Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4950 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Hench Princesses »

Spoiler: skitter
like seriously skitter, if you're town, you tunneling me and insisting I'm scum with 0 analysis of my overall play or trajectories because I said "if skitter is townreading me, she's probably scum" and you thinking this was an EXTREME INSULT or something is -- yes, you have been -- *VERY* unreasonable. I actually said I thought you were town, first, but you didn't have a problem with that! I do not care what alignment you have anymore, your insistence that anything I say about you is unfair while you say "HP SCM HP SCM HP SCM" three fucking times per page is ridiculous. DO I SEEM INFORMED ABOUT YOUR ALIGNMENT, SKITTER? REALLY?

I am praying you flip scum, that's all I'm gonna say more on that

-E
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4951 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 5726, Something_Smart wrote:
Yo Brian, did you ever explain why you activated the second turnstile when you did? Why not do it at the start of the day?
Why would I do it at the start of the game?

I wasn't sure what to do with my ability when I got it because I wasn't sure what the point of turnstiling was or if I even wanted players to change threads. I thought the idea of yeeting scummy players out of our thread seemed interesting, but there wasn't really a point in activating it if the other side doesn't cooperate. My role also doesn't change if I turnstile, so there's the possibility I could've just went to the other side and activated it over there.

If your thread was against it, then it mostly just comes down to 'do we need the extra turnstile today or not' and 'do I really think any of these players need and/or deserve to turnstile today'.

I actually had no idea how my ability would work once I activated it. It just said it works like the regular public turnstile and that it would be in my current timestream, so I assumed we could have two wagons at the same time or something.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4952 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

Elimination Votecount 2.12

Titus (4) - Brian Skies, Gypyx, Annie Edison, Dunnstral
Bell (1) - Spiffeh
Brian Skies (1) - Titus
Gypyx (1) - Bell
Dunnstral (1) - Hench Princesses

Not voting (1) - zMuffinMan

(expired on 2021-01-04 12:54:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Bell is V/LA through Tuesday.
Titus is V/LA through Wednesday.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4953 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:39 am

In post 4949, Annie Edison wrote:I’m not asking to figure out who you are but I’m curious

How do you and skitter normally do reading each other? Butt heads as town, accurate, etc?
I'd say this is pretty typical at this point
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4954 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:41 am

In post 5731, skitter30 wrote:all of the times i'm calling you scum is because your takes and trajectories and reads are awful
WHAT TAKES? WHAT TRAJECTORIES?

WE AGREE ON ALMOST EVERY FUCKING READ IN BOTH TIMELINES!
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4955 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:47 am

In post 5734, skitter30 wrote:most recently this ... dunn is easily one of the towniest people in your thread ...
NO SHIT? Fucking everyone in my thread is townie skitter. Unless it's just muffin, everyone in my thread is like lightyears outside of their scum range.

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE SCUM IS

if I did, this game would not be pissing me off

You think it's me. GOOD FOR YOU. I know it's not me, SO IT HAS TO BE SOMEONE ELSE. Probably TWO PEOPLE. It's very likely one of those scum is REALLY TOWNIE

you whining about me thinking it COULD be Dunn is not helpful.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4956 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 5737, Something_Smart wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but you activated it before claiming, right?

I would expect that the two ways to play the role would be to (a) use it immediately so the town can play around its existence or (b) hold on to it and try to use it when it will actually be useful. But if you were doing (b), there seems to be little downside to claiming first and asking if people think you should use it immediately (if you judge that it might be useful, as you evidently did).
I softed it or heavily indicated it to the point that it was basically hardclaimed before I activated it.

I could have claimed it from the get go, but I don't really think that's necessary. Yes, I could've claimed first, but I think it's more interesting to see what people think and how they react to it if they don't, and I can easily get their opinions on things through discussion. It's also less likely for people to just be like 'oh there's no way that claim is scum' or 'oh there's no way that claim is town'. I don't really want other people to read me that way.

I can also decide whether I want to use my ability or if I want to go a different route depending on how the game plays out.

Like, if no one even wanted to turnstile Day 1 or there wasn't a need to turnstile, do we even need an extra one?

I don't really see a reason to give scum free information on an ability that town doesn't absolutely need to know about (and I didn't really think it was some super amazing ability when I got it anyway; still don't).
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4957 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 am

In post 5738, skitter30 wrote:you voted dunn tho ...
>You agree with me that Titus/Brian could VERY LIKELY be TvT. If Titus is scum she like, put in an amount of effort I have never, ever seen from her before as scum. And if it's Brian, then I guess he's scum with LLD and isn't very invested in his theater. WHOOPS. Still townread him anyway!

>I know it is NOT ME

>If it's muffin, he's actively shutting down the dumb shit ceph is spewing in your thread, so if he's town, he's a voice of reason I desperately need right now
>if it's GX, he's like parroting my talking points and trying to buddy me, but if he's town, he's insane lynchbait
>if it's Spiffeh, he's perfectly mirrored his trajectory on me from the last time we were t/t, and if he's town, flipping him would be killing a TPR the day he's going over to get activated right after we have a claimed doc that can protect him
>if it's Annie, then he came up with the inverted PT conspiracy theory just so that he'd have an insane thought process to showcase
>if it's Brian, he has a role that I think should be like quasi-IC off setup spec and I got trolled by my own setup spec, and I guess he's like scum with LLD and didn't have very convincing theater or something

Given these points, it is very likely that scum has tried to pocket me in some way, which is insane because if titus is scum she pushed me today and then towncased me! That's pretty fucking atypical for scum titus! Her refutation of Brian's case initially was pretty bad, but her towncase wallpost is not something I've seen from her as scum before!

or MAYBE it could be Dunn! who seemed to tick the boxes for sheeping me (on setup spec), argued that bell was scum off play but not role (which sounds like an argument scum would make), and whose predecessor could have plausibly used the appearance of a TvT fight with me as a cover for a scum replaceout. I am WELL AWARE that unwnd's play was considered EXTREMELY TOWN, and it is MORE LIKELY than NOT that I am WRONG

BUT I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO CONSIDER DUNN, SKITTER, BECAUSE THERE ARE THINGS ABOUT HIS SLOT THAT CONTINUE TO BOTHER ME. He is one of the towniest slots in the game! AND HE STILL COULD BE SCUM!

SO maybe BACK OFF and focus on your own thread? IMAGINE A FUCKING WORLD WHERE I'M TOWN AND AM TRYING TO PUT UP WITH YOU. IMAGINE THAT WORLD FOR A MINUTE
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4958 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Effort != town.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4959 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 5727, petapan wrote:
In post 5694, Deacon Blues wrote:peta what do you love about brian's titus case?

-b
the part about going along with the pooky turnstile then trying to paint it as somehow scum driven in particular is like, sum going with the flow then trying to blame people for it afterward. the bad sheepvote on hench's muffin case that wasn't very good, the continued nonsensical push on brian that doesn't seem to have a basis other than conspiracy theory level setup spec reasoning and seems to have been timed to brian starting to suspect her

the early stuff about potential distancing is w/e but i think if you look at it in total it doesn't look like a believable scumhunting process, people just go "ohh that crazy titus" but like, i don't think there's a single read there that is good to me. (the early scumread on muffin was particularly bad but gave it a pass at the time). also the number of scumreads on our thread is kind of ??? because i certainly can hardly process the other thread except to occasionally idly snipe at people, i don't buy having that many reads on us.

then titus comes back with shit like this
In post 4610, Titus wrote:Why didn't we eliminate pisskop and turnstyle shellyc? Because scum are using the turnstyle mechanic to rescue scum.
and is trying to string up
Brian
for it when
she voted for those turnstiles and Brian did not
. it's crap and an obvious reach

also searched my soul and while i feel like there's a decent chance a pisskop elim is what scum wants from us, it's probably beneficial to do it anyway and sooner is better than later; i'm just not going to delude myself into thinking it's likely to be a hit

UNVOTE: pisskop
In post 5696, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 5677, midwaybear wrote:I feel the sentiment behind 5675 :lol:
also; i don't see scum midway comfortable enough in his own skin to just casually "i am feeling his post" me here; he probably either ignores it or engages me on the fact that i've quite obviously drawn no useful conclusion from it

this sort of stuff adds up and i keep seeing it from him

-b
i would agree with this, i think in general in general his posts show a lack of nervousness which is town for him

back to post restricting myself, got caught up in the energy of yesterday and was spoiling for a fight because i was bored

1/10
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4960 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't really know why you're so desperate to cling onto your Titus townread.
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4961 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:11 am

In post 4958, Brian Skies wrote:Effort != town.
I am aware. I even was like, "hey there was a time Titus as scum was like caught and tried to pocket someone right" and I went back and reread that game and it was *not this*. She did do it, but it was like 3 posts and extremely lazy and only relied on AtE

Her response to your case was bad enough that I can see worlds where she flips scum, but the idea that I misflip her the first time we have *ever* found each other as town is like... a really fucking aggravating thought
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4962 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'll take the blame for it if I'm wrong.

But I'm also taking all the credit for it if I'm right.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4963 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, I can share credit with Gyx and Peta.
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4964 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:13 am

In post 4960, Brian Skies wrote:I don't really know why you're so desperate to cling onto your Titus townread.
you are unaware of how many thousands of posts I have dealt with of Titus pushing me as scum in scenarios where I was town and knew she was town, yes

I just really don't want her to flip scum after that wall. I WANT TO BELIEVE
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4965 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

And Ceph.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4966 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 4964, Hench Princesses wrote:I WANT TO BELIEVE
I'm giving you a new thing to believe in.

And that's flipping scum.
Hench Princesses
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Hench Princesses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4967 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:16 am

I'm gonna give you props for that Brian, that's a solid line
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4968 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Bell »

Lots of solid Brian lines on this page.

I am actually.
Pretty okay with my gyphx vote and continue not to see the town gyphx thing even though he's helping save my doctor's ass which is probably EV.
Maybe I'm just jealous that the world seems so clear cut to him.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4969 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Bell »

I'm still struggling to see the Titus scum angle.
While she was in danger, I don't think it was to the extent that she needed to counter punch like this it's just extremely weird.
This is pretty in line with my understanding of Titus town from the 3rd party game.

I feel like all the weirdness is too much weird to be coming from scum.
Or at least all the weirdness should be investigated one post at a time because it should*
help us figure out if she's town or not.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4970 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Bell »

We still have a few days, I know that the precipice is bothering people (the precipice being the uncertainty and the general, overall townieness of the remaining players in their own little idiosyncratic ways), but I think we're actually beter served b patience here, even though I know Mena, was like the faster town moves the more likely they are to win, it still feels sort of reductionist here especially.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4971 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Bell »

Doing stuff is a pain, but also, not doing stuff makes things worse.
So, I'm actually not sure how to approach the Titus questioning.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4972 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4969, Bell wrote:I'm still struggling to see the Titus scum angle.
While she was in danger, I don't think it was to the extent that she needed to counter punch like this it's just extremely weird.
This is pretty in line with my understanding of Titus town from the 3rd party game.

I feel like all the weirdness is too much weird to be coming from scum.
Or at least all the weirdness should be investigated one post at a time because it should*
help us figure out if she's town or not.
what's the 3rd party game you mention? and also i disagree, too scummy to be scum shouldn't be considered, especially when there's no good point aside from that (my PoV at least)

pedit :who's Mena?
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #4973 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Bell »

I'm absolutely not saying too scummy to be scum here.

Weird does not equal scum, I want to see if she has good explanations for each weirdness presented.
In the same way, that I did when I got questioned earlier (Yes, I know it was a a big pill[lol] to swallow but I also sufficiently explained which things were intentional crumbs and which were entirely not meant to be crumbs just from the simple, I'll tell the truth angle rather than just say whatever's convenient angle).

Menalque? I never did get to spelling his name right.
Mostly because I know it pisses him off as a running gag from I guess Datasi?

Mystery box of silver six.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4974 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4973, Bell wrote:I'm absolutely not saying too scummy to be scum here.

Weird does not equal scum, I want to see if she has good explanations for each weirdness presented.
In the same way, that I did when I got questioned earlier (Yes, I know it was a a big pill[lol] to swallow but I also sufficiently explained which things were intentional crumbs and which were entirely not meant to be crumbs just from the simple, I'll tell the truth angle rather than just say whatever's convenient angle).

Menalque? I never did get to spelling his name right.
Mostly because I know it pisses him off as a running gag from I guess Datasi?

Mystery box of silver six.
well, it's basically the same concept right? too scummy to be scum, to weird to be scum, i don't see a difference and if you do i'd love to see it bell boi

and i still don't get the menalque stuff lol
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”