Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1223, Gamma Emerald wrote:I felt like you could be Town so I voted a different scumread
more interested in why tay is a scumread for you.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Some of the things she does seem like she is doing them for looking good vs. genuine sorting
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:32 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Nahdia,

I appreciate you <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Cabd »

Tiers are FLTR, i have thoughts below the limbo line but will get to them eventually. Not right this second.

{Something_Smart, Midway, Ffery}
{Tammy, Cake, Syr}
{Alisae, Petapan}
{Gamma, Nahdia}
~~~Line of How low Can You Limbo?~~~
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:39 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
In post 846, DiamondSentinel wrote:Syr I think just deserves a bit of pressure. Not a hard read on them by any means, but something's bugging me.
Oh, and Tammy should get some of the pressure pie. Kinda forgot about that read, but there isn't much to make me feel any better.
This net. So wide.
In post 861, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's begging for you to agree with them, or at the very least grant his reads merit. In my experience, it's been a horrible scum-tell, where a player asking for someone to validate their reads is just trying make them seem legitimate.
If you're reading Cabd as begging for anything (except possibly my vote on Bell) - in any game - you're almost certainly misreading him.
In post 884, DiamondSentinel wrote:Oh also. I think I saw them a while back (I might be wrong), but who are the heads of morph? Is that Cabd and fferylt?
Yes.
In post 909, SirCakez wrote:I need translators for Pooky and Cabd
For Cabd, just talking to him usually works. He'll explain what he's willing to explain, anyway, and then you get to explore the dimensions of what he won't explain and think about things that fit into that size and shape.

There are some good Cabd translators in this player list.
In post 950, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 940, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 891, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SC is probly scum - he's way too sweet here.

I'd vote him but MWB still hasn't apologized for causing the death of poor Eliza yet.
Idk about "too sweet" but his Nahdia push ain't great

@DS that seems fair, it's less about pushing people you think are shady and more about sorting people who you can read but don't have a read on
I personally think that pushing people because you want them lynched is a shitty strategy. It doesn't actually get scum, and instead just gets people who are unsure of their footing.

I push people because I want something set in stone that I can refer to at a later point.

Pedit: ooh pagetop
I like this post.
In post 956, SirCakez wrote:I don't know how to approach the relationship between this group Tammy which is kind of what I was getting at with the bias thing - I feel like you guys want to townread each other because you're all friends.
I think there's some truth to this.

But.

You have never seen me get paranoid about Cabd. It's not a pretty sight.
In post 971, Gamma Emerald wrote:So I don't remember what my thing I was doing for the RP catchup was (probably due to only really ever doing that RP while in a specific location a lot of the time) so I'll just not do it. I'm sure someone's happy.
In post 177, fferyllt wrote:
Cabd wrote:I have three town reads already. Woo.
Page 7. I should hope so.
How serious was this and why?
Mostly running semi-serious joke. My (not recently tested) ability to accurately snap-read a few players by page 4 or so led to a running gag about how if I wasn't townreading them by page 4 I was scum, and if I WAS townreading them by page 4 I was also scum. The snap-reads often went both ways.

I thought there was enough data in the thread for Cabd's black box mafia game processor to have at least 2 townreads by page 7.
In post 979, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 228, Cabd wrote:
In post 222, fferyllt wrote:
In post 213, Cabd wrote:
In post 192, Cabd wrote:
In post 191, petapan wrote:nah because the bear's town
Spoiler: People Town Reading Archer Masonry PT
Hi!
Spoiler: People Town Reading Archer Masonry PT
Pop Quiz, who are my other town reads and why?
Spoiler:
Me. ~reasons~
Did you and Syr end up in a black hole? Or are you moon gazing with blue balls?
This might just be a general in-joke but I thought of Advance Wars when I saw this
It was a question to me couched within an Advance War metaphor.

I'm not going to explain the question or answer at this time.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1218, Cabd wrote:
In post 1049, fferyllt wrote:Diamond, Gamma and Alisae are the players I feel like I should already have an opinion on. I'm probably close, but data overload, I guess.
How's this going?
Alisae town. Diamond was bugging the hell out of me but he posted something I quoted recently that put some of his playstyle into focus for me and I can see what he's doing as potentially town play, but I'm gonna need more time/data/interaction I think to feel confident. Gamma is distinctly up from fire from a thousand suns territory. Settling on a tier is going to take some interaction.

I'll feel more like interaction after I get a nap, I think. My usual sleep deficit increased the last couple nights.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:56 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1224, Cabd wrote:
In post 1073, Cabd wrote:
In post 1072, fferyllt wrote:On page 43.

I don't even
Think about it incredibly hard. You're good at this kind of thinking.

Let me know if you don't have it by the morning.
WE ALL GOOD HERE?
I was mostly giving you shit.

And yeah, I know.

Mafia bleeds into DnD so hard my DM has taken to turning off his webcam so I can't read his eyebrow movements. DnD bleeds into mafia, too. I come back with swagger wanting to unleash some Bardic Hideous Laughter.

Idic
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:05 am

Post by midwaybear »

hI gUYs
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1230, fferyllt wrote:It was a question to me couched within an Advance War metaphor.

I'm not going to explain the question or answer at this time.
That’s exactly what I expected and I’m good with just the validation for now
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1222, Nahdia wrote:
Nahdia wrote:that implication was not intended.
like, i guess i understand ultimately where you're coming from with your engagement if you felt my comment towards pooky was "easy" or however you want to call it. but in the moment yes, it was very aggrevating to get that response when im trying to put something out there. read me as town, read me as scum, fine, though i'll obviously defend myself in the latter case. but your point was that i shouldnt even have made the post at all, which really set me off! and since then ive explained both why i felt the need to respond to what's in front of me as well as my deeper intention with the comment with regard to how im trying to tease out pooky's alignment, but you haven't responded to anyof that. instead you seem fixated on attacking me for not having the right kind of content. mind you im not taking it personally, but i am really frustrated by how this interaction has progressed! it feels super unfair towards me.
okay. it was mostly because the argument about that individual post seemed not worth belaboring and we could argue about it forever and not really get anywhere. on a gut level i didn't like you butting in even if you felt like it made sense to do. and i didn't really want that to be the focal point of discussion b/c to me it was not the most important thing, it was a springboard for me to start pressuring you. with regard to you trying to sort pooky that way, okay. i don't think he's pushing on me in a way that's disingenuous, i think he's being a silly goose. so yeah i'm going to go after you because i had vibe and you haven't said anything that looks like believable scumhunting yet. you say i'm being unfair, do you think that makes me scummy?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1214, Tayl0r Swift wrote:the last couple pages are strange and there wasnt really anything fun to respond to. im pretty sure scum were active and working to distance from each other though, because a lot of shit was thrown but no votes were placed
this post is, as you would sa, "throwing shade that doesnt advance the game"
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1193, fferyllt wrote: At some point, the nightmares that are waking
me
up in the middle of the night are going to hit this thread and the implosion will be spectacular.

For now, I'm white-knuckling it and trying to sort some shit on my own.
Hope these go away ffery! Sleep problems are the worst :(
In post 1213, Gamma Emerald wrote:Looking at Nahdia’x personAl rant make me feel a lot less sure of my scumread on them
this...

I think this Taylor wagon should get farther along than it is.
Something_Smart is feeling a lot more absent than usual.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1032, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1019, Cabd wrote:I wonder how much overlap we have!

You feeling cocky enough to go first, or?
yeah. I'd rather not be influenced by whatever you've got.

{...........} <-- This makes me sad
{Syryana, SirCakez, Cabd*}
{Tammy, Bell, Something_Smart, petapan} <-- Some of these surprised me
-------------------
{midway bear} <-- may be too influenced by opinions in my peripheral vision. I'm going to spend some time with his iso when I'm more awake.
-------------------
{............} at a guess,
{............} I'll wind up with at least two more tiers.

* I'm treating you as unequivocal town and seeing what my gut thinks about it. You've made yourself vulnerable in a player list like this one with you Bell stance, and I don't think that's something you'd do as scum.

As for the rest of the player list, some I need more post data. some I need to marinate on. some I need to meta. Some have enough data in the thread that I feel like they should be sortable, but I don't have a first approximation. maybe it's my failing. maybe it's their content. I have work to do tomorrow.
In post 1231, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1049, fferyllt wrote:Diamond, Gamma and Alisae are the players I feel like I should already have an opinion on. I'm probably close, but data overload, I guess.
How's this going?
Alisae town. Diamond was bugging the hell out of me but he posted something I quoted recently that put some of his playstyle into focus for me and I can see what he's doing as potentially town play, but I'm gonna need more time/data/interaction I think to feel confident. Gamma is distinctly up from fire from a thousand suns territory. Settling on a tier is going to take some interaction.

I'll feel more like interaction after I get a nap, I think. My usual sleep deficit increased the last couple nights.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1237, SirCakez wrote:Something_Smart is feeling a lot more absent than usual.
Am I though
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by midwaybear »

ok peta could be town, pooky still scummy, cakez townie now too
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1143, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1141, petapan wrote:
In post 1139, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1137, petapan wrote:how are they scummy to you if they need more digging though, what is it that's setting you off, what is the feeling that gives you the idea you need to look into them, give me something here
That is exactly why they need more digging.
but why them, in particular
I'm sure you can figure that out yourself.
sorry shitposters, this is by far the funniest exchange this game
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
In post 846, DiamondSentinel wrote:Syr I think just deserves a bit of pressure. Not a hard read on them by any means, but something's bugging me.
Oh, and Tammy should get some of the pressure pie. Kinda forgot about that read, but there isn't much to make me feel any better.
@ffery are saying that made you go back and read these as town?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1239, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1237, SirCakez wrote:Something_Smart is feeling a lot more absent than usual.
Am I though
Are you? I can't tell.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

I think this is within normal range for how absent I am.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1242, The Bulge wrote:

@ffery are saying that made you go back and read these as town?
I called them out because I disliked them regardless of alignment because they felt indiscriminate.

understanding what he means by pressure helps some. But, it's weird that he throws this stuff out and asks for non-specific other players to help him apply pressure when he's not coming off as all that much of a team player, if that makes sense. With him, next step is figuring out if my ideas about how he approaches the game are accurate and if they are, then what motivation am I seeing here. Surface level, he's reminding me a lot of scum-Diamond in the Perpetual Mylo game I modded a couple years ago.

Idic
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Scum me in PMyLo was motivated by frustration and hatred at my other scum members.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Cabd »

What timing.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1238, Cabd wrote:
In post 1032, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1019, Cabd wrote:I wonder how much overlap we have!

You feeling cocky enough to go first, or?
yeah. I'd rather not be influenced by whatever you've got.

{...........} <-- This makes me sad
{Syryana, SirCakez, Cabd*}
{Tammy, Bell, Something_Smart, petapan} <-- Some of these surprised me
-------------------
{midway bear} <-- may be too influenced by opinions in my peripheral vision. I'm going to spend some time with his iso when I'm more awake.
-------------------
{............} at a guess,
{............} I'll wind up with at least two more tiers.

* I'm treating you as unequivocal town and seeing what my gut thinks about it. You've made yourself vulnerable in a player list like this one with you Bell stance, and I don't think that's something you'd do as scum.

As for the rest of the player list, some I need more post data. some I need to marinate on. some I need to meta. Some have enough data in the thread that I feel like they should be sortable, but I don't have a first approximation. maybe it's my failing. maybe it's their content. I have work to do tomorrow.
In post 1231, fferyllt wrote:
How's this going?

And?

Which one(s) are you not townreading?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1246, DiamondSentinel wrote:Scum me in PMyLo was motivated by frustration and hatred at my other scum members.
What's motivating you here?

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”