Newbie 2031 - The Wild Hunt (End!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by shellyc »

*SE hat*

DO NOT DISCUSS REPLACEMENTS.

pedit: yes
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 396, shellyc wrote:arthur's shade on noraa is very weird

they SR noraa slightly but not for very logical reasons? and they arent voting them? which sounds super distance-y
If you look into my other games, you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't like to vote for pressuring. I actually gave logical reasons, if you'll look at:
In post 180, ArthurConyl wrote:Reread Part 2:
Noraa:
Ok, so at the start Noraa was kinda sitting on the fence. Not really saying much either way. Then he starts saying I'm scummy and later votes me in post #105. Really he only gives one reason-post:
Spoiler:
In post 94, Noraa wrote:
In post 93, ArthurConyl wrote:Hooold up there,
@Not Known 15.

You've probably just done the scummiest thing yet in this game. Please explain why I shouldn't transfer my vote to you. You put Satisfaction at E-1 and not even a reason? You're practically begging to be scumread.
I agree but u don't seem much less scummy tbh. At this point in time it just seems like ur trying really hard to start all the wagons so you can make sure ur partner and u r safe

I read my own ISO at this point to see if I was starting "all the wagons." Uh no. The only guy I focused on from the start was Satisfaction. Never started any other wagons. You can read my ISO if you want. So I feel like Noraa's one reason for voting me is quite weak.

I'm leaning scum on Noraa, but less scummy than Mundivore. Either that or he's not a very pro-town player.
Also some other guy said that Noraa's natural playstyle was pretty random, which would take off some of the scuminess. Suspecting shelly or the worst of being scum right now. DND me while I reread please.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 393, shellyc wrote:
In post 391, ArthurConyl wrote:I have been away for 2 days and wow, what a thread. Give me a moment and I'll analyse worst vs shelly. Personally, I feel like scum are laughing at town for descending into chaos ;/
if you think it's TvT, can you give reasoning

why does this feeeeel likeeeee TMI (too much information)?
yeeeeah
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 399, ArthurConyl wrote:I'm still rereading, give me a few minutes. In the meantime
shelly and worst,
would it be too much to ask that you stop flooding the thread? I'm seeing so many short/fluffy posts you'd think this is a chat room.
due respect, I'm probably not going to change my posting habits because you asked me to. I'll make somewhat of an effort but if it feels organic to hit submit, I'm gonna hit submit.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by shellyc »

@arthur, worst = noraa.

fence-sitting is logical, but why is it not as indicative of scumminess than Mundivore's play to you?

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by shellyc »

Didn't you just say our interaction felt town vs town? What made you change your mind on our alignments?

I have a paranoid tendency regarding worsty as well (totally not related to gamblers fallacy), but i feel like recent posting makes an effort to solve

besides, I'm the new clarkbar.

ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 403, the worst wrote:
In post 399, ArthurConyl wrote:I'm still rereading, give me a few minutes. In the meantime
shelly and worst,
would it be too much to ask that you stop flooding the thread? I'm seeing so many short/fluffy posts you'd think this is a chat room.
due respect, I'm probably not going to change my posting habits because you asked me to. I'll make somewhat of an effort but if it feels organic to hit submit, I'm gonna hit submit.
In post 402, the worst wrote:
In post 393, shellyc wrote:
In post 391, ArthurConyl wrote:I have been away for 2 days and wow, what a thread. Give me a moment and I'll analyse worst vs shelly. Personally, I feel like scum are laughing at town for descending into chaos ;/
if you think it's TvT, can you give reasoning

why does this feeeeel likeeeee TMI (too much information)?
yeeeeah
"yeah" post :mad: Ugh, keep flooding then. Perhaps if I say that flooding puts people off the game, you'll stop?
Also what's TMI about it? I felt that since the start of the game, town has become disorganized and chaotic.
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 405, shellyc wrote:Didn't you just say our interaction felt town vs town? What made you change your mind on our alignments?

I have a paranoid tendency regarding worsty as well (totally not related to gamblers fallacy), but i feel like recent posting makes an effort to solve

besides, I'm the new clarkbar.
I never said your interaction was TvT.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by shellyc »

if you whine about how chaotic town is and not make an effort to change town's organisation or call us out for it how are we going to be more "efficient" though?

pedit: "I feel like scum are laughing at town for descending into chaos"
it feels like you're commenting on both of us bickering at each other and we should stop because it feels like scum are laughing at us = town!worst town!me
which feels like TMI since theres no concrete evidence of our alignments, and I can't really see this being TvT

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 395, shellyc wrote:who do you think you want to zoom into right now if not worsty?
don't miss this please

like ive noted that you have SR'd satis but where did the read go?

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 406, ArthurConyl wrote:"yeah" post Ugh, keep flooding then. Perhaps if I say that flooding puts people off the game, you'll stop?
settle pls
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by the worst »

if you spent as much time trying to sort alignments as you did complaining about "flooding" (short, game related posts for posterity) I don't think we'd have this issue dude. I'm not going to come at you for your slow, insightful posts. I'll make some effort to make longer/less frequent posts. But again, I'm not changing for you and I wouldn't expect you to change for me. I don't see e.g. nk15 complaining about this games pace, and he has a third of your posts. this game is progressing somewhat slowly on average.

I'll respect your need for a slower pace, within reason. Please respect the fact that different people post differently. If you think it's alignment indicative let's talk about it, otherwise let's get back to the game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by the worst »

slow, uninsightful posts*
damn autocorrect ruining my snark.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:21 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 365, shellyc wrote:
In post 360, Not Known 15 wrote:I feel ignored.
tbh this after mundivore's post is a bit LAMIST-y
In post 366, shellyc wrote:it means that nk15 feels they are ignored because mundivore thinks me + worst are town
Yeah, it's not as if NK15 was directly involved in that interaction.
Still, even if NK feels that they deserve more attention in general, then why don't they... y'know, post more?
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:12 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 353, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 299, shellyc wrote:
In post 296, the worst wrote:VOTE: shelly this is actually just shelly's scumgame again
I call omgus

were my walls and walls of quotes and catch up not townie enough?

Nope! Just blatant OMGUS from scumworst here, and obviously trying to get rid of rusty town!me. I can't believe it worsty, let me enjoy feryland instead of limbaiting me
This looks like a complaint coming from scum. "Why am I not townread for all that effort?" instead of attacking the reasons. In fact, I don't see a towny reason for saying this.
VOTE: Shelly
It seems that people have not understood what I said. I said I don't see a towny reason for saying that.
If there is no towny reason for an action, then that person performing the action IS SCUM.
So, either refute my argument or vote shellyc.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:26 am

Post by the worst »

In post 375, the worst wrote:
Generally I think you might be town this game tbqh but it's not a super strong feeling so I'm kinda, observing you I suppose. :3

It's not a massive thing to work off but did my Sati towncase make you feel any feelings?
@Nk15 still pretty interested in this, if you wouldn't mind.
Mundivore
Mundivore
Goon
Mundivore
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Mundivore »

In post 414, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 296, the worst wrote:VOTE: shelly this is actually just shelly's scumgame again
I call omgus

Nope! Just blatant OMGUS from scumworst here, and obviously trying to get rid of rusty town!me. I can't believe it worsty, let me enjoy feryland instead of limbaiting me
This looks like a complaint coming from scum. "Why am I not townread for all that effort?" instead of attacking the reasons. In fact, I don't see a towny reason for saying this.
It seems that people have not understood what I said. I said I don't see a towny reason for saying that.
If there is no towny reason for an action, then that person performing the action IS SCUM.
I think shelly is the sort to play a scummy town game to improve the potency of her scum games.

That said, if we can't get an Arthur or Satisfaction elim today, I'd be happy with the shelly elim. Regardless of whether she's scum or town, I feel like she's going to be a distracting feature who isn't fond of cooperating.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:40 am

Post by shellyc »

i hate being policy'd

like me not cooperating is because I have Hot Takes that you might be interested in but im always fine to cooperate

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:42 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 411, the worst wrote:if you spent as much time trying to sort alignments as you did complaining about "flooding" (short, game related posts for posterity) I don't think we'd have this issue dude. I'm not going to come at you for your slow, insightful posts. I'll make some effort to make longer/less frequent posts. But again, I'm not changing for you and I wouldn't expect you to change for me. I don't see e.g. nk15 complaining about this games pace, and he has a third of your posts. this game is progressing somewhat slowly on average.

I'll respect your need for a slower pace, within reason. Please respect the fact that different people post differently. If you think it's alignment indicative let's talk about it, otherwise let's get back to the game.
if you spent as much time trying to sort alignments as you did complaining about Arthur complaining about flooding I'll be much happier dude.

That being said, bluebell, please come back so I can do some sorting of your slot

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:28 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 415, the worst wrote:
In post 375, the worst wrote:
Generally I think you might be town this game tbqh but it's not a super strong feeling so I'm kinda, observing you I suppose. :3

It's not a massive thing to work off but did my Sati towncase make you feel any feelings?
@Nk15 still pretty interested in this, if you wouldn't mind.
Its not strong. Nearly all of these things could be fishing for scummy town reactions, and that critical mindset analysis ignores another motivation: Self-preservation.
It made me consider that satisfaction could be town, but didn't convince me much. The scuminess level has increased, though, and if shelly actually flips town today - I hope not - it could be very well Arthur and not Satisfaction.
Bluebell
Bluebell
Townie
Bluebell
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Bluebell »

In post 418, shellyc wrote:
In post 411, the worst wrote:if you spent as much time trying to sort alignments as you did complaining about "flooding" (short, game related posts for posterity) I don't think we'd have this issue dude. I'm not going to come at you for your slow, insightful posts. I'll make some effort to make longer/less frequent posts. But again, I'm not changing for you and I wouldn't expect you to change for me. I don't see e.g. nk15 complaining about this games pace, and he has a third of your posts. this game is progressing somewhat slowly on average.

if you spent as much time trying to sort alignments as you did complaining about Arthur complaining about flooding I'll be much happier dude.

That being said, bluebell, please come back so I can do some sorting of your slot
Second surgery for my struggling sidekick and we both slept seven sweet somniforous hours. An aside, keeping a cone of shame on a capering coney is an impossibility.

Shelly, let's play! Word association day! You first. Only a word or two, more will be cursed. And no repitition, is my petition. After your view, I volunteer to continue.

Arthur.
Bluebell.
Clarkbar=Shelly.
Egix96.
Mundivore.
Noraa=The Worst.
NotKnown15.
Redados.
Satisfaction.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:48 am

Post by fferyllt »

Redados has been prodded. He has 48 hours from now in order to post before I must seek a replacement, due to it being a weekend.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 417, shellyc wrote:i hate being policy'd

like me not cooperating is because I have Hot Takes that you might be interested in but im always fine to cooperate
This should be explained in more detail(the second part)
ArthurConyl
ArthurConyl
Goon
ArthurConyl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by ArthurConyl »

In post 414, Not Known 15 wrote:
I call omgus

@Not Known 15
It's not that weird. Imagine if she was town. Worst OMGUS voted her, so what reasoning is there to attack? If you get OMGUS voted, you shouldn't have to defend yourself or get scumread. In a way she's brushing off the vote, which can be scumread but is also consistent with what I've seen of her play style. So don't be so hasty to vote her in.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by shellyc »

In post 420, Bluebell wrote:
In post 418, shellyc wrote:

Second surgery for my struggling sidekick and we both slept seven sweet somniforous hours. An aside, keeping a cone of shame on a capering coney is an impossibility.

Shelly, let's play! Word association day! You first. Only a word or two, more will be cursed. And no repitition, is my petition. After your view, I volunteer to continue.

Arthur.
Bluebell.
Clarkbar=Shelly.
Egix96.
Mundivore.
Noraa=The Worst.
NotKnown15.
Redados.
Satisfaction.
ok this isnt working out because this was posted at 2am my time so guess I'll have to scrap the live interaction part
but you can have my readslist
Town
Clarkbar=Shelly.
Satisfaction.
Redados.
Mundivore.
Egix96.
Bluebell.
NotKnown15.
Arthur.
Noraa=The Worst.
Scum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”