Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 949, superbowl9 wrote:I thought your pob idea was a good one, but apparently we were vetoed by the big 3 on that too -.-
im getting flashbacks to 'the other hood' :facepalm:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 950, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 949, superbowl9 wrote:I thought your pob idea was a good one, but apparently we were vetoed by the big 3 on that too -.-
im getting flashbacks to 'the other hood' :facepalm:
:lol:
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:43 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

hey guys this ain't the scum PT, fyi
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:45 am

Post by superbowl9 »

OH my bad, I should probly post this here then:

VOTE: Doubting Thomas
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:48 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

that's a good try!
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:49 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:frankly, when the game has made a consensus elim pool like we did here with guillo-superb-chaos, it's very anti town for a newly subbed in person to try to add additional confusion and instead of elaborating on the consensus choice to try to start everything all over again and derail the thread by pushing low posting slots that people weren't talking about in 33/33 pages of the game thread like you've done. that's almost exclusively what scums do.

even if you were correct on pob long coasting, it gives us more information to elim out of the consensus so there are more associations to go off of. killing pob long after what we've all discussed is about others gives us 0 info even if pob long was indeed a low effort wolf. and there's no guarantee in that either, of course.

we are not yeeting pob long today
The entire boon of replacement players lies in them threshing the existing sands of the game for hidden gems of insight left undiscovered or dismissed. You would have them not seek such treasures?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:54 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Okay enough clowning for today VOTE: Guillotina
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:58 am

Post by catboi »

In post 778, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 769, catboi wrote:I don't really support a guillotina vote today.
Why not?
Not really easy to explain. My feeling is, may be loud, annoying, distracting, but that doesn't necessarily add up to scummy, even if his case is bad I don't think it's a rabbit hole scum goes down. I also agree with battle mage in that I don't expect scum to pursue a loud, high-impact approach to the game on day 1 in this setup.
In post 790, Battle Mage wrote:I sort of like the progression in Catboi's ISO, as it has the vibe of genuine solving. But it's also pretty cagey and not throwing a lot of shade.

Catboi - who are your top scumreads today?
That's a tricky one to me, I sped through the thread yesterday and my thoughts are a little disorganized. I disliked chaos the most as I felt their posting lacked substance, and their avoidance of actually reading into the thomas/superbowl fight shows a lack of willingness to sort, their main pushes have just been retaliatory toward pob long and gamma, and I didn't really care for their attack on gamma. Had been suspicious of johnny and how he was staying in the background but is seeming a little bit more town. I haven't really cared for anything superbowl has said, when I subbed in the slapfight with DT looked ego-based but he mostly seems keen on voting people for being annoying rather than finding scumreads? Taylor's another one who's been active but not providing much substance.

I see your vote on pob long, but I actually got very slight townvibes from what he posted, at the start of the game people were mostly fluffing around and he came in early with a serious accusation. Not impossible to fake, but absent anything else to read him on, that's town points. That puts him slightly ahead of Aristophanes in my mind, who didn't say much of anything.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:58 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 956, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:frankly, when the game has made a consensus elim pool like we did here with guillo-superb-chaos, it's very anti town for a newly subbed in person to try to add additional confusion and instead of elaborating on the consensus choice to try to start everything all over again and derail the thread by pushing low posting slots that people weren't talking about in 33/33 pages of the game thread like you've done. that's almost exclusively what scums do.

even if you were correct on pob long coasting, it gives us more information to elim out of the consensus so there are more associations to go off of. killing pob long after what we've all discussed is about others gives us 0 info even if pob long was indeed a low effort wolf. and there's no guarantee in that either, of course.

The entire boon of replacement players lies in them threshing the existing sands of the game for hidden gems of insight left undiscovered or dismissed. You would have them not seek such treasures?
yes i am all open to new players looking at things that may have been left undiscovered/dismissed. however i dont think the way and the topic (of one low effort slot out of a quite a few) having to be 'pressured' for them to play the game was townie
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 958, catboi wrote:Not really easy to explain. My feeling is, may be loud, annoying, distracting, but that doesn't necessarily add up to scummy, even if his case is bad I don't think it's a rabbit hole scum goes down. I also agree with battle mage in that I don't expect scum to pursue a loud, high-impact approach to the game on day 1 in this setup.
I assume you TR DT for the same reasoning then?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 958, catboi wrote:I haven't really cared for anything superbowl has said, when I subbed in the slapfight with DT looked ego-based but he mostly seems keen on voting people for being annoying rather than finding scumreads?
I am understanding this statement as superbowl looked ego-based and mostly seems keen on voting people for being annoying, yes?

That was my take, and like after a couple days has passed for him to cool down, that is still how I feel most of his participation in the thread is, with regards to Guillotina as well as he seems less town read than I am. I don't think this push is genuine, and I don't really see any pushes that seems based on logic/solving from superb, and I think that's very wolfy here.

If my understanding of your statement is correct, I think you are townie for mindmelding with me there
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 958, catboi wrote:Not really easy to explain. My feeling is, may be loud, annoying, distracting, but that doesn't necessarily add up to scummy, even if his case is bad I don't think it's a rabbit hole scum goes down. I also agree with battle mage in that I don't expect scum to pursue a loud, high-impact approach to the game on day 1 in this setup.
I missed that battle mage said that. I mean what is your take on him then pushing that I am scum despite me being like almost an upgrade of guillo if he's town read him for that?
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

I understand there's a chance (a low one, I hope) that I am wrong on superb and/or battle mage.

But I think even in that world (which I don't believe in right now, ftr), the way catboi has approached the argument has been extremely townie. I guess it's similar to how I town read gamma, but I think it's lacked scum agenda and I can literally feel the townie-neutralness of someone that is really trying to solve the game despite the thread not being friendly at all. Ima town read there
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 860, Chaos Triforce wrote:
In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:guillo-superb-chaos
if this was truly the "consensus", a new guy shouldn't be able to make any waves. The fact that the new guy can just means that its not consensus.

-norbear
Good post tbh
Noraa, if you are town I’d love for you to make that more apparent. Most of the thoughts you’ve expressed have seemed pretty good, it’s just your take on me that bothers me, and the fact you are so loud about it is why my feelings on you lean negative.
This is me officially extending the olive branch. Let’s work together to solve this game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 872, Battle Mage wrote:On Superbowl, probably lean town, he feels similar to our last game together where we were masons.
He literally feels completely different to that game imo. What is similar to you??
<Embrace The Void>

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

as for noraa, there was one post where she based an entire read on my slot that was hyperfocused on my treatment of her. like those hyperfocused stuff which has an inherent implication of assuming their slot is town and working on solving other people on that presumption is town indicative. it's quite difficult to do that as scum. it's hard to explain so y'all might not understand what i am trying to say but
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 823, Battle Mage wrote:No comment from Taylor on pob long?
why would that be expected?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 879, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 870, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 848, Battle Mage wrote:and no, I'm not necessarily going to kill him, just put some pressure on.
this is not someone you were voting thinking you are considering 'every one'

it reads more like a scum slot subbed in who wants to stir the pot. and for you to come to the conclusion that i am scummy for apparently no reason is very noted too.
"very noted"? oh wow, nice added emphasis :lol: your emotiveness is one thing which gives you away, as well as the continual appeals to honesty (which is a good indicator for newb-scum).
Okay yeah I think I’ve had enough of the inflated confidence from you, on a universal level. Stop being a condescending loony and actually read things with genuine intent to solve, not trying to pick it apart like raw cotton.
<Embrace The Void>

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Who are you willing to elim today taylor
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by DoubtingThomas »

man gamma and i share so many thoughts that i am almost scared i am hard pocketed.. but i wont tinfoil yet at least. if you are town, very good to play w you this game
Guillotina
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Guillotina
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Guillotina »

In post 937, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 934, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 931, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 922, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 845, DoubtingThomas wrote:someone else besides superb (cuz i am not talking to them anymore) point to any real scum reads that superb has had? he's called for me and guillo's policy lim and then now a 'compromise' on pob long? lol why is this town again?
Yeah superb actually sorted in my last game with him and did at least okay at it. That’s why I asked if I am overrating his skill earlier.
Kind of hard to sort when all our interactions are lead by the 3 stooges
who are the 3 stooges?
Gamma guillo and DT
Ok, look, one thing is attacking the play and lie about me and all the stuff that your red faction is supposed to do, because it is part of the bubble. Another one is disrespecting me the way you did there.

May I remind you of rule #3?

"Behaviour - Be respectful. This is a heated game but toxicity will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player. If your fellow players tell you to stop, you must stop. If you do not stop, I will tell you to stop."

So,
STOP
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 956, Gamma Emerald wrote:

In post 968, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 879, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 870, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 848, Battle Mage wrote:and no, I'm not necessarily going to kill him, just put some pressure on.
this is not someone you were voting thinking you are considering 'every one'

it reads more like a scum slot subbed in who wants to stir the pot. and for you to come to the conclusion that i am scummy for apparently no reason is very noted too.
"very noted"? oh wow, nice added emphasis :lol: your emotiveness is one thing which gives you away, as well as the continual appeals to honesty (which is a good indicator for newb-scum).
Okay yeah I think I’ve had enough of the inflated confidence from you, on a universal level. Stop being a condescending loony and actually read things with genuine intent to solve, not trying to pick it apart like raw cotton.
Gamma, are you a hydra? I can't believe these 2 posts came from the same guy :lol:

I know you said earlier you didn't wanna say anything to Doubting Thomas as you didn't want to upset him or whatever, but that doesn't mean it's open season to be a jerk to me. Knock it off.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 960, superbowl9 wrote:
I assume you TR DT for the same reasoning then?
I actually think DT is town (said as much after catching up). I'm iffy on guillo but don't want to go there on day 1.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 970, DoubtingThomas wrote:man gamma and i share so many thoughts that i am almost scared i am hard pocketed.. but i wont tinfoil yet at least. if you are town, very good to play w you this game
i'd love to be scum in a game with you as town :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”