Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Noraa »

*confident
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 141, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 121, Noraa wrote:
In post 119, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 116, Noraa wrote:find a scum and I'll give you a big slice.
Why you gotta slice cakez up... what he do
we don't slice cakey!
we go to the bakery and find a cake.
But cakez IS scum, don't have to find him in no bakery :o
Vote me then
In post 143, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 125, SirCakez wrote:
In post 78, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 65, SirCakez wrote:They basically mean the same thing...
I didn't do anything to earn a SR. But you twisted that around for your own scummy purposes.
Dude get out of here with this
Everybody knows what you meant and you're playing word salad
Bruh you always SR me when I'm town.

That's it! I'm going for you.

VOTE: Cakez
The prophecy is intact!
In post 211, Shoshin wrote:
In post 205, VP Baltar wrote:Nothing too serious yet. You?
Nora's obviously town. Gamma's scummy for supporting votes on me, & unwnd's towny for voting Gamma.
Dislike this post a lot
All of these reads seems forced and made up
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Kinda feel like Noraa is leaning a little too hard on the "friends with everyone" shtick
I mean
She IS friends with everyone
But also this is mafia ya?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 273, unwnd wrote:
In post 267, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 264, unwnd wrote:I don't know if you honestly believe that those players were town/scum from one post that you read from catchup
obviously
I'm not intending on reading people off one post

the idea is the different things I note add up to my overall read

you're honestly being over-critical at this point, it should be obvious I'm not just reading people off one post here
Yet it seems like based on your posting you do think ABR is scum lol
yes and how many times in my first few catchups did I call him scum? Definitely more than once. Stop playing dumb, because that has to be the only way you legitimately think this.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by midwaybear »

People seem way too eager to make reads to the point where I feel like accuracy is being compromised.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 277, SirCakez wrote:Kinda feel like Noraa is leaning a little too hard on the "friends with everyone" shtick
I mean
She IS friends with everyone
But also this is mafia ya?
I rarely get games like this as town. let me enjoy being UTR for once :mrgreen:
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Gamma's catchup seems townie mostly because it stands out and doesn't look super good.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 278, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 273, unwnd wrote:
In post 267, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 264, unwnd wrote:I don't know if you honestly believe that those players were town/scum from one post that you read from catchup
obviously
I'm not intending on reading people off one post

the idea is the different things I note add up to my overall read

you're honestly being over-critical at this point, it should be obvious I'm not just reading people off one post here
Yet it seems like based on your posting you do think ABR is scum lol
yes and how many times in my first few catchups did I call him scum? Definitely more than once. Stop playing dumb, because that has to be the only way you legitimately think this.
I just feel like you're not understanding why I don't like your posts. My personal take on posting in mafia games is that once you've put it out there, it's free to criticize. You yourself admitted that your style of taking on mastina was for
attention and for others to read your posts/i]. Correct me if I'm wrong? You have me responding to you, this should be good in your eyes. Instead you tell me I'm being dense for the consideration. The thing is about established player meta is that I can't just start to act like Noraaa and think it will work the same. I think that you chose to behave this way because you want to be townread like mastina would for doing what you did and nothing else
Stop
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 221, Shoshin wrote:
In post 217, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I highly doubt that you can read Noraa, her friendliness is NAI, she seems like she slip by right under your nose if you were an informed cop, and your chainsaw defense of your fake townread screams scum to me.
This feels like too much justification for voting me, but maybe you believe it. Not sure.
I like the way Shoshin is handling ABR here, but I don't know if I can townread it.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 283, midwaybear wrote:
In post 217, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I highly doubt that you can read Noraa, her friendliness is NAI, she seems like she slip by right under your nose if you were an informed cop, and your chainsaw defense of your fake townread screams scum to me.
This feels like too much justification for voting me, but maybe you believe it. Not sure.
I like the way Shoshin is handling ABR here, but I don't know if I can townread it.
this is like ten pounds of fence sitting in one sentence. impressive.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 282, unwnd wrote:I think that you chose to behave this way because you want to be townread like mastina would for doing what you did and nothing else
If he really wanted to get cred, couldn't he have just not said he was copying someone else's playstyle?

BTW, fence sitting isn't scummy.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by unwnd »

If I were scum and I did something questionable I would like a quick explanation before I get buried

So no I don't read him explaining as anything, the intent was already provided when he chose to do it
Stop
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by midwaybear »

That took me a bit to process, but if he said that as a sort of buffer, then it's interesting that he decided to catch up that way in the first place.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by unwnd »

Yes

The game is boring at the surface level for me, I'm not interested in what people type most of the time. I think it's all very easy to fake, therefore I look for tells that aren't explicit such as someone's timing or their delivery. I think scum are more likely to process their posts and even use rhetoric to give off a certain vibe, while townies are shamefully honest and full of mistakes. When it comes to you midway, my issue with reading you is that you seem afraid of mistakes. You'd rather comfortably sideline and say things like 'people are too quick to give reads' but I think that's both unhelpful and lazy. I stand by what I said earlier: Post whatever you want as long as it doesn't start to become hyperposting. You seem very afraid of being judged for a wrong read and I'm not sure if it's because you think you should really really think about them when there's about 283 posts (e.g You don't understand the concept of D1), or you're nervous for scum reasons; Right now I lean the latter.
Stop
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 282, unwnd wrote:I just feel like you're not understanding why I don't like your posts. My personal take on posting in mafia games is that once you've put it out there, it's free to criticize. You yourself admitted that your style of taking on mastina was for
attention and for others to read your posts/i]. Correct me if I'm wrong? You have me responding to you, this should be good in your eyes. Instead you tell me I'm being dense for the consideration. The thing is about established player meta is that I can't just start to act like Noraaa and think it will work the same. I think that you chose to behave this way because you want to be townread like mastina would for doing what you did and nothing else
That theory is preposterous? I have a
similar
catchup style to mastina most of the time, but I actually quite prefer my own style, mostly because it doesn't involve completely ignoring current events like she does? I only did the "quote posts and post a town/scum read on the post" thing because I felt like it offered a number of benefits that seems to for the most part have paid out like I'd planned. I got read I actually feel good about from RVS, the only one I don't think was decent being my mwb scumread. The idea of posting it here is so people can engage me ASAP about my reads, and see the gears turning, but it seems with you that was a massive misunderestimation, since while you did engage with me you clearly aren't perceiving the inner workings if you think that way about my ABR read.
And mastina doesn't always get townread for that style, are you joking me? That's part of why I revel in
not
being entirely similar to her, because I feel like I am different from her in exactly the ways that would make me less likely to set people off against me for style reasons.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 284, Noraa wrote:
In post 283, midwaybear wrote:
this is like ten pounds of fence sitting in one sentence. impressive.
could you not also describe shoshin as fencesitting in the quoted post, tbqh?
<Embrace The Void>

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by unwnd »

If you prefer your own style then stick with it, I'm not reading you as gamma trying to be mastina, I'm reading you as gamma and what the attempt means
Stop
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

I will maybe do something sometime
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I took a thing mastina does and plugged it into my style
it's not a style change, it's just trying a thing in a specific context and seeing how it works out
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by Datisi »

helo i have restored a little bit of my brain function
In post 235, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay no one cares to guess so I'll spit it out, I'm imitating mastina's methods of calling posts town or scum, I felt like it was the best way to pitch myself into the game
i would like to point out that i figured out it was mastina before i read this post. ok thanks.
In post 238, Gamma Emerald wrote:I agree with the final idea of the brain but don't get how datisi thinks pocketing can be the intent? How would mwb even know to pocket there?
i don't get this question? like, scum!midway sees towntisi townreading him, and tries to further pocket by expressing a townread on me - like wdym "how would he know to pocket there" when i expressed a townlean on him a few posts ago?
In post 239, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 101, Datisi wrote:
In post 95, VP Baltar wrote:@noraa - I think datisi is just tired after running a bunch of marathon games and is probably just nudging me to do something more.
why are you pre-emptively defending me
do you see it as scummy or towny? why?
i've been rereading pages 4-5 for 10 minutes now trying to figure out what my thoguhts are here and i think i'm gonna go with "i don't know". i'm coming up with reasons why it's scummy in theory but i do not actually believe them.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:03 am

Post by Datisi »

i now feel like noraa is more town to me than she was yesterday. perhaps it's the sleep making me less paranoid and snappy. i also feel a sense of ~peace~ coming from cakez and gamma? i'll call that a townlean for now.

@baltar/peta: mind talking to me about your unwnd scumpings/vote?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 294, Datisi wrote:i don't get this question? like, scum!midway sees towntisi townreading him, and tries to further pocket by expressing a townread on me - like wdym "how would he know to pocket there" when i expressed a townlean on him a few posts ago?
You essentially TRed mwb for asking the same question you did, but you also had a paranoia there about being pocketed, but how would mwb know you’d ask that question?
<Embrace The Void>

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 296, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 294, Datisi wrote:i don't get this question? like, scum!midway sees towntisi townreading him, and tries to further pocket by expressing a townread on me - like wdym "how would he know to pocket there" when i expressed a townlean on him a few posts ago?
You essentially TRed mwb for asking the same question you did, but you also had a paranoia there about being pocketed, but how would mwb know you’d ask that question?
> midway makes post
> in post , i express a townlean on midway because of
> in post , midway in return townleans me for
> in post , i wonder if was a pocket attempt

what seems to be the issue here? like sure, scum!him didn't make
with the intent
of shoving me into his pocket, but i was proposing a world where scum!midway sees that i'm townleaning him because of it and runs with it. (and not even proposing, i'm not even scumreading midway right now, you know what i mean)
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 295, Datisi wrote:@baltar/peta: mind talking to me about your unwnd scumpings/vote?
Mine was for something very specific I'd rather not expound upon right now unless it seems urgent. Want to let it marinate.

More generally, I don't think unwnd comes out the "winner" in this back and forth with gamma. I'm not certain I find it scummy exactly. Unwnd could be town here who just has very strong viewpoints on how the game should be played. But gamma's explanation feels fairly town to me and unwnd kept pushing like there was something there.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 292, innocentvillager wrote:I will maybe do something sometime
You gonna be one of these posters all game?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”