Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

i dont want to discourage anyone from DOing Stuff but it's interesting to observe who responds to this seemingly town-loaded gamestate by springing into action and who is chilling
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1248, Tejate Raichu wrote:Alright, I'm back. Are the two hydrae still online by any chance?
In post 1265, Tejate Raichu wrote:Amazonian Legends, in my opinion, has given me more townpings than not so far. In the read format list I had earlier, they'd be neutral town-lean. They spent the early game mostly asking questions rather than jumping in headfirst, and their questions seem fairly relevant to looking at people's mindsets. While they don't have as much content as others here, I'd say what they have posted is fairly content dense, if perhaps a bit laser focused a lot of the time. The focus on reacting to single players or statements at any given time does give me a bit of pause, but it's not enough to make me not want to give them a day 1 pass.

morph, on the other hand, I'm not so sure on. I'm leaning slightly towards null scum, though closer to null than scum. I see most of the reads on morph are meta so far so I can't read into that too much, but as for this thread I am not particularly impressed with what they have posted. This is probably the single most town thing they have posted in a while from my perspective. A lot of their recent discussion seemed to be on meta reads, with little on current content although I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for catchup.

Sorry if I kept either of you waiting., ended up being a little distracted mid-post.
In post 1266, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1252, Tejate Raichu wrote:Well, since I have engaged little with either of you (AL/morph) I would like to start discussion with my reads on you. I think I know where to categorize you two now, give me a minute to write down a proper post.
Minutes more like eons.

I wanna engage before crash but you're not back so :~/

Pedit wow timing
In post 1269, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1267, morph the cat wrote:Damn your favorite post was spay not me.

Rude.
Hey, I'm sure there's plenty of posts you can make that I'll like. Hang in there.
In post 1270, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1265, Tejate Raichu wrote:a day 1 pass.
The morphisms. They go on and on and on.
In post 1271, Tejate Raichu wrote:Regardless of whether you are town or scum, I will concede that I like your terminology.

Day X pass is pretty good.
In post 1272, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1271, Tejate Raichu wrote:Regardless of whether you are town or scum, I will concede that I like your terminology.

Day X pass is pretty good.
We ought to make a list. There's a ton of little things we have introduced into the cultural dictionary here that we are proud of.

My recent favorite is polonium tea.
In post 1273, Tejate Raichu wrote:Okay I swear, last off topic post for now. You get your own wiki page, right? You could use that.
i went to a random page to start thinking about how the imaginality votes happened and found this instead. this is such a wet noodle of an interaction.

"hey hydras, i want to dance"
"okay"
>tejate posts reads talking around the hydras rather than to them
morph doesn't even comment on how lame this Promised Post That Kept You Waiting is and they talk about nothing at all as though that was the expected outcome?

what is this trash??
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

does either of them comment later on how fucking lame this was???? they should both suspect each other after this imo
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1268, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 927, imaginality wrote:Well, not necessarily I guess, asynchronous dialogue is possible but I get more from back and forth when I'm online at the same time as the other player(s), especially in fastpaced games.
We were online at the same time a little bit ago, and you're unsure of us, why no back and forth?
tejate completely ignored this post?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

oh nvm i read what i wanted to read on that one
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

there are so many offtopic or playing other games instead of this one morph posts.

is it perhaps pulling teeth for you to play this game since ffery is driving.
Bartleby the Scrivener
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:31 am

Post by implosion »

A mechanical thought: I think no-limming today may actually be the best move, but not sure. The advantage to continuing to lim every day is that a doc save earns us an extra mislim; I believe this is literally the only mechanical advantage. No-limming in this setup is actually pretty nice, because it basically "improves" every remaining cop by one night. If there are any n2 cops, we'll be able to use their info for the next elimination rather than the following one, etc etc. We lower the risk of eliminating any cops before they're able to use their shots, and if there
is
a doc save tonight then we can just do it again.

The other downside is there's a good chance we'd lose probably ceph (assuming that we leash Ydrasse to fua). But scum couldn't just safely kill him either, because we could easily have another n2 doctor.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

god i just spotted that "ffery gave away the farm" post again and... idk you're so weird this game is a spade just a spade.
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:33 am

Post by morph the cat »

Ceph my thoughts about Tejate revolved so much around how different he's been here vs the newbie game, which I could not discuss on day 1.

The interaction you point up is when it started to hit home how different and how anemic his interactions are here compared to that game.

Anyway, I should have pushed him more on day 1, but I hoped the newbie game was going to end at any moment for several days and I could straight up ask him what the hell. I was an incredibly slow and low-activity final day.

I'm a little annoyed he had no response to my post last night.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1328, GuiltyLion wrote:I wish I had more energy to explain it but imaginality's 1105 and 1116 really give me this emulating/fake vibe in how he talks about his reads.
this is a weird thing to post in your like, third of 10 consecutive posts
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1957, Cephrir wrote:god i just spotted that "ffery gave away the farm" post again and... idk you're so weird this game is a spade just a spade.
ugh.

This aspect of my scum game was a known thing in like 2014. I remember notsci saying something about it in the tales of you game (I think that was the game).

I'm better at not letting it seep so noticeably into my posts, for sure. Sometimes it's not there at all. Sometimes there is a post or two where it came out, that might or might not have been noticed.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1369, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1367, Tejate Raichu wrote:Though granted, putting imaginality at E-1 was probably a bit hasty, one of a few things I regret doing last night. Don't play mafia when your brain is melting, kids.
:grimacing:
yeah this post still sucks
Bartleby the Scrivener
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1943, Tejate Raichu wrote:What about this post in particular gives you that impression? I don't really feel like it's that dissimilar from this.
I literally explain what I think town!you would do in this situation rather than posting that...like, this question also feels unnecessary Tejate. As if you're asking just to ask, post just to post. I felt some...fire and greater purpose from your posts on the newbie game and I don't here.

Also that vote Meg...kinda
hilarious
to hear you saying I'm not interested in solving. Have you ever looked at your own ISO...?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 1956, implosion wrote:A mechanical thought: I think no-limming today may actually be the best move, but not sure. The advantage to continuing to lim every day is that a doc save earns us an extra mislim; I believe this is literally the only mechanical advantage. No-limming in this setup is actually pretty nice, because it basically "improves" every remaining cop by one night. If there are any n2 cops, we'll be able to use their info for the next elimination rather than the following one, etc etc. We lower the risk of eliminating any cops before they're able to use their shots, and if there
is
a doc save tonight then we can just do it again.

The other downside is there's a good chance we'd lose probably ceph (assuming that we leash Ydrasse to fua). But scum couldn't just safely kill him either, because we could easily have another n2 doctor.
eh implo

even if we miselim someone that would be cop checked at night, it just means there's one less target for the cops though? I also do kinda think we can likely get an extra save until the end of this game perhaps, which would give us an extra elimination yeah.

The unique scenario I see a no-lim strategy being better than just limming everyday is if...welp, don't want to give scum ideas actually kkkk, but yeah it's only in a specific scenario so I'm kinda against this.

This is the...weirdest post from you for me to be honest...didn't expect you to think no limming may be a good idea given the counterpoints I said above (maybe I'm missing something though? dunno).
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

i ran out of energy

VOTE: tejate
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1958, morph the cat wrote:Ceph my thoughts about Tejate revolved so much around how different he's been here vs the newbie game, which I could not discuss on day 1.
this does not really explain why your dance was so bad!!
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1965, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1958, morph the cat wrote:Ceph my thoughts about Tejate revolved so much around how different he's been here vs the newbie game, which I could not discuss on day 1.
this does not really explain why your dance was so bad!!
I mean I can't speak for her but if you want me to can-opener the can of worms that is my head about why I'm different this game, just remember you asked for it?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

that's foreboding
Bartleby the Scrivener
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:04 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1962, Shirou wrote:
In post 1943, Tejate Raichu wrote:What about this post in particular gives you that impression? I don't really feel like it's that dissimilar from this.
I literally explain what I think town!you would do in this situation rather than posting that...like, this question also feels unnecessary Tejate. As if you're asking just to ask, post just to post. I felt some...fire and greater purpose from your posts on the newbie game and I don't here.

Also that vote Meg...kinda
hilarious
to hear you saying I'm not interested in solving. Have you ever looked at your own ISO...?
I don't recall myself trying to force a 50/50 between two players that I haven't interacted with.

Solving doesn't actually require much vocalization but pushing an agenda does. Activity isn't AI.

Would love to hear more of what you think of ceph/ ydrasse at this point
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1944, morph the cat wrote:@Tejate

No response to my post from last night?
I didn't have much to say about that at the time, but I guess there's no time like the present.
In post 1930, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1912, Tejate Raichu wrote:Came back to check before I head out. My issue with morph that brought me to a null-scum is their lack of posts I like rather than posts I didn't. I feel like at the very least I'd have seen more from ffery. I can't think of any specific posts that scumping me on such short notice, but the main reason I have almost no confidence in this slot at the moment is because the most townie post (in my opinion) that I've looked at was less like a loud ping and more like someone whispering the word "town" from another room.

I forgot to mention in that particular post, but I actually left Shirou out intentionally. I want to think a bit on their slot in particular, and I wanted to express those thoughts in a separate post. My bad for not mentioning it.
I feel similarly about you. You were a relative ball of fire in the newbie game and really efforted there. I was townreading you almost immediately after you replaced in.

Here, you've been passive and it feels like you're just sitting back waiting for the game to come to you rather than digging your teeth in.

But, I don't know if I should be expectation-setting based on that newbie game, so I'm trying to kind of level it off a little. If I don't look for that kind of effort and energy and townpost after townpost after townpost, then what do I have left?

A lot of posts that don't do much for me, and quite a few posts that actively ping.
I admit that my play has not been the best this game. It's pretty clear that I've caused a situation where I am forced on the defensive, and will likely not be trusted until a cop checks me or I am released from this mortal coil. I do not feel like there is much constructive I can say in response to this particular post. And frankly, even if I did, I'm not really sure that it's going to do me much good to keep being defensive. It's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing, I have 3 voters on me and several people who are likely to have me as their first or second pick for a wagon. I can't stop that just by defending against scum!me arguments from you and Shirou.
In post 1947, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1943, Tejate Raichu wrote:Among that whole series of wallposts implo did, much of which I didn't like at all, this sticks out as something I really really do not like. This just doesn't make sense to me within the context of the situation at all.
Can you explain this

I liked the point but did not examine the context
Basically, in that statement (full post here), he says that GL pushing and voting fua there was a "vanity vote" as opposed to putting pressure on you, which would have been a "real wagon". But how does that make any sense? Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that is a bizzare way to frame it considering the game was just
barely
starting to gain some meat on its bones at that point. Sure hindsight is 20/20, but from the perspective of page 12 mindset I think that's a pretty terrible point in the case against GL.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:10 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1967, Cephrir wrote:that's foreboding
Eh, more like it's not mafia related in the slightest and very uh, personal, but if you need to know then I'm fine opening up.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:11 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1969, Tejate Raichu wrote:I can't stop that just by defending against scum!me arguments from you and Shirou.
I take it you've not done much research on Morph outside of the game you played with spay, then.

If anything, we're IMFAMOUS for actively dismantling wagons if we become convinced a player is town, damn the torpedos. See most recently the T3-->Dann slot event in Cephrir's large theme he hosted a while back.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1970, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1967, Cephrir wrote:that's foreboding
Eh, more like it's not mafia related in the slightest and very uh, personal, but if you need to know then I'm fine opening up.
i'll let it rest for now. i don't think you would make up something like that, but at the same time i still get to be suspicious of you because you can have life issues and a red role pm
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1969, Tejate Raichu wrote:I admit that my play has not been the best this game. It's pretty clear that I've caused a situation where I am forced on the defensive, and will likely not be trusted until a cop checks me or I am released from this mortal coil. I do not feel like there is much constructive I can say in response to this particular post. And frankly, even if I did, I'm not really sure that it's going to do me much good to keep being defensive. It's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing, I have 3 voters on me and several people who are likely to have me as their first or second pick for a wagon. I can't stop that just by defending against scum!me arguments from you and Shirou.
I'm not printing out roadmaps to getting townread by me, but defending against arguments you're scum ain't it.

The post you're responding to, I'm not even calling you scum. I'm saying that the differences in your play are giving me a bad case of hives, even though I objectively feel it's wrong for me to build an entire model's worth of expectations on one game played with you.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:13 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1969, Tejate Raichu wrote:I admit that my play has not been the best this game. It's pretty clear that I've caused a situation where I am forced on the defensive, and will likely not be trusted until a cop checks me or I am released from this mortal coil. I do not feel like there is much constructive I can say in response to this particular post. And frankly, even if I did, I'm not really sure that it's going to do me much good to keep being defensive. It's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing, I have 3 voters on me and several people who are likely to have me as their first or second pick for a wagon. I can't stop that just by defending against scum!me arguments from you and Shirou.
I'm not printing out roadmaps to getting townread by me, but defending against arguments you're scum ain't it.

The post you're responding to, I'm not even calling you scum. I'm saying that the differences in your play are giving me a bad case of hives, even though I objectively feel it's wrong for me to build an entire model's worth of expectations on one game played with you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”