micro 1049: taking it bit by bit (endgame)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 398, the worst wrote:I think there's an ocean of difference between struggling with charisma and trying to be directly unpleasant to people you scumread.
ok didnt ask u
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 399, DkKoba wrote:
In post 396, Logic and Literature wrote:I feel your play is similar to PYP;

You subbed in, started flood posting and demoralized the town so thoroughly that most of them gave up.

The scum faded into the background did not have to do much as you destroyed town morale and bullied Skitter, Datisi, Alyssa and Andante who were doing actually ok into the dust.

Here's postgame commentary in case you forgot how that felt:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88941

You originally expressed regret and posted this in mafia discussion about how hyperposting ruins the game:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88941

So knowing all of this, the fact that I have appealed to you multiple times to take a step back and let other people talk for once, because there's still
10 days
in the deadline instead of hogging all of the posts to yourself.

Your response is to ignore me and continue bombarding me with word drivel.

I don't know what to make of this.

Either you learned nothing from PYP and you're determined to continue hyperposting and thread dominating regardless of the consequences because you simply don't care and you love the sound of your own voice ?

Or you're just mafia and you don't want us to actually interact with each other.

I can see both being explanations and I have no qualms about voting you out as a policy if you refuse to step back and let others play.

-A
i will make you the same deal I made with LLD in SCP upick when she made the same complaint -> you can have

24 hours

BUT

you must have something substantial and actually post in that time.

mind you, LLD was just straight up refusing to post and I caught her being caught up with thread and essentially knew she was avoiding it. She did end up town (albeit with a 0/3 read and assumed that claiming vig = clearing lol) so yeah.

you can have the same deal. That doesnt mean if you out reads that = townread, that means I want to see you play and this is my show that I am actually giving you good faith attempt to do so.
I will not post after this post unless you choose to decline, which is pretty much a scumclaim to me and I will deathtunnel you no matter what after that.

I am keeping my vote here in the meantime:
VOTE: The Worst
in the meantime,
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i meant to say, requoting for new page.

ok actual last post, peace.

you have 1 hour to accept, ari.
retired
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by the worst »

are you... literally holding the game hostage... like with a blackmail note and terms and everything.... this is rad I'm so done. something about negotiating with agents of terror makes my stomach churn.
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Logic and Literature »

How about this.

You just prodge for 4 days and let everyone else play.

And then we can talk about reads and stuff?

Still would have ~6 days left until the deadline?
Datisi (he/it) and Aristeia (she/her) hydra!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 404, Logic and Literature wrote:How about this.

And then we can talk about reads and stuff?

Still would have ~6 days left until the deadline?
nope, 24 hours.
retired
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:37 pm

people are not going to post much in 24 hours.

i'm fairly sure even if you give it 4 days nobody will exceed your post count.

-A
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im gonna take that as you accept at least 24 hours and im not gonnna post starting now, i decline your 4 day option. unsubscribing for now, bye!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

(expired on 2022-04-02 22:40:09)
retired
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:45 pm

ok let's vote koba out b4 they come back

-A
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by bugspray »

deal
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Mistyx »

im good with my vote yeah
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:23 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 157, kennyk wrote:
In post 120, Enchant wrote:Wait did LT claim masonry or something like that with Datisi?
I am not sure if this question is meant to be real or just a mock question. I'll answer it anyway:
Look at the players list:
Logic and Literature (Datisi + Aristeia)
That was 1IQ from me.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by Enchant »

Idk Kuba doesh't prevent me from playing. I am not sure how even someone can prevent playing, as you can just ignore them.

Also i prepared to counter any jokes "But you not playing".
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:52 pm

ok, so. i skimmed the last few pages that happened while i was asleep. and every single post of koba that i saw has made me irrationally angry. so, in an effort to (1) promote a solving mindset and atmosphere and (2) not get banned for toxicity, i'm gonna go through everyone else's iso and give my thoughts and utterly ignore anything they've said. cool? cool.

bugspray
- a whooping total of 4 posts, uhhh.... i think this is a scumlean? i don't really care about the early vt claim or whatever, but if i had to rank bugs somewhere, i'd say they're a scumlean because (1) i think town!bugs is excited to try to crack setups open, so the fact that they reacted so weakly and disinterestedly to the claims in is concerning, (2) i think that town!them would be more willing to try to break up the fight, or at least yell at me/my slot for prolonging it, while scum!bugs wouldn't give two shits because realistically, why would they

enchant
- don't feel strongly one way or another, i don't think they've really left their scumrange or anything... i'd put them as the smollest of leantowns due to not realizing that i am a part of a hydra, and i *assume* there would've been talk about us in the scum pt, but this isn't something that's guaranteed or terribly difficult to fake so wtv

flea the magician
- eh. kind of concerning that flea has spent most of faer time here discussing thing that are evidently not related to alignments of players at all. i don't count the hurt tags or the "vibe check are failing" because if you scumread me, vote me. hurt tags take more time to type than vote tags, so i'm assuming that's not a scumread. would kill this slot too, i guess.

kennyk
- still absolutely hate the poor attempts at shading us for the ascetic claim, but if i'm trying to be rational, i *can* see it coming from town because i know how it looks like when townies *think* they know mech but they really don't. i strongly disagree that kenny's conclusion was arrived at in a clearly townie manner or whatever but ok. strikes me as not an awful post. the jury is still out, though.

mistyx
- i'm curious why you find enchant's vibes to be the best as of ? otherwise, this slot feels... empty. there's no glaring red flags that make me scumread her but i also don't think anything she's done so far would be particularly hard to fake. uh, the vote on bugs and the silence that continued is a bit worrying, i guess? yeah, i don't have much.

rcenigma
- i'm confused why you backed off from kenny as quick as you did. otherwise, i'd say i'm slightly leaning towards town here? the kind-of-mech-but-not-really speculation on why koba is town feels sincere, and also unnecessary for rcenigma to make as scum (regardless if koba is his partner or not). there is one thing that's worrying me about this slot, but for now i think it would be better for me to wait and see how the day continues before i attempt to push at it.

the worst
- it did strike me as a bit weird that duckie thought i was still dead null in . objectively, do i think i have done anything ai up to that point? no, not really. but the impression i have of duck is that he can read my mind better than i can and that he would've been able to astrally divine some sort of alignment-information out of my posts there if town. idk if that makes sense but it makes sense in my head. curious why you voted bugspray in ? (i know this seems like a trivial question, but bear with me.) and in the world where both me and koba are town, worries me *a lot*, for the very simple reason that it seems like duck has spent a lot of time saying how he doesn't think koba is necessarily being scummy, to then turn around and go "they're not sincere!!!" in a way that implies they are scummy for not being sincere. like, either their insincerity is nai because it's just a thing they do, or it's scummy. can't have it both ways. i haven't really seen much town!indicative from duck (and this might be because i don't know what it is that duck could do that would be outside their scumrange) but etc etc hopefully i figure it out at some point.

taking questions from anyone not named koba.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:24 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 366, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 358, the worst wrote:
In post 353, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 291, the worst wrote:I also think applying the rule of 3 to a MBoS game is somewhat silly but if we have a third n1 vig, one of the three is probably a mafia vigilante or at least informed scum (last I knew schadd really liked doing neat things with informdd roles)
Can you flesh this out a bit?
rule of 3 is like, design theory, that if 3 of ~a thing~ is present in a game, one of the things is scum.
i don't really think it's necessarily true and i think schadd knows enough to design around it! but i'm also just putting it out there that instantly treating vig claims as town may not be prudent.

if there are 2 n1 vigs, i wouldn't be surprised if scum are informed of that. schadd_ does informed roles more creatively than like, honestly any setup designer i can think of? and i think scum being informed of there being multiple n1 vigs opens potential for dayplay e.g. claiming a n1 vig who will be holstering as a matter of policy.

i'm aware i'm explicitly referencing koba's play here and i literally don't care about their broader meta opinion of vigs. just putting it out there.
Yeah no I get what you were saying but I don't understand what you're meaning.

What does claiming vig gain that not claiming it doesn't if scum are already informed? Why can't there be 3 n1 vigs and scum still be informed? Why can't scum have n1 bp?

Basically I don't see the speculation as anything other than subtle discrediting koba so I want to see what you are actually getting at if that isn't the case.
I admit that I didn't take into account the fact that cum could be informed.

I agree with RCE that there could be 3 n1 (town) vigs and informed scum or that scum has n1 bp, although I am far from a game mech expert. It would all fall well into the opening statements by our game mod.

But I don't agree with his first assumption. If scum really is informed and they know, there is one or more n1 vigs out there claiming n1 vig could get the claiming player some town cred. Just like Koba got cred for their claim. So with the possibility of an informed mafia Koba gets a little bit lower on my list than they were before.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:25 am

Post by kennyk »

In post 409, Logic and Literature wrote:ok let's vote koba out b4 they come back

-A
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:29 am

Post by kennyk »

One thing I don't understand are the two votes on bugspray. Out of the blue mistyx voted bugs with no explanation and she disappeared. A short time later The Worst voted bugs, too, without any word of why.

I agree that bugs didn't post a lot and I have a very hard time reading that slot, too. But this voting pattern seems a bit odd.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:32 am

Post by the worst »

In post 414, Logic and Literature wrote:their insincerity is nai because it's just a thing they do
ya

if I thought koba was like overtly manipulative scum I'd vote them I just think they're like, kinda, personal-code-style neutral lawful
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:34 am

Post by the worst »

I'm happy to play w mistyx again so I'm hamfistedly pocketing her
I think she's kinda towny and I she's voting a slot I don't townread so it works for me :)
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:46 am

i'm kind of annoyed that is all you've had to say about my para on you, especially as i've had a direct question for you there, but whatever

why do you think mistyx is kinda townie?

-D
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:48 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 415, kennyk wrote: I admit that I didn't take into account the fact that cum could be informed.
Locktown.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:03 am

Post by the worst »

sorry I thought it was kinda evident that I'd skipped all of your posts with koba at that point. I think you're the only active players who are making sense so I want you to be town a lot. I just don't think you or pooky have restrictive scum ranges and this convo has been so stupid I think either of you would be able to navigate it well as either alignment. I'm calling you town and prayin though.

Ironically my vibe on Mistyx is the opposite of Koba? I don't think they've done anything motivated by looking good and they just read pureish
Logic and Literature
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Logic and Literature
they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:28 am

okay

anything behind the bugs vote that's more than "they not play"?

-D
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:04 am

Post by the worst »

Just that someone I superficially like voted them first and im excited to see where this magical adventure leads us

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”