Newbie 2069: Summertime [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.08

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Illwei [3]:
GrandpaMo, piisirrational, Bimblesticks
The Bulge [1]:
Roden
Bimblesticks [1]:
Illwei
Roden [1]:
Noraa

not voting [3]:
The Bulge, StrangeMatter, Cabd

mod notes~ The Bulge is v/la until the 27th
~ piisirrational is the new Bakslash
~ Cabd is the new ItalianoVD
~ looking for a replacement for Noraa

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by Datisi »

Ydrasse replaces Noraa.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

So is that the third or fourth person replaced.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i repped in after skimming a few noraa posts and going "yeah, noraa's town," and then i was rewarded with finding out that i can in fact read noraa

hi everyone, hello familiar faces, hello to new ones
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Hello Ydrasse.

You've been watching this game for a while, right? Can we hear what you have to say about other people?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:00 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

nope, i skimmed it in like ~3 minutes and just over noraa's slot

will read soon(?)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

@roden hey. let's talk when you're around.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Roden »

I'm here. I can respond on my break.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

oh, i wasn't asking for a response to anything particular, i just wanted some thoughts that weren't explicitly *at* someone i guess, but your read on things currently
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

:/ on one hand, easiest townread ever repped out before I could mess with her some more.

On the other hand, fairly-certain-it's-town ydra!
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

yes, it is town ydra!

it is finally a lie for me to say i wouldn't have repped into a scum slot, but, i was looking for something chill and this seemed easy enough =)

is this town cabd?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

You'll have to figure that one out on your own, spoilers are no fun.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i appreciate you being in enough pain and agony and guilt to not be able to lie to me and say town
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 326, piisirrational wrote:My question to you is, why DON'T you care about the votes on you? As town, you want to get enough information as possible, so if you are getting voted by people who may possibly be scum, you would want to address why they're voting you so you could possibly sort out the alignments of your votes
Gotta be completely honest I don't follow this one bit tbh.

I think it might be the fact that I can't comprehend the statement "enough information as possible" tbh. Because. that...just...doesn't...
well.

They say why they're voting on me tbh, so why would me engaging in that matter at all? If I feel the need to defend then I will but to be frank, I don't have the energy right now, and I don't see how defending myself would help me sort them.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 363, Illwei wrote:
In post 326, piisirrational wrote:My question to you is, why DON'T you care about the votes on you? As town, you want to get enough information as possible, so if you are getting voted by people who may possibly be scum, you would want to address why they're voting you so you could possibly sort out the alignments of your votes

I think it might be the fact that I can't comprehend the statement "enough information as possible" tbh. Because. that...just...doesn't...
well.

They say why they're voting on me tbh, so why would me engaging in that matter at all? If I feel the need to defend then I will but to be frank, I don't have the energy right now, and I don't see how defending myself would help me sort them.
If I may, I'd like to answer this. Sorting is not defending, and is more like gauging someone's alignment from their responses and such.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 358, Ydrasse wrote:oh, i wasn't asking for a response to anything particular, i just wanted some thoughts that weren't explicitly *at* someone i guess, but your read on things currently
I don't think Italiano/Cabd is town. I already mentioned it earlier but they have a lot of posts yet no real content. Italiano specifically kept teasing that he had a plan and a read list, but he never actually posted it.

Bimble vs Illwei is an interesting situation. Illwei has made a couple naked votes now and I don't think it's alignment indicative. I voted for them earlier, but I think they're at least trying to play the game, at least compared to Bimble who has an abysmally low post count as well as inconsistent sorting. He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts, or is at the very least way too wishy washy for someone with low content. I think Bimble is the more likely scum between the two and his "OMGUS" vote on Illwei indicates that to me.

GrandpaMo is town for actually trying to scum hunt and ask questions. Seems to generally just be excited to play the game, which isn't alignment indicative but makes me town lean them for that as well.

I've already given my case on Bulge.

Strange is null for me, but they haven't done anything particularly scummy. I need to reread their ISO but they're not pinging me enough to demand an immediate closer look.

Bakslash/piisirrational don't have enough posts but I think Bakslash town slipped by avoiding RVS.

And I have you town locked because of Nora.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 361, Cabd wrote:You'll have to figure that one out on your own, spoilers are no fun.
when r u gonna drop ur reads m8
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

well.

reference to post . please don't ignore my questions here. i feel like these would help us as town solve ur allignment better if you explain your reasonings on a few things i have pointed out.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:30 am

Post by Datisi »

nudging The Bulge.
~M
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

I'm leaning town on Noraa/Ydresse. Noraa seemed reasonable in everything she said, and Ydresse hasn't commented much so I don't read her either way.

I'm leaning scum on Cabd. Italiano was talked weirdly, but more importantly, I don't feel like Cabd has contributed anything to the conversation so far. I'm leaning town on GrandpaMo, he seems rational and like he's genuinely trying to figure stuff out.

I think piisirrational seems like town. I don't feel that confident in that, but they seem to genuinely ask questions.

well.

The fact you don't understand this makes no sense to me. As a townie, you want to gather as much information as you can, because the more information you have, the easier it is to make reads. If three people have voted you, you should be reacting and figuring out why, so you can determine whether they're doing it out of genuine concern or malicious intent. Instead you sound so lax, which I find really strange. "If I feel the need to defend then I will" I mean ideally you would want to respond to every read against you, no? If I was the most voted person right now I would be pretty clear to respond to everything people have said about me. Was planning on retracting my vote against you if you elaborated a little on why you voted for me, but you don't seem to want to elaborate on anything at the moment, so my vote stays.
In post 365, Roden wrote:
In post 358, Ydrasse wrote:oh, i wasn't asking for a response to anything particular, i just wanted some thoughts that weren't explicitly *at* someone i guess, but your read on things currently
I don't think Italiano/Cabd is town. I already mentioned it earlier but they have a lot of posts yet no real content. Italiano specifically kept teasing that he had a plan and a read list, but he never actually posted it.

Bimble vs Illwei is an interesting situation. Illwei has made a couple naked votes now and I don't think it's alignment indicative. I voted for them earlier, but I think they're at least trying to play the game, at least compared to Bimble who has an abysmally low post count as well as inconsistent sorting. He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts, or is at the very least way too wishy washy for someone with low content. I think Bimble is the more likely scum between the two and his "OMGUS" vote on Illwei indicates that to me.

GrandpaMo is town for actually trying to scum hunt and ask questions. Seems to generally just be excited to play the game, which isn't alignment indicative but makes me town lean them for that as well.

I've already given my case on Bulge.

Strange is null for me, but they haven't done anything particularly scummy. I need to reread their ISO but they're not pinging me enough to demand an immediate closer look.

Bakslash/piisirrational don't have enough posts but I think Bakslash town slipped by avoiding RVS.

And I have you town locked because of Nora.
"He somehow managed to contradict himself within seven posts" Could you elaborate? I think I've been completely consistent. Also, the reason behind my "abysmally low post count" is a) few people have pinged me or attacked me directly, b) I tend to write longer posts where I respond to everything I want to and c) I've already laid out my takes on everybody.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:01 am

Post by Illwei »

In post 312, GrandpaMo wrote:what lol

ok then... let me ask u what makes bimble scum?

and do u have any townreds?

also what do you feel about roden?

and what do u feel about the scumreads on you? including mine
mmm sure

My vote was a statement

There's paranoia but pretty much just nora rn.
overall like bulge but there were a couple things that I didn't tbh. flip that for roden though I guess.

He's felt a bit agressive in the beginning but idk how to read people who are new but not really because they study or something

apathy
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:19 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 370, Illwei wrote:

mmm sure

My vote was a statement

overall like bulge but there were a couple things that I didn't tbh. flip that for roden though I guess.

He's felt a bit agressive in the beginning but idk how to read people who are new but not really because they study or something

apathy
hm not the answers i was looking for...
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:36 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

In post 370, Illwei wrote:

mmm sure

My vote was a statement

apathy
At this point I'm beginning to wonder if you're trolling to try and get a reaction. "My vote was a statement." A statement on what? "apathy" How do you feel apathetic about three people reading you as evil?
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

I'll have time this evening to catch up
The Bulge