Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1650 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Bell »

No to all of those.
I can’t read Tammy.
KTT has written a lot, but their takes are lukewarm.
And somehow they aren’t voting anyone. (For Tammy indecision seems to be normal? for mala and kuribo I have no idea why they haven’t murder tunneled somebody yet).

They’re both in my meh reads.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1651 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You’ll come around if you’re town. I got faith.

What’s your Titus and Sir Cakez reads?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Bell »

Please substantiate your confidence in Tammy and KTT.
That doesn’t begin and end with it being a good idea to TR the two people who aren’t voting anybody.

Sir Cakez I’ve seen flashes of townieness, but that’s it. He’s also been a source of shade and been attacked in turn. Some of his scum instincts seem to have flipped. For example he would probably as scum push quiet to be the elimination this dp but is instead doing sort of the opposite. Titus’s attack on that, I’m not sure where she’s coming from.

Titus: no fucking clue. Consider me disordered and discombobulated in regards to her play this game. I agreed with your take that Titus is not playing like scum or town her until you asked and then it got more complicated and muddled.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 989, Tammy wrote:
In post 983, sangres wrote:"purple prose"! That's one of your nacho scumtells. Purple or not, we're town. I think he was ribbing you because of how much he wanted us to rand scum and get a chance to cross off his bucket list item.

Regarding my paean or lack thereof, I have a basic and fundamental level of discomfort in playing right now, but the only way past that is to get back on the horse. It's related to both my most recent games, and that's all I'm gonna say about that because there's an inflated ego on the line, and it's not mine!

Nacho's scumreading Dunn enough to vote him, which makes me coming to a conclusion about Dunn a priority. I pulled a thread in one of his posts and it unraveled from there. I'm not good at letting go of things once they've caught my attention. From the last post I made in reply to him, you should be able to tell that my Dunn read has headed townward.

This is the first time Nacho and I have hydra'd since the Forest Fire game. I'm feeling a little shaky after Tenet. I want to lean on him, but I know his availability is limited. You likely have a better idea than I do when we'll get our next chance to sync. I'm planning to play fully solo today and until he's back and we can hash things out.
Purple prose is one of my scum tells for nacho, but it's weird in that it's a kind of cadence thing for me, and I'm not even sure that I know what that looks like anymore. I haven't seen him as scum in years, and xenoblade is the only game we've played together not in a hydra together in years. I didn't want to start playing with him until I knew that I could keep my emotions in check in mafia, and not pull the game into a shithole. I do think you guys are town more likely than not, but I don't have the confidence of Tenet yet. Maybe it won't come as easy as it did that game, and I completely understand being a bit more uncomfortable due to the last couple games. I think he was ribbing me a bit because of the bucket list, but he was also ribbing me a bit because he's let me know that if he thinks I'm scum in a game he's not gonna let me squeak by him like he has in the past. I know what he was trolling me about, and I'm sure he'll make fun of me when he sees that it caused me to go hrm a few days later.

What you said about your Dunn interaction is kind of what I was hoping to hear, and what I was considering on my way back home today. My earlier thought was that I didn't understand why you cared about what was a rather common throwaway line, and I was concerned it was something that looked good to try to scum hunt. On my way home, I was considering it again and was like well Spiffeh made a case, Nacho talked about Dunn maybe being scum, so maybe it was just a way to try to get into his head. So it's nice that my driving thoughts matched up with what you said here.

I don't have a read on Dunn myself. I didn't think he'd done anything overly scummy in his first few posts and his posts read okay to me? That is not saying much. In popcorn his posts read okay to me? but in Popcorn there were a couple small things that bugged me that I let go/ignored which I shouldn't have. I know that you guys are starting to lean town on him now, but I'm still in eh his posts are fine, but I don't have an actual read there. I just reread through his iso and yeah, I just don't know.

You might have said this before, but are you guys leaning/still leaning town on math blade? Or do you guys have any issue with the people I've thought are town? Something feels off for me this game, and I'm not sure if it's the reads I'm approaching at or if it's the game state. I think I have the most concerns about Titus, Mastina, Cakez, Pooky and quiet but it doesn't feel right that it's the scum team.
Tammy is more I just don’t get scum pings but if I had to pick one it would probably be this one as the towniest off the top of my head. She’s working together with people after sorting them and I think we’re vibing on a very similar wavelength. Swap out Pooky for Dunn and that’s a majority of my PoE just missing Battle Mage and Grey if he’s lying about the mason claim. I have a really hard time believing Tammy could be scum when we sync up this well.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

KTT was an initial gut read as town but occasional creeps of doubt have come in for reasons so I poke them on occasion and the responses have been really good. I was a bit of an ass with the convenient spot but and kuribo’s response was pretty good. They’re probably the weakest of my townreads but probably still town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Bell »

I don’t get why you would want me to town block with people you aren’t fully comfortable with. Town blocks can lose games.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1655, Bell wrote:I don’t get why you would want me to town block with people you aren’t fully comfortable with. Town blocks can lose games.
1) Because it’s Day One. 75% ish confidence is my threshold for day one.
2) Yes, town blocks can lose games and I generally despise them. However the mechanics of artifacts require us to know who we’re giving artifacts to in the morning phase. So it’s much more important to be right on townreads than scum ones as it will be foundational to the entire game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1623, penguin_alien wrote:Afternoon Vote Count 1.13

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (2): quiet, Spiffeh
MathBlade (1): Battle Mage
Titus (6): sangres, SirCakez, borkjerfkin, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, MathBlade
SirCakez (3): mastina, Dunnstral, Titus
mastina (2): Bell, GreyICE

Not voting (3): Tammy, Prism, Kitty Trauma Team

Mod notes: 63/85 pages used

Battle Mage is V/LA until Monday evening
We have one day people. I townread the entire Titus wagon. If you don’t say who and why.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1656, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1655, Bell wrote:I don’t get why you would want me to town block with people you aren’t fully comfortable with. Town blocks can lose games.
1) Because it’s Day One. 75% ish confidence is my threshold for day one.
2) Yes, town blocks can lose games and I generally despise them. However the mechanics of artifacts require us to know who we’re giving artifacts to in the morning phase. So it’s much more important to be right on townreads than scum ones as it will be foundational to the entire game.
Neither of these reasons answer the fundamental question.

If it’s day one and you have no confidence beyond random don’t suggest a town block.
The mechanics of artifact giving and wifom and fog of war whatever etc, I don’t want to discuss.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1648, Bell wrote:@Dunstrall, Bork. Yeet targets?

I'm waiting on Nacho. TBH.
I am losing convinction on MB scum.

Town block RN is just Sangres, Spiffeh, LLD today. Which isn't good enough based on my experience in Tenet. If I want to win through PoE I need to solve faster tbh.
SirCakez, Mathblade, Spiffeh, Titus

That's where I'm at

Quiet slot can live to day 2 while we get somebody else - right now I think it's likely scum as well
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by sangres »

Town block RN is just Sangres, Spiffeh, LLD today. Which isn't good enough based on my experience in Tenet. If I want to win through PoE I need to solve faster tbh.
I'm not waiting on Nacho right now. I'm going through a reread and grabbing posts that strike me and throwing them into our hydra pt. They might wind up in a long-ass post at some point.

Nacho's schedule changed and he's not going to be around until tomorrow afternoon if he's not death on toast from work.

What happened to BM?

Anyway, I hit a KTT post that if nothing else suggests there's no way they're scum with mathblade to me. check my thinking on this?
In post 368, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:Image

But for real

I can see where it looks out of place if you're looking for that, but I do think it's a stretch to call it a scum pt post. But I could be biased because I'm still traumatized from last years TM. Math is one of my stronger town reads, and I think he's come from a place of at least trying to solve the game. Might be too over-eager, I've been there where you start seeing things everywhere.
In post 324, SirCakez wrote:Call it an overreaction then if it bothers you.
I think Math is town-ish actually I just think his behavior is very silly.
See now was that so hard? Isn't it easier to just answer my question instead of making me ask repeatedly? You don't have to answer that one, I'll give you that for free.

PEdit: I'd be comfortable passing it to LLD more than Prism, tbh. But I've played with LLD a ton and I feel generally confident that I can spot her scum game by day two or three. She will probably deny that, but in her heart she knows it's true.

-k
I don't think scum-k reels in town-Math on this particular piece of green cheese. And I don't think scum-k decides to derail scum-math making an attack like this either. Especially given that per mala, he has some concerns about us. Although maybe those concerns cropped up later?

My top tier townreads are {LLD*, Spiffeh, Bell}. I want to hard townread Prism and I probably will again next time I read their ISO. I can't seem to hold on to some of the reads that looked really solid early on. I'm townreading Tammy, too, and if Nacho comes back and townreads her I'll put that read to bed and stick her in top tier.

I need more than three solid townreads.

What are your thoughts on Grey? Cakez?
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1650, Bell wrote:No to all of those.
I can’t read Tammy.
KTT has written a lot, but their takes are lukewarm.
And somehow they aren’t voting anyone. (For Tammy indecision seems to be normal? for mala and kuribo I have no idea why they haven’t murder tunneled somebody yet).

They’re both in my meh reads.
We were voting Titus but Kuribo unvoted because he wanted to do an ISO and didn’t want any shenanigans.

_M
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

Also we don’t murder tunnel until D2

Stay turned for we will have vicious scum blood on our hands.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Bell »

BM is v/la every weekend.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1659, Dunnstral wrote:

SirCakez, Mathblade, Spiffeh, Titus

That's where I'm at

Quiet slot can live to day 2 while we get somebody else - right now I think it's likely scum as well
Okay..you think that’s the exact team. Any reason you don’t “help me bus” Titus?

I know for a fact that solve is wrong and am relatively sure Spiffeh is town.

Care to elaborate on why you think that’s the exact solve?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by sangres »

In post 1663, Bell wrote:BM is v/la every weekend.
That's not what I meant. You had 4 in your townblock earlier, including BM. What happened to your read of him?

Also, re Quiet, looking at his post in context again this morning, it isn't as bad as I remembered/thought at the time.
In post 157, quiet wrote:Hi people, only freshly traumatized by a couple of you. It should be fine.

I will not be voting for Prism to receive an artifact like, ever. Too raw. That being said, I reallllyyy don't know about this performative scum narrative; I can absolutely see a world where someone named John Doe has an artifact named John Doe's Hammer, and hands it over to someone to try and modconf themselves as John Doe. If I'm misreping the idea, lmk.

First impressions:
VOTE: Sangres as my first TR, mostly because 151 is towny, I don't think Prism + sangres are scum together both TRing each other, I don't think prism!Scum TRs scum as their first vote, and I don't think town!Prism is likely to be wrong here either.
I don't really know if I find LLD flailing particularly AI? I think that slot will resolve for me fairly rapidly.
(pedit: and oh look, Tammy shares the same opinion. +town points for being on my vibe at exactly the same time I got there)
People piling on Math a bit is interesting. Thoese interactions are the first place I want to do a re-read.
Tammy is towny to me, but someone can tell me if they're real good and none of what they've said is AI.

I feel like I should probably have more thoughts on Spiff, but I don't have any strong feelings at the moment.
Looking forward to hearing more from Bell and BM.

Exited to play! I'm also a fair amount busier at the moment, but I wasn't about to miss a Warehouse 13 game.
In retrospect, I like this post better than I did when I first read it. The logic about scum-Prism townreading a scumbuddy so early and town-Prism probably being right is a decent thought train, regardless of whether it's actually an accurate opinion of scum/town Prism. Given how snowed he'd been by scum-Prism in the Iceland game, I actually kinda like that he's looking at ways to use what he's learned about Prism to sort another slot, though calling my 151 a townpost is a bit rose-tinted.

He's in his first post talking about being busier, but being all-in for the flavor. This makes a little sense of his lack of presence/flake, maybe.

If this is a permanent siteflake I'm very sad about it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by Bell »

Town blocks are not town reads.
I am town reading BM. But I’m not town blocking him. He also went down some just due to the nature of the beast.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@KTT you gonna answer the question directed to you by Sangres in ?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1606, MathBlade wrote:Mastina not doing a readwall is also rather damning as she almost always does this as town.
*a-HEM*
In post 1291, mastina wrote:
In post 1223, Battle Mage wrote:i need to see some readslists i think!
In post 927, mastina wrote:Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
Kitty Trauma Team (hydra of Malakittens and kuribo)
borkjerfkin
sangres (hydra of fferyllt and Nachomamma8)
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
Here ya go! It's locktown townread null scumlean scumread(with a caveat) lockscum.

Surprised you asked tho. :P
Now I admit I haven't updated that since that post, but I was V/LA at the time, sooooo. It wasn't something I had the time to do. Going forward, I'll be having more time.
In post 1582, SirCakez wrote:I just find it odd how he ran straight to the bottom of everyone's readslists
Everyone was sheeping me, clearly. :P

(I had a scumread on quiet before it was cool to have a scumread there.)
In post 1595, Bell wrote:I'm not sure what it means that Mastina knows it too
It means I have intimate familiarity with Titus, both in games and outside of them--while I've played with this playerlist of legends before (basically almost everyone here I have extensive game history with spanning years upon years), most of them I haven't played with or kept contact with in years.

Titus, however--I've played with Titus since she joined the site pretty much and unlike, sayyy, Nacho, Tammy, ffery, et all, I have continued to play with her extensively in very recent history, with like 6-12 games in recent history (last 1-2 years) with her.

And this is Titus as town.
In post 1604, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1556, mastina wrote:My townread on Titus is strong enough that I am willing to take some heat off of her onto myself to save her.
Why? your early reads list had her in a tier2 with a tier1 that was a list of a lot of people. What happened between that and
All of Titus's posts from this point onward. (If I did it right, this is a link to her in her iso, showing her ~17 posts after my previous readslist on her.)

Titus was already a townread but I had my doubts on her which kept her from being locktown--tracking her thought process and mindstate in those ~17 posts allowed me to get a much better grip on her and move her to locktown of locktown.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by mastina »

Lady Lambdadelta*
Titus
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
Kitty Trauma Team (hydra of Malakittens and kuribo)
borkjerfkin
sangres (hydra of fferyllt and Nachomamma8)
Tammy
GreyICE*

Spiffeh

Battle Mage

MathBlade

quiet

Prism
SirCakez

Locktown, townread, nullread-situationally-poe-scumread, scumread-with-a-conditional-locktown-condition scumread lockscum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

*AHEM* That’s a reads list not a read wall.

viewtopic.php?p=12481495#p12481495

Read walls are wordy wordy things. With ya know words.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
sangres
sangres
Mafia Scum
sangres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by sangres »

There were no questions directed at KTT, but I'm all ears regarding their thoughts on stuff.

@Bell that last sentence was for you, current thoughts on Grey and Cakez? They're both players I'd like to have stronger opinions about than I currently do.

Rereading the first 25 pages, Dunn entered the game in a way that I want to call "grumpy", and I get the same vibe from his later interaction with me. We have not played together much and I don't know if this mood I'm picking up is really there, if it's typical of his play, or if its a possible alignment marker. I'm not going to meta dive this before deadline. I'm hoping nacho has some meta insight, and if not I'll work on it later.

^^ That's to Bell, but anyone with meta thoughts are welcome to answer.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Bell »

I was waiting for Nacho, but now that I know he won't be posting I'm okay moving forward with a Mastina elimination.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1672, Bell wrote:I was waiting for Nacho, but now that I know he won't be posting I'm okay moving forward with a Mastina elimination.
Why Mastina and not Titus?
I would prefer a Titus elim since scum!stina doesn’t seem to want Titus elimmed.

And apologies I thought that was directed at KTT
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »