Gamma Emerald (2)- Almost50, Bingle
VP Baltar (1)- Gamma Emerald
Fun and Games (1)- Dunnstral
Datisi (1)- SirCakez
Iconeum (1)- Sleepless Assassin
Not_Mafia (1)- Not_Mafia
Sleepless Assassin (1)- Enchant

Not voting (0)- Nobody

With 13 alive it takes 7 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2021-11-23 23:00:00)

Mod notes: brawl stars is a fun game
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Gamma: I do not bait people into exhibiting scumtells. I wait for them to do it naturally. And I did ALWAYS try to apply that tell to you when I played you. It was just not as blatant as this time. I also always tried to avoid mentioning explicitly because you had told me about it in privacy (via a PM conversation) and I wanted to respect that. I only let it out this time because you demanded the explanation yourself. If you ISO me you'd see that I have tried to avoid explaining when others wanted me to.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 636, Datisi wrote:if i definitely declare my read on ico one way or another now, and i'm wrong, it's going to be extremely hard to correct it later.
ok but you didn't have any trouble nailing him to a wall and murderifying him the last time he was scum(and that was like 5 hours into the game?) and you were town so uh, can you see why we are worried about your noncommitment here?
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Fun and Games »

I guess it is somewhat unfair for us to hold you to the standard of "Datisi, Glorious Dragon Slayer of Legend"
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Datisi »

i can see it. do you think i'm a miracle worker who, just because i once managed to figure out ico's alignment within 5 hours, i'm always gonna be able to do that? hell, this kinda thing has happened before. there are a few games where i nailed scum!bugspray in under 5 pages, and then there are later games where it took me much longer to read their alignment. my read rates on people aren't always consistent.

pedit: thank you
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:15 am

Post by Fun and Games »

I mean it'd be unfair if Ico hasn't done anything for you to nail him with but he reads as kinda scummy to us so we're confused why you don't see it too?

but you have more experience with him then we do so...
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 620, Datisi wrote:that's not what i'm saying? i'm saying scum!you would be very aware you're wasting your time here. objectively, nobody is scumreading me other than you. and that is what you originally attacked me for.

push on enchant being that of lhf, anything else?
Your whole reaction to my push feels scummy. Like you're trying to belittle it and make it seem insignificant.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:18 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 620, Datisi wrote:that's not what i'm saying? i'm saying scum!you would be very aware you're wasting your time here. objectively, nobody is scumreading me other than you. and that is what you originally attacked me for.

push on enchant being that of lhf, anything else?
In post 631, Datisi wrote:
so, my out-of-the-fridge-overnight scumcase of vp baltar:

the last two games the two of us have played together are mini normal 2195 and mini normal 2207. for the purposes of this post, all you need to know about 2195 is that i was scum, baltar was town, and his read on me was... not very correct.

in 2207, we were both town. however, due to the game taking place some two weeks after 2195, it took us a while to figure that out. somewhat early on in the game, this sequence between baltar and luca took place: (bolded and underlined the currently relevant parts)
Spoiler:
In post 287, Luca Blight wrote:
Datisi Town

Norwee Town
Geraint Town

IV scum
In post 292, VP Baltar wrote:
Calling town reads quick on folks who might be argumentative and calling IV scum when he's being silly, plus OMGUSing slightly cause I poked him.

Sounds like Luca is scumming it up on the path of least resistance over there.
In post 299, Luca Blight wrote:
I have a lot of experience with Datisi and Norwee and they both seem Town so far

Scum can be silly too

My opinion on you has nothing to do with Omgus, and is more in line with what Norwegian touched on before - you’re commenting on stuff but not really doing anything with it. Right now you’re assuming motives behind my reads without even bothering to question them
In post 300, VP Baltar wrote:
I have lots of experience with Datisi as well. It is too early to tell his alignment.

Repeating a point from Norwegian about me (which is very eh to begin with) is definitely in line with OMGUS.

in which baltar immediately pushed back on luca's townread on me, saying that it's way too early for it.

a little bit later on, i called him out for not having a read on me by that point (when i thought he should have one), and these are parts of our conversation that followed:
Spoiler:
In post 380, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 378, Datisi wrote:i feel like he shouldn't be dead null on me still?
Why? You're gonna have to build trust with me after I went easy on you last game. Clearly the things I find town from your playstyle are fakeable, so I think I have every right to be skeptical of my ability there, yeah?
In post 387, VP Baltar wrote:I'm not saying there aren't differences. But but but...I'd expect you to make alterations if you DID happen to draw scum with me again.

For example, a big tell you did drop in that game was just never really pushing on me. (In some ways, I don't want to say this aloud, but I'm sure you know already). I can see you aren't doing that here, but I'm WIFOMing myself that perhaps you wouldn't do that again. FWIW, nothing about you this game has pinged me on a gut level as bad yet, which is a good sign. I did have some of those pings last game and I stupidly dismissed them as my own paranoia.

I do think I'll be able to sort you, but I expect it will take me a bit longer this time around.
In post 392, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 390, Datisi wrote:so what's the reason for you shutting down luca's townread of me then? @vp obviously
Because you are a good player, which he knows, and the better a player is, the more time you should probably take to be sure you're sorting them correctly.

and, my personal favourite:
Spoiler:
In post 1069, VP Baltar wrote:I hope your scum win made you happy, because now I see darkness behind every corner.

all of these are showing a healthy dose of paranoia of me. most of his play around me that game, especially early, was careful. he wasn't letting me pick up easy townreads, because he knew how much damage scum!me can do when i'm being townread.

compare these quotes to this game? it's night and day. there is NO paranoia, there is zero caution, he's calling me town for most flimsy reasoning of gut and vibes, he doesn't concern himself at all that the vast majority of the game is townreading me for potentially bad reasons. he's vibing. this is why i asked him to elaborate on his townread of me. without actually solid reasons, it just... felt like pocketing.

however, if he truly didn't remember that i was scum in 2195, and wasn't thinking of that game at all, then i'm not sure just how much of this scumcase is valid. typing it out, i do like it again, but ehhh.

as for the tinfoil of lying about not remembering a game that i mentioned in : if he realized that he's "forgotten" to show paranoia of me, and realized that i know he should be showing paranoia of me, then "haha i just didn't remember that one game where you had a good scum performance!" is a way to get out of being caught on the basis of not showing paranoia.

also, unrelated to the above, and are disgusting, but i have to run through some meta checks to see if they're scum!indicative. those meta checks require reading through a few isos to see if my memory of games that took place a year and a half ago is correct. that will have to wait, as that is not something i feel like doing on a friday night.
Ok if you are town this is actually a good case though because that tell of not being paranoid is a good one and I've gotten caught from it before
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 656, SirCakez wrote:Your whole reaction to my push feels scummy. Like you're trying to belittle it and make it seem insignificant.
nah fam, if i were scum i'd have gotten into a 10-page-long discussion with you where i would be mincing your words and going in circles and try to make you look as shit as possible. like, i'm sorry but your read on me is just bad. i'm not stopping you from trying to convince others about it, but i will be pointing out what i think is bad about it.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am

Post by SirCakez »

Ok then I don't think this discussion can help this progress any more because we clearly disagree
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Cakez is TOWN
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

We should still yeet Dunn today BTW.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

could you respond to my , please?
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 644, Datisi wrote:
In post 638, VP Baltar wrote:It's kind of silly to think I should be super paranoid about you forever because I lost to you once as scum. Of course the game directly after that I am going to be super on guard about my own biases. Doesnt mean that paranoia is a life long affliction or that I didn't learn from those mistakes.
of course, i wouldn't expect you to have paranoia about me in every single game we play forever. but even then, it's such a stark contrast. i'd expect you to pick up on some of my meta tells and learn from your mistakes, but i just have a feeling i'm not really seeing it being applied here?
As I stated above, I think you're comparing two events that are very distance in time and circumstances from each other.

I don't really know what to say about a game I didn't even remember.

Like, you're trying to say my meta is I'm paranoid of you....but that is not really how I play this game in general. You're a good player for sure, but so is basically everyone is this game. Does that mean I shouldn't get gut reads on people based on the play I see in front of me?

I also meant it when I said I'll know you're scum if you continue to live too long. So I guess I'm just not worrying myself too much at this moment if my initial reaction to your play is fully accurate or not.
YOUR AD HERE

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Datisi »

i was mostly interested in the "i learned from those mistakes" part, but i might have misunderstood what you meant by it. after all, me usually getting killed as town is a thing. fine, you get to live for now.
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 664, Datisi wrote:i was mostly interested in the "i learned from those mistakes" part, but i might have misunderstood what you meant by it. after all, me usually getting killed as town is a thing. fine, you get to live for now.
By that, I mean understanding when it feels like you're being manipulative in your approach to the game or asking earnest questions.

I don't think I'm an expert on the mysteries of datisi, but you're probably the person I've played with the most consistently since coming back to the site in 2019. So at least I have some baseline to reference when I feel a twinge of suspicion.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I'm signing off for weekend VLA. I may still check on my phone, but I'm guessing I'll have some catching up to do Sunday when I get back.
YOUR AD HERE

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 630, Fun and Games wrote:dont like me doing it
I don't think I ever said that, actually. Post (which I assume is what you're referring to) is me saying that Dunn's take on your push on him was questionable, and that your play as a whole has given me weird feels. Those two things are mostly unrelated. Post I talk about your push on Dunn, but more in a sense that you're not pushing other people and I'm not sure how I feel about that than that I dislike the push itself.

I can't really argue that I was super interested in voting Dunn (because I wasn't) but tbh I wasn't super interested in voting anyone. That's why I hadn't moved my vote off of you and why I'm sheeping A50 rn.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 639, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also scum!bingle likes to focus on mech vs. faking solving so townreading bingle for anything to do with mech is bad play
?

This is just wrong. My entire thing is that I mechspeak from a purely NAI place. Like, townreading me for mechspeak is bad, but I don't particularly lean into it as scum over town. I mechspeak exactly as much as I feel the situation calls for it, regardless of my alignment, because my first interest in mafia is from a game theory/design standpoint and I find the social manipulation/deduction to be secondary (but still fun). More, you know that. We spent an entire game in a mason chat where I got so bored with the solved game that literally all I did was mechspeak.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t remember being in a masonry w you ever lol
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 625, VP Baltar wrote:We accept you as a provisional member of the Olds. A few more years and you'll be in the inner circle. (There is IcyHot)
Can I be a provisional member of the Olds? I'm only 29 but I've had heart issues since I was 15, a bum leg that sometimes requires a cane because of nerve damage, Sciatica, chronic migraines and have had Shingles twice. Also, hair loss that leaves me oddly reminiscent of A50's avatar. And I rant about how the youths are ruining my mafia.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:17 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 669, Gamma Emerald wrote:I don’t remember being in a masonry w you ever lol
OK1, modded by some monkey.

I was Queen Latifa.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh dear. It seems someone in here has truly buried themselves before even getting to know the hole they’d dug for themselves.
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't recommend eliminating me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 480, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: dunn

Legit think there are two scum in (Dunn, Gamma, enchant, Ico)

Game is moving too fast and they can't keep with the pace. Sleeper scum in the actives.
Have you never played a game where I was town before?

Return to “Completed Open Games”