" but I think you're already searching for agendas so I don't really have anything of value to add. yeah. Arthur's trajectory reads fake but he's not overtly bleeding obvscum everywhere by any stretch. That said, I think there's a good deal of townier players in this plist which generally means a slot I *don't* townread is more likely to be scum (unless my reads suck).
this sets off bells, seems like you're trying to fill space up with words and generally flippantly pocketing satisfaction who i think is pretty townie so far
VOTE: the worst

DIE MAFIA SCUM!!

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by shellyc »

ftr noraa's play looks pretty similar to their play in newbie 2027 + 2028 so I have a super SR on that slot, a super TR on satisfaction
and maybe a townlean on redados

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 7, Satisfaction wrote:Hello. My name is Satisfaction and I am town-aligned. Good luck and have fun.

@Clark I just finished reading Space. Tough break. Is there anything you wish you would have done differently in that game?

That sounds a bit robotic/awkward to me. This is Satisfaction's first game, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Does sound like it could be a noob scum, I'd be suspicious if it wasn't his first game.
good trying to produce content and get us out of RVS
In post 73, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 71, Satisfaction wrote:VOTE: ArthurConyl It feels like you were fishing for support and then quickly backed down. Why post #35 and #37 at all if you are, as you said, 1) not suspicious and 2) giving me the benefit of the doubt?

Egix96, I'd like to hear what you think about what I am seeing as a backpedal by Arthur.
I think you are perhaps overreading things. What makes you think I was fishing for support? Even you agreed that would be very weak. I also explained that I was trying to generate discussion and clearly stated in my original post that it was probably NAI. If anything, it feels more like you're trying to start a wagon on me for arbitary reasons.
FoS Satisfaction
good making early read but this is like 99% TvT?
In post 93, ArthurConyl wrote:Hooold up there,
@Not Known 15.

You've probably just done the scummiest thing yet in this game. Please explain why I shouldn't transfer my vote to you. You put Satisfaction at E-1 and not even a reason? You're practically begging to be scumread.
that e-1 is probably TSTBS
In post 180, ArthurConyl wrote:Reread Part 2:
Noraa:
Ok, so at the start Noraa was kinda sitting on the fence. Not really saying much either way. Then he starts saying I'm scummy and later votes me in post #105. Really he only gives one reason-post:
Spoiler:
In post 94, Noraa wrote:
In post 93, ArthurConyl wrote:Hooold up there,
@Not Known 15.

You've probably just done the scummiest thing yet in this game. Please explain why I shouldn't transfer my vote to you. You put Satisfaction at E-1 and not even a reason? You're practically begging to be scumread.
I agree but u don't seem much less scummy tbh. At this point in time it just seems like ur trying really hard to start all the wagons so you can make sure ur partner and u r safe

I read my own ISO at this point to see if I was starting "all the wagons." Uh no. The only guy I focused on from the start was Satisfaction. Never started any other wagons. You can read my ISO if you want. So I feel like Noraa's one reason for voting me is quite weak.

I'm leaning scum on Noraa, but less scummy than Mundivore. Either that or he's not a very pro-town player.
yay someone is vibing with my noraaworst scumread
In post 182, ArthurConyl wrote:Part 4?
Redados:
Overall, I'm leaning town on Redados. His reads and analysis are reasonable, even if he has the inverse of my reads. Btw I hate meta :yawn:
One thing I would like to ask you. In post #129 you said Mundivore was town. Would like to hear some reasons please.

Satisfaction:
Best for last? XD
Spoiler:
In post 98, Satisfaction wrote:On the off chance that a wild hammer slips in and I don't get the chance to share, here are all of my notes as of right now:

Noraa (Neutral-town feels. Buddying me or teamwork?)
36: Defends me / dismisses suspicion. Reasonable, townish.
92: Presses Not Known when he votes for me with no comment. Townish, hunting.

Mundivore (low participation)
52: Says what I was thinking re: Arthur suspicion. Pings town, but could be mafia pulling a string.

Bluebell --- no substantive contribution by page 3 (but came in late)
84: she's rhyming, which is fun, but not contributing on page 4

Redados (town or smart scum)
44: "practically everything in RVS is NAI" -- agreed
50: presses Mundivore to weigh in on my intro (hunting or performative towniness)
63: direct, succinct answer to my weak probe. No attitude or defensiveness. Pings town.

ArthurConyl (no read, might be noob scum)
35: Weakly agrees with Egix's weak push on me.
40: Backs down quickly when challenged by Noraa. Testing waters or changing mind?
78: Tries to defend himself. Maybe flustered, maybe floundering to cover backpedal. Read meta.
93: Reacts to Not Known's silent E-1 vote on me. Says he is "begging to be scumread." Does not remove his own vote, leaves me at E-1. Pings scum.

Egix96 (SE) (lurking)
33: First non RVS comment of the game + vote. Page 2. Makes weak poke at me. Hunting?
81: Confirms that his initial vote was supposedly serious. Dismisses backpedaling theory in support of Arthur. Mildly pings scum. Read meta.

ClarkBar (SE) --- no substantive contribution by page 4 (working over the weekend)

Not Known 15 (SE) (mild town, need more)
54: Goes out of his way to weigh in on my intro issue without being pressed directly. Pings town.
90: Votes for me based on Artur's pushback. Only quotes, no comment. I think this is town applying pressure. Buuuut claims to not know the vote count. That seems cavalier but not necessarily scummy.

Actually I do like this post. I would read you town for it. But it feels like you're trying hard to say everything and nothing at the same time. The section about me, fair. I do have a big problem with you not acknowledging my post #73:
Spoiler:
In post 73, ArthurConyl wrote:
In post 71, Satisfaction wrote:VOTE: ArthurConyl It feels like you were fishing for support and then quickly backed down. Why post #35 and #37 at all if you are, as you said, 1) not suspicious and 2) giving me the benefit of the doubt?

Egix96, I'd like to hear what you think about what I am seeing as a backpedal by Arthur.
I think you are perhaps overreading things. What makes you think I was fishing for support? Even you agreed that would be very weak. I also explained that I was trying to generate discussion and clearly stated in my original post that it was probably NAI. If anything, it feels more like you're trying to start a wagon on me for arbitary reasons.
FoS Satisfaction

In both your posts, #91 and #98, you should have addressed it. In #91 you stated that I was lying. This is very much what I would expect scum to do. I would expect town to keep pushing and prodding, asking me why I do this and that. Instead you just stop and say "you're lying." If you had more solid reasons for scumreading me I wouldn't be scumreading you so much.

Satisfaction I still find to be moderately scummy. If you can back up your vote on me, I'll take my vote off you.
weird how arthur claims to move *off* satis after they make a case on them = perspective slip of town!satis scum!arthur or am I reading too much into things
now time to reread satis, I have a gut tr on them because of OP stating they're town

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 60, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 52, Mundivore wrote:Personally, I find this post is more AI to Arthur than it is Satisfaction. Maybe feels like fishing for an easy wagon. Very weak though. Measuring scummieness versus townieness on a scale from -100 to 100, I'd say I currently put Arthur at -2.
Mundivore, does it make you feel any particular way about Egix96? If so, more or less of an indication than from Arthur?
In post 62, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 50, Redados wrote:

Mundivore, what are your thoughts on this?
Redados, why did you ask Mundivore for input but not Bluebell or Not Known 15 who also hadn't weighed in?

In post 98, Satisfaction wrote:On the off chance that a wild hammer slips in and I don't get the chance to share, here are all of my notes as of right now:

Noraa (Neutral-town feels. Buddying me or teamwork?)
36: Defends me / dismisses suspicion. Reasonable, townish.
92: Presses Not Known when he votes for me with no comment. Townish, hunting.

Mundivore (low participation)
52: Says what I was thinking re: Arthur suspicion. Pings town, but could be mafia pulling a string.

Bluebell --- no substantive contribution by page 3 (but came in late)
84: she's rhyming, which is fun, but not contributing on page 4

Redados (town or smart scum)
44: "practically everything in RVS is NAI" -- agreed
50: presses Mundivore to weigh in on my intro (hunting or performative towniness)
63: direct, succinct answer to my weak probe. No attitude or defensiveness. Pings town.

ArthurConyl (no read, might be noob scum)
35: Weakly agrees with Egix's weak push on me.
40: Backs down quickly when challenged by Noraa. Testing waters or changing mind?
78: Tries to defend himself. Maybe flustered, maybe floundering to cover backpedal. Read meta.
93: Reacts to Not Known's silent E-1 vote on me. Says he is "begging to be scumread." Does not remove his own vote, leaves me at E-1. Pings scum.

Egix96 (SE) (lurking)
33: First non RVS comment of the game + vote. Page 2. Makes weak poke at me. Hunting?
81: Confirms that his initial vote was supposedly serious. Dismisses backpedaling theory in support of Arthur. Mildly pings scum. Read meta.

ClarkBar (SE) --- no substantive contribution by page 4 (working over the weekend)

Not Known 15 (SE) (mild town, need more)
54: Goes out of his way to weigh in on my intro issue without being pressed directly. Pings town.
90: Votes for me based on Artur's pushback. Only quotes, no comment. I think this is town applying pressure. Buuuut claims to not know the vote count. That seems cavalier but not necessarily scummy.
In post 170, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 158, ArthurConyl wrote:Next game I plan to lie low and at least survive D1.
I’m not going to try to tell you how to play, but I recognize this feeling. Here is the way I see it: townies who win typically win while dead. Your (town) job isn’t to survive, it’s to die a meaningful death. To progress the game state. Buttoning up and being quiet does not help the town. Force people to get on the record. If somebody is going to mislynch you, make them talk about it.

I guess I did kind of tell you how to play. But I mean it more from the perspective of how I am trying to play. Votes on you don’t mean you’re doing something wrong. They don’t even really necessarily mean somebody thinks you are scum at this point in the game. It might not even be about you. All of that to say, don’t get discouraged. Get hunting. We need you.
ok not quoting so thread looks less cluttered

tbh I kinda vibe with the fact that satis might be IIoA (info instead of analysis) since much of their content is prodding people and asking questions
but the readslist was pretty good
and willing to step back and realise satis-arthur may be TvT reads townie
so townlean on this slot

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 285, shellyc wrote:"But if I did I'd be pretending" sounds self aware, +3 scumpoints
when have you ever not seen me self-aware? i'm one of the most prolific mafia addicts currently playing onsite, it would be disturbing if i wasn't self-aware.
In post 285, shellyc wrote:why are you prodding someone after their RANDOM voting stage vote
(as quoted) the vote didn't seem random. it was also a fair while after others' random votes. something about the timing of it felt like a ~decision~ to vote there rather than a whimsical rvs vote.
In post 285, shellyc wrote:worsty despite shading clark (me) why do you never vote it? thats straight out weird
it's a gut read. i'm waiting for you to do something scummy. like mount a bad-faith scumcase against someone who's obvtown... or something like that :shifty:
In post 285, shellyc wrote:this sets off bells, seems like you're trying to fill space up with words and generally flippantly pocketing satisfaction who i think is pretty townie so far
actually i was responding to arthur, who asked for a towncase on satisfaction. of the sati wagon i would not be surprised if we have scum in {arthur,egix} so i'm really interested to see how they will respond to actually being provided with a strong towncase.

i don't really care what sati thinks of me ngl

missed this one accidentally:
In post 285, shellyc wrote:why do you think nk15 believes a super early E-1
... did you read the post i quoted? :lol:
the only way I could describe that vote from NK15 is "righteous". I definitely think he feels like he's caught scum, even though I strongly disagree with his read.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by shellyc »

@Mod help me spoiler that big ugly quote wall if you can please

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by the worst »

but all of your posts are big ugly quote walls. i don't think the mod can spoiler all of your posts.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 289, the worst wrote:
In post 285, shellyc wrote:"But if I did I'd be pretending" sounds self aware, +3 scumpoints
when have you ever not seen me self-aware? i'm one of the most prolific mafia addicts currently playing onsite, it would be disturbing if i wasn't self-aware.
in 2023 you were open. flexible, spontaneous, i could see your posts made without a second thought
In post 285, shellyc wrote:why are you prodding someone after their RANDOM voting stage vote
(as quoted) the vote didn't seem random. it was also a fair while after others' random votes. something about the timing of it felt like a ~decision~ to vote there rather than a whimsical rvs vote.
uh ok but it's not your job to traffic cop fwiw
In post 285, shellyc wrote:worsty despite shading clark (me) why do you never vote it? thats straight out weird
it's a gut read. i'm waiting for you to do something scummy. like mount a bad-faith scumcase against someone who's obvtown... or something like that :shifty:
Town don't wait for people do to something, town is supposed to be *proactive*
In post 285, shellyc wrote:this sets off bells, seems like you're trying to fill space up with words and generally flippantly pocketing satisfaction who i think is pretty townie so far
actually i was responding to arthur, who asked for a towncase on satisfaction. of the sati wagon i would not be surprised if we have scum in {arthur,egix} so i'm really interested to see how they will respond to actually being provided with a strong towncase.

i don't really care what sati thinks of me ngl

"idrc about self image" sounds like a very forced townslip tbh

missed this one accidentally:
In post 285, shellyc wrote:why do you think nk15 believes a super early E-1
... did you read the post i quoted? :lol:
the only way I could describe that vote from NK15 is "righteous". I definitely think he feels like he's caught scum, even though I strongly disagree with his read.
okay can you elaborate on that then

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm kinda fine waiting for arthur to come back and reevaluate his read on sati now that someone has actually tried to explain a townread on him.
also happy to wait for blueb to develop her reads.

pedit: oh this is a juicy one
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 292, shellyc wrote:in 2023 you were open. flexible, spontaneous, i could see your posts made without a second thought
i am open, flexible and spontaneous when i want to be. i'm slowmoving, analytical and considered when i want to be. what makes you think spontaneity is a towntell?
In post 292, shellyc wrote:uh ok but it's not your job to traffic cop fwiw
i straight up don't care if you don't think i'm entitled to have a ~feeling~ about blueb's vote.
the vote didn't feel random
i'm gonna ask what she was thinking
In post 292, shellyc wrote:Town don't wait for people do to something, town is supposed to be *proactive*
sure, that's fine. i have 8 slots to sort in this game. clark isn't the centre of my universe, you aren't the centre of my universe. i'm gonna use my proactive energy where it feels well-spent. :]
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 292, shellyc wrote:"idrc about self image" sounds like a very forced townslip tbh
could you please circle back and respond to the lines above this comment which are actually game-related and AI?
In post 292, shellyc wrote:okay can you elaborate on that then
eh
your slot has less content than mine, let's make this more fun:

do you disagree?
if so, explain what you're seeing.
if not, explain why you want me to do this.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by the worst »

hmm
VOTE: shelly this is actually just shelly's scumgame again
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by shellyc »

another big ugly quote wall on redados
Spoiler:
In post 14, Redados wrote:VOTE: BlueBell

I am voting this way because I agree with everything that ClarkBar has posted so far, ever. I'm getting severe townpings from him.
STOP. POCKETING. END OF CONVO
In post 44, Redados wrote:

Hey, props to the guy being honest about his alignment in his first post!

I am personally of the opinion that practically everything in RVS is NAI. I feel like half of games have someone say something in RVS (whether it's ridiculous or innocuous), some people get in a tiff over it, then eventually everything calms down and it was NAI all along.
RVS IS NOT NAI and this is pretty much on game theory rather than solving so...
In post 49, Redados wrote:
In post 48, Noraa wrote:
In post 47, Redados wrote:VOTE: Noraa

Reason:
OMGUS
voting for me is anti-town
-_________- I voted for u first. ur the OMGUS
That is correct! I *would* be the OMGUS if I hadn't been able to use such great, non-OMGUS logic in order to vote for you.
redados plays like this as town idk why but yeah
In post 50, Redados wrote:

Mundivore, what are your thoughts on this?
not your job to traffic cop
In post 115, Redados wrote:
I'm a huge fan of this post. I am liking Satisfaction's play, it seems very pro-town.
In post 107, Noraa wrote:mmm "we can still be friends" reads bad
it was an accusation and it was a DAY 1 accusation which is low-key stupid. refrain from doing that please especially when I've said basically nothing to u
Noraa, I think that you're overthinking this.
In post 110, Noraa wrote:But I get really pissed when people saying I'm pocketing ^^
If at any point you're friendly to anyone (you in general, not you specifically), someone will make some sort of comment that you are pocketing. Pocketing is not an insult and shouldn't necessarily be seen as AI, frankly. Being polite to someone or agreeing with someone is bound to happen (and should happen) in every mafia game. If you give your thoughts on lots of stuff, eventually you'll disagree with the person you're "pocketing" and everyone will see that you're not trying to buddy up with that person.
In post 114, Noraa wrote:awesome. its not AI but it bugs me so much lmao
I agree that it's not AI.
yay someone is vibing with my thoughts
In post 137, Redados wrote:
In post 136, Noraa wrote:scum is antitown -_________-
doesn't matter what they r doing, their damn existence is antitown
I feel like I'm getting into semantics here but scum can definitely act pro-town or anti-town... in the same way that town can act in a pro-town way or an anti-town way.
you are not a mafia theory professor redados lol
In post 144, Redados wrote:
In post 141, Mundivore wrote:Please explain your reasoning for Arthur as scum.
Sure.

Poking at a behavior in RVS, as Arthur did in posts 35 and 37 is healthy because it moves the game forward. This is pro-town behavior.

In post 40, Arthur backs down completely as soon as his line of thinking is questioned. To me, this reads like noob!scum backing away at the slightest hint of pressure. It's not super AI but worth a look in combination with the rest of Arthur's behavior.

Posts 73 and 78 are totally OMGUS.

(Post 86 was disappointing because I felt like he learned the wrong lesson there.)

I also wasn't a huge fan of #93. NK15 literally quoted Arthur's post as reasoning for their vote and then Arthur jumps on this. This is weird jumpy behavior.
pretty much IIoA post
In post 147, Redados wrote:In general I want to see more from Egix, Not Known, and Bluebell.
not your job to prod people to talk
In post 271, Redados wrote:
In post 270, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 268, Mundivore wrote:I'm most interested in elimming one of Arthur and Satisfaction today
I think I've seen two different people say that if one of us is scum, the other probably isn't (or maybe you, twice? I'd have to check). I agree. That said, I'm just as wary that it's town versus town. If so, would that make an elim between us less informative? After that, what's the risk of two miselims in a row once we've locked into this either-or thinking? This is coming from a place of... I don't know. I clearly see him doing weird things, but I don't know if that makes him scum. If I was under a hammer right now you wouldn't hear me screaming, "Get Arthur tomorrow after I flip town!"
This is why I think you're town. Arthur seems to be pushing for your lim in order to save his own skin. I don't get that vibe from you. I think that's alignment-indicative.
kinda see what you're trying to do with arthur? but im thinking arthur is limbait here

redados read on worst here
pedit: I'll address that in another post

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 297, shellyc wrote:not your job to traffic cop
this is the second time you've said this.

do you think traffic copping is... asking people to offer thoughts on something?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 296, the worst wrote:VOTE: shelly this is actually just shelly's scumgame again
I call omgus.

were my walls and walls of quotes and catch up not townie enough?

Nope! Just blatant OMGUS from scumworst here, and obviously trying to get rid of rusty town!me. I can't believe it worsty, let me enjoy feryland instead of limbaiting me

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”