Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3472, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3432, Something_Smart wrote:I said I would stop talking to Harley, goddammit. This feels like actual productive discussion though.

Anyway I townread both RH9 and Alyssa. RH9 because as previously mentioned he sent out three proposals pretty late in pre-dance and he strikes me as the type to plan out his pairings more carefully as scum whereas that feels like genuine fear of getting left with a shit partner. His current play is not towny per se but he got enough towncred to be accepted by Alyssa and he doesn't seem to be trying to take advantage of that at all.

Alyssa... feels... like town? I know she would say this is bullshit, and it probably is. But the way she has reacted to the game, especially today, does not feel like she's trying to control it, at a time when the gamestate is very volatile and scum getting control of it would be extremely valuable to them.
And to S_S, why is not trying to control the game town indicative? If the game is currently in a state where scum doesn't need to care, why would theoretical scum!Alyssa care too?
Essentially when Harley has dominated most of the discourse lately. I don't see why scum should need to bother at all.
Wait yeah, why would not controlling the game be town indicative? if town is leading themselves down the wrong path, there's no need for maf to step in. Town is clearly wrong somewhere, that's why Mala, the town, was left behind
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

As much as i hate to admit it i'm agreeing with some of Andante's posts lately. Or finding them reasonable at least.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

Spoiler:
In post 2617, Shiro wrote:
In post 2420, Firebringer wrote:i am very active scum player Titus. I think ive only ever lurked as scum when i was in a hydra
That's true, honestly the difference between scum and town fire at least back then was that his scum game was I dunno a little less uncaring. He had a vibe of I need to pretend to be ultra uncaring.
In post 2628, Shiro wrote:
In post 2458, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 2452, Titus wrote:
In post 2448, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Ftr if galron and SS are TvT, then this pairing gets turbo killed
Which pairing do you mean and why?
Because the odds of a scum being in that pairing goes up due to how it came about

Shiro replaced in and both halves just appeared with zero input and without any regard to the rest of the game. If the remaining 3 slots were town, that immediately raises red flags.
Zero regard for the game? If anything picking a person that you know well helps better read them and know if you need to leave.
In post 2645, Shiro wrote:I feel Andante is town. Which is good because that keeps the Fire/And pair town/town
In post 2653, Shiro wrote:
In post 2652, Andante wrote:Like, I know I haven't outed strong reads like everyone or whatever, but truth is, there's been nothing I felt was read worthy, I felt like saying "oh hey these gentlemen are scum" cause that's what others were doing, and I figured I'd gain reactions. nope. I have no idea how people were outing super confident "endgame reads" before we even got the mala flip, like, idk, I'd play this game completely differently to how everyone else is playing, and that's why we're at 2500 posts, and most people don't have mega confident reads... Alyssa is like the main person I've liked though, she's felt very relatable with a lot of comments made, so gun to my head, she's town. like, there was a comment like "I should just disappear till pairs are done" and I was sitting here like, yeah same... and not pulling up her ISO, she had other ones when I was like "yep. I'm feeling exactly the same right now" plus her passing on fire when scum!Alyssa easily could've paired with fire, and like, waited late to pair? she's probably town, but a singular townread gets me nowhere here without having a read on the partner, and I have no read on RH9 yet
Most people that day 1 spew ultra confident reads are just wrong 90% of the time don't think much about it.
In post 2670, Shiro wrote:
In post 2663, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 2658, Shiro wrote:
In post 2655, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Like 90% of the problems I see in this type of setup for town are just really awkward pairings

Really awkward pairings scumside the setup... so it's realistic that scum would look to create more rather than less of them.
I agree with you but dance games people some times specifically join to partner up with specific people. Like me and Fire, this is the first time we aren't paired in a dance game we are together. Usually we pair up about 3- pages in with complete disregard about anything else. Is it optimal ? Nah. Is it fun ? You bet.
It's different having one pairing happen on page three and its another thing to have a yolo pairing happen when we're trying to figure out where the last couple of pairings go
Fair fair, tbh the only difference here is that Mala would have been my partner most likely(Assuming I didnt get the Harley is Nancy memo), meaning that Harley would have paired up with Garlon.

Honestly I think one of them is scum, most likely Garlon,

Scum tend to wait to pick so all lady scum are paired.

Has there ever been a lady scum left on pre dance?
In post 2687, Shiro wrote:
In post 2686, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2357, Taly wrote:Me no feel like I've given GL the proper attention he deserves to sort him but I wish they were a bit more active in talking to me
sorry, I tend to just ignore slots I know/think are town unless it's part of wagon building / vote negotiating, and we haven't had that yet this game so I haven't had much I've wanted to discuss with you from my end

I'll try to pay more attention to you, I promise, and I feel I'll have more to discuss now that we're in a proper D1

did you have anything you want to start with? I'm still catching up and dumping a boatload of thoughts in my PT with Datisi so I haven't read anything beyond 2357, but I did want to respond to this while I was looking at it
I mean you can give us your thoughts here as well no?
In post 3185, Shiro wrote:
In post 2811, Titus wrote:I detest that my best endgame pair atm is Shiro and HQ. They're the only two that don't make sense in any scenario.
Yea that's a weird take, but why? This gives me weird vibes because Titus know I town read her like 99% of the time and vehemently defend her, which makes me think she might be scum wanting me end game hoping I will pressure Harley to do the same.
In post 3214, Shiro wrote:
In post 3213, RH9 wrote:
In post 3212, Shiro wrote:
In post 3211, RH9 wrote:
In post 3206, Shiro wrote:
In post 3149, Firebringer wrote:dats and GL should be number 1 end game pair.
What, why?
Do you disagree with Firebringer?
Yea
What on? You don't trust Datisi and GL to be the 'number 1 end game pair'?
No, I do not. Why do you ?

Like with only 1 flips no pair is really endgame worthy right now.
In post 3217, Shiro wrote:
In post 3216, RH9 wrote:
In post 3214, Shiro wrote:
In post 3213, RH9 wrote:
In post 3212, Shiro wrote:
In post 3211, RH9 wrote:
In post 3206, Shiro wrote:
In post 3149, Firebringer wrote:dats and GL should be number 1 end game pair.
What, why?
Do you disagree with Firebringer?
Yea
What on? You don't trust Datisi and GL to be the 'number 1 end game pair'?
No, I do not. Why do you ?

Like with only 1 flips no pair is really endgame worthy right now.
I don't really either. I was asking to clarify. I think that at least, there is something we can all agree on. Nobody should be 'number 1 end game pair' yet. It's never a good idea to decide early because who knows. What if you change your opinion but because you decided too early, everybody starts bombarding you with questions on why you suddenly changed your mind.
Well, it not that really, I am all for giving unfiltered thoughts on the moment. It is the fact that I do not get where the confidence comes from.
In post 3307, Shiro wrote:I mean I currently think SS Gal Ydr and GL are the potential scum thought Harley told me I was mistaken about something, I thought Ydr was defending the SS and gal pair which isn't the case.

Alps I feel really iffy about Titus, I think her wanting me for endgame is weird because she knows my inability to scum read her after a while and it makes me feel weird

Enough for you yet, STD?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3476, NorwegianboyEE wrote:As much as i hate to admit it i'm agreeing with some of Andante's posts lately. Or finding them reasonable at least.
:)
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:36 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3468, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3462, Andante wrote:I agree with alyssa rh9 as endgame pair
I would not have them as an endgame pair. I can understand the reasons for townreading them from most of the people so far. But i'm not in the belief that any of it is conclusive.
Oh wait, Andante said that? Then it’s just her read on me that was probably bad then. I can give a link for RH9 in pair game and let people decide for themselves but I think he’s playing very similar here.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3455, Datisi wrote:
In post 3452, Harley Quinn wrote:I think he’s town
why

without mentioning other games
@harley
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3222, RH9 wrote:
In post 3177, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3090, RH9 wrote:Here is my long awaited observations and reads table.
Spoiler
Spoiler: Table
Observations And Reads
PlayersOther
OriginalReplacementNotesVerdict
GalronI like . seems like genuine concern. and feel like genuine concern too. I like . I don't think scum!Galron would try to remind me of his scumgame.
Townlean
DatisiI don't think that scum!Datisi would mention his scumgame either so I like . I like the way Datisi is generally posting. Examples of this include and (which is a double post of ). interests me as it seems that Datisi is trying to sort Harley Quinn.
Townlean
CatboiShiroI like and from catboi because it seems like he is trying to repel Cabd's advances as opposed to letting Cabd pocket him. Shiro's entrance in and made me smile. I mindmeld with . However, I hope that was the result of a misunderstanding because that's the one post I dislike.
Townlean
MarcistarI like the way that she's trying to solve. Examples include , , , and . I like her original readslist in and later her 'vanilla readlist' in . It feels genuine.
Town
FirebringerMindmeld with and . I like because it seems like Firebringer wants to solve the game instead of being focused on only solving Andante. The exchange between Firebringer and Harley Quinn resulted in me moving him from a townlean to a TR. Examples of posts from that exchange that I liked include and .
Town
Save the Dragons seems like he is trying to solve marcistar. Readslist in seems OK. Pair ranking list seems fine in , though I'm wary of pocketing. I like .
Townlean
YdrasseI disagree with regarding Galron. I don't think that Galron's scum for reasons mentioned above. I like how she is trying to calm Harley Quinn down in and making good suggestions in . Like her readslist in and explanation in . and seems like genuine concern.
Townlean
PrismNorwegianboyEESee for why I disliked NorwegianboyEE and for the part where I recind the 'painting a narrative' part. I agree with , though. I also like His predecessor, Prism seemed fine. I liked . was an idiosyncratic entrance. It was definitely not what I expected. I seem to be wrong on NorwegianboyEE and I apologise humbly.
Null
GuiltyLionI feel like GuiltyLion is an interesting slot to read. I find him quite calm and explantory in his interactions unlike a lot of other people. Examples include , , , , , , . feels like a genuine reaction and I am amazed at how GuiltyLion was so calm. feels solvey. I disagree with because there's nothing melodramatic that GuiltyLion has done. Thanks for ! is interesting. Has things changed? and feels like something which I should have not skimmed past.
Town
CabdSomething_SmartDislike Cabd's interaction with catboi in . However, Something_Smart is different. I like because it fits in with my read on GuiltyLion. The advice in and is appreciated. Other posts that I liked include , and . I like . was mind-opening.
Townlean
angielilyHarley QuinnI think that angielily's readslists in , and was OK though outdated. I agree with . From Harley Quinn, I like and for the content. and feels solvey. interests me. It does seem to me that Harley Quinn is somewhat dependent on meta. would be my favourite post because I mindmeld with the first sentence.
Townlean
Alyssa the LambI like a lot of posts she has made. Examples include , and . Interesting meta is given in , , and . Interesting advice in , and
Town
AndanteI mindmelded with Andante at times. Examples and . However, I disagree on the push on Shiro & Harley Quinn. It feels like 'tunnel vision'. Pair ranking list in seems OK, though I vehemently disagree on her read on Harley Quinn. However, makes a bit of sense.
Null
Lady LambdadeltaTitusI have found a couple of Lady Lambdadelta's posts, quite notable. These include , which I find to be good advice, because it could make sense from her perspective, which is a mindmeld regarding 'Meta ≠ Experience' and . Now to some notable posts by Titus. These include , , , , , , , , and .
Town
did everyone just like, not read this post lol

a lot of it feels fake to me
You did read catboi's about my towngame, before posting this, or did you not?
I did read that comment, that doesn't mean that you don't sound fake as scum either, or that I should take catboi's opinion as gospel. He even said in the same post he doesn't have a read on you, and he also indicated after his that he scumread you later in .
In post 3223, RH9 wrote:
In post 3222, RH9 wrote:
In post 3177, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3090, RH9 wrote:Here is my long awaited observations and reads table.
Spoiler
Spoiler: Table
Observations And Reads
PlayersOther
OriginalReplacementNotesVerdict
GalronI like . seems like genuine concern. and feel like genuine concern too. I like . I don't think scum!Galron would try to remind me of his scumgame.
Townlean
DatisiI don't think that scum!Datisi would mention his scumgame either so I like . I like the way Datisi is generally posting. Examples of this include and (which is a double post of ). interests me as it seems that Datisi is trying to sort Harley Quinn.
Townlean
CatboiShiroI like and from catboi because it seems like he is trying to repel Cabd's advances as opposed to letting Cabd pocket him. Shiro's entrance in and made me smile. I mindmeld with . However, I hope that was the result of a misunderstanding because that's the one post I dislike.
Townlean
MarcistarI like the way that she's trying to solve. Examples include , , , and . I like her original readslist in and later her 'vanilla readlist' in . It feels genuine.
Town
FirebringerMindmeld with and . I like because it seems like Firebringer wants to solve the game instead of being focused on only solving Andante. The exchange between Firebringer and Harley Quinn resulted in me moving him from a townlean to a TR. Examples of posts from that exchange that I liked include and .
Town
Save the Dragons seems like he is trying to solve marcistar. Readslist in seems OK. Pair ranking list seems fine in , though I'm wary of pocketing. I like .
Townlean
YdrasseI disagree with regarding Galron. I don't think that Galron's scum for reasons mentioned above. I like how she is trying to calm Harley Quinn down in and making good suggestions in . Like her readslist in and explanation in . and seems like genuine concern.
Townlean
PrismNorwegianboyEESee for why I disliked NorwegianboyEE and for the part where I recind the 'painting a narrative' part. I agree with , though. I also like His predecessor, Prism seemed fine. I liked . was an idiosyncratic entrance. It was definitely not what I expected. I seem to be wrong on NorwegianboyEE and I apologise humbly.
Null
GuiltyLionI feel like GuiltyLion is an interesting slot to read. I find him quite calm and explantory in his interactions unlike a lot of other people. Examples include , , , , , , . feels like a genuine reaction and I am amazed at how GuiltyLion was so calm. feels solvey. I disagree with because there's nothing melodramatic that GuiltyLion has done. Thanks for ! is interesting. Has things changed? and feels like something which I should have not skimmed past.
Town
CabdSomething_SmartDislike Cabd's interaction with catboi in . However, Something_Smart is different. I like because it fits in with my read on GuiltyLion. The advice in and is appreciated. Other posts that I liked include , and . I like . was mind-opening.
Townlean
angielilyHarley QuinnI think that angielily's readslists in , and was OK though outdated. I agree with . From Harley Quinn, I like and for the content. and feels solvey. interests me. It does seem to me that Harley Quinn is somewhat dependent on meta. would be my favourite post because I mindmeld with the first sentence.
Townlean
Alyssa the LambI like a lot of posts she has made. Examples include , and . Interesting meta is given in , , and . Interesting advice in , and
Town
AndanteI mindmelded with Andante at times. Examples and . However, I disagree on the push on Shiro & Harley Quinn. It feels like 'tunnel vision'. Pair ranking list in seems OK, though I vehemently disagree on her read on Harley Quinn. However, makes a bit of sense.
Null
Lady LambdadeltaTitusI have found a couple of Lady Lambdadelta's posts, quite notable. These include , which I find to be good advice, because it could make sense from her perspective, which is a mindmeld regarding 'Meta ≠ Experience' and . Now to some notable posts by Titus. These include , , , , , , , , and .
Town
did everyone just like, not read this post lol

a lot of it feels fake to me
You did read catboi's about my towngame, before posting this, or did you not?
And fake is an objective word. Why didn't you give your definition of 'fake' earlier? Were you trying to do a reaction test? Because if you were, then I feel hurt that you would do so. If you didn't, explain what led to you making ?
I'm struggling for scumreads if slots I previously suspected like S_S (or HQ) might be town, and I don't really have a particularly compelling reason to think you've done anything this game that you couldn't do as scum. I think you have a fair point that you have posted similarly shallow/fake-
sounding
posts as town, but it's really hard for me to look at anything you've posted and feel like scum!RH9 can't or wouldn't post that. The "fake" feeling is that a lot of your posts feel to me like an emulation of what you think solving sounds like, like you're trying to post things you think you would post as town rather than posting genuinely
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:39 am

Post by Taly »

someone love me omg

i demand affection
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3099, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:the part I really hate about this is that I think HQ's posting this page is town indicative

and that's the part that makes me want to leave
In post 3101, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:because HQ pretty commonly fights me on every single read that she disagrees with me on

and that gets really draining and/or frustrating very fast
In post 3254, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I think HQ takes the cue to shut up as scum and doesn't keep challenging literally everything when multiple people are calling for all this extra shit to stop until more lists are out
In post 3259, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 3255, Datisi wrote:i skipped all of harley's posts that talk about meta, so can you explain

pedit: ah i see
would she really shut up if she's so certain that she should be imitating her town game by screaming at everyone who scumreads her?
If that was all it was, it wouldn't be town

But she's challenging other reads too, which makes a difference

@Norwee
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 3477, Harley Quinn wrote:Enough for you yet, STD?
not really
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

taly you're a beautiful beaky birdie
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3480, Datisi wrote:
why

@harley
I can because it’s over. I will link you.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:42 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3479, Harley Quinn wrote:Then it’s just her read on me that was probably bad then.
I've decided I shouldn't act instantly on things I don't like, and that I need to give them time, and then go look into it, like obviously I still don't tr you now, but I'm not going back to tunneling until I sit here for an hour staring at ISOs. Even if I'm feeling bad vibes from people, SR lines, I can't just act on it when I feel like, and I have to take into account playstyles that clash with me. thus time passing should help, and need to come up with genuine questions for SRs to answer. Cause obviously people's reaction to "I think X is scum" isn't gonna be happy, and I don't feel like blowing up the thread again. Like, I will admit I could've gone about my SR on you differently, but it's definitely a valid thought/read I was making in my head
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3486, Harley Quinn wrote:I can because it’s over. I will link you.
i didn't say "without mentioning other ongoing games"

i said "without mentioning other games"

i don't do second hand meta and it means nothing to me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:44 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3486, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3480, Datisi wrote:
why

@harley
I can because it’s over. I will link you.
viewtopic.php?p=13131305&user_select%5B ... #p13131305

I also think that having a lot of trs in general is highly town indicative and I think he sounds similar here to that game, so unless Taly and Alyssa are having doubts, I’m good with that read.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3489, Harley Quinn wrote:I also think that having a lot of trs in general is highly town indicative
i can remember times when scum was like "lol idk i just don't scumread anyone hehe" so not really convincing to me

if the game is going well, scum can want to sit on the sidelines and not rock the boat
~M
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3487, Andante wrote:
In post 3479, Harley Quinn wrote:Then it’s just her read on me that was probably bad then.
I've decided I shouldn't act instantly on things I don't like, and that I need to give them time, and then go look into it, like obviously I still don't tr you now, but I'm not going back to tunneling until I sit here for an hour staring at ISOs. Even if I'm feeling bad vibes from people, SR lines, I can't just act on it when I feel like, and I have to take into account playstyles that clash with me. thus time passing should help, and need to come up with genuine questions for SRs to answer. Cause obviously people's reaction to "I think X is scum" isn't gonna be happy, and I don't feel like blowing up the thread again. Like, I will admit I could've gone about my SR on you differently, but it's definitely a valid thought/read I was making in my head
I don’t recall our playstyles clashing too much in Koba game. Anyway, what is your current read on SS/galron. GL, Marci, STD, Norwee, Titus, Datisi?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:49 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3291, Galron wrote:I wasn't sure about her slot after she called me town, and my plan at that point was to get in a PT and solidify my town read
so the "I want LLD to endgame" thing was just a LLD reaction test

please don't say stuff you don't really mean it makes it hard for me to discern between scum bullshitting and town bullshitting to ~reaction test~

but I do kinda understand your proposal a lot better if this was the real angle
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3481, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm struggling for scumreads if slots I previously suspected like S_S (or HQ) might be town, and I don't really have a particularly compelling reason to think you've done anything this game that you couldn't do as scum. I think you have a fair point that you have posted similarly shallow/fake-sounding posts as town, but it's really hard for me to look at anything you've posted and feel like scum!RH9 can't or wouldn't post that. The "fake" feeling is that a lot of your posts feel to me like an emulation of what you think solving sounds like, like you're trying to post things you think you would post as town rather than posting genuinely
I love that GL is admitting this, like, yeah. Reads aren't easy here, and so many people are trying to make this black and white, like, it feels good to know I'm not the only one struggling on reads,like sure the exact struggles are different, but the concept is there. And people with 2-3 endgame pairs?? bruh.. Alyssa RH9 is like the only pair I'd really feel comfortable with at the moment, and even then, if I saw a compelling case against RH9, I may reconsider.
It's just super annoying to come back 12 hours later, to 10+ pages of people "solving" and no clear outcome after spamming stuff, so then I'm behind. and I like real time interactions, but missing context means I have to go read ISOs/whatnot then I just missed a few pages of real time talk, so that's why I really want to sit down, and figure out where my head is at, but bydoing that I know it ends in a tunnel, which ehhhh I'd rather do this, but by doing this, I have no read on half the table. tldr, I'm just trying to keep up, Fire and I do nothing in the PT, I'm kinda having doubts on fire, but it's a later issue, I legit thought he'd lol leave by now, also why I've been hesitant to really do a whole lot, cause yeah.

good times, I went on an irrelevant tangent, but what's new?
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:50 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3490, Datisi wrote:
In post 3489, Harley Quinn wrote:I also think that having a lot of trs in general is highly town indicative
i can remember times when scum was like "lol idk i just don't scumread anyone hehe" so not really convincing to me

if the game is going well, scum can want to sit on the sidelines and not rock the boat
True but in my experience it’s been overwhelmingly town who does that but he also tr most of the playerlist in pair game too and he was town in that.
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:51 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3489, Harley Quinn wrote:I also think that having a lot of trs in general is highly town indicative and I think he sounds similar here to that game, so unless Taly and Alyssa are having doubts, I’m good with that read.
isn't it easier for maf to make TRs than SRs?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

don't say that to Smart because anyone can just "name names" apparently :P
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am

Post by Andante »

In post 3491, Harley Quinn wrote:
In post 3487, Andante wrote:
I don’t recall our playstyles clashing too much in Koba game. Anyway, what is your current read on SS/galron. GL, Marci, STD, Norwee, Titus, Datisi?
In Koba game it wasn't all this meta talk... and "read this game from a 3 person hydra!!"
no clue what my reads are there. In case you missed me saying it, I have no reads on half the table...
Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Harley Quinn
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Harley Quinn »

In post 3493, Andante wrote:
In post 3481, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm struggling for scumreads if slots I previously suspected like S_S (or HQ) might be town, and I don't really have a particularly compelling reason to think you've done anything this game that you couldn't do as scum. I think you have a fair point that you have posted similarly shallow/fake-sounding posts as town, but it's really hard for me to look at anything you've posted and feel like scum!RH9 can't or wouldn't post that. The "fake" feeling is that a lot of your posts feel to me like an emulation of what you think solving sounds like, like you're trying to post things you think you would post as town rather than posting genuinely
I love that GL is admitting this, like, yeah. Reads aren't easy here, and so many people are trying to make this black and white, like, it feels good to know I'm not the only one struggling on reads,like sure the exact struggles are different, but the concept is there. And people with 2-3 endgame pairs?? bruh.. Alyssa RH9 is like the only pair I'd really feel comfortable with at the moment, and even then, if I saw a compelling case against RH9, I may reconsider.
It's just super annoying to come back 12 hours later, to 10+ pages of people "solving" and no clear outcome after spamming stuff, so then I'm behind. and I like real time interactions, but missing context means I have to go read ISOs/whatnot then I just missed a few pages of real time talk, so that's why I really want to sit down, and figure out where my head is at, but bydoing that I know it ends in a tunnel, which ehhhh I'd rather do this, but by doing this, I have no read on half the table. tldr, I'm just trying to keep up, Fire and I do nothing in the PT, I'm kinda having doubts on fire, but it's a later issue, I legit thought he'd lol leave by now, also why I've been hesitant to really do a whole lot, cause yeah.

good times, I went on an irrelevant tangent, but what's new?
Really? You’re having doubts on Fire based on him doing nothing in your PT? I actually think scum!Fire would be trying to pocket you in that, don’t you?
I
t
s
W
h
a
t
I
D
o
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:55 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

here's some of my scumgames if anyone cares

Jigsaws Revenge
The thread title sucked the whole game
Calendar Mafia
True Love Micro
Timeshift IV
Fire on the Mountain (My strongest scumgame on site)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”