House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:35 am

Post by House »

In post 1591, Datisi wrote:was anyone actually thinking a50's slot was cleared because of the force-repout? i sure wasn't
I actually felt it was
too
tryhard to self clear, because staying away at night is trivial if scum has daytalk.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:37 am

Post by House »

In post 2, catboi wrote:
Setup

The setup for this game is a closed mini normal. The following information about the setup is known:
  • The mafia have daytalk.

• The mafia do
    not
    have multitasking.
Sample VT Role PM:

You are a
Vanilla Townie
You have no abilities.

You win when there are no mafia aligned players alive and there is at least one town aligned player still alive. Please confirm by summarizing your role to the moderator.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1590, House wrote:Scum don't play along with fake Mason claims.
Evidence?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Datisi »

s_s, have you done a single ai thing this game?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1603, Datisi wrote:s_s, have you done a single ai thing this game?
^real talk
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Datisi »

baltar, how do you feel about my skitter vote?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:28 am

Post by OutWorldER »

right, D2 started at a bad time for me, trying to catch up while tired, my thoughts will probably be really scattered.

I think VPB's posting today is bad but in the "town who is overly paranoid" kinda bad and his claimed info on A50/Math means there's no reason to lim him today regardless.
I fundamentally disagree with I_V being given a townpass for the mason claim, I think House is all but conftown but I've been in a situation before where town fakeclaims and accidentally clears a scum (in the same game I was with Frogster) and really would not enjoy a repeat of that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:34 am

Probably.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1606, OutWorldER wrote:right, D2 started at a bad time for me, trying to catch up while tired, my thoughts will probably be really scattered.

I think VPB's posting today is bad but in the "town who is overly paranoid" kinda bad and his claimed info on A50/Math means there's no reason to lim him today regardless.
I fundamentally disagree with I_V being given a townpass for the mason claim, I think House is all but conftown but I've been in a situation before where town fakeclaims and accidentally clears a scum (in the same game I was with Frogster) and really would not enjoy a repeat of that.
This is true actually, I hadn't thought of it from that point of view. Compared to how it went in that game, I think House is smarter than Ejji, but equally as impulsive, so the same situation I could see happening.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1605, Datisi wrote:baltar, how do you feel about my skitter vote?
It's on the table for me. I want to reread skitt today and see how I feel about it independently
YOUR AD HERE

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Does S_S normally seem apathetic and with slight antipathy in their town meta?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:47 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Skitter and VP are the only ones I realistically could see killing RTP, and I already explained why I think VP is town/no reason to lim him today, so Skitter is the only option here I think.

VOTE: Skitter
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Probably nothing but I wanted to fly it by others. I've used this apathetic with slight antipathy tell thing to screen scum before out of the nulls over livechat. I'm guessing this is in line with S_S usual town play but I want to hear it from someone who knows since it seems like many have played with him before.

I just grabbed these from S_S iso that show the tone I'm referring to:

Spoiler:
In post 163, Something_Smart wrote:Man, when I hoped that discussion would pick up in this game, this is
not
what I had in mind.
In post 204, Something_Smart wrote:RTP with your avi you simultaneously make me think you're pooky and ducky and I hate this feeling
In post 722, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 681, Datisi wrote:i had a dream i was modding a dance game and s_s flipped red, and the final 4 was peta/ydrasse and pooky/gypyx and gypyx was scum, but i didn't mod the game properly from that point on and i got permabanned. anyway this game yes
I actually burst out laughing.

I'm sorry your subconscious is mean to you in such an amusing way.
In post 767, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 759, Frogsterking wrote:Did you read my Lap case ?
I read part of it. Pretty much nothing you've said so far has resonated with me, and I don't generally find cases convincing, so I wasn't expecting it to do much for me.
In post 760, VP Baltar wrote:SS, you going to vote someone at somepoint?
Probably not. The person I would vote is Lap, but that wagon probably goes through before I'd like to end the day.
In post 776, Something_Smart wrote:Sorry that I spoiled you spoiling the game.
In post 796, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 792, skitter30 wrote:And wrt rtp, his reasoning feels very opaque to me, and i dont really understand his reads
I feel this way about everyone, so it doesn't bother me anymore. (Also, *they)
In post 996, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 947, Frogsterking wrote:Is it in SS town meta to not vote anyone or FoS people and try to pocket multiple players?
Yes
In post 1002, Something_Smart wrote:Sometimes townies do things that don't appear to have a good reason. Sometimes they legitimately don't have a good reason, and sometimes they have one that you just can't see.
In post 1092, Something_Smart wrote:I'm kind of insulted that Koba thinks I'm this easy to read.

Then again, I guess it isn't that different from when people thought I was definitely town for my end-of-predance antics in Holiday Dance Party. They don't really mean it.
In post 1107, Something_Smart wrote:Eventually you learn to tune it out.
In post 1114, Something_Smart wrote:But I'm a nobody, so I guess that checks out.
In post 1193, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 767, Something_Smart wrote:Probably not. The person I would vote is Lap, but that wagon probably goes through before I'd like to end the day.
Also hey, look who's psychic
In post 1550, Something_Smart wrote:I'm gonna have to reread this while more awake but

How did y'all make like 7 pages while I was asleep and the only thing worth responding to is that MathBlade thinks a statistical likelihood is profound
In post 1579, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1575, VP Baltar wrote:And this person was????
I would have to do a lot of unpleasant reading to have a chance of answering this, but looking for people who jumped on the Lap wagon pretty early is probably a good start.
In post 1583, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1581, VP Baltar wrote:I'm afraid reading is going to be required at this point unfortunately
Guess I'm getting detention, then.
In post 1607, Something_Smart wrote:
Probably.

I guess the tell that I observed in the past may be that the scum hiding in the nulls is pulling off an apathetic townie thing but they're being a little consistently microaggressive and it's standing out. Not sure if that's applicable here with S_S.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I mean, yeah, S_S has been apathetic, to the point that he has not made a single vote this entire game and consistently dances around major events/wagons. He's active lurking through and through.

I absolutely want to kill S_S at some point but I think Skitter is better today.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1611, OutWorldER wrote:Skitter and VP are the only ones I realistically could see killing RTP
why do you think this?
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1606, OutWorldER wrote:I think VPB's posting today is bad
What is bad in your view?
YOUR AD HERE

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:31 am

Post by House »

RTP thought so.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1610, Frogsterking wrote:Does S_S normally seem apathetic and with slight antipathy in their town meta?
Yes
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:43 am

In post 1616, House wrote:RTP thought so.
I'm pretty sure that was mostly just false confidence/reaction testing. I would make that post as scum.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am

Post by House »

In post 1618, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1616, House wrote:RTP thought so.
I'm pretty sure that was mostly just false confidence/reaction testing. I would make that post as scum.
All the same, I'm sheeping it.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Datisi »

i'm not sure if i like the fact that s_s apparently only wants to comment on math using math wrong, when i feel like he's lowkey misrepping the "this group of 5 probs has scum in it" argument. like it felt to me that math was saying that it's likely there's scum in it *because* they're voting together in rvs (which is not something i agree with but whatever) and s_s had to butt in with "well achckually that's true for any group of 5" ok cool do you have any actual opinions on the game?

like i know s_s isn't big on Producing Solves and stuff like that, but we've had a scumflip, a retracted claim, a newly made claim, do you have Any thoughts on people's alignments here??
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1556, Something_Smart wrote:When the night started, actually even before then, I was wondering about something very curious. It basically became common knowledge in this game that Lap was flipping scum. There is no way that anyone can justifiably be that confident D1; some of it came from Koba, but I feel like there was someone on the scumteam who was highly in tune with the game and was basically telling Lap "you're dead, stop posting".

As I say this I realize I should check daytalk, but... it was almost surreal the way scum-Lap was just beamed into everyone's brains like it was Star Trek.
ok i guess this post was technically A Thought. but like, only half a point because it talks in abstracts and reaches no conclusions.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 am

Post by Datisi »

i was gonna write "mathblade calling me/vp t/t while we were fighting probably means he's town, unless he is scum with exactly baltar" and then i remembered lmao
~M
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:19 am

In post 1620, Datisi wrote:like it felt to me that math was saying that it's likely there's scum in it *because* they're voting together in rvs (which is not something i agree with but whatever) and s_s had to butt in with "well achckually that's true for any group of 5"
Maybe I wasn't clear but yes that's how I interpreted it, I'm just saying it's nonsense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:20 am

In post 1620, Datisi wrote:like i know s_s isn't big on Producing Solves and stuff like that, but we've had a scumflip, a retracted claim, a newly made claim, do you have Any thoughts on people's alignments here??
I will eventually. I'm pretty busy this weekend, sorry.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”