Panzerjager
(1):
Blitzo
(1):
The Bulge
(1):

Not voting
(2): ,

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-12 14:30:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Not_Mafia
Ok I spent a while just now reading NM games and it made me lean scum on him. I realize there is a perception that NM can’t be read (especially not off 5 posts) but we do have to sort him eventually. The reason I’m scumleaning him is that his posting style looks more checked out than average and from the games I looked at he seemed to be more engaged as town (even that engagement came in the form of dumb troll posts). I realize no one is going to follow me on this read unless people want a policy elim, but I’m putting it out there anyway.

Kasumeat
I hadn’t yet formed strong opinions about Kasu, so I think this will be particularly helpful for me. The blitzo vote in and follow up in don’t ping me, because I thought was weird as well. Kasu is very noncommittal on reads early e.g. and but I feel like is genuine. Though I think that vote is bad, it really doesn’t make sense to me to go after Shea there as scum. Same with . Anyway, there is nothing in there that really says scum to me, so I’m going with town.

PookyTheMagicalBear
Meta was useless for Pooky I think. Maybe there is a tendency to vote less as scum, but I don’t really know. Honestly don’t feel great about . I’m not sure I really looked that much better than Blitzo there and it would make sense for at least one scum to side with me. I feel like is kind of similarly weird to me. Yes, I realized that I also pushed those players, but it is consistent with my playstyle of pushing lots of random stuff on day 1. But pooky apparently takes a game solving approach without putting people on edge. So why these weird pushes on Gamma that don’t really feel like they have a clear purpose? Obviously I do agree with Pooky about . I disagree about , I don’t think this game is moving quickly enough to warrant a wait and see approach. Agree with Shea about , but I could see being genuine. So I’m not really sure where that leaves me on Pooky, but I am going to assume he is a strong scum player so I am going to trust the things that are pinging me rather than the things that look towny.

The Bulge
I liked my interactions with The Bulge around , , and . They feel like questions that are actually designed to gain insight, especially paired with the unvote. I don’t agree with the read on Kasu, but it also doesn’t feel like a scum push. Also, I think the dynamic around the wagons on myself and Kasu are interesting, it doesn’t feel like there is a strong push in any one direction, more like there are two wagons on townies and scum is waiting to see where the other shoe drops. I think I was asked this at one point, I agreed with and as I said before I think that a townie is more likely to follow my same line of thought than scum. I said something very similar to as town, I know that was a topic of discussion. The goal was to get someone who might be town to engage with me in a productive way rather than in a defensive way. Still reads like town to me.

More tomorrow
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

Why was I your vote and then dropped entirely from your following reads?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 0, Umlaut wrote:Thestatusquo
Panzerjager
Gamma Emerald
MURDERCAT
Blitzo
Not_Mafia
Kasumeat
PookyTheMagicalBear
The Bulge
duppin
OutWorldER*
Noraa
UneducatedGuesser
zzz
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 566, Noraa wrote:
In post 564, PJ. wrote:
In post 563, Noraa wrote:My play style's annoying regardless of alignment if that's what ur wondering.
Didn't have to wonder, it was abundantly clear that you are annoying.

And also, probably scum.
If you truly believe in that, you are way overly confident. We are day 1 and you claim you've found scum, one of which is me. If you believe in that, I'll be very surprised.
this kinda feels like overreacting, I don't think panzer has expressed the level of confidence you seem to think he is expressing
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 571, OutWorldER wrote:Shea's push onto Bulge is interesting. I'm not sure if I'm entirely behind the logic there but I think it is a town-motivated push. I'm having trouble expressing exactly why I feel this way, however. I'll come back to it when I feel I can (and it will also give some time for this interaction to develop)

I think I'm keeping my vote parked on Gamma rn. I still really don't like anything I've seen in his ISO. Speaking of...
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 530, Kasumeat wrote:[quote="In post 487Gamma, can you elaborate on this vote and your current feelings of MC? Could you also tell me your current thoughts on Shea, myself (again), and Outworld?
You did explain yourself re: myself. How about Shea and Outworld?
I’m TRing both Shea and Outworld rn
I'd like you to elaborate more on these reads.
I think the people shea has been pushing make sense in a "they are seeing the right sort of things I'd expect a town person to" way
I think you've just generally displayed a solid amount of solving
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 576, MURDERCAT wrote:Not_Mafia
Ok I spent a while just now reading NM games and it made me lean scum on him. I realize there is a perception that NM can’t be read (especially not off 5 posts) but we do have to sort him eventually. The reason I’m scumleaning him is that his posting style looks more checked out than average and from the games I looked at he seemed to be more engaged as town (even that engagement came in the form of dumb troll posts). I realize no one is going to follow me on this read unless people want a policy elim, but I’m putting it out there anyway.
I vaguely have a recollection of the opposite (being more engaged as scum vs. town) from a while back, and a recent game with him has supported this somewhat. The thing is I recall like 0 posts at all from NM this game so I have him as straight up null rn.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

also I made an analysis after two games with Pooky (dumb yes but w/e) that he tends to be more serious as scum than as town, and he's never attempted to contradict me on that. I will however say maybe I oversimplified it when first forming that impression. He's silly as both alignments, but when he's town it seems like it's downright inscrutable and rather distracting, but as scum he does it in a way that feels less invasive. So if you struggle with reading Pooky, there's a bit of a road map on him.
<Embrace The Void>

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 581, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have him as straight up null rn.
I'm trying to commit myself one way or the other on everyone right now which I hope will help me clarify things
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 582, Gamma Emerald wrote:also I made an analysis after two games with Pooky (dumb yes but w/e) that he tends to be more serious as scum than as town, and he's never attempted to contradict me on that. I will however say maybe I oversimplified it when first forming that impression. He's silly as both alignments, but when he's town it seems like it's downright inscrutable and rather distracting, but as scum he does it in a way that feels less invasive. So if you struggle with reading Pooky, there's a bit of a road map on him.
Thank you I will consider this, though probably I will wait before digging back in :lol:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 491, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 347, The Bulge wrote:kasumeat the archaeologist
this is a weird thing to say in response to what kasu just did tbh. Why make such a big deal of it?
I think this is the opposite of making a big deal considering I only said 3 words about it and never came back but ok. I said it cuz I thought it was funny and the posts he randomly dug up didn't make any sense.
In post 504, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 481, The Bulge wrote:does it help you if I say I think blitzo is town mainly off of their interactions with you and panzer
Why? I'm a bit interested in this
not strong but the lite hostility looks like town alt frustration to me
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 513, OutWorldER wrote:Easiest I'll admit to but I'd like you elaborate on least consequential.
least likely to cause any ripples, back you into a discussion you aren't ready to become seriously invested in, or present any hard stances on the most relevant topics of discussion at that time.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 549, duppin wrote:Shea I'd like to talk about the townreads on you, but first of all what do you make of them?
curious as to why you take this angle rather than asking those who TR him for reasons? the decision seems very intentional.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 567, Thestatusquo wrote:Why was this enough to vote on when so many things were not?
silly question. I only see what I see
"Honestly I really don't understand this whole line of questioning. It seems like in order to respond to me saying "it could be faked I just don't think it is" with "But don't you think it COULD be fake!?" kind of requires willfulness. Yes, it could be fake. I don't think it is because to me it feels genuine."

I dont see how that could be what he's suggesting he misread it as, and EVEN IF THATS TRUE--The meat of my argument is there really isn't town motivation to jump to reassure someone you're not pushing them. Why would you? I've certainly never done it as town.
I already explained myself, do you think I'm lying?

if I need to clarify more, I read "Honestly I really don't understand this whole line of questioning. It seems like in order
for me
to respond
to me
saying "[words...]"" and like I said, understood you thought I was pressuring you. it made me read your tone as defensive, which I thought was strange.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 574, Thestatusquo wrote:I meant it that he doesn't seem to be too interested in picking fights or voting. He seems interested in prodding at things but I would describe his engagement as mostly at the surface level.
that is a pretty good description of my typical early d1 play actually
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 533, Kasumeat wrote:Power is back :)
In post 385, PJ. wrote:Anyway, that's all I got. Yeet murdercat probably.

Why? I have mixed feelings on MC. I'd be happy to share but I'd like to hear your reasoning first.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 582, Gamma Emerald wrote:also I made an analysis after two games with Pooky (dumb yes but w/e) that he tends to be more serious as scum than as town, and he's never attempted to contradict me on that. I will however say maybe I oversimplified it when first forming that impression. He's silly as both alignments, but when he's town it seems like it's downright inscrutable and rather distracting, but as scum he does it in a way that feels less invasive. So if you struggle with reading Pooky, there's a bit of a road map on him.
So . . . what do you think of him?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Hey kasu, wanna chat? Where are you at?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

Hi
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Noraa »

.........not literally
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

NOOOOOOORRRRRRRaaaaaaa
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

People are actually here so let's try to advance the game state. Who is mostly likely to be scum if people who are generally town read? Which lurkers if any are scum?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

let me make a picture for you
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Noraa »

yes pooooooooky? O_o
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 596, MURDERCAT wrote:People are actually here so let's try to advance the game state. Who is mostly likely to be scum if people who are generally town read? Which lurkers if any are scum?
Who is generallyTRed, Shea and Bulge? I feel better and better about Shea. Speaking of which.

UNVOTE:

Several other lynches I'd prefer. I like Bulge less than on his intro mostly for reasons that Shea has mentioned. He's null-scum for me.

As for the lurkers, who knows? I find NM impossible to read. I've played with him once before when he replaced in and he made three posts over two days and then was replaced out or something, as town. Still a complete null on him. I don't have much of a read yet on UG but I like what he's posted so far. Leaning slightly town. Panzer is low-content and what's there is a little scummy. Posts like this are just completely useless and non-committal and seem like scum just hedging hard. Though the arrogance that he shows is fairly towny.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”