Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Andresvmb »

So there’s two options here. Either the Friendly Neighbor claim is coming from two Scum together (this is not a novel concept, and I have faxed it directly as Town before, but it was a risky claim that almost lead to the Team’s loss), or it’s a real claim and we have to accept Kitty is Town. Given how the game has played out, I’m inclined to believe Kitty is just Town. So I’ll lock that one. Note that the claim doesn’t speak to angela’s alignment, but it does eliminate the possibility entirely that they’re Ascetic. Which means, Scorpious is either lying or was blocked. Since there weren’t any claims prior to today, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the Scum would have chosen to block Scorpious as a frame, but it does raise the probability (which I still think is not the most likely scenario) that Scorpious is lying about their role and message, and therefore Scum.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Andresvmb »

^faced it directly*
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1597, Scorpious wrote:so lets examine the setup then.
Why would there be one confirmable message sender and one not?
Why would there be a town neighbor and a mafia mailman?

The second seems incredibly unbalanced to me..
This, however, is silly. Without having full knowledge of the roles, it’s very difficult to say whether the setup is balanced. The Scum could easily have other roles outside of a Scum mailman, and the Town could have other roles that complement what we’ve already seen. You’re speculating about lack of balance only to make yourself look better and that is suspicious to me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:06 am

Post by Andresvmb »

The Friendly Neighbor message should be a confirmation that Kitty is Town and I suggest you ask the Mod angela. There should be no ambiguity there.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1600, Andresvmb wrote:So there’s two options here. Either the Friendly Neighbor claim is coming from two Scum together (this is not a novel concept, and I have faxed it directly as Town before, but it was a risky claim that almost lead to the Team’s loss), or it’s a real claim and we have to accept Kitty is Town. Given how the game has played out, I’m inclined to believe Kitty is just Town. So I’ll lock that one. Note that the claim doesn’t speak to angela’s alignment, but it does eliminate the possibility entirely that they’re Ascetic. Which means, Scorpious is either lying or was blocked. Since there weren’t any claims prior to today, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that the Scum would have chosen to block Scorpious as a frame, but it does raise the probability (which I still think is not the most likely scenario) that Scorpious is lying about their role and message, and therefore Scum.
This is a logical process, I find it very town.

Also logical:

UNVOTE:
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1603, Andresvmb wrote:The Friendly Neighbor message should be a confirmation that Kitty is Town and I suggest you ask the Mod angela. There should be no ambiguity there.
ask a mod what? she seems pretty confident what it means..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1523, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1393, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1386, angela wrote:
In post 1383, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1380, angela wrote:
In post 1378, Andresvmb wrote:Either the role is accurate, or they’ve engaged in the dumbest fake claim ever. I don’t necessarily think Scorpious is the best player in the game. But do you really think they boxed themselves into a situation where they had to send a message and didn’t have the capability to do so? That just seems way too dumb.
you know they could just be trying to frame me, the recipient, right?
C’mon this is absurd. They frame you, you flip Town, they get executed next most likely. They do not set it up that way in advance. Which is what you’re arguing. They had to claim mailman under pressure in D1. Like this is clearly not a strategy to win the game. Where’s your skepticism?
they have already bought an extra day from the claim due to my brain worms

why would you think mafia trying to buy a second extra day

would not be beneficial to the mafia?
Sigh. Scum don’t buy extra days in this way c’mon. There’s absolutely no guarantee at all that mailman as a claim buys you any additional time, because it’s so useless as a role in a vacuum. I have never seen it employed as a fake claim to save a Scum. It’s a useless role the vast majority of the time.
He once claimed bulletproof cop. I wouldn't put it past him to make bizarre claims.

Besides, angela has little reason to lie about a mailman message if she is scum either! Because she will just get killed the next day is Scorp is town. And angela is way more townie to me than Scorp. I'm parked on Scorp still.
Yes, if I’m being honest, now that I feel maybe a bit better about angela again, I think Scorpious is the better execution of the two if we’re going down that path. Since Scorpious has made bizarre claims in the past, I can’t discount that this claim was totally made up. I think it’s idiotic and I would be furious if I was part of the Scum Team (I mean c’mon that is going to backfire at some point if that’s the case), but okay, should not be discounted.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1606, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1523, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1393, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1386, angela wrote:
In post 1383, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1380, angela wrote:
In post 1378, Andresvmb wrote:Either the role is accurate, or they’ve engaged in the dumbest fake claim ever. I don’t necessarily think Scorpious is the best player in the game. But do you really think they boxed themselves into a situation where they had to send a message and didn’t have the capability to do so? That just seems way too dumb.
you know they could just be trying to frame me, the recipient, right?
C’mon this is absurd. They frame you, you flip Town, they get executed next most likely. They do not set it up that way in advance. Which is what you’re arguing. They had to claim mailman under pressure in D1. Like this is clearly not a strategy to win the game. Where’s your skepticism?
they have already bought an extra day from the claim due to my brain worms

why would you think mafia trying to buy a second extra day

would not be beneficial to the mafia?
Sigh. Scum don’t buy extra days in this way c’mon. There’s absolutely no guarantee at all that mailman as a claim buys you any additional time, because it’s so useless as a role in a vacuum. I have never seen it employed as a fake claim to save a Scum. It’s a useless role the vast majority of the time.
He once claimed bulletproof cop. I wouldn't put it past him to make bizarre claims.

Besides, angela has little reason to lie about a mailman message if she is scum either! Because she will just get killed the next day is Scorp is town. And angela is way more townie to me than Scorp. I'm parked on Scorp still.
Yes, if I’m being honest, now that I feel maybe a bit better about angela again, I think Scorpious is the better execution of the two if we’re going down that path. Since Scorpious has made bizarre claims in the past, I can’t discount that this claim was totally made up. I think it’s idiotic and I would be furious if I was part of the Scum Team (I mean c’mon that is going to backfire at some point if that’s the case), but okay, should not be discounted.
I'm starting to see why Angela has 17 alts.. How is that even relevant to THIS game?

Am I just not allowed to claim anymore?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1525, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1398, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1369, Andresvmb wrote:I haven’t appreciated how Scorpious has approached the game so far, but I have a hard time seeing how they’re straight up lying about sending angela a message.

I re-read some of what Scorpious’ has been posting. I would argue they’re not all that likely to be Scum to be honest. Not the greatest player perhaps, but probably not Scum. I also really didn’t like how angela was speaking about Not_Mafia towards the end of the day yesterday, covertly trying to dissuade me from saving Not_Mafia. So I’m beginning to think I’m being fooled by angela, and the slot deserves some pressure.

@Scorpious, what did your message say?
"I am sending a message to you because you are obviously the catalyst to the game. I assure you my role is town. Side note between me and you.. The hammer was accidental" ~Scorp
It didn't look very accidental...
And yes, I’m with you here. The claim that the hammer was accidental doesn’t sit right with me. I had even clearly stated before that vote that I did not want to hammer Not_Mafia. So anyone paying some attention to the thread towards the end of the day (which I suspect Scorpious was doing since they acted on my appeal to move their vote) would have known that Not_Mafia was at E-1. I think that is objectively a bad sign.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:22 am

Post by geraintm »

i am heavy on the elimiate scorpious train of thought with from the info provided by angela and kitty
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:23 am

Post by geraintm »

VOTE: scorpious
not even sure why i am not

i repeat i do not see angela and scorpious as being opposite alignments
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Scorpious »

just gonna sit back and watch this farce of a LHF wagon build up..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1609, geraintm wrote:i am heavy on the elimiate scorpious train of thought with from the info provided by angela and kitty
In post 1610, geraintm wrote:VOTE: scorpious
not even sure why i am not

i repeat i do not see angela and scorpious as being opposite alignments
so happy we're getting that content you promised.. SMDH you're just doing the same thing you did yesterday.

You're just not being vocal about it..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Scorpious you’re misunderstanding the point. There are certain slots that will happily fake claim as both Town as Scum. There are also slots that will be more aggressive with their fake claims as Scum. For example, Koba or House both fake claim as Town to draw attention, or to disrupt the flow of the game when they perceive it to be in favor of Scum. They’re not in this game, but I would never take a claim from them at face value unless it was confirmed multiple which ways. Flavor Leaf and Koba are both also very aggressive with their fake claims. Sometimes to their detriment. But they will make claims that are way out there, and you have to be careful to assume that they just wouldn’t claim something crazy or seemingly sub-optimal, because they do it intentionally as part of their strategy (and they’re very good players as Scum).

If you have a history of doing something, then that plays against you. You could look at my entire history of games as Scum, and I play conservatively with claims. Why? Because I think I have rhetorical skills that generally speaking let others give me the benefit of the doubt, so I’ve never felt pressure to push my luck with claims. I just don’t get executed a whole lot (and almost never as Town). This doesn’t apply to you. So I can’t just assume that your mailman claim, which objectively is a bad claim for Scum, definitely means you’re Town. That’s the point. And since that’s the case, it’s far better to analyze your slot from your actions in the game. And if I’m being honest, I did strongly think you were Scum at various times for a reason.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1613, Andresvmb wrote:@Scorpious you’re misunderstanding the point. There are certain slots that will happily fake claim as both Town as Scum. There are also slots that will be more aggressive with their fake claims as Scum. For example, Koba or House both fake claim as Town to draw attention, or to disrupt the flow of the game when they perceive it to be in favor of Scum. They’re not in this game, but I would never take a claim from them at face value unless it was confirmed multiple which ways. Flavor Leaf and Koba are both also very aggressive with their fake claims. Sometimes to their detriment. But they will make claims that are way out there, and you have to be careful to assume that they just wouldn’t claim something crazy or seemingly sub-optimal, because they do it intentionally as part of their strategy (and they’re very good players as Scum).

If you have a history of doing something, then that plays against you. You could look at my entire history of games as Scum, and I play conservatively with claims. Why? Because I think I have rhetorical skills that generally speaking let others give me the benefit of the doubt, so I’ve never felt pressure to push my luck with claims. I just don’t get executed a whole lot (and almost never as Town). This doesn’t apply to you. So I can’t just assume that your mailman claim, which objectively is a bad claim for Scum, definitely means you’re Town. That’s the point. And since that’s the case, it’s far better to analyze your slot from your actions in the game. And if I’m being honest, I did strongly think you were Scum at various times for a reason.
Sorry, I don't play my games with any regard to how my NEXT game is going to go..

I don't expect you to take anything at face value,but a claim I made in a previous game should NOT be grounds for someone to regard me as scum THIS game..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Scorpious »

Andres is town,Kitty is town,not sure on Angela,and Gera is total scum..

VOTE: Gera

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Andresvmb »

You’re still not understanding what I’m saying. If you have a tendency to do something as Scum, ignoring that possibility is dumb.

If you see that I self-vote a lot as Scum, but never as Town, and you’ve played with me a lot, and I’m self-voting in a game, what do you think that means on average? That’s a bit what some players are arguing. You can’t just ignore the past entirely because certain players do have tendencies. Is it repeating itself here? I don’t know, I’m not arguing your claim makes it so that you’re Scum. What I am saying is that the claim itself wouldn’t make it impossible for you to be Scum, despite how hard it is to maintain long-term.

I can guarantee that you will never see my fake claim mailman as Scum. I’m either a Scum mailman, or a Town mailman if I’m claiming it. But it’ll never be made up. We’re faced with the possibility that you could have made it up. Just because I wouldn’t do it doesn’t mean you wouldn’t. And your history helps judge that.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:31 am

Post by geraintm »

you seem to not accept that your past actions have consequences scorpious.
if this is a town vs town thing, then yeah we are screwed but it just looks like we are going to pluck a low hanging fruit that we think scum put there
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’ll be honest, the fact that Nero Cain and Save The Dragons seem to be taking a complete back seat this game is raising some massive red flags for me.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1617, geraintm wrote:you seem to not accept that your past actions have consequences scorpious.
if this is a town vs town thing, then yeah we are screwed but it just looks like we are going to pluck a low hanging fruit that we think scum put there
don't talk to me unless you have something original to say..

You are literally paraphrasing what Andres said.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1616, Andresvmb wrote:You’re still not understanding what I’m saying. If you have a tendency to do something as Scum, ignoring that possibility is dumb.

If you see that I self-vote a lot as Scum, but never as Town, and you’ve played with me a lot, and I’m self-voting in a game, what do you think that means on average? That’s a bit what some players are arguing. You can’t just ignore the past entirely because certain players do have tendencies. Is it repeating itself here? I don’t know, I’m not arguing your claim makes it so that you’re Scum. What I am saying is that the claim itself wouldn’t make it impossible for you to be Scum, despite how hard it is to maintain long-term.

I can guarantee that you will never see my fake claim mailman as Scum. I’m either a Scum mailman, or a Town mailman if I’m claiming it. But it’ll never be made up. We’re faced with the possibility that you could have made it up. Just because I wouldn’t do it doesn’t mean you wouldn’t. And your history helps judge that.
again, with this kind of reasoning. I see the need for alts. not disagreeing with you,but the fact that this conversation is happening.

I also could care less about my meta,have fun reading it. I'm one of the most erratic people you will have the pleasure of reading. I'm not good at this game. I just enjoy it cause its..get ready for it.. a game.. and fun. ;)

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.2
Jessie J - Domino
(2011)

Commentary: This was before Jessie J came out as... heterosexual and then went on to compete in a Chinese talent show.

Scorpious
(3):
KittyTacky
angela
geraintm

Save The Dragons
(2):
Andresvmb
Rathe

Andante
(1):
Save The Dragons

angela
(1):
Galron

geraintm
(1):
Scorpious

Not Voting
(2):
MalcolmTucker
Nero Cain

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-04-07 09:08:00).
Last edited by Greeting on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:49 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1568, angela wrote:
In post 1567, KittyTacky wrote:What color was the text? And I think you can ask the mod for clarification, FN messages are meant to be a mod confirmation.
idk how descriptive i can be of it before it falls under private communications rule and don’t want to skirt line
I don't think "the text was green" would fall under private communications, and I feel "the messages are meant to be distinct" is something the mod is ought to clarify when PMed.
In post 1575, Scorpious wrote:It's just super convenient that the person that is latched on to me like a tick happens to have the same type of role as I claimed..
It's convenient because such things rarely appear in the same faction. FN is basically an IC, if anyone wants to know I'm real I can easily prove it. Yea you're going up.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:51 am

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1578, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1577, angela wrote:
In post 1575, Scorpious wrote:It's just super convenient that the person that is latched on to me like a tick happens to have the same type of role as I claimed..
do you not think

that might be part of why they are latched on to you?
I think the setup is designed to fuck with us now..

They were latched on to me way before I claimed, so its moot what their role allegedly is.

Hence the convenience factor.
I wasn't sure you were scum before you claimed. But my role made your claim quite damning in my eyes. That's why I floored the pedal during my second push.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:52 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@Galron I think you’re Town. I read your ISO and I appreciate some of the points you’ve made even though you’ve ended up voting incorrectly at times. Can you come back and tell me if you would vote Scorpious here? Or do you think we should try and clear up whether the counter-wagon of STD is Scum? Because Not_Mafia and Pooky both felt STD could be Scum, and I certainly think that might hit.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”