Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:40 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Thor, why don't you want to reveal your main? I doubt many people would remember you or know who you are, so it wouldn't mean anything to most people.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:41 am

Post by Auro »

Two more: PenguinPower and the worst.
Also, have CSF and Bee been townreads for you for a large part of the game?

This has nothing to do with you being 'defensive', it's part of me figuring out what utility you derived from engagements (apart from convincing people of something, we can get to that later).
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Scum. Unsure. Yes.

Question for you to ponder. Is the important part to you "deriving utility" from engagements, or the attempt to do so in the first place?
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:44 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

If this whole interaction has been your roundabout way of asking me my reads, there are more straightforward ways to go about that.
Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Bee »

MM, what are your reads?

Spoiler:
I feel like there’s a lot people either miss in translation with you or choose not to because you seem to be clear in what you’re saying and making an effort to do so in your processes. I thought that the point about your energy levels and when you pop up and how you do to be a pretty good thought beyond just lol frozen scum but ultimately your content has like... a precision to it that I’m uninterested in voting out ATM and would rather pick your brain or have you spew it out for us. :>
The devil's got nothing on me, my friend.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2011, Miss Midnight wrote:Also, you don't need to engage people to get reads.
<(") | (")>
Bee
Bee
Goon
Bee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:54 am

Post by Bee »

Also I have some thoughts regarding Thor and they’re funny ones but he shouldn’t have to out his alt.
The devil's got nothing on me, my friend.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:59 am

Post by Auro »

In post 2027, Miss Midnight wrote: Question for you to ponder. Is the important part to you "deriving utility" from engagements, or the attempt to do so in the first place?
Usually you can figure why someone thought their attempt was one worth making.

Last interactions: Penguin says there's no such thing as "evidence" on D1. You argue that there's a lot more readable content providing far more value than a flip. Penguin argues that behaviour can influence feelings and actions, but only revealed truth is evidence. You mention you just seem to use it in different ways and end the conversation.

Is your scumread on Penguin largely based off this interaction?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1992, Miss Midnight wrote:To be clear, I actually do think it could be possible that Thor is scum and also made that mistake. I just disagree that it's not a mistake, or was made intentionally to townslip.
Here's my problem with Thor's "townslip". It violates what we were asked to confirm. We were asked to pick an individual role, not a side. Therefore, I struggle to believe someone who planned his plan for a day didn't even double check this assertion.

If he had double checked his assertion, then his assertion would have made the draft cop a second role cop. They wouldn't need separate names.

Secondly, his theory puts us bo closer to winning. Let's suppose everyone follows his plan. Great, we have no separate clears from as if we didn't.

However, we could get lost in setup spec and give PR slips all over the place.

VOTE: Thor
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 2025, Something_Smart wrote:Thor, why don't you want to reveal your main? I doubt many people would remember you or know who you are, so it wouldn't mean anything to most people.
As much as I think Thor is scum, it's his right to play on sn alt. As long as he doesn't use meta, it's pretty fair.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:55 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.26

with 14 votes in play, it takes 8 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-09-03 17:20:00).

yeet
ManateeGal [6]:
Bee, Gamma Emerald, Thor Ragnarok, the worst, Flea The Magician, PenguinPower
Miss Midnight [2]:
House, Auro
Flea The Magician [1]:
Cat Scratch Fever
Gamma Emerald [1]:
Miss Midnight
Enchant [1]:
ManateeGal
Thor Ragnarok [1]
Titus

not voting [2]:
Something_Smart, Enchant

mod notes~ dual mod iso

flavourImage
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:28 am

Post by Titus »

I hate the ManateeGal wagon ftr. My money is on Thor and Flea scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2030, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2011, Miss Midnight wrote:Also, you don't need to engage people to get reads.
To be clear, my problem with you isn't that you don't seem to be
engaging
people to get reads, my problem with you is that it doesn't seem like you have any reads at all, nor are you making any effort to do so. It seems to me like you've basically said yourself that this is the case? What with the whole "day ones are useless" and such.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2032, Auro wrote:Last interactions: Penguin says there's no such thing as "evidence" on D1. You argue that there's a lot more readable content providing far more value than a flip. Penguin argues that behaviour can influence feelings and actions, but only revealed truth is evidence. You mention you just seem to use it in different ways and end the conversation.

Is your scumread on Penguin largely based off this interaction?
No. My scumread on Penguin came before that interaction. I do think that he is using that mostly as an excuse though, and so take it as mildly scum indicative, but it's not largely based off that interaction.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:44 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2036, Titus wrote:I hate the ManateeGal wagon ftr. My money is on Thor and Flea scum.
You lost money in that case.

If you said OR, then maybe.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Like I said. I think that 1 day 22 hours on the clock is really not the best time to be pressure wagoning someone. Also, this is another "level zero" thought similar to what I said about Flea and Enchant, but I think that the lack of any real counterwagon movement to Manatee is weak evidence that scum don't have any problem with the current state of affairs. It's possible Manatee is being bussed, but I think that's like the third possible world I would be considering here. (That's not just an expression, it really is the third.)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2037, Miss Midnight wrote:
In post 2030, PenguinPower wrote:
To be clear, my problem with you isn't that you don't seem to be
engaging
people to get reads, my problem with you is that it doesn't seem like you have any reads at all, nor are you making any effort to do so. It seems to me like you've basically said yourself that this is the case? What with the whole "day ones are useless" and such.
So, your problem with me is admittedly a playstyle issue which goes back to my comment about you wanting people to fit into your mold.

To be clear - which if you were reading with actual intent to understand you would have understood - I have reads, but I have no strong reads. It's day 1 and there's nothing to form a strong opinion off. There are people I wouldn't wagon or vote out today! There are also lots of people that I would!
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

Another random note for the record, I also think that Titus has a decent shot at being scum. I am simply not going to elaborate any more on this read right now other than "I disvibe her posting votes and scumreads."
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 2040, Miss Midnight wrote:It's possible Manatee is being bussed
With an inactive scum buddy that's not unlikely!
<(") | (")>
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

I think there's more utility in doing in on a later day. But like I said, it's possible. At the moment think it's more likely not the case though.
Miss Midnight
Miss Midnight
Goon
Miss Midnight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:57 am

Post by Miss Midnight »

In post 2041, PenguinPower wrote:So, your problem with me is admittedly a playstyle issue which goes back to my comment about you wanting people to fit into your mold.

To be clear - which if you were reading with actual intent to understand you would have understood - I have reads, but I have no strong reads. It's day 1 and there's nothing to form a strong opinion off. There are people I wouldn't wagon or vote out today! There are also lots of people that I would!
You keep saying that I try to "fit people in my mold". I'm not sure if you think that it works to discredit what I'm saying or what. Maybe it does. But I think it's pretty clear that that isn't the case, like I talked about earlier when it comes to my reads on S_S, Manatee (and also maybe Enchant) and as I recall you mostly just brushed off.

You say you have reads but no strong reads. Okay. That isn't what this is about to me. To me, this is about a lack of demonstrable evidence for that first claim, that you have reads, even if they're not strong ones. As I said earlier, with the way that you engage people on various topics I would expect some of that style of engagement to also happen on the subject of some reads you have, or even just one. But I don't see that pattern of behavior in your play so far.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:01 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Again - you are expecting my play to fit into what you view as town play. You are specifically stating that. What you expect is not how I play and can be seen
with evidence
if you actually gave a fuck.

I'm pretty done with you. Bye bye.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:01 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: MM
<(") | (")>
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Titus »

Sads here PP. Lots of sads.

MM, PP is town.

Mama Bear hates when her kids fight. Can we defeat gods instead of each other?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”