numberQ
morph the cat (1):
implosion
redtea (1):
GuiltyLion

Not Voting (4):
imaginality, morph the cat, redtea,Tejate Raichu, Shirou

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 22 at 2:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-22 15:00:00)
Last edited by catboi on Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:01 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 499, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 259, fua wrote:It’s the open acknowledgment of self-awareness coupled with his LAMIST attitude and admission of uselessness that made me suspicious of him to begin with. The part I quoted in particular stands out as pretty odd to me.
I don't hate this response. The reason I poked at it is because self-aware accusations are common easy tactics that scum use to scum read people with. It's typically a rather shallow reason to scum read people for especially considering it's more personality based than alignment based and some people are more self-aware as town than scum.

What do you think of him after your conversation this morning? (If you said, I missed it but I'm behind, so I'll see it as I catch up.

His posting just comes across rather earnest to me, and sure it has all the features you mentioned but I don't think it's coming from scum.

It was also hard to parse your side of the conversation with shirou this morning. I'm not sure if that's due to a language barrier, lack of experience or just a general talking past each other. There were a couple posts where I liked your fire or snark though, so I don't think it's intentional muddying the waters, but uh this is to preemptively say that I felt that some things got lost in translation and if I ask you a bunch of questions, I'm not trying to pick at you but trying to understand things that weren't clear.
oh yah, that concern isn't even visible in the rear view mirror at this point.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 254, Cephrir wrote:
In post 252, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 249, Cephrir wrote:
In post 246, Tejate Raichu wrote:If you want my honest opinion, and do not take this as instant FoS as I think it would be silly to do this over a fairly minor incident, but my gut reaction says that this looks well... a little manufactured. It certainly doesn't seem like a random vote, but it feels like either or both sides could have manufactured a reason to vote.
this is why i sometimes get scumread for squirrelly language isn't it.
Is it like looking in a mirror?
a little bit. i found myself wondering why this simple statement was couched in so much uncertainty and wondering if there was scum motivation for that, then remembered that i do this all the time.
Yeah, I do that too. Realizing that he's a super new player, I'm starting to think it's new awkwardness than a huge scum tell.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 502, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 254, Cephrir wrote:
In post 252, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 249, Cephrir wrote:
In post 246, Tejate Raichu wrote:If you want my honest opinion, and do not take this as instant FoS as I think it would be silly to do this over a fairly minor incident, but my gut reaction says that this looks well... a little manufactured. It certainly doesn't seem like a random vote, but it feels like either or both sides could have manufactured a reason to vote.
this is why i sometimes get scumread for squirrelly language isn't it.
Is it like looking in a mirror?
a little bit. i found myself wondering why this simple statement was couched in so much uncertainty and wondering if there was scum motivation for that, then remembered that i do this all the time.
Yeah, I do that too. Realizing that he's a super new player, I'm starting to think it's new awkwardness than a huge scum tell.
Not to comment too much on my own slot, but really I think it's more of an indication of my energy level than me being new. I tend to play my worst if I'm feeling kinda groggy, and I very much was yesterday. Maybe I'm still being super awkward, who knows. Anyways, my reads list will go out in a few minutes once I'm done evaluating my thoughts so far.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:08 am

In post 488, morph the cat wrote:
@Amazons

when your heads are in the game and caught up, we'll probably be ready to toss some ideas around.
It's gonna take me a while to catch up as I'll be catching up while getting work done.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:10 am

I never mind if people comment on their own slot!
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:11 am

In post 234, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 168, northsidegal wrote:
In post 163, morph the cat wrote:Do you have any uninteresting thoughts about the game?
i don't have any idea of how to play the setup really, or if there's some specific strategy for this setup that would cause it to be played any way different than a regular one.
i lean town on fua.
this may sound like some kind of attack or affront or something given that i'm saying it to you (it's not meant to be), but i wonder if it would be best for town / for overall game health if the top posters were to sit back for a while. there are still people who haven't posted and it's always daunting to arrive to there already being like ten pages, and in general it might help get reads on some of the lower frequency posters. like i said, that isn't a recommendation – it's actually just me wondering, perhaps the distribution of posting is the reason why nobody seems to have any serious reads. or maybe it's just because we've somehow gotten onto really non-revealing conversation topics, who knows.
What’s the town read based on?

I’m trying to put my finger on what I don’t like about the active poster thing. I mean yeah it’s generally good advice, but it doesn’t feel like it fits in this game. What serious reads are people supposed to have by page 7?
NSG - I don't really care if you don't answer the second question, but I would like the first one answered.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:22 am

In post 305, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 232, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 119, GuiltyLion wrote:I thought you came off townier than the Amazonian Legends hydra, it seemed like their play was more centered on appealing to you than vice versa, but I don't know if I have fully formed Takes on it yet since there's always gonna be some level of inherent weirdness in how much experience/familiarity you all collectively have with each other and how it needs to be acknowledged/addressed up front regardless of your alignment combination. Honestly for D1 I might just defer to how you two hydras each sort eachother but I'll jump in if something feels off to me
I know you had a conversation about part of this, but can you explain what you mean by appealing to?
It felt like you had a goal of establishing that you were going to scumread them if they scumread you, and your posts demonstrated that intention, whereas their opening was more just reacting to your entry.

"appealing" isn't the best word, I don't mean "appealing" in a literal sense, but I mean "appealing" in the sense that your posts were proactively designed around sending a message to them - does that make sense?
Yeah that makes sense.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:30 am

In post 310, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
this post in particular

I could definitely imagine it being town in Ceph's spot trying to pressure a questionable slot, but it's just ever so slightly too aggressive for me. like I can see where Ceph is coming from calling out that the "notes" comment is a bit LAMISTy, but it's not too hard for me to imagine a town!Tejate writing the post and thinking it might be useful, he feels genuine to me
morph (and penguin)

What did you guys think about this? Both the original post by Ceph and the analysis by Guilty Lion?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:31 am

Post by numberQ »

Shirou is asking Tejate a lot of leading questions and it all just strikes me as very weird. It ultimately culminates here where he outlines what ostensibly SHOULD have been the pro scum strat. But I don't buy it, I certainly didn't catch onto what Shirou was expecting to hear, and I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else did. Is there anymore clarity in anyone's Tejate read after this - and that question is for Shirou as well? Even if Tejate HAD given that extremely specific answer, I have my doubts that it would have actually helped sort him.

---
In post 434, implosion wrote:
In post 404, fua wrote:
In post 402, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
is this because of any specific interactions between us, or just because we are both voting you
It’s because you have no interactions with each other and yet pray to the reach gods to try to fabricate a reason to scumread me within less than a page of one another. But that’s just why I think you could be paired even outside of you both individually being scum.
This is also kind of weird. I feel like scum if anything will try to have
different
reads from each other. I feel like if I were scum and saw a scumbuddy fabricate a scumread on player X the last thing I would do is then go "hm, i should also fabricate a scumread on player X".

And there's plenty of players that I at least have not interacted with at all.
This point is valid particularly with daytalk in the setup. Scum will be coordinated and it seems unlikely they'd plan this kind of half-baked wagon attempt, especially so early in the game.

---
In post 465, morph the cat wrote:I think fua's play has solo player written all over it.
What do you mean by "solo player"?

---

There's a whole fua vs GL exchange in there that I don't have my thoughts sorted on yet. At multiple times throughout reading it I thought both players were either alignment. I kind of want to just throw it in the TvT bin and be done with it but that feels like a mistake.
Hey!
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:39 am

In post 355, Shirou wrote:I kinda want to become someone that rarely throws around his vote, so that when I do finally vote someone it's supposed to be given proper attention.
As a founding member of the hold onto your vote club, I approve of this message. Be prepared to receive a bunch of shit for it though!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:46 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 509, numberQ wrote:What do you mean by "solo player"?
Doesn't have a mafia PT to rely upon and is playing alone and uninformed.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:48 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 508, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 310, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
this post in particular

I could definitely imagine it being town in Ceph's spot trying to pressure a questionable slot, but it's just ever so slightly too aggressive for me. like I can see where Ceph is coming from calling out that the "notes" comment is a bit LAMISTy, but it's not too hard for me to imagine a town!Tejate writing the post and thinking it might be useful, he feels genuine to me
morph (and penguin)

What did you guys think about this? Both the original post by Ceph and the analysis by Guilty Lion?
When the post hit the thread, we snorted at Ceph dusting off the Titus handwritten notes tell. And we don't think it's a valid observation in this case.

I don't really have an objection to GL's characterization of Ceph, beyond my general concern that many of his stances so far feel overblown given the data in the thread.

Also I'm gonna have to break out the benadryl if I see many more "LAMISTy" references.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:48 am

In post 384, Tejate Raichu wrote:Just for you, I will retroactively attempt to will a town PM into existence.
>>
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 513, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 384, Tejate Raichu wrote:Just for you, I will retroactively attempt to will a town PM into existence.
>>
Don't worry, it worked.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:53 am

In post 391, fua wrote:If you need me to name something I think her suggestion of the top posters sitting back for a while is a good idea, especially since we have a person who hasn’t posted still.
heh, this is the main thing I disliked from NSG. It's a very easy thing for scum to post; makes it look like they care about the game oh so much. Sure town can do it too, but something about the way she worded it felt wrong and kinda cookie cutter.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:55 am

In post 394, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 328, fua wrote:
In post 311, GuiltyLion wrote:actually though I am thinking fua's jump in is worse than Ceph's push

I townread Tejate, but I can imagine Ceph being town misfiring on him. I think if that was a T-T spat, fua's play vibes like scum looking for a distraction outside the scrutiny their own slot is receiving, and leveraging Tejate/Ceph to do it

VOTE: fua
Yes, I want a distraction from my own slot, so instead of enlisting my buddies to do something or waiting my turn, I just hop in balls-out into a pre-existing feud right after people express suspicion of me, because I'm eager to get away from the pressure of zero votes. You have solved the case very early into day 1. I'm not sure what you think my level of experience is or how well-versed I am in how to play this game, but this isn't it chief.
this post is not a good look, my vote stays

you feel extremely defensive, leans on sarcasm extra thick to try to imply that voting/scumreading you is dumb, and is the implication here supposed to be that scum you would never hop into any feud? How else would scum find things to push on or reasons to scumread people?

Where did the "solved the case" nonsense come from? Did my post give you the impression I felt I had "already solved"? Why?
*twitch*
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Alright well I'm not gonna spend another 2 hours reading over an early D1 list, so here you go. First person to tell me I'm an idiot and that all of my reads are wrong gets a free townread.

Spoiler: Reads list so far
Townie McTownerson
--- No one has received this esteemed honor yet.

Town-leaning

Ydrasse --- From what I have seen of their posts so far, they do seem to be in a mindset where they actually want to move things forward and discuss relevant topics. They were one of the first people that struck me as making an effort to move out of RVS, so I like them for town as it stands.
Shirou --- This wasn't really pinging me too much, and if I had posted yesterday they would have been pretty neutral. I
really
like their posts today so far. Going with topics other than the dominant one is something I generally like to see, especially if they're actually game relevant. While it seems like there's some dissent on this, I think their proposals weren't without potential value.

Neutral Town-lean

implosion --- I promise this isn't here just because they TR'd me. Their posts earlier in the day seem to be more silly, which I suppose is to be expected. Their logic, to some extent, seems to match up with my own on a few matters (particularly the Ceph discussion just after fua's vote) which gives me some slight confidence. I don't necessarily like the lack of explanation on some of their reads, though.
GuiltyLion --- This would probably be a neutral if not for 432. I actually quite like this as a response, and I appreciate the extensive clarification. This is the most major thing that sticks out to me about their ISO as it stands.

Neutral

nsg --- I feel like I haven't been given very much to work with here? Their post that pings me the most is the one where they asked the dominant posters to step back since not everyone had posted yet, but that doesn't feel very AI to me at all.
Ceph --- He does seem to be giving his thoughts on posts as they come in, but doesn't seem to have much extended discussion on certain topics. I'd probably re-evaluate on day 2. Still don't really agree with the reasons given for the current wagon.
fua --- I feel like I hardly need to explain, but this is here primarily because they gave me conflicting pings rather than few pings at all. Again, probably a slot I'd re-evaluate day 2.

Neutral Scum-leaning

numberQ --- As I have stated, I really, really do not like their posts on the Ceph situation. The way they were trying to frame it strikes me as very off. Given that this makes up the majority of their game content related posts so far, this really does not give me townvibes. I think their response is... fine, but not particularly amazing. Need some more time but my gut tells me bad things.

Scum-leaning

redtea --- As has been pointed out by several people, their ISO is quite tiny as it stands. The most major thing they have said is shrugging off suspicion of fua. I'll wait for this to post more but this slot doesn't exactly scream town to me so far.

Unranked

imaginality --- I have absolutely nothing to work with here. No posts, no reads.
Amazonian and morph --- Intentionally unranked. I have zero experience with hydras, so I'm gonna need some more time to sort out my thoughts on these.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:57 am

In post 512, morph the cat wrote:Also I'm gonna have to break out the benadryl if I see many more "LAMISTy" references.
this game is already fodder for a buzzword drinking game lol
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Unfortunately, I don't drink.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by implosion »

I fully forgot about dedede. I also fully forgot that I'd even played with Ceph before. There is one thing that I had remembered about morph and I see looking at dedede that it was in that game, which is that I distinctly remembered me having played a scum game where I made some post, and morph absolutely shredded me over that single post and I remember feeling like, emotionally devastated over it lol. Part of why I voted morph is that they felt kind of on the sidelines of this game so far which to be fair might be totally normal for them but it was in somewhat contrast to that memory.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by implosion »

That game actually had me, ceph, morph and GL. Little wild.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by fua »

In post 515, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 391, fua wrote:If you need me to name something I think her suggestion of the top posters sitting back for a while is a good idea, especially since we have a person who hasn’t posted still.
heh, this is the main thing I disliked from NSG. It's a very easy thing for scum to post; makes it look like they care about the game oh so much. Sure town can do it too, but something about the way she worded it felt wrong and kinda cookie cutter.
I’ve done it a couple of times in earnest as town, but I can see where you’re coming from.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by fua »

In post 517, Tejate Raichu wrote:Alright well I'm not gonna spend another 2 hours reading over an early D1 list, so here you go. First person to tell me I'm an idiot and that all of my reads are wrong gets a free townread.

Spoiler: Reads list so far
Townie McTownerson
--- No one has received this esteemed honor yet.

Town-leaning

Ydrasse --- From what I have seen of their posts so far, they do seem to be in a mindset where they actually want to move things forward and discuss relevant topics. They were one of the first people that struck me as making an effort to move out of RVS, so I like them for town as it stands.
Shirou --- This wasn't really pinging me too much, and if I had posted yesterday they would have been pretty neutral. I
really
like their posts today so far. Going with topics other than the dominant one is something I generally like to see, especially if they're actually game relevant. While it seems like there's some dissent on this, I think their proposals weren't without potential value.

Neutral Town-lean

implosion --- I promise this isn't here just because they TR'd me. Their posts earlier in the day seem to be more silly, which I suppose is to be expected. Their logic, to some extent, seems to match up with my own on a few matters (particularly the Ceph discussion just after fua's vote) which gives me some slight confidence. I don't necessarily like the lack of explanation on some of their reads, though.
GuiltyLion --- This would probably be a neutral if not for 432. I actually quite like this as a response, and I appreciate the extensive clarification. This is the most major thing that sticks out to me about their ISO as it stands.

Neutral

nsg --- I feel like I haven't been given very much to work with here? Their post that pings me the most is the one where they asked the dominant posters to step back since not everyone had posted yet, but that doesn't feel very AI to me at all.
Ceph --- He does seem to be giving his thoughts on posts as they come in, but doesn't seem to have much extended discussion on certain topics. I'd probably re-evaluate on day 2. Still don't really agree with the reasons given for the current wagon.
fua --- I feel like I hardly need to explain, but this is here primarily because they gave me conflicting pings rather than few pings at all. Again, probably a slot I'd re-evaluate day 2.

Neutral Scum-leaning

numberQ --- As I have stated, I really, really do not like their posts on the Ceph situation. The way they were trying to frame it strikes me as very off. Given that this makes up the majority of their game content related posts so far, this really does not give me townvibes. I think their response is... fine, but not particularly amazing. Need some more time but my gut tells me bad things.

Scum-leaning

redtea --- As has been pointed out by several people, their ISO is quite tiny as it stands. The most major thing they have said is shrugging off suspicion of fua. I'll wait for this to post more but this slot doesn't exactly scream town to me so far.

Unranked

imaginality --- I have absolutely nothing to work with here. No posts, no reads.
Amazonian and morph --- Intentionally unranked. I have zero experience with hydras, so I'm gonna need some more time to sort out my thoughts on these.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 520, implosion wrote:I distinctly remembered me having played a scum game where I made some post, and morph absolutely shredded me over that single post and I remember feeling like, emotionally devastated over it lol.
The claws and polonium don't usually come out this early unless somebody pulls a cakez.

Return to “Completed Open Games”