Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1872, Noraa wrote:I wasn't always like this.
But when you die far too many games day 1 because of meta reasons, it does take a toll on ur play style.

I started off my time on this site with three scum games and from there everyone just kept thinking I was scum ... I suppose out of fear? But that lead to way too many mislims in a row and I'm very sick and tired of it.

Whenever I'm nice and mellow, people take advantage of it and I just die a flashwagon. What do you want me to do?
Don't focus too much on people pushing you and focus on other players. You have good scumhunting skills; use them instead of getting winded up on people you won't be able to read 'cause you're being pushed by them. At least if you die and flip green you'll leave us with good inputs to follow. It's a team game after all
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1629, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 1622, Spring Breeze wrote:- murdersunny; i have seen murdercat in other games though and he generally has a lot to say. the fact he's popped in a few times and said he's had nothing to say/nothing is happening feels strange because i almost feel like he wouldn't be able to contain his opinions as town if he's town. the change in playstyle is leantown, but it also lets him get away with not offering opinions. i'm fully open to looking at his case though
Noo don't be scum Kanna :cry:

My heart </3
i don't understand this. is this a serious play at SRing Spring/kanna because they criticized you
In post 1660, Something_Smart wrote:Why would I fake a read as scum this early in the game?
this is such a logic fail
why would scum fake reads?
hmm I wonder
This is an example of the kind of inane stuff that fills S_S's ISO
In post 1662, Cheetory6 wrote:Hi everyone it's time to eject the impostor please place your votes on I guess it would be light blue given his avatar.
Thanks Cheet <3
In post 1679, Zaiden wrote:Also when you talk about wanting to focus Jake or S_S, what do you (and other people) generally make of the possibility that Cakez was trying to pocket me? Unwarranted paranoia from Team Team Team Team Team or genuine ground for that to be a possibility? I'm generally reading you as less scummy now but the way you haven't really engaged with that angle when I've spoken about it (you bad cop Cakez good cop scum buddy routine) is making me wonder if you're intentionally avoiding it.
I like that Zaiden is acknowledging I could be scum trying to pocket him and is pushing on that accordingly. I don't think he would go this route as scum, it just doesn't make sense to antagonize someone who is defending you.
In post 1688, Zaiden wrote:On Pooky, do other people think scum!Pooky is more likely to sit back or more likely to control the game? I haven't sensed vibes from Pooky trying to control discourse, but I reckon there are other low key ways of controlling the game (really influencing 1-3 individuals and I get the feeling if Pooky was influencing anyone it would be Spring Breeze here) and forming your own bloc. I want more people to talk about Pooky like Spring Breeze does here because I'm not getting a good grasp of Pooky/Spring Breeze here and there's less discussion around them compared to Nora.
Scum Pooky was very much laid-back and not controlling in TENET recently. He seems to be playing to that meta here.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1876, SirCakez wrote:Scum Pooky was very much laid-back and not controlling in TENET recently. He seems to be playing to that meta here.
Two different games. I wouldn't use meta here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Also just an addendum: I'm not pushing SS. I said he was a hot topic on my team, 'cause xtoxm agreed with Maria and Auro has been saying that he wants to throw him in the townbin. I'm in between, nullreading him.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

SirCakez wrote:Cheet I have to say you are much more pleasant to play with this game than previously and I'm happy about that.
Even disregarding the fact that you are not deathtunneling me I think you are much more relaxed and less snarky and it's a lot more fun to play with.
<3

I've definitely had my bad moments this game already, but I do appreciate that you think I'm at least marginally better than I used to be.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1872, Noraa wrote:What do you want me to do?
Yell at people using bad meta, ostensibly. That's an entirely reasonable response to that situation.

...But, that doesn't mean you have to yell at everyone who doesn't townread you, or disagrees with you, or criticizes you.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1875, Pink Ball wrote:Don't focus too much on people pushing you and focus on other players. You have good scumhunting skills; use them instead of getting winded up on people you won't be able to read 'cause you're being pushed by them. At least if you die and flip green you'll leave us with good inputs to follow. It's a team game after all
This is such a lie. When I'm nice and mellow, I always die a flash wagon and then everyone completely forgets about me until post game and I get a puny "sorry" from everyone and then they just do the same fucking thing to me in the next game. None of them fucking learn. No one has fucking learned. And the people that know my meta just let me die and watch. They know I'm town but wtf use is it if I die anyways? I die a day 1/2 flash wagon everytime I'm nice. WTF does this stupid site want me to do. No one gives a shit towards what I say when I'm being nice. I could solve the whole game day 1 and they wouldn't care.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1700, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1687, Cheetory6 wrote:So Jake's engagement this game doesn't feel survivalistic to you without the much needed added component of genuine scumhunting going along with it?
It seems like he's scumhunting just fine to me.

Of course it's survivalistic, but that's not a bad thing. He's clearly been mis-exed before and is wary of it happening again.
This is something I can agree with S_S on. Jake here kinda feels like a beaten puppy who doesn't want to get hit again. Which I find to be more townie.
In post 1712, midwaybear wrote:So did everybody just ignore PrivateI?
I have sorta forgotten about him. Somebody made a decent argument for him being LHF!town iirc? I just don't think he's worth pushing atm. But I will keep him in the back of my mind.
In post 1714, Jingle wrote:I should've specced Tenet, apparently. Seems like everyone in this game was in it.
You should have it was awesomemosewa saw ti evah dluohs uoY
In post 1722, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1718, Jingle wrote:
In post 1715, Noraa wrote:Ur way late. If u wanna read, you'll have approximately 800 pages to catch up.
I reviewed it, but didn't bother reading along after Cakez said he had another backup mod. Did the setup turn out alright?
the scum team spent approximately 500 posts complaining to cakez about how incredibly townsided the setup was
THEY SURE DID
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by SirCakez »

If S_S's Jake discussion is the "content" he's been referring to then I'm not super impressed. Certainly not enough to drop my SR.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1880, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1872, Noraa wrote:What do you want me to do?
Yell at people using bad meta, ostensibly. That's an entirely reasonable response to that situation.

...But, that doesn't mean you have to yell at everyone who doesn't townread you, or disagrees with you, or criticizes you.
Nearly everyone's case on me is meta based and do you know how shitty that reads to me?

Thats the shit that I always die to for STUPID ASS FUCKING REASONS.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1881, Noraa wrote:
In post 1875, Pink Ball wrote:Don't focus too much on people pushing you and focus on other players. You have good scumhunting skills; use them instead of getting winded up on people you won't be able to read 'cause you're being pushed by them. At least if you die and flip green you'll leave us with good inputs to follow. It's a team game after all
This is such a lie. When I'm nice and mellow, I always die a flash wagon and then everyone completely forgets about me until post game and I get a puny "sorry" from everyone and then they just do the same fucking thing to me in the next game. None of them fucking learn. No one has fucking learned. And the people that know my meta just let me die and watch. They know I'm town but wtf use is it if I die anyways? I die a day 1/2 flash wagon everytime I'm nice. WTF does this stupid site want me to do. No one gives a shit towards what I say when I'm being nice. I could solve the whole game day 1 and they wouldn't care.
Did I say "be nice and mellow?" I said keep scumhunting and ignore the ones who are pushing you, 'cause you clearly have a weak spot on people pushing you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:01 pm

In post 1883, SirCakez wrote:If S_S's Jake discussion is the "content" he's been referring to then I'm not super impressed. Certainly not enough to drop my SR.
I mean, all of the things I've said today. It's more than just that. But like, the content being impressive wasn't part of the read... content is content.

(Also, you still haven't said why my content being low is even connected to my alignment.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:02 pm

In post 1884, Noraa wrote:Nearly everyone's case on me is meta based and do you know how shitty that reads to me?

Sure, but my point still stands... being mad about scumreads is different from being mad about nullreads, or about disagreements, or about criticism. You've been responding very negatively to all of that.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1753, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1751, staypositivefriend wrote:something_smart, who do u wanna chop today? where are you immediately looking right now?
I don't know, and I don't especially care. The D1 execution doesn't matter much in the long run, especially in a large.
^ this kind of stuff reads especially scummy to me.
In post 1760, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1624, Spring Breeze wrote:oh no i forgot gamma and PI

i’ll organise my tiers/see if my team updates me on some iso reads i asked them to do tomorrow. it’s so late
Understandable that you forgot me
I might try to put in a little effort today.
I also forgot Gamma was in this game. Not a good sign. I know he's been dealing with stuff irl but he doesn't even seem to be trying.
In post 1766, midwaybear wrote:Nice. My read on Jake is not super confident, but I still think he is a decent wagon. I think Something_Smart's reasons for townreading him are way too forced. A pattern I see a lot is people lower their expectations for LHF players and end up conf biasing a townread on them. I don't really find Jake's early game townie, I didn't find his answers when he interacted with me to be townie, and now he has basically gone not under but off the radar.
By the way, what prompted you to give Jake an ISO SS? Wonder if this is what you normally would do.
I like the logic and scumhunting midway puts in this post. I'm not sure if I agree Jake is a good wagon though.
In post 1775, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1769, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Cakez is scum

I got your TLDR summary right here noraa.
I forgot if I said this earlier but I think this post was pretty scummy. He's taking advantage of Noraa here. He also is not presenting any original scumhunting or content of his own (and hasn't for a while).
In post 1781, Gypyx wrote:also just passing by cuz i though about something, but guys pls refrain your urge to massclaim, like, it always ends up being bad for town
Scummy LAMIST post. This is like a textbook scumtell.
In post 1783, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1781, Gypyx wrote:also just passing by cuz i though about something, but guys pls refrain your urge to massclaim, like, it always ends up being bad for town
Nobody is talking about claiming though
^^^^
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Noraa »

When I ignore them, they charge at me like morning did like "WHY ARENT YOU FUCKING REPLYING"
If I reply, I'm over defensive.
If I SR someone that previously said they found me slightly scummy, its omgus.
If I talk a little too much, its scum spamming.
If I talk too little, I'm being too quiet and therefore scum.
If I'm not producing content, its scum motivated.
If I'm producing too much content, its not town Noraa because town Noraa likes to fluff.

People keep finding fault in my play style and it is frustrating. The SRs are endless and I explain and more comes. What point is there in trying to work with anyone if the moment I start getting frustrated and flailing, every player on MS is gonna point and call it scum?
That's how it always is and its frustrating.
I have a scummy play style and I get it. But people need to stop tunneling me day 1.
That is NOT the way to sort me because I WILL flail and people will just call it scummy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm

In post 1888, SirCakez wrote:^ this kind of stuff reads especially scummy to me.
Why? It seems to me that it's very clearly a pronouncement of overall game philosophy. Like if this were a lie surely someone who knows me would call me out, no?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1787, Noraa wrote:
In post 1786, staypositivefriend wrote:hey gypyx, can u give me a quick summary of your reads right now? who's maf? who do u wanna chop today? help me see where ur head is at
It's past midnight where he is. Let him rest.
@Noraa why cut in for Gypyx here?
In post 1790, Gypyx wrote:uh fine, really quick though as i really have to sleep

town : cheet / SPF / MWB / gamma?

scum : MariaR / Cakez / Pooky??? (need to read)

Noraa : Noraa

also have a read on murder that i'm not willing to disclose until future events

pedit : ty noraa, very cool
This readslist does not make much sense in the context of both Gypyx's ISO and of the game.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1891, SirCakez wrote:@Noraa why cut in for Gypyx here?
is there a problem?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1887, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1884, Noraa wrote:Nearly everyone's case on me is meta based and do you know how shitty that reads to me?

Sure, but my point still stands... being mad about scumreads is different from being mad about nullreads, or about disagreements, or about criticism. You've been responding very negatively to all of that.
Tbh im 99.99% sure I'd be hammered by now regardless of claim if I didn't get mad. It's happened enough times for me to be sure of it but whatever. Someday I'll figure out a way to not die day 1 and not have to get mad in the process.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Maybe you should try secret alting
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1894, midwaybear wrote:Maybe you should try secret alting
My alts die day 1 too. Its great.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

have you tried playing NM style lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1896, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:have you tried playing NM style lol
Do you want me to die day 0 or something?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1865, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1862, SirCakez wrote:i think you're coasting by and not producing much notable content or scumhunting
What do you consider to be notable content?
Real scumhunting, reads, useful questioning (not the fluffy stuff you've been outputting), etc.
In post 1872, Noraa wrote:I wasn't always like this.
But when you die far too many games day 1 because of meta reasons, it does take a toll on ur play style.

I started off my time on this site with three scum games and from there everyone just kept thinking I was scum ... I suppose out of fear? But that lead to way too many mislims in a row and I'm very sick and tired of it.

Whenever I'm nice and mellow, people take advantage of it and I just die a flashwagon. What do you want me to do?
Noraa I get elimmed CONSTANTLY. I have now been through the AtE gamut of attempts to survive. It didn't work for me. You just have to take these things in stride and move on.
I don't think your current playstyle is helping you get elimmed less. If anything, it's making things worse.
In post 1877, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1876, SirCakez wrote:Scum Pooky was very much laid-back and not controlling in TENET recently. He seems to be playing to that meta here.
Two different games. I wouldn't use meta here.
I can throw out the meta but what do you mean by two different games?
In post 1879, Cheetory6 wrote:
SirCakez wrote:Cheet I have to say you are much more pleasant to play with this game than previously and I'm happy about that.
Even disregarding the fact that you are not deathtunneling me I think you are much more relaxed and less snarky and it's a lot more fun to play with.
<3

I've definitely had my bad moments this game already, but I do appreciate that you think I'm at least marginally better than I used to be.
I mean I can be a huge dick too. We just gotta try to be better.
In post 1881, Noraa wrote:
I think you need to reset your meta because what you have right now is not working.
I will say independently of my meta from earlier (which I now realize was pretty bad) I think you are townish.
In post 1886, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1883, SirCakez wrote:If S_S's Jake discussion is the "content" he's been referring to then I'm not super impressed. Certainly not enough to drop my SR.
I mean, all of the things I've said today. It's more than just that. But like, the content being impressive wasn't part of the read... content is content.

(Also, you still haven't said why my content being low is even connected to my alignment.)
Because low content = less focus on you = not getting elimmed or targeted at night.
In post 1890, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1888, SirCakez wrote:^ this kind of stuff reads especially scummy to me.
Why? It seems to me that it's very clearly a pronouncement of overall game philosophy. Like if this were a lie surely someone who knows me would call me out, no?
Because it's fluffy and the nonchalance gives you an excuse to not scumhunt.
In post 1889, Noraa wrote:When I ignore them, they charge at me like morning did like "WHY ARENT YOU FUCKING REPLYING"
If I reply, I'm over defensive.
If I SR someone that previously said they found me slightly scummy, its omgus.
If I talk a little too much, its scum spamming.
If I talk too little, I'm being too quiet and therefore scum.
If I'm not producing content, its scum motivated.
If I'm producing too much content, its not town Noraa because town Noraa likes to fluff.

People keep finding fault in my play style and it is frustrating. The SRs are endless and I explain and more comes. What point is there in trying to work with anyone if the moment I start getting frustrated and flailing, every player on MS is gonna point and call it scum?
That's how it always is and its frustrating.
I have a scummy play style and I get it. But people need to stop tunneling me day 1.
That is NOT the way to sort me because I WILL flail and people will just call it scummy.
I feel you dude. I feel you.
That's how Mafia and this site are. People will always find ways to scumread you. But you have to move forward and try to work with people. Not murder anyone who looks at you wrong.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1892, Noraa wrote:
In post 1891, SirCakez wrote:@Noraa why cut in for Gypyx here?
is there a problem?
I just thought it was curious. It's not like Gyp needed the help.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”