Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3323, Auro wrote:I think alignment-independent personality reads are somewhat relevant in forming alignment reads and the scenarios where versus are interesting to look at, but perhaps I should shut up about that now
I do agree this is an interesting thing but feel like the gamestate isn’t at a point where it’s clutch enough that it’s worth the risk of making things unpleasant again
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Auro »

I didn't mean your assessment of it was wrong, I meant I think Fire should have more influence than he currently is.
Menalque wrote: I do agree this is an interesting thing but feel like the gamestate isn’t at a point where it’s clutch enough that it’s worth the risk of making things unpleasant again
It's pretty unimportant and yes, that is why I said it's best I shut up about it
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh right

I mean, I would disagree with that so long as he continues to call me scum and one of my aims is to continue sidelining him so long as that continues
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:58 am

Post by Menalque »

Why do you think him having more influence would be good?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:00 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3328, Menalque wrote:Why do you think him having more influence would be good?
Mutual townread, mutual belief of working well together, and I respect his reads.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:03 am

Post by Auro »

Also it's better if all those slots develop higher influence anyway, as that would correct for a deepwolf-dominated game.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:04 am

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count
JohnnyFarrar - 4
(chennisden, Autumn Leaves, Joqiza, Firebringer)
Autumn Leaves - 2
(Auro, Lilith2013)
Menalque - 1
(Mathblade)
Joqiza - 1
(JohnnyFarrar)
Chennisden - 1
(Flopz)
Mathblade - 1
(Menalque)

Not Voting - 0
()

Activity Check - All good!

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to remove politely

Deadline: (expired on 2021-01-31 21:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Menalque »

I thought you were TRing me auro?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:06 am

Post by Menalque »

Oh, I’ve stopped going for pagetops but I can’t resist post 3333
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3332, Menalque wrote:I thought you were TRing me auro?
Yes? I respect Fire's reads, doesn't mean I have to agree with them. I'm trying to convince him against his read on you.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Menalque »

Idk, I guess it just seems weird to me that if you think player A and player B are both town and player A wants to kill player B while player B doesn’t want to kill player A to want player A to be more influential within that gamestate
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:32 am

Post by Auro »

Consider that there's a significant component of personal influence and also that it is unattached to that specific read.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:36 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

What up top wagon. Feeling a little doomed rn. Is anybody wanting to know anything? I get the feeling at this point it'd just be easier to flip me now and deal with the consequences than have this target on my inactive ass.
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Auro »

In post 3337, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Is anybody wanting to know anything?
Mastina reads if she's had a chance to read up.
Would you be able to catch up and form reads?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Menalque »

I mean there’s also interest in infinity or in mathblade (or maybe in me?) so you can try to argue why one of those 3 slots would be a better flip than you or for someone else entirely
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Auro »

What consequences?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Menalque »

He’s clearly softing vengeful
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

Responses in line underlined
In post 3236, joqiza wrote:
In post 3215, MathBlade wrote: (I apologize I did skim this and will look more later when it’s not super late but I did have two questions)

1) Why is this only including some players and not others?
2) Why are you assuming autumn leaves is the elimination and framing it around that instead of who could be scum and/or would elim or would not list? Why does it seem like you’re centering things on sorting autumn?
1) I feel like you asking this implies you haven't read my earlier posts. Read my iso.

As I said earlier RL has bitten me in the butt and I do not have time to do so. So I haven’t. The implication is correct.

2) I don't understand this question. I'm interested in resolving my scumreads because they either flip mafia or give me information to re-evaluate.
This post seems like you’re assuming the gamestate will go that way. This doesn’t take into account namely not elimming AL, and therefore is a lot of words that if we don’t elim AL won’t come into play.

In post 3216, MathBlade wrote:Yeah lots of words in 3193 and it looks like that’s an autumn case but I am way too sleepy to do it justice. I did however skim the post numbers and I wonder if you’re caught up?

You said iirc you read the game but I didn’t see any recent post numbers (I could have missed some and it’s late)

I am curious if you’re not caught up or if that’s a lot of words to look Townie versus being Townie?

I haven’t seen you interact with people (I am sure it’s probably earlier where you have) but it’s been since I have replaced in for you to respond to people J. Not a fan. Would elim.
This post is deeply concerning to me. I'm not sure how to articulate why, but it's probably down to the fact that you 1. acknowledge that there is an earlier part of the game that should lend context to my posts, 2. proceed to ignore that context and say you'd elim me because you think I haven't interacted enough in the brief interim of time since you've subbed in.
On the contrary, I am saying I would look at the context of those prior posts later. What it looks like is that your big catch up all doesn’t include everything despite catching up. I was looking at this close to midnight my time and was more looking for if this could be plausible and worth my time versus an in-depth analysis

Also, your response here to and sounds basically like, "Lots of words..... TOO MANY WORDS???"

There are a few recent post #'s. Those two posts are based off content from the entire game.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

The response of too many words was accurate. It’s something I would need to devote time to versus shorter posts are much faster to evaluate. Eg I am responding at lunch right now so I can do certain things
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3238, Flopz wrote:
In post 3237, joqiza wrote:@Flopz

Can you explain the basis of your Chen scumread? My understanding from reading your posts is that you'd suspected a Chen/Autumn team, as you'd felt they'd moved together. Your progression from, "Chen/Autumn might be a team," to "Chen is scum, but Autumn is town," doesn't feel clear to me.
My reads have been a mess lately lol. As the game went on Infinity started to feel more town to me but I still didn't like the associations between Infinity and Chenn, tho now I feel that it's all from Chenn's side and not Infintiy.
In post 2196, Flopz wrote:The Townlean on Infinity is a work-in-progress, It's like I think he's both Towny and Scummy but in different gamestates and I'm confused and that I'm leaning more towards Mena scum which means that Infinity would be more Towny and idk, lot's of contrasting narratives bubbling away in my head.
I think here is a good explanation on my mind being a tad lost at that time lol

Through that I was feeling more comfortable with my Infinity read but was progressivley not liking Chenn. I think good examples of that was the complete Nothingburger that was Fire v Chenn, I kinda expected that if Chenn was Town he would have actually tried to do something with that but he basically just did nothing, no questions to fire or trying to read him through that, just a smidge of memeing before just disengaging from that. Also, Chenn's push on Lilith about her 'treatment' of me felt reaaly bad faith. Lilith's progression on me has always been pretty clear and she wasn't hiding that she was TRing me when she made that initial vote to bait a wagon. It felt to me that Chenn was making a mountain out of a molehill to throw shade at a pretty townread slot.
Don’t get me wrong, I am glad you’re scumleaning (?) Mena but this feels wrong. Almost nothing is a big “nothing burger” and something can be gleaned from it. I don’t like this and I am going to make a bit to look at that later.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Flopz

This feels like my Menal read is bad not because my prior logic is bad but because your reaction makes me think it’s bad. If Flopz is town then I still think Menal is scum but you ping me something fierce.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:29 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3239, Auro wrote:Chen's individually scummier than AL, but Chen's actions have made sense as an AL partner, don't wagon movements show AL as the better elim though Flopz? (Refer previous arguments this page re: resistance, etc) From that alone I feel AL elim should precede Chennis.
Why are you partner hunting so soon?

One scum at a time then find partners.

Like I get people want to be heroes but seriously we win with a townblock not with this whole A>>B>>C crap. Focus on if A is true first.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3245, Flopz wrote:
In post 3239, Auro wrote:Chen's individually scummier than AL, but Chen's actions have made sense as an AL partner, don't wagon movements show AL as the better elim though Flopz? (Refer previous arguments this page re: resistance, etc) From that alone I feel AL elim should precede Chennis.
I think Infinity and Menal was TvT so Scum were just waiting to see what happens as at that point there was still several days left and still is tbh. wow how do we still have over 6 days left. idk Johnny kinda has a LHF vibe rn and I fear that this can also be used to push for an Infinity lim D2.
How do you think Infinity and Menal is TVT while scumleaning (?) Menal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:32 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3253, Flopz wrote:
In post 3226, Auro wrote:
In post 3225, Firebringer wrote:do u think im scum? Cause ive been the biggest person against autumn wagon and i don't see who else is scum trying to ensure it doesn't happen?
maybe chennisden but who else?
I don't think they need to be explicitly loud voices, I think I'd go Chen then {Lilith/you} if game doesn't end.
Menal makes a good point here actually, in that scenario why is Lilitih in your POE after Infinity and Chen?
Now you’re listening to Menal? Wtf?

(Stopped here lunch break is over)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flopz
Flopz
Goon
Flopz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:37 am

Post by Flopz »

In post 3347, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3245, Flopz wrote:
I think Infinity and Menal was TvT so Scum were just waiting to see what happens as at that point there was still several days left and still is tbh. wow how do we still have over 6 days left. idk Johnny kinda has a LHF vibe rn and I fear that this can also be used to push for an Infinity lim D2.
How do you think Infinity and Menal is TVT while scumleaning (?) Menal.
What? I have Menal as locktown, you're looking at some old reads of mine lol
“[Jellyfish] are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful.” ~ Mr. K. Dilkington.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”