Newbie 2066: Gelato 2 -- End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Roden »

GIF, if you're really this confident in your reads, aren't you worried about getting NK'd tonight? You're the only one putting pressure on Clasko and Johnny, while Rock is the only other person pressuring Vax. Why would scum kill anyone but you tonight, especially in the case of Clasko being scum?

My issue is that you need to make a compelling case if youre actually spot on here. I don't really buy into your read on Clasko, and I could be convinced on your other two scum reads but I have no idea
why
you're scum reading them yet. If the scum is any of those three, I don't currently see any way we could get five votes on any them. Which, again, if you're right, means scum 100% survives Day 1. If scum proceeds to then NK you, we're left only with a list of names but no real case against them.

It just feels counter productive to not just tell us what's going on in your head if you truly believe you've solved the game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Roden »

Like, this is really only a solved game if you did nail both scum in your reads and we just sheep wagon all three out. But you haven't convinced us to do that. I don't think you
could
convince us to do that.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 218, fferyllt wrote:
There's an issue with the vote-counter that I've been using this game, which resulted in a vote inaccuracy in the 1-5 and 1-6 vote counts. They have been corrected to add sang froid's vote on Rockhopper.
Ah, ok I was wondering about that. I said I would put my vote back if Sang's vote was just a glitch, so...

VOTE: Rockhopper

Though it's interesting that Sang is doubting their scum read now. I get it, but some posts stick out to me too much to not still suspect Rock.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Roden »

Just to reiterate my stance.

I am NOT willing to vote Clasko right now. It would take a major scum slip or a guilty reveal from a Cop to make me budge. Day 2 could potentially change this but as of Day 1, Clasko won't receive my vote.

Vax or Johnny MAY receive my vote if a strong case is made against them. Both are null for me atm and I could see one of them playing as a passive partner to a more active scum.

But again, as if now, Rock has my vote.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 225, Roden wrote:GIF, if you're really this confident in your reads, aren't you worried about getting NK'd tonight?
My goal is to be nightkilled N1 regardless of whether I have PR or not. I wear N1 death as a badge of honor.
In post 225, Roden wrote:My issue is that you need to make a compelling case if youre actually spot on here. I don't really buy into your read on Clasko, and I could be convinced on your other two scum reads but I have no idea why you're scum reading them yet. If the scum is any of those three, I don't currently see any way we could get five votes on any them.
That kind of thing doesn’t work on me because I’m not “scum”hunting. If it wasn’t obvious yet, I look for the strongest townreads and move downwards. So no, I will never really have the “case” unless the scum is playing so godawful that I was compelled to point it out. So really all I say re: vax and Johnny is... Well, do you think they’re more town than any other players in this game?
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also I’m not really pressuring Johnny atm. There is no point when the dude is in vla and I could spend my time on better place. All I said was “I might end up voting that man” and that’s it.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 223, Roden wrote:He's adding his own comments and the counter pressure on GIF seems appropriate.
I’d do the same thing if I was a scum in that situation too btw
This lulz one-liner who is deliberately not giving out content comes out all of the sudden to scumread me when literally no one was. I’d go after his ass 100%.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Kinda drunk lets kill GIF
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

If that was for your scum PT I have a very news for you my good sir
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

very
BAD
news even
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Rockhopper
Rockhopper
Goon
Rockhopper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Rockhopper »

In post 197, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 193, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 191, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 184, Rockhopper wrote:
In post 175, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: Clasko
Why Clasko and what do you think of Roden's townread on him?
Shrug. What does rodens townread matter on him?
I mean, Roden stated that their reads/thought processes matched, so I was wondering why you would townread one of them and vote the other.
Cause Roden can be town but wrong.
Wrong about having the same thought process?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In case people ask me why I’m not voting anyone yet I’m simply waiting on Johnny to post. I do want to D1 solve for flex points if possible.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Since people aren’t having qualms about Roden/sang/T3 being town let’s see why Rock and Jumble is town.

If anyone isn’t convinced that Rock is town yet, just see how he was under pressure for pretty much 80% of the game so far and see how he gave 0 fuck and went on his way on trying to figure out the game. Like it’s really hard to do that as scum (because scum needs to live and they know how painful it is to be lynched D1) and unless someone tells me that Rockhopper is actually a god tier scum player I’m just gonna call him town for that alone.

Also
In post 183, Rockhopper wrote:What kind of scum strongly townreads 5 newbies like that lol
GIF's town prolly.
This is like
99.99% town reaction.
And no it’s not because he called me town. That’s like an icing on a cake and I know better than to bias my reads based on what they’re calling me. He could’ve said Vax in there instead of my name and I would still have a same reaction. Yes it’s a naive view on things on his part. But naivety is a really strong town trait. Scum do not want to randomly call someone town for simple reasons because they want their mislynch options open. This is also why I’m not townreading Clasko. His overly fence sitting post I mentioned earlier falls into this category.

Now Jumble. Now he’s a funny case to read because he admitted that he doesn’t not respond well to pressure and is self-conscious. That means I need to rule this off from being alignment-indicative.
> Subtle/direct attempt at redirection of pressure from himself

With that said, assuming that I believe his story that he’s really new at the game, he has a solid on Radon and somewhat solid reads on Clasko and Vax (which I do not agree but let’s chalk that as him being new). Basically, he looks like he’s trying his best.

“Now wait a whole damn minute GIF ya mean to tell me ya townread him for simply trying???”

Well there are some elements of my gut reads and whatnot but if I tell you that I’m townreading him because gut I’m suuuure that’s gonna be some solid case amirite. But yeah back on the topic. He is trying, he is forming his reads regardless of how bad they actually are, and he is standing by those reads.

Conviction. Unlike Clasko. Actually trying. Unlike Vax.

If you need more than this, then consider this. Remember that he is self conscious. For a self conscious player he does like probing and prodding, no? If he’s new, self conscious, and scum, let me tell you that he basically won’t be playing like this. He will most likely play super passive and appeasing because he wouldn’t want to be caught in a conflict and getting negative attention.

So yeah. His play is town.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Fuuuuuuuck
Staying up at 3 PM making a post in mafiascum dot net
I did not miss this at all
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:19 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

3 AM even
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:27 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 15, Vaxkiller wrote:Hello new players!
I
In post 16, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: clasko?
Am
In post 53, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: sang froid

Fresh meat!
Absolutely
In post 115, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 112, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 107, Roden wrote:I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
Sorry for bringing up this so early in the game, but I just don't respond well to pressure. I've been trying to fix this for a while now, and really the only way that's going to happen if I just keep posting. But my reading ability is basically non-existent! What am I supposed to do then?
What happens when you get pressure? Do you break, or just drop out?
Baffled
In post 116, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 109, Roden wrote:
In post 107, Roden wrote:I really need to hear more from GIF and Jumble too.
I'll reiterate by adding Clasko and Vax to this list. Minimal posts from both but especially Vax. Vax has only posted three times, and two of them were just naked votes.

Man, are there really only four of us actively playing right now?
Sry, you guys deserve better. I should have marked myself VLA over the weekend. Some weeks are better than others, but last week end was really busy. But I'm here now on the weekdays!

Typically I'd just push something through, but this is a newbie game and I want to see what you guys got.

VOTE: guyinfreezer

hop on the train!
How
In post 117, Vaxkiller wrote:Does anyone else think gelato is gross?
Anyone
In post 118, Vaxkiller wrote:Actually. I just looked up what it was.... it sounds kinda good. I was confusing it with custard... which is gross.
Is
In post 122, Vaxkiller wrote:Oh yea, I see what I did there.
Town
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Do you have a reads list sang?
Reading
In post 132, Vaxkiller wrote:Why are Guy and I next to each other?
Any
In post 165, Vaxkiller wrote:I'm not scum reading GIF, just voting him to see if anyone would follow.

Roden is showing some town tendencies with his thinking. I don't thing scum!T3 points out my town slip like that, so prob town.

Let me think a bit.
of
In post 173, Vaxkiller wrote:GIF has 3 more days to figure this out... like he said earlier!
This
Garbage
In post 176, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 174, GuyInFreezer wrote:It’s gonna be anticlimactic af when I end up voting Johnny 3 days later, who haven’t posted a single post lmao
Uhhh I'd actually be down for this.
Of
In post 177, Vaxkiller wrote:Objections?
The
ISO.
In post 197, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 193, Rockhopper wrote:
I mean, Roden stated that their reads/thought processes matched, so I was wondering why you would townread one of them and vote the other.
Cause Roden can be town but wrong.
In post 201, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 200, Clasko wrote:I feel I may have angered you in some way
Naw, I dont really get angry. Also (I think) we try to keep the newbie queue filled with positive players. I may get really excite sometimes tho! I'll check out your 135.
Holy
In post 202, Vaxkiller wrote:You know what? Your approach to the game is pretty towny, you give clear precise reads. I like it!
Shit
In post 203, Vaxkiller wrote:VOTE: GuyInFreezer
Lmao
In post 209, Vaxkiller wrote:Huh? Who are you responding to?
I
In post 220, Vaxkiller wrote:disconcerting how GIF doesnt have me as lock town.
Don’t
In post 232, Vaxkiller wrote:Kinda drunk lets kill GIF
Even
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:48 pm

Post by Roden »

That's all I wanted GIF, lol.

VOTE: Vaxkiller
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:04 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 229, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 225, Roden wrote:GIF, if you're really this confident in your reads, aren't you worried about getting NK'd tonight?
My goal is to be nightkilled N1 regardless of whether I have PR or not. I wear N1 death as a badge of honor.
In post 225, Roden wrote:My issue is that you need to make a compelling case if youre actually spot on here. I don't really buy into your read on Clasko, and I could be convinced on your other two scum reads but I have no idea why you're scum reading them yet. If the scum is any of those three, I don't currently see any way we could get five votes on any them.
That kind of thing doesn’t work on me because I’m not “scum”hunting. If it wasn’t obvious yet, I look for the strongest townreads and move downwards. So no, I will never really have the “case” unless the scum is playing so godawful that I was compelled to point it out. So really all I say re: vax and Johnny is... Well, do you think they’re more town than any other players in this game?
I do notably have them both as null on my reads. I feel like Johnny's slot could go either way, but Vax has been
very
back and forth for me. Every time they make a post that makes me think they're leaning town (like refusing to sheep reads and votes), they then immediately make either a chaotic play (wanting to wagon a VLA slot) or an opportunistic vote (literally all of them). They only stayed null because I can't fathom who their partner could actually be.

Call it tunneling, that would be fair, but I can't let go of my suspicions on Rock. His opportunistic votes have pinged me more than anything else so far. But, I don't think Vax or Clasko are his partners in this scenario. I see your case on Clasko a little more clearly now but I still town read him. But your case against Vax makes sense and I do agree with it. And if Vax really is scum, I can feel more comfortable dropping my suspicion on Rock.

As far as who Vax's partner could be...the only way it doesn't conflict with my town reads or yours is if it's Johnny. Based on nothing more than PoE at this point, which can easily change once Johnny actually starts posting.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 237, GuyInFreezer wrote:he has a solid on Radon and somewhat solid reads on Clasko and Vax (which I do not agree but let’s chalk that as him being new)
I don't think I communicated this well but there's a bit of a drop-off from my #1 to my #2 and 3. I'd say I was about 90% confident in my Roden TR but only about 40% on Clasko/Vaxkiller. That being said, I'm chucking Vaxkiller off my townleans now. I went back and looked at their ISO and it just really isn't that great. I gave them a pass earlier because they said they would be better on the weekdays (and also because it was still early in the day), but it's been like 3 days and they still are making the same kind of posts for no good reason.
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
NotAJumbleOfNumbers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 pm

Post by NotAJumbleOfNumbers »

In post 242, Roden wrote:As far as who Vax's partner could be...the only way it doesn't conflict with my town reads or yours is if it's Johnny. Based on nothing more than PoE at this point, which can easily change once Johnny actually starts posting.
It's a bit of a hot take, but T3, maybe? Most of my conviction comes off of 198 which feels like an attempted setup for the d2 elimination more than anything else. Also, the strong TR read on Vaxkiller of all things. The only arguments he's given is "116 feels naturally towny" and it's not even a good one at that.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 233, GuyInFreezer wrote:If that was for your scum PT I have a very news for you my good sir
ROfl

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:44 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

GIF might be scum for pushing my obv town slot through.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:47 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

For GIF (a veteran player) to read my town slip in 116 and not recognize it as town is concerning. I actually felt bad after posting that. Felt like I was cheating. I didn't thinking about it until T3 said I obv towned, then I recognized it. If anything GIF doing this actually makes me feel a little better.

I like how this game is moving along now at least.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I think I might 1 v 1 GIF but id like a second opinion.

Games played.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 247, Vaxkiller wrote:read my town slip in 116
You know when T3 mentioned that in the first place I read over that post over and over thinking am I actually tripping for not recognizing an obvious townslip or something.
And then I realized I wasn't tripping and T3 is an oddball.
As of now you are being an absolute deadbeat in the game and the only defense you fall back on is that 116 is somehow a townslip (it's not. Rule of thumb about townslip is that it should be easy for everyone to see and recognize it on the spot.) and that "I should've known better."
If you're actually town you need to really step up your game. But every day I lean more and more towards you being not town in lieu of there are more people just solidifying themselves as obvtown.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”