Mini 2250: Role-A-Pair Mafia (Game Over)

Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:00 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
@Triangle
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 467, Triangle Shape wrote:ovrall feel is off.

Pnta ddnt try 2 intract wi me v well. Yes its a wll, its scalble. Loop argumnt & msdrctin ws usd agnst me.

TmRd ws b4 tht intrctin.
I’m trying now despite the text speak giving me a headache.

I’ve also changed my read on you if you haven’t noticed?

I think you should be paired because I like you better than either Star or Diamond. Why haven’t you commented on that?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 469, Color Green wrote:I think I would trust a Diamond/Orange pair more than I would trust some of the other pairs that have already formed.
I prefer Orange/Triangle.

Also don’t like this post from Green. What is so trustworthy about Diamond?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Also Green, if you trust Diamond so much, why don’t you pair with them?

Shapes

Pentagon
Circle/Arrow
Heart/Triangle
————
Diamond/Star

Colors

Red/Blue/Purple/Orange
———
Green

So I guess I’m mindmelding with Arrow because I dislike the same three slots.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:25 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Is anyone else noticing that Star, Green and Diamond are all tunneling on Blue?
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:34 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

parin isnt a prity rn 4 me. if i gt delayer thn u all kno my trgt. RdPenta.

ur rd on me dsnt bthr me ethr.

u engged me w/ msdrctn. u saw LHF & went koolaid.gif
i hv no rsn 2 blve ud tlk 2 me in gd faith
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

In post 475, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 150, Toogeloo wrote:The reason I thought Diamond TMI'd was because as far as I know, we don't know what our powers or modifiers are. So when he claimed that Mafia would have a Roleblock, I assumed he was talking about one of their powers and not the delay action (which isn't a Roleblock).

Shortly after, Pentagon states he didn't like Diamond, which is why I considered Pentagon a good spot to pair with.

I haven't really been trying to scum hunt, so much as figure out who would be my ideal partner.
@Triangle
Ths is a nonanon pst.
ignrd.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:41 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

Spoiler:
In post 351, Star Shape wrote:
In post 316, Color Blue wrote:
In post 310, Star Shape wrote:Not really liking Blue's posts, early reads felt off and her scum reads ping me with Ro3.
Which of my early reads feel most off to you?

I am always happy to discuss.

I don't think I am so fantastic as to be right this early in the game and course correction is always better done early.
In post 15, Color Blue wrote:I have townpings from Circle and mild scumvibes off Purple's entrance.

I am looking for a partner with a great taste in music and also hopefully very active.

Must like long walks and have a great sense of humor.

Also preferably of town alignment because I don't need to be pocketed in a PT that would not be fun.
Town ping on Circle seems like TMI when all they did at that point was post a song and offer mech talk, yet you've shaded me for mech talk.

Read on Purple feels very quick and one-dimensional, and you just stick to this read going forward no matter what Purple says or does afterwards.
In post 27, Color Blue wrote:
In post 22, Color Orange wrote:I feel like I'd rather leave a town unpaired because even if delayer is anti-town, I'd rather have it in town's hands. I think a good strategy might be to never use it until 2 scum are dead?
I don't think that's how a delayer works.

I also think it'd be more informative & exciting for us to eliminate the unpaired player.

I do like the way you think about this and think it's more likely to come from town.
Subtly pushing for a shape to be the default elim knowing you'll be safe if people agree.

And again town reading somebody for mech talk.
In post 28, Color Blue wrote:I'm almost embarrassed to say I townread
You town read a screenshot...

Diamond ends up in your scum reads soon after anyway though with zero progression.
In post 149, Color Blue wrote: Like Diamond
In post 267, Color Blue wrote:Diamond what type of music do you like?
This is everything else in your ISO pertaining to Diamond until you scum read them.
In post 157, Color Blue wrote:I appreciate the effort but there's like no scum reads and it feels kind of robotic almost in the way he is town-reading people for doing fairly minor things.

Also if you townread people who took issue with your entrance, did you make your entrance deliberately scummy on purpose? I'm confused about your thought process there.
This seems more like you're trying to justify your scum read rather than just make an honest read on Purple.
In post 283, Color Blue wrote:Way too early readlist:

TR: Circle Arrow Yellow Orange Pentagon
TL: Red Triangle
Null: Heart Green
SR: Purple Star Diamond

I want to be wrong on Purple, I think I might be somewhat confbiased against him but most people think he's town so I don't think it will matter much.

I'd actually like pairing with Diamond despite thinking he's suspicious because he sounds like a fun guy and I have a weakness for bad boys.
Your suspicion on Diamond comes out of nowhere here. Going back to Ro3, you put three players in your scum reads, and it is the only read group to have three players in it. Regardless of the validity of your reads, Ro3 is a fairly consistent general scum tell and I think it points to Diamond being your scum buddy.

It looks to me like you tried to spin a positive vibe on Diamond, but when very few people bought it and Diamond proceeded to flail, you decided to put them in your scum reads in case town decides to elim them. However, you because you don't have a progression from a town read to a scum read, it makes it look like a fake read.

Star

Spoiler:
In post 468, Color Green wrote:
In post 315, Color Blue wrote:
In post 309, Color Green wrote:I think I'm focused way too much on trying to figure out Blue and not enough on sorting the shapes. Refocusing as I type.
Mmm while I am somewhat flattered by the attention, why are you so interested in figuring me out ?
Your posts just kind of stick out, so as I'm trying to solve they just draw my attention? Like, they just seem weird to me coming from a town POV.

Also:
In post 408, Arrow Shape wrote:I've caught up.
Blue seems townie. They're a bit artificial, but I don't find it being used to much advantage other than being inoffensive to reduce scum reads/suspicion.

They don't feel like passive scum to me, due to some of their suggestions.
What does this even mean? Like, if you think it's artificial, why do you think they are being artificial, and why is that townie?

Green

Spoiler:
In post 167, Diamond Shape wrote:- I like Green from the back and forth with Arrow on pages 3/4, the turnaround onto Arrow in is nice. It's a small 'trap' of sorts but it doesn't feel like one laid to frame someone poorly but just... feel out their thought processes. Arrow doesn't come across as good but not bad, either.

- ...actually don't like Arrow's snarkiness, unsure if this is a playstyle/personality thing but and don't do it for me. Also in response to Circle (who I think is... fine, on page 4), and feel like a small, weird sequence. Of picking at Circle for not giving reasons and conceding what they can and then like... besting them in ? I don't think this holds a lot of weight but it's the feeling I get: "You didn't give reasons, here's my reason on someone else." I dunno. They're not connected posts really but this popped into mind and I like rambling.

- Pretty sure this has been said to some degree but Purple is probably down, weird entry but they feel very... earnest in their replies in a way that I don't think scum can easily fake. The content itself doesn't seem sound but the spirit matters.

- Blue doesn't feel Good rereading quoted entrance in from . It's early game reasoning but it feels very... the thing you throw out early game because it looks a little nice and is easiest to fake early on, these small things.

- I feel like I am shrivelling up so trying to speed this up. Actually like 129 from Arrow and don't like it which is like okay, don't like how they're positioning themselves as like, aligned with Circle who I feel is... more overtly liked by everyone. Past biases aside could just be me tunneling early, Purple take is good.

- is so true.

- I'm a little irritable over being POE'd with like, barely any posts but 143 feels like the sort of assumption town likes to play around with (X amount of scum in one Shapes/Colors) more than scum does because it's really silly and I think has been randomized in all dance games.

- Big list of reads, curious if Purple has any scumreads.

- Meh on .

+ Reply to Star Shape
In post 73, Star Shape wrote:
In post 40, Color Red wrote:Star feels a bit like pandering for town reads too
Not really, considering it's already been suggested that we lim the lone shape anyway.
In post 42, Diamond Shape wrote:
In post 37, Star Shape wrote:It's weird playing a game with no RVS...

Since being unpaired doesn't mean automatic death in this game, I can volunteer to be the lone shape. In this scenario, I'll just keep the Delay holstered so it won't be an issue going forward. I'd prefer to be paired of course, but I think this is the easiest way to deal with this situation and make it a non-issue.
And this one as well, perhaps a bit more. Star, why make this sort of post to volunteer if you're going to undercut it immediately with a preference? It comes across a bit LAMIST-y to me.
Because the main attraction of this game is the anonymity and the pairing. I didn't sign up for this game just to go solo and not use my night actions. However I see an easy way to deal with the lone shape Delayer dilemma and have no problem volunteering if that helps town reach our win con more easily.

LAMIST itself doesn't really mean anything to me. If the plan is to lim the solo shape and you think I'm scum purposely volunteering to put myself in a situation that likely gets me voted out, then I suppose I resolve myself here, don't I?
I don't think that we're deadset on actually killing the person who is left out yet even though it's bandied around so this reply doesn't really mean anything to me either? Like it's by no means concrete so you can just... say things this early and then they don't happen later. Basically we impasse.

Diamond

Okay, Star is actually tunneling the most but both Green and to a lesser extent Diamond are sussing them. Also, Green and Diamond seem to tr each other and Green liking Diamond better than some already formed pairs is strange.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:42 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 481, Triangle Shape wrote:
In post 475, Pentagon Shape wrote:

@Triangle
Ths is a nonanon pst.
ignrd.
So what? Why ignore it?
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

reasons.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:51 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 480, Triangle Shape wrote:parin isnt a prity rn 4 me. if i gt delayer thn u all kno my trgt. RdPenta.

ur rd on me dsnt bthr me ethr.

u engged me w/ msdrctn. u saw LHF & went koolaid.gif
i hv no rsn 2 blve ud tlk 2 me in gd faith
Can you please get off this ridiculous tunnel and actually read the game?

Why don’t you? Why do you think I prefer you being paired to either Diamond or Star?

Why would I prefer you being paired over Diamond/Star then? Why would scum!me change my read on you? It’s blatantly obvious I don’t like Diamond or Star because I don’t townread them. And now Green apparently is townreading Diamond over obviously townier slots.

I don’t think you’re scum because you are pretty much the only one pushing me/red, while there are three slots pushing Blue. What does that say to you?
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:53 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 484, Triangle Shape wrote:reasons.
It’s not against the rules to have an opinion on that post. If the mod allows it, you shouldn’t ignore it.
Triangle Shape
Triangle Shape
Townie
Triangle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Triangle Shape »

im hrdly pshing.
ppl ask 4 reads.
i gv reads.

i hv read the gm. i stll dnt lke u.
blu is twn.

u wnt me paird bcoz u kno id dlay u. smplz.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 487, Triangle Shape wrote:im hrdly pshing.
ppl ask 4 reads.
i gv reads.

blu is twn.

No because I don’t think you’re scum.

Exactly, we both like blue and the three slots I like least are pushing them. That ought to tell you something.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Color Purple »

ppl ask 4 reads.
i gv reads.

blu is twn.

At least you and Pentagon agree on one thing.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 am

Post by Color Purple »

Wait, if Green likes Diamond so much and Diamond TRs Green, why don't they pair with each other?
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:04 am

Post by Color Purple »

Unless Green also TRs Orange and wants his highest TRs to be paired with each other.
Color Purple
Color Purple
He
Goon
Color Purple
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Color Purple »

In post 477, Pentagon Shape wrote:
In post 469, Color Green wrote:I think I would trust a Diamond/Orange pair more than I would trust some of the other pairs that have already formed.
I prefer Orange/Triangle.
Me too. They seem like a great pair combination.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:07 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 489, Color Purple wrote:
ppl ask 4 reads.
i gv reads.

blu is twn.

At least you and Pentagon agree on one thing.
It’s really frustrating that Triangle can’t see past they’re confibias on me to see how suspicious it is that Star/Green/Diamond are all pushing Blue. That screams miselimbait to me.

At this point, I’m leaning to not wanting Star paired but I won’t be upset if it’s Diamond.

If Triangle refuses to pair with Orange, I still want one of Star/Diamond to be lim. Whichever one Orange doesn’t pair with probably.

I don’t think Triangle should be left out either way.
Pentagon Shape
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Pentagon Shape
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 am

Post by Pentagon Shape »

In post 490, Color Purple wrote:Wait, if Green likes Diamond so much and Diamond TRs Green, why don't they pair with each other?
Yeah, that’s my question as well.
In post 491, Color Purple wrote:Unless Green also TRs Orange and wants his highest TRs to be paired with each other.
Well that baffles me because I don’t understand how Diamond is anyone’s highest townread?
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Color Red »

Triangle it is going to be hard to engage with you if you want to make it actively difficult to do so.

You claim LHF but actively act in a way so to give yourself attention, why would scum want to push such a look at me player?

Your playstyle appears slayer's gambity at BEST, and actively harmful to town at worst.

And slayer's gambit isn't effective in it's own right
Color Red
Color Red
Townie
Color Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Post by Color Red »

Diamond appears townie on surface level due to the nature of their posts looking unlikely from scum. but looking further there isn't really much there supporting town!diamond and plenty of reason/oppurtunity for scum! diamod to act that way as well
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Color Orange »

I see Triangle disregarding the main slip post as evidence. I asked the mod and we can analyze them as long as the actual player identity isn't a factor in that analysis. As is, I do think that post is a town thought on general principle.
Color Orange
Color Orange
Goon
Color Orange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Color Orange »

Color Red + Pentagon Shape
Color Yellow + Arrow Shape
Color Blue + Circle Shape
Color Purple + Heart Shape

Color Orange
Color Green
Diamond Shape
Star Shape
Triangle Shape

Posting this so I can have a quick way to check the pairs since I do not see anything in the moderator's ISO.
Circle Shape
Circle Shape
Townie
Circle Shape
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:43 pm

Post by Circle Shape »

In post 454, Color Orange wrote:Based on this last page I see Blue seems to have paired with Circle. I wish her the best, as I should have tried harder if I really wanted to pair with Circle. Aside from that, been a bit busy, so have only really skimmed things between my last post and now. I do wish to apologize if my actions made Diamond feel unhappy though, because I feel like I did not try to interact with them outside a very shallow engagement. So I would not be surprised if that was a factor in the displeasure they expressed upon coming in a couple days ago.
hope you dont take it personal i just

felt like blue really spoke to me you know

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”