Mini Normal 2252 | W;ildlife amd strange critters | Over!!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:50 am

Post by T3 »

In post 201, the worst wrote:
In post 197, Azaariah wrote:my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.
ah i didn't see this in preview edit. i'm holding my breath for tomorrow. :P
I don't think that Andante overexplaining means she's scum.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 am

Post by T3 »

In post 208, Retti wrote:
In post 186, Andante wrote:
In post 129, Retti wrote:
In post 119, Andante wrote:wow... Oman town, I don't see scum putting in that much effort this early
What about the effort did you like, exactly?
I retract 119, I didn't actually read the giant post, there's something that feels off about an Omin post I just read tbh
>___________________>

Sooo I asked specifically because I see scum do the "long post = town" gloss all the time early in games, because they get lazy and don't want to have to actually engage with the content and while that post was
fine
, it was mostly a lot of quote replies to stuff, which isn't particularly
hard
to do, it was just in one block rather than in a string of 5 posts like I'd do it. It wasn't bad, I in fact liked what he said about the scorpious wagon. However, I wanted to know what
Andante
liked about it, because that post actually had several sections that were critical of Andante, and she just seemingly went "yep good post!!!" at it. Which suggested she didn't really read it, which as I said tends to be a scumtell.

But does scum openly just...admit to not...actually reading? Argh.

Andante, what did you see that feels "off" to you?
In post 219, Azaariah wrote:that was a rvs vote if that wasn't clear. i specifically wrote vote: scorpio because i am a scorpio. either way i dont have any scumreads right now so im just leaving that vote there.
In post 224, fua wrote:
In post 95, Azaariah wrote:i have some thoughts on the game but won't say them yet VOTE: scorpio
Your 'RVS vote' from page 4.

VOTE: Azaariah
LMAO
VOTE: aza
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 am

Post by T3 »

In post 229, Azaariah wrote:
In post 196, Azaariah wrote:well i was going to say i thought i had a play style clash with andante but now i think we should just vote her out now because i was certain she was scum in my last game with her. i backed out of it and she just endgamed as scum. i need to read this game again with that in mind but my initial thoughts were that andante was scum here but that was under the assumption that she was town in the other game which is not true.

i spent a lot of time meta'ing andante for my last game and i can confirm none of her town tells showed up in her last game, but i still believed she was town off other things, so i'll have to give this game a good read when i have more time later.
you make it sound like the above post was accompanied by a vote. but it wasn't for a reason.
Nah, aza is just going into semantics to shade Andante.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Andante »

UNVOTE:

I have thoughts, but I don't need people getting ideas/ hammering anyone right now, hahahaha I hate finals :/

the worst is making me laugh, so I literally can't vote out the worst today I'll find a different SR in... about 60 hours :) maybe longer, idk, cant math, good thing all my finals are math related!! hahaha what if we just vote off whoever has the least amount of posts by deadline? That could be fun :)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Andante »

lol T3 trying to revive the argument/whatever from last night. not gonna happen though :) I shall never lose my cool again!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:56 am

Post by Andante »

In post 277, T3 wrote:Nah, aza is just going into semantics to shade Andante.
Doggo can not be shaded. invincible to shading!
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:04 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 206, Scorpious wrote:
In post 197, Azaariah wrote:my initial thoughts were that andante seemed very explain-y, overexplain-y but i wasn't reading closely so i'll give that a reassessment probably sometime tomorrow.

This is the second time I’m seeing this “explainy” word..

Please define it when you return tomorrow?

I’d like to know, in your words what it means.

And why is it bad?

Pedit- the rEINDEER is nothing short of genius :)
But then:
In post 272, Azaariah wrote:i feel really good about andante and retti. i think that andante's replies really confused me in my last game read-wise. i spent a long time thinking about what alignment they came from but these posts here give me an immediate townread on her. retti just feels so towny especially with pointing out that they liked my posts. i dont think this type of nuance is fakable. im now sure that it is play style but they just happened to post something before i said anything (turn this situation around and retti would townread me back) but it's just not nuance that scum can typically fake. i could go on but i dont think there's a need because i feel very solid on both of these reads.

sorting through recent posts,
i want to say votes dont make my reads spicier but honestly, they probably do but it's not very nice to force people to talk like that. there's plenty of other ways to deal with someone who isn't even a solid scum read. in general, i find the worst scummy but i dont feel like the solve is that easy. it makes more sense to me that they are just scummy town but im not convinced of that completely. about being noncommittal, sure i'll take that. i dont like being too committal and it loses me reads that are correct and saves me from tunneling the wrong people. it sucks in a lot of ways but it's how i play.

i take back my town lean on oman because im now convinced that their posts could easily be fakable. theres a level of nuance that i townread but im certain now that it's fakable. oman could still be town but im not giving out a town pass for it.

half of me wants to say egix is town but the other half wants to say he is scum. i really like tvt/tvs type reads but honestly, they aren't alignment indicative. in general, i like how calm and composed they are because it feels towny but i also know it comes from scum more often. im having difficulty figuring out what my read is and whether it's being affected by the large amount of scumreads there. in the past minute, my read has flipped twice on egix and that's part of why i dont know what my read is at all. the recent flip flips to scum but that will probably flip a couple more times before settling down.
This is the most waffly post about waffling I’ve ever seen. It’s 4 paragraphs if you saying . “I don’t know what to think”.

Seems awfully “explainy” which has been hinted at being AI this game.

Natalya, since you also used this word and used it as AI..

How do you feel about this post?
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Retti »

In post 258, UglyDuck wrote:what else would you have one do on day 1? what have you done that analyzes the game? what has anyone done?
This is such a weird, random pop-in. I'm pushing on things I find suspicious and asking questions to people to try to figure out if they're for real or bullshitting.

What are YOU doing to analyze the game?
In post 260, the worst wrote:
In post 235, Retti wrote:
In post 232, the worst wrote:ugh i want to vote azaariah as well
Er, Why?
because I'm finding them noncommittal and I think escalating the pressure against them with three votes within a page would force them to get spicier. :D
Okay, so...why talk about doing it, rather than actually doing it?
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:21 am

Post by Natalya »

In post 73, Scorpious wrote:
In post 67, fua wrote:I also agree with T3’s sentiments on Scorpious for now. The reaction to a scumread based on one post seems a little too defensive, but it’s not enough for me to fully scumread them at the moment.
It was the carry over. And the insistence. Naturally I’m going to question play I’ve never seen before.
In post 272, Azaariah wrote:i feel really good about andante and retti. i think that andante's replies really confused me in my last game read-wise. i spent a long time thinking about what alignment they came from but these posts here give me an immediate townread on her. retti just feels so towny especially with pointing out that they liked my posts. i dont think this type of nuance is fakable. im now sure that it is play style but they just happened to post something before i said anything (turn this situation around and retti would townread me back) but it's just not nuance that scum can typically fake. i could go on but i dont think there's a need because i feel very solid on both of these reads.

i want to say votes dont make my reads spicier but honestly, they probably do but it's not very nice to force people to talk like that. there's plenty of other ways to deal with someone who isn't even a solid scum read. in general, i find the worst scummy but i dont feel like the solve is that easy. it makes more sense to me that they are just scummy town but im not convinced of that completely. about being noncommittal, sure i'll take that. i dont like being too committal and it loses me reads that are correct and saves me from tunneling the wrong people. it sucks in a lot of ways but it's how i play.

i take back my town lean on oman because im now convinced that their posts could easily be fakable. theres a level of nuance that i townread but im certain now that it's fakable. oman could still be town but im not giving out a town pass for it.

half of me wants to say egix is town but the other half wants to say he is scum. i really like tvt/tvs type reads but honestly, they aren't alignment indicative. in general, i like how calm and composed they are because it feels towny but i also know it comes from scum more often. im having difficulty figuring out what my read is and whether it's being affected by the large amount of scumreads there. in the past minute, my read has flipped twice on egix and that's part of why i dont know what my read is at all. the recent flip flips to scum but that will probably flip a couple more times before settling down.

These two posts are not "explainy" in the same way Scorp.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:24 am

Post by T3 »

In post 279, Andante wrote:lol T3 trying to revive the argument/whatever from last night. not gonna happen though :) I shall never lose my cool again!
I was reading
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 283, Natalya wrote:
In post 73, Scorpious wrote:
In post 67, fua wrote:I also agree with T3’s sentiments on Scorpious for now. The reaction to a scumread based on one post seems a little too defensive, but it’s not enough for me to fully scumread them at the moment.
It was the carry over. And the insistence. Naturally I’m going to question play I’ve never seen before.

These two posts are not "explainy" in the same way Scorp.
How are they different? In your view.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Oman »

VOTE: Jackson

I expect some interaction/comments on what we've seen over the past 11 days. If you're town you're not helping, if you're scum youre skating
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:34 am

Post by Retti »

In post 271, fua wrote:I don’t see how it’s a cheap ‘gotcha’ when I clearly expressed displeasure with the way the Scorpious wagon formed as well as an intent to change my vote a few posts prior to that.
That seems to be missing the point entirely? None of this is actual justification for voting Aza. Which, like, claiming a vote on page 4 on a very serious wagon was an RVS vote is weird, sure, but I don't see why scum chooses that path rather than saying they agreed with the wagon, aza's other posts are good enough that I shrug and buy the explanation.
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:38 am

Post by Natalya »

In post 285, Scorpious wrote:How are they different? In your view.

Your post feels like you are overexplaining something that you are worried might look scummy.

Aza's post feels like Aza is explaining Aza's reads and thoughts about players and how Aza came to these conclusions by explaining the thought process behind the reads.
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Natalya »

Like you're basically saying. My reaction is because I haven't been pushed like this before so naturally I am going to react this way.

There's no content value there - you would defend yourself this way as scum as well right?

Whereas Aza is writing out Aza's thought process on why Aza has particular reads and that feels more solvy/moving the game forward like Aza is actively figuring out who is good/bad.
Natalya
Natalya
Goon
Natalya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Natalya »

Scorp,

I'd like to apologize to you if you think I'm being overly hard/tunnely towards you. I have an unfortunate habit of bothering people until they give me what I want. My boyfriend calls it "clingy" but I'd like to think I'm just determined.

As you're not really doing what I expect you to be doing as town and I'd like to help you break out of that funk, could you please do me a favor and do some kind of reads list when you have a chance? It doesn't have to be sorted by towniness, just a few sentences on what you think of each player so far. If you don't have the time to do everyone I'd like you to just post a few reads on people in the game.

I don't want your experience to be bad and I do truly feel awful for being so pushy early in the day.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 288, Natalya wrote:
In post 285, Scorpious wrote:How are they different? In your view.

Your post feels like you are overexplaining something that you are worried might look scummy.
I’m not trying to be thick, but you’re telling me that my 4 word answer is over explaining things? That’s the one you said was “explainy”.
Aza's post feels like Aza is explaining Aza's reads and thoughts about players and how Aza came to these conclusions by explaining the thought process behind the reads.
The entire thing fees non commital. Like They are writing it to have you feel exactly how you are telling me you feel about it. I feel very differently about it. I don’t like it. There is nothing in the entire 4 paragraph entry that gives any hint to how they are feeling. It’s just a bunch of words

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:29 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 289, Natalya wrote:Like you're basically saying. My reaction is because I haven't been pushed like this before so naturally I am going to react this way.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. I’ve never had anyone go so hard on me from an RVS vote.
There's no content value there - you would defend yourself this way as scum as well right?
Yes, but that’s really stretchy as well, I think with as much pressure as you applied my response
Was appropriate. Who else have you pressured this game?

Whereas Aza is writing out Aza's thought process on why Aza has particular reads and that feels more solvy/moving the game forward like Aza is actively figuring out who is good/bad.
Would you prefer I write 4 paragraphs of totally noncommittal content? I can do that..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 290, Natalya wrote:Scorp,

I'd like to apologize to you if you think I'm being overly hard/tunnely towards you. I have an unfortunate habit of bothering people until they give me what I want. My boyfriend calls it "clingy" but I'd like to think I'm just determined.
Cute.. Don’t feel the need to apologize. At the end of the day it’s a game albeit a contentious one. I learned a long time ago that these games can get heated. I take nothing personal.

As you're not really doing what I expect you to be doing as town and I'd like to help you break out of that funk, could you please do me a favor and do some kind of reads list when you have a chance? It doesn't have to be sorted by towniness, just a few sentences on what you think of each player so far. If you don't have the time to do everyone I'd like you to just post a few reads on people in the game.

I don't want your experience to be bad and I do truly feel awful for being so pushy early in the day.
My experience being good or bad does not exclusively rest on your shoulders, but I appreciate the sentiment.

I’m also getting back into the groove with the site mechanics too so hopefully my content will improve in line with that enough to be more effective

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:30 am

Post by fua »

In post 287, Retti wrote:
In post 271, fua wrote:I don’t see how it’s a cheap ‘gotcha’ when I clearly expressed displeasure with the way the Scorpious wagon formed as well as an intent to change my vote a few posts prior to that.
That seems to be missing the point entirely? None of this is actual justification for voting Aza. Which, like, claiming a vote on page 4 on a very serious wagon was an RVS vote is weird, sure, but I don't see why scum chooses that path rather than saying they agreed with the wagon, aza's other posts are good enough that I shrug and buy the explanation.
I literally explained in my post 5 minutes before she even posted the RVS message that I thought there was a high chance one of she, Egix, or Scorp were scum because of the way the wagon formed. It was also after her message saying that she wanted to vote out Andante right away and before any of her more in-depth messages regarding the game. I don’t know why you’re cherrypicking to fake a case against me while ignoring the context behind my vote entirely, but if you’re town, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

I agree her later posts have been better than they were at the time. Where should I place my vote if you disagree with it being on Azaariah now and why?
Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:31 am

Post by Azaariah »

i also have two reads that i am very much committing to and will actively fight against either of their elims. im just explaining why i have no other reads at the moment. it's not noncommittal, it's explaining what im considering with most of these players and why there is no conclusion currently.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am

Post by fua »

Oops. Sorry, I mean they. Hard for me to keep track of pronouns sometimes.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 295, Azaariah wrote:i also have two reads that i am very much committing to and will actively fight against either of their elims. im just explaining why i have no other reads at the moment. it's not noncommittal, it's explaining what im considering with most of these players and why there is no conclusion currently.
Do you think scum is more likely to post something like you did or would they just sit on what amounts
To essentially to “town reads”? In your opinion.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Azaariah
Azaariah
Goon
Azaariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Azaariah »

In post 297, Scorpious wrote:
In post 295, Azaariah wrote:i also have two reads that i am very much committing to and will actively fight against either of their elims. im just explaining why i have no other reads at the moment. it's not noncommittal, it's explaining what im considering with most of these players and why there is no conclusion currently.
Do you think scum is more likely to post something like you did or would they just sit on what amounts
i dont think it depends on the person rather than the alignment.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 298, Azaariah wrote:
In post 297, Scorpious wrote:
i dont think it depends on the person rather than the alignment.
Forgive me. Can you clarify this?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”