sang froid
sang froid
Goon
sang froid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by sang froid »

I'll try to adapt it to lilo for this game if it bothers you but I broadly think the term stands on it's own due to the phonetics lining up fine with the "lim" switch
"Mafia isn't about making or keeping friendships.
It's about slowly becoming a bitter and awful person that everyone resents."

~Cheetory6
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

What I'm hearing is this game needs to turn out more like mini normal 2191/2181 or large normal 232 where I continue to shit the bed and be an apathetic fuck to reset my paranoia stars.

Sadly, I like you all and am not currently in enough of a slump to do that to myself.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:30 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 722, Cabd wrote:
In post 147, Datisi wrote:
GrandpaMo replaces gray.

in the future, please do not post until i announce the replacement.
Wtf you are a replacement dude.

Says so right there.
bru wtf is wrong wit me today -- im referencing other games

i cant talk about ongoing games but yea
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 734, StrangeMatter wrote:I can, and I read that wrong.
that's been you all game.

after multiple pressure from me including, you have seen to be correcting yourself.

after all these townreads on you, you just might be scum that has incredibly increased your scum equity.

but you literally have been getting stuff very much wrong since the beginning, and placing purposeful stuff out of context and no one has been noticing but me i suppose.

dw, im watching you strangematter. while everyone is townreading you, you may or may not be scum afterall...
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 745, Ydrasse wrote:i keep cringing whenever i remember that cabd replaced italiano
i literally forgot everyone in this game that was a replacement even myself LOL
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

You know the thing about third times and enemy action? You're killing me.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay so it's like 10PM, where the hell did today go.

Ilway was pinging the part of our tell that is about seeking validation while also rolling over to die instead of fighting and standing up for themselves. I'm sorry I don't have time before bed to actually unpack this, I will try my best to do so in the morning but it's bedtime for the family. Tomorrow looms dangerously, including a damn data center ticket.

It's not enough at this point, given enw data, to stand in the way of anyone else's stronger convictions. Just don't forget about it entirely.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Cabd »

Sorry friendos and enemy-os alike.

Don't get old, it sucks.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 538, Lukewarm wrote:Grandpa is town
Literally every post that Grandpa has made since I gave him this townread has made me feel like I am back in the Aliensitter game. If I had not back read his iso, he would be lock scum atm -- but, I really did like his early iso for town

:conflicted:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by The Bulge »

ydra stays noided
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by The Bulge »

christ this game. I'm caught up and have over a dozen tabs open but instead of writing anything in them I am going to go get drunk off frozen coolers and just post in the AM. toodles!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 706, GrandpaMo wrote:also ur statement -- isnt this a closed setup?
By the way, no. This is not a closed set up. Newbie games are semi-open
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 705, GrandpaMo wrote:oh i forgot this game was newbie LOL

LMFAOOO aye yo this whole time i was thinking this was an open setup wit like cop and medic
This is impossible for me to believe

Spoiler: Grandpa talking about this being a newbie game
In post 203, GrandpaMo wrote:This is why I thought roden is one of those players that can be easily taken advantage of
in a newbie game
In post 252, GrandpaMo wrote:literally the only reason
im playing in the newbie queue
is to fix my diverted and bad playstyle i play as town
In post 331, GrandpaMo wrote:
im signing up in newbie games
to work on it haha
In post 650, GrandpaMo wrote:ok looking at their games, they started in micro games, this is prehaps an alt of a se player
that decided to play in newbies that last 2 games.

I would like to also point out that the most egregious example of this is 650, which was posted less then 2 hours before he claimed that he did not know this was a newbie game

VOTE: Grandpa
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

And just in general -- the term newbie shows up in his iso 31 times. He was very aware that he was in the newbie queue playing with newbie players
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:38 pm

Post by Illwei »

I am just finding it hilarious that this game is basically no longer the same game that started, unless you think it is. that whole boat story or whatnot, you know.

I want to talk but I dread posting because I'm going to be expected to solve and I am too lost to solve right now if that even makes any sense
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:39 pm

Post by Illwei »

I feel as overwhelmed right now as I did in the last game I played, which was a mash with 50 people

this shouldn't be right
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:07 pm

Post by Illwei »

In post 676, sang froid wrote:(1) the idea of "deciding" how to read someone is uh, odd to me

and (2) a read in terms of town/scum being based on reasonableness also seems strange. town are often unreasonable, scum very often try hard to be reasonable. why does the read depend on this?
Personally it makes sense to me in a way- just in the fact that you can read people differently for different reasons, unless I'm misinterpreting him.
I didn't take it as reading people who are unreasonable as scum and reasonable as town, but as players that don't make sense generally or are loud and flailing are sometimes easier/different to read than people who are more controlled or whatnot
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Post by Illwei »

I don't understand the reaction of the OMGUS vote on me from bimble I am too tired to understand it.

It implies to me that he did feel the pressure of my vote which is ?? in itself

I am too tired to go back through his iso, I tried and the format ofhis posts, specifically the response to quotes istoo hard to read fro me
Illwei
Illwei
Goon
Illwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Post by Illwei »

this game is like a team game but if no teams were allowed communications and subouts happened mid-day
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:20 pm

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.13

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-07-01 21:45:00).

elimination
Bimblesticks [3]:
Illwei, sang froid, GrandpaMo
Illwei [1]:
Bimblesticks
GrandpaMo [1]:
Lukewarm

not voting [4]:
The Bulge, StrangeMatter, Cabd, Ydrasse

mod notes~ less than 12 hours remaining!

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:56 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

[quote="In post 762, Lukewarm"][/quote]

no no i know this setup was a newbie setup but at that moment i had forgot and this is because i had played the day prior an all stars setup wit the roles i mentioned. (thru video mafia -- it was fun)

dont take this as a dumbtell or slip -- but more of just me forgetting which can be either scum or town, i dont really would think its AI if u were to do something like that luke.

if i had a towncase on you and you did something like that -- that is something i would ignore to put in.

you should look at it from the general prospective and not this specific interaction on why you think im town, because u had me right!
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

I promised I would give a list of my reads, so here goes:

TR
: The Bulge, Ydrasse
TL
: Cabd
NTL
:
N
: GrandpaMo, Lukewarm
NSL
: StrangeMatter
SL
:
SR
: Illwei

I've left sang froid out because part of me wants to believe he's lying about his claim. Being a genuine role cop and claiming it D1 in a game with this set-up feels like such an unbelievably stupid move that I'm leaning towards him being VT trying to cover for PTs or scum trying to pretend to cover for PTs. Where I sort him depends a lot on whether or not he survives with results tomorrow.

In response to those arguing I'm scum, I haven't been involved in too many conversations this game so I can't really make an argument in defense of myself, other than to say that I think Illwei is more suspicious. They've generally avoided giving strong answers to questions or giving their own opinions on people, using excuses about how they don't know or don't care. Here are a few examples:

In post 93, Illwei wrote:
In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:Leaving out your thoughts is kind of like pushing someone scummy, but not really explaining why they are pushing that person.
lmao that's all i do, nice to know
This one is bizarre. Why make posts without explaining your reasoning?

In post 191, Illwei wrote:
In post 142, StrangeMatter wrote:Where is everyone right now, I get that discussion is a bit harder with a person VLA, and one has to be replaced, but 6 other people aren't even talking at all. That kind of seems like a waste of a day to have no discussion whatsoever. So can those 6 people explain why they're not talking right now?
Don't expect me to be so active, I joined this game because I don't have so much time during the days anymore but still wanted to play a game, so I figured one that wasn't 48/24 would be easier for my schedule.
This one in particular is weird to me, only a little bit into the game he's already setting a low standard for himself, saying we shouldn't expect him to engage much.

In post 396, Illwei wrote:
In post 372, Bimblesticks wrote:A statement on what? "apathy" How do you feel apathetic about three people reading you as evil?
my dear bimble
if only I could feel anythin but apathy rn tbh
In post 491, Illwei wrote:
In post 480, Bimblesticks wrote:Illwei, if you don't want to get voted today, I'd appreciate it if you answered some questions:

1. Why did you vote for me? What is your read on me at the moment, considering you haven't unvoted?

2. Why have you been reacting to everything with apathy? Do you just not care about this game?

3. Do you genuinely belive cabd/mo are the scumteam? Can you not understand why people are suspicious of you?

Also, I disagree with Ydresse that is a town post. The argument made here doesn't make sense, townies should obviously want as much information as possible and to pressure people that vote for them.
1. because whatshisface didn't. their post read like something they wanted to pressure, and then they didn't add pressure, and I was like ???? but brain doesn't work so that was my way of expressing that.

2. my dude I don't care about life right now, but there have been so many sub outs already and I subbed out of my last MS game so I am here out of sheer stubbornness

3. No. That was a joke. because they are both repeatedly spelling my name how it sounds and not how it is spelled, but they both seem to hear it differently. I found it funny lol.
Number 2 here just feels like a really easy way to avoid having to explain yourself.

In post 764, Illwei wrote: I want to talk but I dread posting because I'm going to be expected to solve and I am too lost to solve right now if that even makes any sense
This is a game of mafia, and there are people scumreading you. You don't have to solve everything but some pushes or opinions on recent events would be nice.

I totally understand and emphasise with the argument that scum would want to appear engaged, but, to dabble in WIFOM, Illwei's apathy feels like a really easy way to avoid having to engage and talk (as the more you talk, the more likely people are to scumread what you say), while still keeping this aura of town (after all, why would a townie act this apathetic?).
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
Bimblesticks
Bimblesticks
Townie
Bimblesticks
Townie
Townie

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:58 am

Post by Bimblesticks »

*cop, not role cop.
"That's how mafia works"
- Abraham Lincoln
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:58 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 771, Bimblesticks wrote:I promised I would give a list of my reads, so here goes:

TR
: The Bulge, Ydrasse
TL
: Cabd
NTL
:
N
: GrandpaMo, Lukewarm
NSL
: StrangeMatter
SL
:
SR
: Illwei

I've left sang froid out because part of me wants to believe he's lying about his claim. Being a genuine role cop and claiming it D1 in a game with this set-up feels like such an unbelievably stupid move that I'm leaning towards him being VT trying to cover for PTs or scum trying to pretend to cover for PTs. Where I sort him depends a lot on whether or not he survives with results tomorrow.

In response to those arguing I'm scum, I haven't been involved in too many conversations this game so I can't really make an argument in defense of myself, other than to say that I think Illwei is more suspicious. They've generally avoided giving strong answers to questions or giving their own opinions on people, using excuses about how they don't know or don't care. Here are a few examples:

In post 93, Illwei wrote:
In post 87, StrangeMatter wrote:Leaving out your thoughts is kind of like pushing someone scummy, but not really explaining why they are pushing that person.
lmao that's all i do, nice to know
This one is bizarre. Why make posts without explaining your reasoning?

In post 191, Illwei wrote:
In post 142, StrangeMatter wrote:Where is everyone right now, I get that discussion is a bit harder with a person VLA, and one has to be replaced, but 6 other people aren't even talking at all. That kind of seems like a waste of a day to have no discussion whatsoever. So can those 6 people explain why they're not talking right now?
Don't expect me to be so active, I joined this game because I don't have so much time during the days anymore but still wanted to play a game, so I figured one that wasn't 48/24 would be easier for my schedule.
This one in particular is weird to me, only a little bit into the game he's already setting a low standard for himself, saying we shouldn't expect him to engage much.

In post 396, Illwei wrote:
In post 372, Bimblesticks wrote:A statement on what? "apathy" How do you feel apathetic about three people reading you as evil?
my dear bimble
if only I could feel anythin but apathy rn tbh
In post 491, Illwei wrote:
In post 480, Bimblesticks wrote:Illwei, if you don't want to get voted today, I'd appreciate it if you answered some questions:

1. Why did you vote for me? What is your read on me at the moment, considering you haven't unvoted?

2. Why have you been reacting to everything with apathy? Do you just not care about this game?

3. Do you genuinely belive cabd/mo are the scumteam? Can you not understand why people are suspicious of you?

Also, I disagree with Ydresse that is a town post. The argument made here doesn't make sense, townies should obviously want as much information as possible and to pressure people that vote for them.
1. because whatshisface didn't. their post read like something they wanted to pressure, and then they didn't add pressure, and I was like ???? but brain doesn't work so that was my way of expressing that.

2. my dude I don't care about life right now, but there have been so many sub outs already and I subbed out of my last MS game so I am here out of sheer stubbornness

3. No. That was a joke. because they are both repeatedly spelling my name how it sounds and not how it is spelled, but they both seem to hear it differently. I found it funny lol.
Number 2 here just feels like a really easy way to avoid having to explain yourself.

In post 764, Illwei wrote: I want to talk but I dread posting because I'm going to be expected to solve and I am too lost to solve right now if that even makes any sense
This is a game of mafia, and there are people scumreading you. You don't have to solve everything but some pushes or opinions on recent events would be nice.

I totally understand and emphasise with the argument that scum would want to appear engaged, but, to dabble in WIFOM, Illwei's apathy feels like a really easy way to avoid having to engage and talk (as the more you talk, the more likely people are to scumread what you say), while still keeping this aura of town (after all, why would a townie act this apathetic?).
fuck these reads look towny af.

hol up let me explore this for one minute

UNVOTE:

VOTE: StrangeMatter
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
GrandpaMo
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:59 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 772, Bimblesticks wrote:*cop, not role cop.
wait is that a slip?????

LOL

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”