Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

it feels like you were trying to take advantage of me being absent to swing a new wagon away from today's common suspects
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Datisi »

i don't understand how you see me naked voting someone who everyone had an either null or townread on, without any explanation and without any good reasons, and somehow come to the conclusion it's an attempt of taking advantage of your absense and saving someone else instead of like, trying to sort?

like, i'm annoyed because what i'm doing right now (i.e. attacking ACTUAL lhf) is way closer to that description and way closer to what i would probably do

but no, you're ascribing that to my lolvote on you really
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Datisi »

it feels kinda stupid to be arguing "no i'm not scum for voting you i'm actually scum for my current vote" but my god i don't get that train of thought at all
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Can someone point me to the post/game state this whole fight is about
I prefer they, thanks :)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Datisi »

Spoiler: the og vote and my explanation for it
In post 1341, Datisi wrote:VOTE: sircakez
In post 1374, Datisi wrote:
In post 1366, Fun and Games wrote:i don't get why you're vanity-voting cakez *now* when you're scumreading ico, the slot is the leading wagon and i'm p confident that we're not ending on cakez today
like the part htat's looking aligned to me is that you have a lot of *words* saying you're suspicious of ico/darby but aren't *doing* much abt it
because my brain doesn't work like "i scumread person, there is wagon on them, let's yeet them"

i currently think ico is scum, sure. *but* i'm not extremely confident in that read, and there are a lot of slots that i have a very weak read on. which makes it difficult for me to build a good mental image of this game as a whole. and if we just went and yeeted the slot immediately, it wouldn't provide good foundation for me for later days, regardless of the colour of the flip. so i want to get reads elsewhere.

i don't have much to offer you on why this isn't how i play around my partners other than self meta of never having played around my partners ever. i know how it looks to be scumreading one person but voting elsewhere. and i know that cakez is again, much higher in the collective reads than ico, and that i currently don't have that much towncred to push things with. especially not with a push that's a naked vote + "lol idk i just want other reads ahaha".

like, i'm not too interested in arguing this with you because i know you're just gonna see my behaviour as aligned despite this being the polar opposite of my scumplay and having already screwed up on whether i was aligned/disaligned with ico in jk9++. you should probably be more worried if i'm scum trying to softdefend town!ico and making us seem aligned so that nobody takes me seriously.
~M
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1801, Datisi wrote:i don't understand how you see me naked
X-Ray glasses, my friend. ;)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

V/LA until the 29th

Have a chance to get my schoolwork back in order a bit, but there’s a lot I need to work on so I can’t spend a lot of time on mafia.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

I know I've heard the term before, but can someone remind me what "schoolwork" was?? :P

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1801, Datisi wrote:i don't understand how you see me naked voting someone who everyone had an either null or townread on, without any explanation and without any good reasons, and somehow come to the conclusion it's an attempt of taking advantage of your absense and saving someone else instead of like, trying to sort?

like, i'm annoyed because what i'm doing right now (i.e. attacking ACTUAL lhf) is way closer to that description and way closer to what i would probably do

but no, you're ascribing that to my lolvote on you really
I don't understand how you voting me accomplishes sorting
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:08 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1789, VP Baltar wrote:I'm full of whimsy
That's a weird way to spell whiskey. :shifty:
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:10 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1807, Almost50 wrote:I know I've heard the term before, but can someone remind me what "schoolwork" was?? :P
It's when you get exp not by killing monsters.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1792, SirCakez wrote:good point
No it isn't.
In post 1752, Bingle wrote:
In post 1740, Fun and Games wrote:Like how is it even reasonable for you to think that I think I have an exact team solve on day 1 with 0 flips?
I mean… there have been like 4 different cases of people saying it’s scummy that someone doesn’t have a viable team this game and I’ve thought it was ridiculous every single time.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:13 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1807, Almost50 wrote:I know I've heard the term before, but can someone remind me what "schoolwork" was?? :P
I think it's one of those euphemistic job titles, like how custodial engineer means janitor or politician means garbage or meteorologist means someone with a map and a bunch of clingy weather stickers and a propensity for lying.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

>:/
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

This is not a laughing matter.
<Embrace The Void>

Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 1757, Bingle wrote:
In post 1734, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Not sure what you mean by lack of anyone interested.
I’ve been actively campaigning for a gamma elimination for a literal week. There are two votes on gamma. Prior to that there were 4 votes: you who were voting there as a compromise and pp who was technically a player in this game I guess.
Maybe im wrong but it's felt like there's been a lot of support for Gamma, Dunn, and Darby and the struggle is just getting people to all agree at the same time which one to vote . I don't feel like generally speaking there's more resistance than support on any of those three .

[Quote="Sircakez]
I don't think either of these reads hold up when you consider how good these players are as scum[/quote]

This is a conversation for later in the game but I hear you.

For what it's worth I took Datisis Sircakez vote as looking for Sircakez reaction in order to strengthen a read. Personally, I thought he made it too clear that his vote was a reaction test to get enough out of it but maybe he's gaining something from this late reaction anyway? But the only way I can see anyone scumreading Datisi for it is if they think he's just posturing.

__________.

Bingle why do you still seem to think I want Pooky to have the whole game solved on Day 1? I clarified a few pages ago that I didn't mean that as a whole team solve kind of thing, just that his scum reads felt lazy.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 1722, Sleepless Assassin wrote:What exactly was the new information again that made you scumnread Gamma? When you changed your vote, it seemed more about getting off of Dunn than on Gamma.
I’m not doing a full recap but Gamma is getting too heated for a position she cannot defend and one where everything she’s posted in arguing has been easily shot down.
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1721, DArby wrote:
In post 1718, Fun and Games wrote:Both gamma and darby have called the other a tr earlier and now both are voting (or are wiling to vote) the other

~ skitter
I have done the unforgivable: I have changed my opinion when presented with new information.

Lol, I jest. Is there anything else you find off?
i mean do you want to walk me through how you went from 'top tr' to 'voting him'

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1732, Something_Smart wrote:
Dwlee99 replaces Not_Mafia!
oh hello!
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1725, Sleepless Assassin wrote:Skitter just seems rational and seems to be saying a lot that I can follow and agree with.
fwiw you're townreading my half too easily

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1788, SirCakez wrote:I find F&G to be scummy independently
hi, plz elaborate

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1792, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1734, Sleepless Assassin wrote:But Pookys scum reads are the three being wagoned. It feels too easy. Like not one of gamma/darby/Dunn is town and there's no scum outside of that?
good point
- it's not a team read, those are just are biggest suspects
- i believe we were scumreading them before their wagons iirc

~ skitter
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 1817, Fun and Games wrote:
In post 1721, DArby wrote:
In post 1718, Fun and Games wrote:Both gamma and darby have called the other a tr earlier and now both are voting (or are wiling to vote) the other

~ skitter
I have done the unforgivable: I have changed my opinion when presented with new information.

Lol, I jest. Is there anything else you find off?
i mean do you want to walk me through how you went from 'top tr' to 'voting him'

~ skitter
I guess I am doing a full recap anyway. Give me a bit of time to get out my laptop.
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1796, SirCakez wrote:F&G's interactions with Gamma feel like such bad faith like they are trying so hard to make Gamma look bad
no, imo:
- gamma doesn't have real reads, and his poe/pushes are changing in a way that doesn't look to me like he's re-evaluating/thinking about the game
- related, there's very little follow-through in his posts, it's hard to follow his thought process from vote a -> vote b, or how his reads change
- his push on us is nonsense imo

i don't think we're arguing in bad faith, and we're not *trying* to make gamma look gbad so much as explaining why we scumread him and refuting his scumread on us

pedit kk sure

~ skitter
Fun and Games
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Fun and Games
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Fun and Games »

In post 1798, SirCakez wrote:I don't think Gamma's responses were that bad and I'd expect them to be doubling down as town here
i mean now he's backing down so ...
and his responses were p bad

~ skitter

Return to “Completed Open Games”