Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That's an interesting concept, since one of my shortcomings as a player is I sometimes let emotions get in the way of solving
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:34 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Sometimes you just need to take a step back.
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Are you open to executing Lunar instead of bugs today, NPOM?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:37 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Not right now. Maybe later depending.

GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:39 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 1.14

Lunar Martian(4)
~ (5), (26), (48), (61)

bugspray(4)
~ (120), (91), (18), (113)
Trendall(2)
~ (68), (49)
OutWorldER(2)
~ (33), (39)
NoPowerOverMe(1)
~ (66)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-01 11:27:58)

FLAVOR
frame 13 out of 19035
GeorgeBailey
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Lunar Martian
(4) ~
AGamblingPig
(5), Galron(26),
bugspray
(48), Frogsterking(61)
bugspray
(4) ~ NoPowerOverMe(120), Luca Blight(91), OutWorldER(18), Gamma Emerald(113)
NoPowerOverMe, OutWorldER, Trendall (5) ~ Grendel(68),
Lunar Martian
(49), Trendall(33), Momrangal(39), Amélie(66)

The current BWs look like this after combining the three smaller wagons into one larger one and coloring in my scum reads.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 750, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's an interesting concept, since one of my shortcomings as a player is I sometimes let emotions get in the way of solving
I mean I believe that and maybe SOME of your emotions can also be used as a resource for solving. I started thinking this way after I combed through my last game which had you, charmander/shelly, and geraintm as the scum team. I noticed that Looker and I both had unusual anger reactions to geraintm after roughly a couple weeks of time each. I formed this theory based off that observation. I've also read somewhere that our intuitive voice is the childish voice inside our head but I don't remember where.

Solving systematically with a clear mind = deductive reasoning.

Solving based on our subconscious = intuition.

This is a 2 minute video from psychologist Jung that helped the concept click for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Fw-YpHoU8

I think Jung's ideas of sensing vs intuition (which the MBTI personality test is loosely based off of) manifest themselves in the OCEAN model as conscientiousness and openness, which have actually been found to have a negative correlation. Based on what I've learned so far I believe a high conscientiousness is better suited for deductive reasoning by temperament and high openness is better suited for intuition by temperament.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 142, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 138, Amélie wrote:
In post 100, Galron wrote:
In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:By the way I think for Day 1 I want to try to townblock and have a group of voices I trust to bounce ideas off of
I'm not getting anything out of the personality testing. I think we should go back to this.
I consider this a clear stance of siding with NoPowerOverMe and I'm not sure how to word this but "weakening" Frogsterking and his unique approach to mafia. I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment and I'll have to continue thinking about it.
I’m not entirely a fan of this. I think Galron’s post was rather constructive, since rather than just downtalk frog’s idea, he also uplifted my own, so I think Galron has good motives rn. Also Galron seems to be limbaity from my last game with him, so I’d be wary of those pushing him.
VOTE: Amelie
In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, Grendel wrote:. i typically find scum more likely to lurk after submitting responses to the questions until somebody else gets the game out of the "random" phase. Usally because they both dont know how to move out of that stage naturally, and dont have the motivation to try.
I think this is a good evaluation of the idea behind it, at least for the short term “reading people directly off of responses” tactic

Btw about the activity read discussion, I think any scumteam worth their salt would have someone trying to get their foot in the door if the {Gamma, Grendel, Galron, NPOM, frogster} set is all-town
Amelie’s attack on the block kinda feels that way.
In post 240, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Amelie’s recent effort seems decent.
VOTE: bugspray
Let’s whack some weeds, shall we?
In post 261, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kinda been distracted, I noticed someone asked me a question, I’ll get to it today in a few hours most likely
In post 744, Gamma Emerald wrote:Amelie's takes bother the crap out of me
Amelie what do you tend to look for when reading people? I asked you a similar question earlier but I don't recall an answer.
In post 746, Gamma Emerald wrote:I acknowledge that but I feel like I might just be disliking her for having different methods to me
In post 750, Gamma Emerald wrote:That's an interesting concept, since one of my shortcomings as a player is I sometimes let emotions get in the way of solving

Gamma do you think that your subconscious is telling you that Amelie is full of shit or not?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 95, Amélie wrote:
In post 41, bugspray wrote:@amelie are you a novelty account based off of the movie by the same name?
I was not aware there was a movie called Amélie. I am interested in taking a look at it sometime over break though.
I searched up an OCEAN test and my results were:
83% O
58% C
37.5% E
71% A
46% N
In post 133, Amélie wrote:1. When was the first time you played mafia and do you remember if you liked it?

This is my second game of mafia and my first is ongoing.

2. Why are you playing this current game of mafia now?

I died in my first and had some extra time so I decided to sign up for another.

3. What is your favorite mafia-like game now? (including games like Among Us and Secret Hitler)

I don't play any other mafia like games.

4. How many people would you say you interact with offline on a typical day?

4-5.

5. How many people would you say you interact with online on a typical day?

Not counting the people I interact with offline, around 2-3.
Counting them, 6-8

6. How often do you tell stories?

Never.

7. Do you think that lying is ever OK?

I think there are times when it is fine but those times are pretty rare.

8. Do you lie more often online than offline?

Definitely yes.

9. How good are you at lying?

Not good.

10. Would you rather talk to someone in-person or online?

In person.
Here's her profile.

It's possible that she is attacking players who seem to have authority, that's a subtrait of Openness, a dislike of authority. That would also explain why she appears disagreeable rather than agreeable in this game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 757, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 142, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 138, Amélie wrote:
In post 100, Galron wrote:
In post 16, Gamma Emerald wrote:By the way I think for Day 1 I want to try to townblock and have a group of voices I trust to bounce ideas off of
I'm not getting anything out of the personality testing. I think we should go back to this.
I consider this a clear stance of siding with NoPowerOverMe and I'm not sure how to word this but "weakening" Frogsterking and his unique approach to mafia. I'm not sure what to make of this at the moment and I'll have to continue thinking about it.
I’m not entirely a fan of this. I think Galron’s post was rather constructive, since rather than just downtalk frog’s idea, he also uplifted my own, so I think Galron has good motives rn. Also Galron seems to be limbaity from my last game with him, so I’d be wary of those pushing him.
VOTE: Amelie
In post 207, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 202, Grendel wrote:. i typically find scum more likely to lurk after submitting responses to the questions until somebody else gets the game out of the "random" phase. Usally because they both dont know how to move out of that stage naturally, and dont have the motivation to try.
I think this is a good evaluation of the idea behind it, at least for the short term “reading people directly off of responses” tactic

Btw about the activity read discussion, I think any scumteam worth their salt would have someone trying to get their foot in the door if the {Gamma, Grendel, Galron, NPOM, frogster} set is all-town
Amelie’s attack on the block kinda feels that way.
In post 240, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Amelie’s recent effort seems decent.
VOTE: bugspray
Let’s whack some weeds, shall we?
In post 261, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kinda been distracted, I noticed someone asked me a question, I’ll get to it today in a few hours most likely
In post 744, Gamma Emerald wrote:Amelie's takes bother the crap out of me
Amelie what do you tend to look for when reading people? I asked you a similar question earlier but I don't recall an answer.
In post 746, Gamma Emerald wrote:I acknowledge that but I feel like I might just be disliking her for having different methods to me

Gamma do you think that your subconscious is telling you that Amelie is full of shit or not?
My gut reaction when seeing Amelie's posting is distaste, so yes.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Based on her test and her behavior I believe Amelie is extraordinarily high in this subtrait of openness:

"Liberalism. Psychological liberalism refers to a readiness to challenge authority, convention, and traditional values. In its most extreme form, psychological liberalism can even represent outright hostility toward rules, sympathy for law-breakers, and love of ambiguity, chaos, and disorder. Psychological conservatives prefer the security and stability brought by conformity to tradition. Psychological liberalism and conservatism are not identical to political affiliation, but certainly incline individuals toward certain political parties. Your level of liberalism is $flev[18]. "

http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/j/5 ... tions.html

I seem to be thinking this alone wouldn't cause you distaste because you also seem very liberal, Gamma.

I'm looking at the second half of Amelie's questionnaire with a little twinkle in my eye now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That would be a very accurate assessment of my personality in that department
<Embrace The Void>

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@All

In a hypothetical scenario where both Lunar and Amelie are scum, does it make more or less sense to you that bugspray is the third???
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think that makes plenty of sense
<Embrace The Void>

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:10 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

To you, what is the probability that the townblock is 100% town?

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Frogsterking »

My current solves:

lunar/bugs/pig

lunar/bugs/Amelie

Unlikely alt theory based on pigs post and a hypothetical pig scum flip and Lunar town flip:

pigs/Momrangal/bugs
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 764, NoPowerOverMe wrote:To you, what is the probability that the townblock is 100% town?
lol
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Datisi »

ORAM replaces AGamblingPig.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Galron »

I don't think game solving on Day 1 is all that helpful. It's more distracting than anything. Let's get an elimination and a night under our belts and then assess where we're at.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Galron »

Can we consolidate on Lunar and Bugspray? I'm less convinced that Bugs is scum than Lunar, but there seems to be a lack of focus and we need to elim someone. My take on Bugs is pure meta. I haven't seen anything different from them this game than others I've been in with them. They're almost always on the rack early game -- it's a style thing with Bugs I think. Lunar, on the other hand, just feels scummy to me, a dose of AtE along with caught in the headlights.
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 705, Frogsterking wrote:You know Luca I was thinking about your case and I actually don't believe the meta change is AI, I think Lunar did better in the Newbie game because he was only in one game and the other players were new.
And there are fewer players (9 instead of 13 makes a huge difference), there are different players, it's an open setup, the roles are more basic, it took place at a different time in their life.....
Trendall
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Trendall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Trendall »

In post 768, Galron wrote:I don't think game solving on Day 1 is all that helpful. It's more distracting than anything. Let's get an elimination and a night under our belts and then assess where we're at.
Yeah the fact that people spend 30 pages on day one rather than the four or so that it deserves is so weird to me.
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

ORAM
She/Her
Mashterstroke

Mashterstroke

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by ORAM »

UNVOTE:

Was following this game before replacing in, so that's cool. Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think Lunar is especially likely to be scum. The wagon on them seems to be more motivated by them not getting along well with people here than by them being scummy. I don't see scum so blatantly drawing attention to themselves, especially if they have a nervous personality. I don't like the wagon either. Galron and Bugspray's votes both feel like "well here's a wagon, might as well vote it," and then there's frogster. I don't like how they've been convinced Lunar is scum since Lunar's first post and haven't wavered since, even as they reevaluate every other slot. It all feels like an inertia wagon.

I'm not
completely
sold on Bugspray being scum either, but I like their wagon comp a lot better. I think NPOM and Luca are town. Gamma too, with the caveat that I've read a lot of games he's been in and liked his posting regardless of alignment. OutWorldER is a big ??? because so few posts, but their vote here feels... fine? I kinda like it, but can't find the words to say why. My only doubts are because I get the feeling that the inconsistencies in their thought process and read progression might actually just be their personality.

Why the hell did this post take me like 2 hours to write, what the hell. I don't really have a strong impression on Grendel, Trendall, Mom, or Amélie, and will work on them next time.

@Luca (and anyone else with Bugs meta): Do you think bugs' scummy-looking behavior could be their personality, or am I off base?

@Frogster: Do you want me to do that OCEAN thing? What do you think the odds are that Lunar is town with unusual temperament versus pretty obvious scum? Also, can you walk me through the progression there? It's not super clear where and why they became your most consistent scumread.
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

I should maybe clarify that a lot of what is coming across as me being temperamental is mostly me being sarcastic. ORAM is town here.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

ORAM looks scummy, Trendall is advocating an anti - town mindset.

@ORAM

Yes, yes, early RVS read > terrible reaction > unwillingness to engage > process of elimination > pisses me off.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”