Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7825 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6289, Annie Edison wrote:I’m in this weird state where I both want to trust deacon but purge Cabd with fire. I don’t discount he might look just like Xeno, but with the gamestate as it is, with this core, we’re just so off base there HAS to be scum in the bloc. And I’m trying to work with deacon as they still are my strongest townread, and they’ve asked me to pump the brakes on it.

But no. Especially given the information on how his role works, I would very easily believe it’s a scum role. He chose to communicate with imperium and deacon, yes, but as I’ve said already I still firmly believe that Cabd would LOVE the opportunity to snow them and the continued opportunity to snow them via Dunn’s neighborhood. Wrt Dunn I’ve hated his pushes on bell and me but feel like he’s in an echo chamber so it’s understandable. I don’t think he’s scum for the pushes but they just don’t feel kosher?

I know deacon said bell was fanning my paranoia regarding the interaction but I don’t think scum bell would KNOW to fan my paranoia without being coached on that regarding them? And I still struggle to see scum in his day one play. I can maybe see the argument about his AtE and willingly sowing discord but I don’t feel like that even became a thing until the push on him, and I had the same reaction without him even being able to have any bearing on my alignment.

I even had those suspicions about you and super bowls swap that now skitter, who I’ve been toe to toe with all game, is echoing. It’s just all sorts of fucking weird.

I know you want a full case but I don’t have the time for it right now. It’s going off of my read of the gamestate
well, sorry that it took me so long to come around, as i agree with literally all fo this
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7826 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

cakez hasn't been around to approve my post about dandelion fwiw but

@annie you and ffery really need to work that read out imo. I'm accepting that we can be wrong on it, but she feels very strongly and that should mean something

-b
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Dandelion Wine
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Dandelion Wine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7827 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Dandelion Wine »

In post 6294, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 7777, Dandelion Wine wrote:i can't really answer this as i've barely been involved in any mechanical decisions, it is not my forte
What? What does me scumreading the Owl have to do with mechanics?
i mean, anything about who to send over when i haven't really cared about
-ceph
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7828 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

if there's one thing i completely agree w/ you on Annie is that Bell is town

but even ffery does not share that sentiment with me, so you really need to realize that there is a distinct possibility that there is a town player that is wrong about Bell

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7829 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6298, Annie Edison wrote:I told you throughout this I still think you two are town. And yeah, maybe Ffery does but unless my memory is failing me, those cogs were sent in motion by someone else.
ffery's thoughts are not slaved to whatever cabd dictates. they bounce ideas off each other and yes, i'm aware that he's potentially influencing our reads (it's one of the reasons i kind of ditched the hood - that's not a knock against him but at best it's an echo chamber and at worst, well, yeah) but she's more than capable of having an independent thought about a slot too and you need to reconcile that with your "cabd is pushing bell therefore scum" thought

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7830 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7766, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7757, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:the purple room keeps being put to use in ways that just isn't helping town? the obvious egregious example is spiffeh + superbowl. at the start of day2 cabd came in and was like 'we did something mysterious that is going to help town loads! we need to purple room superbowl and spiffeh' and it eventually unfolded that this was because there was a Super Secret Turnstile in the purple room and they would get to turnstile. i don't remember offhand the reasoning they gave for superbowl (strong pr?) and the reasonign for spiffeh iirc was 'imperium wasn't townrading them that strongly and we wanted to make sure we helped clear the forward thread if possible'. so that would imply that they had some suspicion of spiffeh and the fact that turnstiling him would activate his pr is a nice plus.
my understanding was, they both wanted to be turnstiled, so we could turnstile them, hooray. i was admittedly not paying the most attention ever. i don't know that i see what is so heinously mechanically incorrect about this but i haven't finished reading your post
-ceph
i very, very, very distinctly remember either your slot or deacon justifying sending spiffeh over because they were a lower tier townread and they thougth it would help with the 'clearing the forward thread of scum' thing. i will quote the post momentarily

and it's nto that it's mechanically incorrect, per se, so much as it hasn't actually helped town in any apprciable way. if you disagree with my assessment i would like you to explain how you think it helped.
before you tell me 'we activated prs', i will point out that both said people are actively scumread in their respective threads so who's to say that either of them are town.
I was pushing a superbowl/spiffeh purple room turnstile because that's what NachoTammy wanted in our N1 discussion. If that turns out to have been an error - a fact no in evidence currently - then it's on me.

I paraphrased the n1 purple room conversations wrt to Imperium, and I pushed hard for what they wanted to happen on day 2.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7831 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7817, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7815, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7807, Firebringer wrote:this skitter/deacon/dandellion stuff is a distraction methinks
disagree; i don't like skitter's responses to pretty much anything here, i think she's moving a lot of goalposts and supporting conclusions that don't follow from her original premises and trying to distract us w/ solicitations for reasons so that she can argue us in a loop and prompt responses like yours

-b
okay u guys do that

VOTE: all

i am gonna go play some assassins creed
do you just want pooky today?
has your skitter read cooled to the point where you think it's actively bad?
what about LLD's insistence that the slot is town?

I'm getting to the point, somehow, that you are one of the people in the thread that i trust more, so i just want some clarity on what you think is the right thing here

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7832 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7806, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7802, Deacon Blues wrote:pooky cooks a mean motherfucking ribeye i saw pics so he'd better get this right

-b
I cook steaks to blue and sear each slice depending on the preference of the person eating it.

I'm also made of stuffing so I'm not sure you would want to eat me.
<3

New York extra rare for me please.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7833 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok. if your slot (i.e. deacon blue) is set on this i'm really not gonna fight you two abt it much more than this.
at one point in my mafia career, i cared very much about putting up more of a fight but i don't care as much anymore.

i would ask that if this ultimately goes to a flip, that you rethink your hard townread on dandelion post my flip - it'll be lylo (or mylo at the very least depending on how the other thread goes). it'll probably be close to impossible to do anything at that point, but expecting you to actually rethink the read prior to that is probably too much of an ask, but i'm hoping in lylo you reassess, i feel like i need to at least make some attempt at pointing you in the right direction.

and rethink the whole circlejerk think in the future, cuz i think that no matter what the alignments of your slot and dandelion, it actively screwed over this game from a town perspective and it had a very obvious and noticeable negative affect on this game. this may only be obvious to you after the game ends, but it's dead obvious to me now, and i can write a list of like five or six reasons for how this screwed with things. and once again, the fact that i'm being earnest here may only be obvious later, but there are multiple other people who feel the same way, so i'm hoping that you can take this into consideration in future. and putting aside the efficacy of how much it helps town and whatever, it also just makes it just plain unfun to play with you.

bork i absolutely will come back and pull the 'i told you so' thing if i'm right here, just fair warning.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7834 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 6301, Annie Edison wrote:Okay, Bork. I still think it’s overall weird skitter somehow got to the same conclusion as me despite how adamant she was about me.
i literally had no idea you came to this conclusion lol
Show
Hiatus once more.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7835 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

cakez approved:

ok townread on dandelion in a nutshell:

1) actively campaigned to involve us and nacho-tammy, the people most likely to eventually catch on to cabd scum, in their parlor at every occasion. Now you can say this was just to dunk on us later but that's a pretty big fucking risk to me. Also telegraphed their role to us D1 by mentioning going full "Flavor Leaf" - referencing Xenoblade where Flavor had the role that they have this game.

2) purple room n1 paraphrase:
cabd, apropos of nothing starts screwing around w/ tammy with saying he's scum w/ us and they're gonna nk ffery; ffery joins in on the joke, and tammy, well, gets upset and clams up, and cabd spends the rest of the time apologizing about the joke, and if that was faked then he gets both a Scummie for realizing ffery was going to play along and an Oscar for making me believe it. Both hoods really are full of a lot of reactions at various points when shit gets crunchy that seem like legitimate emotive points that just seem extremely natural to me. Other than that the hoods have been solve solve solve solve; the only time i get weird on it is when the hood play starts to take the place of the thread play during the day, but I'm largely attributing that as "this place exists as a haven" thing; even took me a while to realize that wasn't particularly healthy for the game (if this were a masonry, i'd feel differently and tell y'all to fuck off when you want us to be more direct about shit)

3) ceph seemed overwhelmingly town on d1 - very gut but gave warm fuzzies and kept me back from the edge a few times

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7836 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7833, skitter30 wrote:bork i absolutely will come back and pull the 'i told you so' thing if i'm right here, just fair warning.
i will take it with grace

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7837 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7835, Deacon Blues wrote:scum w/ us and they're gonna nk tammy

ebwop, mistyped that

-b
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7838 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7835, Deacon Blues wrote:i get weird on it is when the hood play starts to take the place of the thread play during the day, but I'm largely attributing that as "this place exists as a haven" thing; even took me a while to realize that wasn't particularly healthy for the game (if this were a masonry, i'd feel differently and tell y'all to fuck off when you want us to be more direct about shit)
oh ffs and when i complain abt it i'm being unreasonable ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7839 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

?????
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7840 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by petapan »

im going to be honest here im not sure the idea of being in a hood with tammy being risky for scum is borne out by reality
free crypto
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7841 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

nevermind i get it

but like, i feel like you're just using it as a vehicle to just say we're not doing shit and then disengage

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7842 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7840, petapan wrote:im going to be honest here im not sure the idea of being in a hood with tammy being risky for scum is borne out by reality
tammy, nacho, ffery, and me

-b
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7843 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

you (collective you) have been giving me shit for saying that for like two weeks now?
and that's literally what i've been going on and on and on about all night. the fact that it's annoying af that most of your solving is not here, it's taking place in the hood.
you recognize it's not healthy for the game. i've been vocalizing that for a very very very long time
and at the same time you object to the fact that i dont' like that you're not solving here.

like ...
you're recognizing the issue. it's the same issue that i pointed out, that in this thread your two slots are not really solving, but that you have been together in the hood.
yet you've been fighting with me abt saying this for the last 5 hours like ffs
Show
Hiatus once more.

Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7844 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7840, petapan wrote:im going to be honest here im not sure the idea of being in a hood with tammy being risky for scum is borne out by reality
and is this you saying i'm wrong or what was the point of this cut in?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7845 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6298, Annie Edison wrote:I told you throughout this I still think you two are town. And yeah, maybe Ffery does but unless my memory is failing me, those cogs were sent in motion by someone else.
Hello, let's talk.

~drunkffairlylit
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7846 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7843, skitter30 wrote:and at the same time you object to the fact that i dont' like that you're not solving here.
posting in a hood is not equivalent to not solving here and i'm literally done talking about this; it is on record that you don't think i'm doing fuckall to solve the game because there exists a neighborhood that i am part of, noted, move on

-b
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7847 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

k
Show
Hiatus once more.

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7848 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Imagine if this is TvT
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7849 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7842, Deacon Blues wrote:
tammy, nacho, ffery, and me

-b
2 years ago, Nacho talked about how incredibley difficult it would have been for me to have drawn scum against him, tammy and Gif in my first game back to MS after a hiatus*

He said that me trying to meet all three expectations, which involved in 3 different methodologies involved in reading me would have made my entrance into the game extremely EXTREMELY well thought out and cautious.

(I was town and entered the game artlessley but this isn't apropos of anything)

The same issues would apply to ceph/cabd entering a neighborhood with me/bork/nacho/tammy.

Four different read methodologies. And all four cleared basically on page 1-2 of a 27 page neighborhood.

Could we have all been wrong?

Yeah...maybe.

But why set up that kind of test, especially just to nk the IMPORTANT leg of the tripod?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”