micro 1049: taking it bit by bit (endgame)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 296, the worst wrote:noted, tomorrow is fine. I could go for Kenny tbh.
kenny is town.

their thought processes, while wildly (objectively) bad in terms of mafia theory -> line up with a thought process a townie would bring to the table regarding seeing what has unfolded here.

What makes you think they are informed?

Like seriously - people who say things you disagree with are not scum lol.

Can you outline why you think they are scum?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:05 am

Post by Logic and Literature »

yep, off to bed for me, maybe i'll find the patience for this game tomorrow

the fact that duck is being reasonable is making me instinctively wanna townread him even though i know that is a very VERY dangerous game

-D
Datisi (he/it) and Aristeia (she/her) hydra!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:06 am

Post by the worst »

In post 0, schadd_ wrote:
welcome to micro 1049, which is mystery box of silver 14, subtitled
taking it bit by bit
. we will be trying to just get it done slowly and comfortably and consistently.

in this case i will acknowledge Isis as a reviewer for the setup, and provide a shoutout to body language.

Spoiler: players list
  1. DkKoba
  2. Kennyk
  3. Logic and Literature (Datisi + Aristeia)
  4. Flea the Magician
  5. RCEnigma
  6. bugspray
  7. Enchant
  8. Mistyx
  9. the worst

Spoiler: alive players
  • DkKoba
  • Kennyk
  • Logic and Literature
  • Flea the Magician
  • RCEnigma
  • bugspray
  • Enchant
  • Mistyx
  • the worst

Spoiler: reveals

雎晓雯 photographed by leslie zhang.
Stop being sceptical. My pockets ate deep and comfortable.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

maybe you should try reading her iso or something idk man
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 301, Logic and Literature wrote:yep, off to bed for me, maybe i'll find the patience for this game tomorrow

the fact that duck is being reasonable is making me instinctively wanna townread him even though i know that is a very VERY dangerous game

-D
"reasonable"

quote these posts that are reasonable to you.
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:08 am

Post by the worst »

In post 300, DkKoba wrote:
In post 296, the worst wrote:noted, tomorrow is fine. I could go for Kenny tbh.
kenny is town.

their thought processes, while wildly (objectively) bad in terms of mafia theory -> line up with a thought process a townie would bring to the table regarding seeing what has unfolded here.

What makes you think they are informed?

Like seriously - people who say things you disagree with are not scum lol.

Can you outline why you think they are scum?
dont see much ai there and I dont feel much of a diff between town bringing that to the table to help and scum bringing it to the table to look helpful. I think I'd regard Kenny's posting as more motivated by looking good than Mistyx's tbh
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

worst, you need to *really* start ellaborating here because you are extremely vague and I am reading kenny's ISO and I don't see anything you're talking about while I am seeing it in misty's ISO.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

can there be 3 scum lol
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

"-in this game, there will be 7 town and 2-ish mafia."

2-ish

ok a traitor is on the table rofl

worstie gets a "plausible traitor" read for the ridiculous worldviews they keep presenting.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:15 am

Post by DkKoba »

hmm actually maybe i could be wrong on mistyx lol

i reread the iso and it looks better while im tipsy rn lolol

VOTE: the worst

im feeling spicy.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

if it really is worst + L+L i want to thank worst for essentially offering himself to be caught by intentionally trying to push on every one of my LHF townreads in the game
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:34 am

Post by the worst »

:] o k
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:45 am

Post by DkKoba »

actually i did a metadive and im more confident in this vote now

town worst: more verbose, explains things, memes less

scum worst: short 1 liners, instigates, shallow thoughts, lots of questions/simple statements

and this game's worst falls into the latter category.

granted the town game i read was a replace in, so if worst wants to show that their depth of thought soon, that'd be great.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

essentially when reading, I saw that scum worst is more likely to respond in a very dickhead manner to disagreements to beat down whoever is pushing him, as a way to discred, while town worst may be a little mean but its in a joking spirit.

didn't know that he was polarized like this :P but yeet.
retired
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 272, Logic and Literature wrote:
In post 269, DkKoba wrote:Like really, if you are town here, you need to disengage.
I have been trying to ignore and disengage from you

You keep harassing me.

-A
Aa yes...
In post 265, Logic and Literature wrote:Just yeet Koba

this is either scum shitpush or town hardthrowing

either way it is ++++town!EV to get rid of them

-A
Right now you're keeping the fire alight. Stop it.
In post 291, the worst wrote:I also think applying the rule of 3 to a MBoS game is somewhat silly but if we have a third n1 vig, one of the three is probably a mafia vigilante or at least informed scum (last I knew schadd really liked doing neat things with informdd roles)
I don't think any of them are maf vig tbh. 3 is so much neg town util and while I'd probably shoot L&L with 3 I'd also holster.

Also what lucidity I had has faded so going to struggle to interact.
TW has done this to me before, and I'll always scum read this kinda play.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by the worst »

No problems Flea, catch you when you can.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by the worst »

I'd do Koba but I'm not really sure if I feel it. Their pushes are pretty clearly driven by what they want to do rather than actual reads. But I think its kind of a personality thing? But I'd also policy it?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok so like

i havent really been straight up
i obviously bluffed a few reads and extrapolated where data shouldnt be readable

and the mistyx read was ego wanting to be right based on opening tone

so like now that i did reread and reeval the slots i should have from the start, objective read list:

Top townreads:
Kenny - They are examining the game from the perspective of someone, to me, quite plainly uninformed. The mech spec and assumption that the ascetic claim is a scumclaim, is one that feels like a natural solving thought a townie would have in reaction to a claim. It is a type of doubt that i would doubt a scum would express in that situation and as well, kenny's tone and energy has matched that of the towngame we played together.
RCEnigma - this one is largely gut, but also decent amount of meta. i think also partially the gamestate spews this slot as town. the thoughts from this slot have mirrored my own at points and I find that to be a good sign from my POV. I at the very least would never touch this slot on D1 but overall I feel the energy from this slot is +++town
Enchant - At this point, I think I have figured out how to read this player at a near 100% accuracy rate. Enchant has a tonal tell between his scum and town games, and anyone who knows how to read tone can simply read enchant's meta to see what I mean. I don't think he's crept into locktown territory yet, as is the case with the rest of these players, but I expect the trajectory of this slot's posting will launch him there.
____
i feel ok about these slots:
MistyX - While at first I was very suspicious of the slot due to the weak entrance, on reread I realize they have been subtly solving in their own way. I thought ignoring my argument was +scum but I guess I was just getting tunneled on wanting to be right very early on a solve. Still watching closely.
Flea - I largely feel somewhat of a mindmeld with this slot however im largely cautious as they had a similar feeling when they were scum against me in a game. I do not feel any gut urges to kill this slot right now however so I am willing to bin fae as town for today.
bugspray - a big stretch, I know. But their 2nd and 3rd posts tonally have the energy that I expect from a town!bugspray. I do want them to post more, however.

_____
the worst - this slot has heavily trended downwards since my initial gut townping on him. the worst continually makes takes that are, in my view, completely audacious and ridiculous. On top of this, I feel that the worst is trying to feel out where to push for mislims. I have prodded this slot to explain their reads in more depth and was met with resistance. A meta read shows that their posting in this game more closely resembles their scum meta - as it is fraught with short 1 liners and low depth thoughts.
L+L - Similar reasons as the worst, Ari primarily has been insistent on waving away all my olive branches and trying to refuge in audacity. I also have yet to be able to find either slot as towny - something I am able to do when they are, in fact town. I find that Ari is intentionally using bad faith arguments to paint me as scum trying to bury them on d1. They have made no real attempt to sort me, resorting to OMGUS. Also largely absent is any sort of solving from the Ari side, and what I have seen from the Datisi side has not really felt very genuine, as there has been really a lack of follow up or a clear progression I could read into. I really implore if this slot is town to please engage the game in a way that is more positive and proactive rather than reactive, because the game will be lost if this slot is actually town. I will try to do my best to see if I can see a solve with these players as town in the chance I am wrong and they are just an imploded slot, but I largely feel that may actually be just me being paranoid of being wrong.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 316, the worst wrote:I'd do Koba but I'm not really sure if I feel it. Their pushes are pretty clearly driven by what they want to do rather than actual reads. But I think its kind of a personality thing? But I'd also policy it?
also my reads list was not in response to this, but even if one wants to claim it is, that is quite a record time to write all that up in that case ;)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

my pushes this game have been exactly:

L+L
MistyX
and you, worst. Can you tell me which push was one that you are claiming did not follow actual reads?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

policying who is objectively the best scumhunter at the table is quite a take though, worst.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 320, DkKoba wrote:policying who is objectively the best scumhunter at the table is quite a take though, worst.
(this isnt to say other people are bad, I just really put a lot of effort and time and meticulous thought into games and read literally everything so naturally my reads tend to be more accurate than others. I am not as good as those that are able to find reads with less posts, etc. I simply have the ability to parse a lot of info and all, and I don't fault others for not being able to, as people are allowed to have a life)
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 311, the worst wrote::] o k
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the worst explain reads challenge and respond to counterpoints challenge [impossible][not clickbait]
retired

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”