Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 971, GreyICE wrote:
In post 927, mastina wrote:
In post 818, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Quite possibly the towniest town who ever towned
Honestly not wrong.

I actually think you're probably my strongest non-LLD townread, which would be:
Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
Kitty Trauma Team (hydra of Malakittens and kuribo)
borkjerfkin
sangres (hydra of fferyllt and Nachomamma8)
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
FUCK YOU

I DON'T WANT TO LYNCH LLD DAY ONE

I'VE BEEN AVOIDING THIS
In post 972, GreyICE wrote:Like she's not town.
I know she's not town.
It's just not a wagon that's going to succeed today, and I'd like to play a game with my wife where something stupid doesn't happen day 1.
If I'm dead tonight come back to this plox
Which she do you mean?
If you mean LLD then why does scum!LLD attack me out of the gate and fake claim mason?
If you mean Mastina then why does scum!Mastina sheep my Prism read hard?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Bell »

Eh, even from FGO, I pretty much just spammed that I wanted to be elected without articulating why it would be a good idea until later vaguely. It turned people off there too (well, some of them).

I mean, comparing yourself to me in terms of how to make an attempt to get the artifact is a false start. I could see why you might think you could discern my alignment from my answer, but everyone thins differently and approaches the game differently or rather we all have our own little idiosyncrasies. It's just something to sort through to dodge basing alignments on those (non-alignment) idiosyncrasies.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:00 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 974, Bell wrote:[quote="In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net
I shut down dialogue about whether or not I am scum or whether or not my thinking makes sense because engaging people on their read of me is unpleasant for me and rarely feels productive.
Anyone who compulsively shuts down any scumread of them whether they're town or scum has made themselves a deeply unpleasant player.

Discussion of your alignment is always unproductive
for you
because at the start of the game penguin_alien sent you your alignment. Therefore there's no discussion that could be possibly productive
for you
because it's absolute factual knowledge that you already possess. It's productive for every player in the game that's not you, excepting perhaps your hypothetical scumbuddies (were you scum).

When you sign up to play a game of mafia, you're signing up for a game where your words, intentions, alignment, reads, and everything about your posts will be doubted. Now you can call out bad arguments. But attempting to shut down any possible discussion of it
having voluntarily, of your own free will signed up for a game you knew it would happen in
makes you a deeply unpleasant person to play mafia with.

Have some fucking empathy. Everyone else is playing the game with the same understanding and limitations, and most of us are town trying to figure things out. In fact in every game most of everyone is town trying to figure things out.

In other words, you're being an ass. Chill.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I know she's not town.
It's just not a wagon that's going to succeed today, and I'd like to play a game with my wife where something stupid doesn't happen day 1.
I'm town Charlie.

Towwwwwwwwwwwwn

come to candy mountain charlieeeee

it's full of town candy charlieeeeee

Also I swear to god anyone else claims mason and it's YEP THAT'S A MASON ALRIGHT

I claim mason and it's REMEMBER THAT ONE TIME LLD CLAIMED MASON AS SCUM AND THEN SHOT THE TOWNIE WHO WAS FAKING IT WITH HER WITH A JANITOR KILL TO DISGUISE IT AND WON A GAME.

I swear I'll never live down those moments.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 818, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Quite possibly the towniest town who ever towned
Honestly not wrong.

Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
borkjerfkin
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
FUCK YOU

I'VE BEEN AVOIDING THIS
I know she's not town.
Are you calling LLD scum just because she's mastina's top townread? lmao
In post 974, Bell wrote:
In post 967, Prism wrote:
In post 963, Bell wrote:No.
It’s very much in character for me to want things town should want as town.
I’m not a difficult read. Pretty much everybody that matters already thinks I’m town this game.
And I will not let them or you forget it.

Food tell
I am very, very glad I went to lunch and a walk before making this.

The issue is not you being paranoid or not townreading me. The issue is that any attempt to dialogue with you across three different fucking games has been met with outright hostility and refusal to exercise even the most rudimentary level of critical thinking when presented with feedback on your thought processes. Simultaneously, I am apparently god herself because I made a fucking horrendous opening post in FGO that the one player who knew me correctly identified it as a hard scumclaim. I replaced out of illicit half because of you, half because ffery was being annoying. I tolerated you in Xenoblade because I had petapan. I considered dodging this game for several players in the list and you are one of them. I no longer consider the first an option, and petapan is not here. You are not scum right now, but if we lose later because you won't fucking dialogue with me and say "It's obvious", I will not feel even remotely sorry for you.

Sit down, and think to yourself again whether "spotless go deep scumplay" matches up even remotely with page 1 of the game, and do better.
I am sorry that you felt this way about me and did not enjoy playing with me. Without expressing your feelings directly I won't notice your frustrations.

I shut down dialogue about whether or not I am scum or whether or not my thinking makes sense because engaging people on their read of me is unpleasant for me and rarely feels productive. I will explain my thinking, but "does it make sense for Bell to be this paranoid on day 1 about me given I posted like once in FGO and he is using that as the basis for his opinion of me doesn't make sense." I refer to the idea of how foundational (by necessity really) first impressions are and they rarely go away. I did not feel like going through the minor frustrations of articulating myself on that, not because I'm scum, but because it's just hard to explain how I felt about your posts in FGO and how when reisoing your slot later in that game turned me away from thinking you were scum and how that was problematic for the game state at the time. Because I felt that your early post was distinctly townie in appearance. Now somebody being famliar with your play an calling it a scum claim is great and all but I didn't know that nor was I likely going to give them the time of day on a swipe read like that, that they made in jest and didn't even follow it up with a vote.

Likewise, I don't see why me asking for the comb is in anyway concerning, sure I could have been scum and if you were town that distrust might have made you feel afraid, but given you also self-voted for it, as did others you should be able to understand why I would want it. You quoted me mentioning I wanted it because I was town and agreed with me later. . You linked that post but did not articulate what about me self voting and asking for the comb was problematic, so I either had to guess or.

I mean, just reading what I've written so fair, I'm like, why did I even write all this? What good will it do? and iunno, but I'll respect your feelings on this matter and answer your questions when you ask.
This post is town as fuck
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Bell »

In post 978, GreyICE wrote:
In post 974, Bell wrote:[quote="In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net
I shut down dialogue about whether or not I am scum or whether or not my thinking makes sense because engaging people on their read of me is unpleasant for me and rarely feels productive.
Anyone who compulsively shuts down any scumread of them whether they're town or scum has made themselves a deeply unpleasant player.

Discussion of your alignment is always unproductive
for you
because at the start of the game penguin_alien sent you your alignment. Therefore there's no discussion that could be possibly productive
for you
because it's absolute factual knowledge that you already possess. It's productive for every player in the game that's not you, excepting perhaps your hypothetical scumbuddies (were you scum).

When you sign up to play a game of mafia, you're signing up for a game where your words, intentions, alignment, reads, and everything about your posts will be doubted. Now you can call out bad arguments. But attempting to shut down any possible discussion of it
having voluntarily, of your own free will signed up for a game you knew it would happen in
makes you a deeply unpleasant person to play mafia with.

Have some fucking empathy. Everyone else is playing the game with the same understanding and limitations, and most of us are town trying to figure things out. In fact in every game most of everyone is town trying to figure things out.

In other words, you're being an ass. Chill.
We all have our own level of sensitivity and I try to respect each person's desire to have fun. Which is why I explained myself and stated I would adapt. Prism did not make it known to me that they were frustrated or that I contributed to them replacing out. Now that I know what annoys them, I can work with them to make their experience more pleasant (hopefully).
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:13 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 980, SirCakez wrote:Are you calling LLD scum just because she's mastina's top townread? lmao
CAKEBOI IS IN ON THE SETUP CALLING IT HERE
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:15 am

Post by sangres »

Nacho will probably interact with this a lot more, but I'm here and you mentioned me so
In post 964, Tammy wrote:So you guys get me until my car is done being serviced. I think I'm in a good spot with getting caught up with grading and not being so burnt out by it, so I might come back tonight if i have the patience. I'm gonna try to get all my thoughts out in one post, so sorry for the length, but some of you are forgetting that our pages are limited and you should stop spamming one liners (Hi Cakez Hi!). There are some pages I haven't read, so if I miss something, let me know, but seeing how little I care for the pages I did read around the ones I missed I'm not overly concerned I missed something groundbreaking.

Anyway earlier I was thinking that maybe I was forcing a town read on someone that I shouldn't be, and I was wondering if that someone was Prism, but after recent posts, I don't think I am. That town read still feels good.

Mastina - I don't understand your scum read on prism for a couple reasons. One is the point against them saying that they're being more abrasive this game on purpose and your argument is that 9 times out of 10, that comes from scum. However, you called my first post town, and my first post talked about meta and how some of my meta didn't apply anymore. I actually expected to get scum read for that post by the people it was directed to, but you called it town. And for Prism, I can't imagine anyone intimate with Prism to be all like Prism is never abrasive, so scum. And two, are you really trying to make a flavor argument for Prism scum? I don't think for a second, the mods make this game breakable by flavor, and if scum Prism was given that as a fake claim, probably, which means it wasn't meant to be alignment indicative anyway.
I'm going to lean heavily on Nacho for this read, but on my own I'd be scumreading Mastina right now. My main niggle that counters the read is that I feel like she'd move heaven and earth to get into the game earlier if she she's scum. Maybe that wasn't in the cards? Still.

I'm also cautious because I had a really strong reaction of scumreading people who were scumreading my townreads in the Tenet game. I could never completely let go of that scumread because of her involvement in the Annie hydra wagon. And although I don't feel nearly as confident about prism-town as I did notsci in that game, the prism scumread, particularly part related to game flavor really sits wrong with me. Maybe I just relate too strongly to the character or something. I don't think that's what I'm doing here wrt Mastina's read of Prism, but I feel a little cautious.
In post 713, sangres wrote:
In post 303, Tammy wrote:Not sure what to think of titus and interaction with math bland there :/
could you talk to me about this?

i'm townreading too many people and i liked titus's interaction there but titus could very well be a weak spot.
In post 714, sangres wrote:
In post 359, Tammy wrote:Oh nachgres do you have any thoughts on spiffeh?
pretty firmly townreading him at this point in the read.
Thanks for the spiffeh read. I'm feeling pretty damn good about him being town too at this point, so it's nice that you've provided backup!
I'm pretty happy to be arriving at that read on my own, on top of Nacho's read.
For Titus, uh I felt like the interaction felt wrong at the same level that Bell's interaction felt wrong. I think that Bell is probably town now regardless of the pedantic mansplaining me on how I felt about their interactions, and I think that Bell's push there feels pretty similar to the shelly push in xenoblade, so is probably town. But with Titus I'm much less sure, and the interaction felt kind of mother hennish in a way that didn't feel natural. The bit that felt like it was the type of "Get in line or I'll policy lynch you" when I don't think math has been doing anything really wrong here. I think he's been put in defensive mode here, which makes him hard to read, but nothing that's policy level, you know. Mathblade was another one I was worried I was forcing a town read on, but I don't really find anything scummy about him. Maybe not as tunneling as I thought he was as town, but I have exactly one game of experience, so I don't know what to expect there. I do think things like "GreyIce is town because I understand him" weirds me out because like GreyIce is an intelligent human being who can string sentences together and I can't really buy that reasoning as a real read, but I still think he's probably town. Spiffeh being so convinced there makes me just a tad worried about Spiffeh actually. But apparently any interaction or read with Mathblade makes me worried about both involved, and I'm not really sure what to make of that.

But one thing I was thinking about this morning was this post:
In post 267, Titus wrote:Ok. I realized my error and read deeper. I think that we should look at two phases with different leaders. People good at townblocking should lead at assigning artifacts. Those good at scumhunting should lead bronzing. These are separate people. I'd defer to Tammy on the artifact (assuming she's town) and LLD (same assumption) leading the afternoon phase. It's harder to scumhunt here without pressure.

Catching up.
On it's face this post isn't problematic, but she has LLD as the person who should lead the afternoon phase because good at scumhunting, but at the time LLD had scumread Mathblade (and wanted him dead asap), Titus, maybe Prism, maybe Spiffeh. Titus was town reading Math, there's Titus herself, and there wasn't reads on Spiffeh or Prism given yet. It just feels odd to me to say that LLD should be in charge of leading the afternoon when the scum reads don't add up. I might be seeing too much in this which I guess could have just been a side thought, but that also doesn't match up to the treatment of LLD once she claimed Mason. Now I get 100% people being concerned that it's a fake claim, but the turn in hostility with things like LLD is playing like shit (which really can we just as a group remember we're not 5 year old asshats trying to make everyone feel like shit???), that she just wants control, and the tantrum bit felt odd and I’m not sure what to do with it. I don’t like her blaming mathblade for taking up her scumhunting space when there are others who are actually making throw away posts that some of that should be directed to.

I don’t feel good I don’t know if that answered your question cuz I kinda just ended up rambling.
your rambles make sense to me, maybe partly because I think Titus is scum!
In post 254, sangres wrote:But if you're scum putting in work this game I'm still going to slam dunk you just FYI
This post here I also thought about this morning. Kinda knee jerk didn’t like it when you posted it but I wasn’t sure why. I think why I don’t is that it feels purple prosish in a sense. And ffery’s posts haven’t hit town paean more yet, so that knee jerk there just feared it’s ugly head this morning. I guess I also don’t quite get what you guys are getting out of the house questioning Dunn over him saying you guys were getting town read too easily either.

Okay my car is done, so I’m stopping here. I might have more to say about the above. Will come back later when I’m at home.
"purple prose"! That's one of your nacho scumtells. Purple or not, we're town. I think he was ribbing you because of how much he wanted us to rand scum and get a chance to cross off his bucket list item.

Regarding my paean or lack thereof, I have a basic and fundamental level of discomfort in playing right now, but the only way past that is to get back on the horse. It's related to both my most recent games, and that's all I'm gonna say about
that
because there's an inflated ego on the line, and it's not mine!

Nacho's scumreading Dunn enough to vote him, which makes me coming to a conclusion about Dunn a priority. I pulled a thread in one of his posts and it unraveled from there. I'm not good at letting go of things once they've caught my attention. From the last post I made in reply to him, you should be able to tell that
my
Dunn read has headed townward.

This is the first time Nacho and I have hydra'd since the Forest Fire game. I'm feeling a little shaky after Tenet. I want to lean on him, but I know his availability is limited. You likely have a better idea than I do when we'll get our next chance to sync. I'm planning to play fully solo today and until he's back and we can hash things out.
Prism wrote:
@sangres:
Your posts themselves are town but I am very concerned that Nacho is actually playing the game.
-----------------

Nacho's last post was Monday night . I've thrown some quotes and links into our chat that I want feedback on, but I don't think he's had any time to really dig into even those posts. Until he's around again, you get me.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 980, SirCakez wrote:This post is town as fuck
No it's not, it's NAI. I'd make that post to anyone regardless of my alignment. In fact it's probably a good example of something that I'd often call "belongs in Mafia Discussion" because I could transplant it there almost word for word without breaking site rules.

It's just a post I felt like making :P
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 982, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 980, SirCakez wrote:Are you calling LLD scum just because she's mastina's top townread? lmao
CAKEBOI IS IN ON THE SETUP CALLING IT HERE
<3

How is the only game I've played with you that ridiculous nuclear meme game?

Also I remember why I'd forgotten it that other time, it's because I was the serial killer in a game where everyone had nukes and all I could do was hide and shit my pants.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 976, MathBlade wrote:
Honestly not wrong.

Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
borkjerfkin
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
FUCK YOU

I'VE BEEN AVOIDING THIS
I know she's not town.
Which she do you mean?
If you mean LLD then why does scum!LLD attack me out of the gate and fake claim mason?
Any particular reason you didn’t answer this?
@GreyICE
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Bell »

In post 984, GreyICE wrote:
In post 980, SirCakez wrote:This post is town as fuck
No it's not, it's NAI. I'd make that post to anyone regardless of my alignment. In fact it's probably a good example of something that I'd often call "belongs in Mafia Discussion" because I could transplant it there almost word for word without breaking site rules.

It's just a post I felt like making :P
Both of them are.

Classifications are not so easily called.
But in this case? I believe it's NAI for Prism to bring up something that genuinely annoyed them as either alignment and I encourage anyone else to come forward and talk to me at any time about any issues they have with me. I do want everyone to have fun if I'm getting in the way of that, I want to know.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 986, MathBlade wrote:
In post 976, MathBlade wrote:
Honestly not wrong.

Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
borkjerfkin
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
FUCK YOU

I'VE BEEN AVOIDING THIS
I know she's not town.
Which she do you mean?
Any particular reason you didn’t answer this?
@GreyICE
No particular reason. If you really want answers:

1) Scum LLD getting into a 1v1 with a loud townie is so common it's almost a scum tell. You're worse at debating than her, so if you got into an argument with her you'd lose.
2) Mastina's reads list is always better when she's scum. But otherwise, you'd be able to answer that on your own.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:46 am

Post by GreyICE »

Actually, is Mastina town this game?

Because of that prism wall post, three points of it was flavor gaming the mod, and one point of it was "he scum because he scum lawl". Which leaves us with:
In post 932, mastina wrote:Yaknow I really wanted people to ask me about Prism so I could do this sooner but I actually don't feel like waiting as a reactive thing so I'mma be proactive and put this out.

I actually have a fairly compelling case for why I think Prism is scum here.
In post 296, Prism wrote:First I want to preface this by saying I'm intentionally playing more abrasively. As mentioned before, diversity is nice and I'm tired of playing friends after Iceland.
1: Nine times out of ten, a player saying this is going to be scum. Deliberately altering your playstyle in a game with multiple players intimately familiar with your playstyle and justifying it in advance is a common scum ploy. (Heck I can even back this up with a rather notorious example if you'd like, but suffice to say, this is a real tell.)/quote]

And equally I could say that posting "no content now, I'll catch up soon promise!" Is a scumtell, because, well, it is.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 983, sangres wrote:"purple prose"! That's one of your nacho scumtells. Purple or not, we're town. I think he was ribbing you because of how much he wanted us to rand scum and get a chance to cross off his bucket list item.

Regarding my paean or lack thereof, I have a basic and fundamental level of discomfort in playing right now, but the only way past that is to get back on the horse. It's related to both my most recent games, and that's all I'm gonna say about that because there's an inflated ego on the line, and it's not mine!

Nacho's scumreading Dunn enough to vote him, which makes me coming to a conclusion about Dunn a priority. I pulled a thread in one of his posts and it unraveled from there. I'm not good at letting go of things once they've caught my attention. From the last post I made in reply to him, you should be able to tell that my Dunn read has headed townward.

This is the first time Nacho and I have hydra'd since the Forest Fire game. I'm feeling a little shaky after Tenet. I want to lean on him, but I know his availability is limited. You likely have a better idea than I do when we'll get our next chance to sync. I'm planning to play fully solo today and until he's back and we can hash things out.
Purple prose is one of my scum tells for nacho, but it's weird in that it's a kind of cadence thing for me, and I'm not even sure that I know what that looks like anymore. I haven't seen him as scum in years, and xenoblade is the only game we've played together not in a hydra together in years. I didn't want to start playing with him until I knew that I could keep my emotions in check in mafia, and not pull the game into a shithole. I do think you guys are town more likely than not, but I don't have the confidence of Tenet yet. Maybe it won't come as easy as it did that game, and I completely understand being a bit more uncomfortable due to the last couple games. I think he was ribbing me a bit because of the bucket list, but he was also ribbing me a bit because he's let me know that if he thinks I'm scum in a game he's not gonna let me squeak by him like he has in the past. I know what he was trolling me about, and I'm sure he'll make fun of me when he sees that it caused me to go hrm a few days later.

What you said about your Dunn interaction is kind of what I was hoping to hear, and what I was considering on my way back home today. My earlier thought was that I didn't understand why you cared about what was a rather common throwaway line, and I was concerned it was something that looked good to try to scum hunt. On my way home, I was considering it again and was like well Spiffeh made a case, Nacho talked about Dunn maybe being scum, so maybe it was just a way to try to get into his head. So it's nice that my driving thoughts matched up with what you said here.

I don't have a read on Dunn myself. I didn't think he'd done anything overly scummy in his first few posts and his posts read okay to me? That is not saying much. In popcorn his posts read okay to me? but in Popcorn there were a couple small things that bugged me that I let go/ignored which I shouldn't have. I know that you guys are starting to lean town on him now, but I'm still in eh his posts are fine, but I don't have an actual read there. I just reread through his iso and yeah, I just don't know.

You might have said this before, but are you guys leaning/still leaning town on math blade? Or do you guys have any issue with the people I've thought are town? Something feels off for me this game, and I'm not sure if it's the reads I'm approaching at or if it's the game state. I think I have the most concerns about Titus, Mastina, Cakez, Pooky and quiet but it doesn't feel right that it's the scum team.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 955, SirCakez wrote:I wonder if this is the game where Battle Mage and I are town together :)
eh maybe

i've changed my mind on Math. Math-town tends to have a bit more focus (even if not always in the right direction). His approach today feels less discerning like "elim anybody but me". Survival first.

VOTE: mathblade
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 am

Post by Prism »

I'm up to page 15 and I actually don't like the Kitty slot so far. I think the SirCakez push for the "meltdown" point was super safe and the qualifications/neutrality that comes with virtually every kuribo post doesn't strike me well.

I think the post that best showcases this is 368:
In post 368, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:[cut image for size]

But for real

I can see where it looks out of place if you're looking for that, but I do think it's a stretch to call it a scum pt post. But I could be biased because I'm still traumatized from last years TM. Math is one of my stronger town reads, and I think he's come from a place of at least trying to solve the game. Might be too over-eager, I've been there where you start seeing things everywhere.
In post 324, SirCakez wrote:Call it an overreaction then if it bothers you.
I think Math is town-ish actually I just think his behavior is very silly.
See now was that so hard? Isn't it easier to just answer my question instead of making me ask repeatedly? You don't have to answer that one, I'll give you that for free.

PEdit: I'd be comfortable passing it to LLD more than Prism, tbh. But I've played with LLD a ton and I feel generally confident that I can spot her scum game by day two or three. She will probably deny that, but in her heart she knows it's true.

-k
They really let Cakez off the hook for free here for an answer that quite frankly was really bad
if you believed in the tell to begin with
. Throwing up your hands and saying "Fine I was reaching the word's too strong" is a super basic response as scum. The weird "But maybe I'm biased..." response regarding the "scum PT" point rather than just being like "yeah that's nothing" sorry is strange to me.
In post 268, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 265, SirCakez wrote:Ok what's your point here? This is such a dumb thing to nitpick.
My point is that I feel like you're making mountains out of emotional molehills by calling that a meltdown, and that's a real real strong alarm bell to me.

So again, I ask you, what part of that post you quoted do you call a meltdown? Two mildly peeved posts, if even that level of annoyance is hardly a meltdown, but that's the word you used.

-k
Peeking ahead they vote Cakez in 940 with the "gut feeling" but this entire progression is really, really rough imo as is the way the hydra has positioned all game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:35 am

In post 985, GreyICE wrote:<3

How is the only game I've played with you that ridiculous nuclear meme game?

Also I remember why I'd forgotten it that other time, it's because I was the serial killer in a game where everyone had nukes and all I could do was hide and shit my pants.
I think that was the last game I played on the site for like a decade :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:36 am

We should totally run that Nuke Meme game back tho :>
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:38 am

In post 990, Tammy wrote:I do think you guys are town more likely than not, but I don't have the confidence of Tenet yet
?

weren't you hydra'd with him in tenet lol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:14 am

Post by Prism »

I've got a bunch of shit in various tabs that I'm going to have to collate at some point but I think this one is interesting.
In post 497, Dunnstral wrote:You're mistaken if you think I've given a read on prism. Me saying I can't trust means the claim at face value. I think Spiffeh is scummy and the townreads there are bad/rushed VOTE: Spiffeh
Can you be a bit more specific on why Spiffeh is scummy/why his push on you is bad? 480 is what I see. Later it seems like you cite the differences in Titus v. Alisae from this game. Skimming through it you definitely had a more wall-style, but this was accounted for by Spiffeh in 456. He's specifically talking about the style of how you're choosing to nitpick and snipe from the sidelines.

Here's his quote from Titus v. Alisae:
Spiffeh wrote:The reason I’m cool with Maki/Kaito getting lynched has nothing to do with Dunn’s activity.

I think Dunn has been really nit picky and snipes at anyone really questioning their slot (Espy, Sherlock, myself), and I’m not really seeing him presenting reads or pressuring anyone in a way that looks like genuine gamesolving. There’s a lot of one off comments that aren’t translating to solid opinions and it looks more like busy work than anything else. I have only played with Dunn a few times but I don’t remember it being so hard to understand where his head is at.
This lines up really well with his comments this game.

I don't really know how to feel about Dunn atm but Spiffeh is very town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Prism »

Okay, I'm stopping at page 30 and taking a break. Collating the quotes I'm interested in and making some buckets.
In post 281, Titus wrote:VOTE: Prism

I think Tammy is town, so I am proxying her my vote.
You spent a good amount of time early tackling Math's side of the interactions with me. I know I'm not really familiar to you as a player, but what did you take away about my alignment from that conversation/the claim?
In post 533, Titus wrote:Math, the thread wants to talk about Dunnstral.

What is your read there?
This feels so fucking malicious, at the time of this post Math isn't WHY WON'T PRISM TELL ME MECH SCUM NACHO PT POST at all at the time but is pushing Cakez, something actually novel and interesting.

Meanwhile Titus has said nothing about Dunnstral and has spent the past several pages just trying to get Math to talk more. There's sibling patronizing and there's setting them up to fail completely. Almost every single post of Titus's at this time is just continuing to draw more attention on Math, get Math to keep going, with this weird veneer of "I want the thread to talk not-Math" painted on top, even as the thread is chugging along just fine. 619 makes a show of working with others but Titus has literally done nothing but patronize Math all game.
In post 318, sangres wrote:Yes. It was. I want to see more. insert paragraph about rapidly evolving new players here.
This was about quiet's opening post. What's your current thinking on the slot/what made you iffy on the start? I know you didn't want to reveal fully what you're expecting, but I suspect you can go a bit deeper here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 991, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 955, SirCakez wrote:I wonder if this is the game where Battle Mage and I are town together :)
eh maybe

i've changed my mind on Math. Math-town tends to have a bit more focus (even if not always in the right direction). His approach today feels less discerning like "elim anybody but me". Survival first.

VOTE: mathblade
What you’re reading is more outright depression

I am trying to provide something of value here

But like I feel completely depressed here.

Each time I try to post a thought people just spam “Math’s scum” without any context or reasoning or “not cooperating” when I don’t join the wagon on the other player.

No one is really trying for another wagon and it’s just depressing. I feel like people are putting more effort into kicking me down than finding who scum actually is.

The only player who has even remotely tried to scum case me is Bell and that’s why he’s a townread of mine.

Like it’s sad. There’s no case on me it’s literally “Math didn’t post fast” and we hate Math.

Anyone on me should be justifying their vote. BM’s math is survivalistic is crap. If I was survivalistic I would be on Dunn. The vote from BM is only after I said I would do BM or Titus.

This site RVS fucking sucks and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 897, penguin_alien wrote:Afternoon Vote Count 1.04

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes bronze.

Dunnstral (4): , SirCakez, quiet, Battle Mage, Spiffeh
MathBlade (5): Bell, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Titus, Dunnstral
PookyTheMagicalBear(1): MathBlade
Titus (2): GreyICE, sangres

Not voting (5): Tammy, borkjerfkin, Kitty Trauma Team, mastina, Prism

Mod notes: 35/85 pages used
In post 954, penguin_alien wrote:Afternoon Vote Count 1.05

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes bronze.

Dunnstral (3): quiet, Battle Mage, Spiffeh
MathBlade (5): Bell, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Titus, Dunnstral
Titus (2): GreyICE, sangres
SirCakez (2): mastina, Kitty Trauma Team
Prism (1): MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear (1): SirCakez

Not voting (3): Tammy, borkjerfkin, Prism

Mod notes: 37/85 pages used
Bell,LLD, Pooky, Titus, and Dunn’s votes have just sat on me, and BM’s move onto me is sus as FUCK.
Mastina’s sircakez vote and shit is terrible.

My guess is BM/Titus/(Prism/Mastina/Bork)/??? Maybe quiet

Tammy Cakez and Bell and Spiffeh are obvious town.
Sangres if that bit earlier was a slip then replace then the ??? is them and replace with Prism
Kitty miiiight be scum but I horribly doubt it.

Game is damn near solved. Fucking do something with votes if you’re town.
VOTE: Titus
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Prism »

This is ordered t->s within the buckets, ie. bottom of scumleans is the worst of the bunch

Safely town
==========
Spiffeh
Tammy
Bell

Pretty town
===========
Battle Mage
bork
sangres (Last three could really go in any order)
SirCakez

My Only Townlean That's a Mason Claim anyway
===========
LLD

MathBlade
============
MathBlade

Null and/or hasn't played the game up to Page 30
===========
GreyICE
Pooky
quiet