Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't know why I have found this interaction as frustrating as I have, but I have. Gonna stop responding the Gin for a bit
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2072, Andante wrote:
In post 2070, Datisi wrote:have you also compared the amount of free time i had during the christmas break and during exam season or are you just looking for a way to omgus me? :)
that depends. are you even actually trying to read me? or am I just easy to push cause I've been busy with school?
yes, i called you out early game for nonsense reads and you ignored me

then you vanished once your own pair was formed

then you started bs'ing how your partner is mafia and how you want to leave them (when it was said that you cannot leave them) and you still tried to do it

and now that you CAN leave, you magically strong townread them?

and also the cephrir case that you kept saying you were gonna make but never did does seem like you wanted bell to kill a player that's a bit more difficult to kill than enchant is

but sure, i'm pushing you because it's easy, you got it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2062, Datisi wrote:VOTE: andante

going from "my partner is scum!! i will attempt to leave!!" during the time THEY WERE TOLD they cannot leave, into "i really tr my partner now!!!" is lmao
I literally have a PT with WALL POSTS from Ginngie... and you're like "the transition of Andante's read on partner makes 0 sense" like excuse me.. not sure how many time I have to say, Ginngie in this PT NOW is extremely towny, and obviously I'd be upset if I lost prism, prism got replaced with someone idk... and new person is saying my playstyle is scummy... like, I don't see how it's even a big deal... so if you want to 1v1 me, go for it, but I don't think myko is town, I think the motivations for leaving enchant were scummy, and Luke is another top candidate for scum, so like, if you're town, I'd rather not do this, but if you want to go, I have no problem just tunneling you here.
The ball is in your court, let me know what kind of game we're playing
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2073, Ginngie wrote:Datisi scumclaimed because they said they would rather focus on exams than play mafia
LMAOOOO I mean, I dedicate 2 whole days to an essay off a 4 hour movie XD got a 90% so wooooo
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 2077, Andante wrote:if you're town, I'd rather not do this, but if you want to go, I have no problem just tunneling you here.
lmao what kinda threat is this? "i think you're town, but if you don't stop scumreading me i will tunnel you"
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 2075, Lukewarm wrote:I don't know why I have found this interaction as frustrating as I have, but I have. Gonna stop responding the Gin for a bit
It's hard being called out I get it. Like I said scum can't have a conversation live. This is perfect example of it.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2076, Datisi wrote:
In post 2072, Andante wrote:
In post 2070, Datisi wrote:have you also compared the amount of free time i had during the christmas break and during exam season or are you just looking for a way to omgus me? :)
that depends. are you even actually trying to read me? or am I just easy to push cause I've been busy with school?
yes, i called you out early game for nonsense reads and you ignored me

then you vanished once your own pair was formed

then you started bs'ing how your partner is mafia and how you want to leave them (when it was said that you cannot leave them) and you still tried to do it

and now that you CAN leave, you magically strong townread them?

and also the cephrir case that you kept saying you were gonna make but never did does seem like you wanted bell to kill a player that's a bit more difficult to kill than enchant is

but sure, i'm pushing you because it's easy, you got it
nothing I've said was nonsense...

so you're allowed to vanish cause school, but I'm not???

It wasn't BS about my partner, if you saw the PT I have, you'd probably undrstand, like, number one way for me to SR you is to out bad reads on me, and well... telling me how I always play is bad.. yeah, but it's gotten game related, and I'm dead serious, Ginngie has givven GIANT posts that make me never able to SR them

uhhh it was late, I was mad. probably would have left on impulse too, and now that I'm thinking clearly, we're good, I will never leave Ginngie, they can leave me, but the ammount of effort they're putting in? I can't do that to them

Uh Ceph stuff I said to Ginngie, I needed time to like put posts together and "make it look nice" for yall cause I get shit anytime I say anything reads related...
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:44 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2064, Andante wrote:
In post 2002, mykonian wrote:
In post 2001, Malakittens wrote:why do you think enchant is town

hard ask
Both in the neighbourhood and the threat he's been relatively straightforward, I'd say. Survivalistic and adding little, but not scummy. I think the posts that are there are decently transparent.

Alternatively, if he's scum, we do have to make some assumptions of somehow quite premediated play? Which doesn't sound like enchant at all here.

Fuck it, even Bell doesn't believe in this, and he set it up.
So you were convinced Enchant was town, yet left enchant anyways for bell? See, to me.. this feels like you're scum. Enchant joined me in joking about leaving, and you know that town enchant probaby would leave for lols, so you jumped on the chance to get a new partner... you needed enchant to survive the first phase, then first chance you get, you're all "ok must leave you before you leave me!!!" especially after you were all "enchant is town!!" like, it makes 0 sense to me, to leave someone you're calling town, for someone you're not voicing a read on... unless there's scum motivations behind it.
Nope.

For one, idk enchant that well, but I doubt they'd have left this game. Up till last post in the pt that wasn't really on the cards. Which was to keep my bell read up in the air, please. As if I wasn't doing that. So enchant saw which way the game was going and was trying to survive, not being sneaky about it either.

If I am scum I am going to claim a null read on enchant and hop in with Bell. I think me picking Bell is a pretty firm read, as said, I think I got forced into picking between towns and I doubt Bell was that convinced enchant was scum.

So I was quite happy to attempt to take away the easy miselim (help me with the correct terminology here, please), let Bell make a real choice, and settle for a more threatened game after. I did pick a lurker as my dance partner, I knew what I was in for.

Bell did make a choice, one I didn't hope for, but probably they saw through me. I had read up on their meta already, and they are fairly transparent as scum, although some of those tells I imagine Bell must be aware of it.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Andante »

In post 2079, Datisi wrote:
In post 2077, Andante wrote:if you're town, I'd rather not do this, but if you want to go, I have no problem just tunneling you here.
lmao what kinda threat is this? "i think you're town, but if you don't stop scumreading me i will tunnel you"
I don't think you're town, I'm just sying if you are you're genuinely wasting your time... Ginngie and I are both town, and I feel like town you would actually want to work with us
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 2081, Andante wrote:I will never leave Ginngie, they can leave me, but the ammount of effort they're putting in? I can't do that to them
awwwwww, this made my day

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Datisi »

give me something to work with and i will think about it.
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Datisi »

also like, no i don't really care about what was said or wasn't said in hoods because those things are a breeding ground for crappy pockets, so.
~M
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:49 am

Post by mykonian »

sorry, I think the last post was a bit rambling. I'm not feeling 100%. I hope you got what I meant, Andante.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:52 am

Post by Ginngie »

Ya know we both agree so I might as well share it, Andante and I think Datisi is chainsawing Andante in order to protect Luke and focus the attention on Andante, over Luke who isn't generating any real reads or justifications.

Saying your reads haven't changed from the beginning is scummy as hell. Things change and so should reads. Or at least, you should be able to continue to support your reads with the new content that is generated.

It's the constantly trying to look as if you're figuring the game out that is hard to fake, which I believe Luke is struggling to do.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:56 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2088, Ginngie wrote:Ya know we both agree so I might as well share it, Andante and I think Datisi is chainsawing Andante in order to protect Luke and focus the attention on Andante, over Luke who isn't generating any real reads or justifications.

Saying your reads haven't changed from the beginning is scummy as hell. Things change and so should reads. Or at least, you should be able to continue to support your reads with the new content that is generated.

It's the constantly trying to look as if you're figuring the game out that is hard to fake, which I believe Luke is struggling to do.
that post is going to give Datisi so much ammo to claim you've pocketed Andante.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:00 am

Post by Ginngie »

you lost me, can you explain?

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:06 am

Post by mykonian »

You are using the PT to exchange thoughts about the game to then present your statement as a shared one. We don't see most of that discussion, so that's convenient. Andante is very impressed too! If I was scum-you, I'd love to get away with that kind of play in a PT.

And datisi already showed he's worried about a situation like that.

I think I'll return to that later to post my own opinion on your situation in particular, I hope you don't mind.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Ginngie »

I gotta go to work anyway i can wait :p

Also like; idk I dont really think it holds weight. Sure if I had the unique ability to pick who my partner(okay well Prism did, but I didn't) was and only we had a PT sure, you could make cases about pocketing. But being real, everyone playing right now has a PT, everyone can choose to talk or not in those PTs. Like it's not really that damning if two players decide to work together lmao

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2018, mykonian wrote:Sweet, voting.

vote Fireisred

And I want to hijack the discussion as well: I would like everybody to post the amount of posts by either player in their neighbourhood discusses reads on the game. I think it's only somewhat likely that scum paired up together, so I think the results should be mostly trustworthy.
im not really sure what to count and what not to count. if i include our attempts to read and understand each other as well as talking about other players, like, 18ish each? fire has been more proactive and made a couple more thought out posts which i enjoyed
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2032, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1998, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1978, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1970, Ginngie wrote:Luke whos town
Bell, Dunn, Fire, Datisi are my confident town reads
I would love to know where you have come up with a Datisi townread from. Slot feels empty to me
Very specifically the way that our interaction played out when I was convinced that Datisi and Dunn were paired together. After I got away from the heat of the moment of it, the more I think that that has to be a town datisi reacting to it.

The response, the tone, the energy was a perfect match to the way that datisi reacted to me doing a somewhat similar thing in a prior game. I would be very surprised if Datisi was faking it.
ok i can't do much with that but thanks for answering anyway
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:38 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Most of my scum read on the Gin slot came from prism. I walked out of day 1 with Prism and Dunn as my strongest scum reads. This included the way that she paired with Andante, but was based largely on the ways that Prism has approached me in this game compared to the ways that she approached me in our other town game and how she approached me in her two scum games against me. From tone, to the way she reacted to suspicion from me. (feel free to sift back through that portion of the game)

And yeah, nothing Ginngie has done has swayed me. I feel like they have had a concerted effort to get andante to town read them, from having a super early and weak town read on her , to doubling down on the town read on Andante when Andante voiced a scum read on her (), to volunteering to die to to save Andante from needing to leave (), to encouraging "Andante to try their hardest to eliminate" them ([/post]).

I find it hard to buy that, based on how little of the game that she was saying that she had read so far (or even the whole game tbh) had such a strong town read on Andante to the point of ready to roll over and die for her. For reference, AFTER she made all of those posts, she declared that she had read up to page 10... () - and then she completely shut me down when I tried to even talk to her about andante

------

Andante has had several takes that I found hard to see coming from someone actively trying to sort the game. From her case on Mala ([/post] and ) to her case on Bell (, and ).

Her entire exchange with Dunn when asked to explain her scum read on fire (starting at ), and her lack of ever explaining her read on Cephrir despite being asked a lot.

And then finally, the way she approached possibly leaving while scum reading Gin slot
Spoiler: relevent quotes
In post 1816, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1614, Andante wrote:can I leave the dance in this phase or do we have to wait for Bell to do his thing? I'm even more convinced prism was maf
In post 1616, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1614, Andante wrote:can I leave the dance in this phase
Yeah, you can
In post 1617, Andante wrote:I think I'll wait till morning to actually leave though... lol I'm too tired for this... saw a lot of words in that PT... and we called me scummy.. but scummy town, and like nahhhh we're not discussing my playstyle in that PT... hahahhaha ok I'm sleeping before I actually mess this up. I do NOT tr prism slot.
In post 1619, Dunnstral wrote:OK. Also, you can't actually leave until the next phase, I just wanted to see whether you were blustering or would actually go through with it and attempt to leave.

Which this exchange left me wondering if Andante would follow through with it. The immediate back down when Dunn said that she could leave right now (despite that not actually being true

-----

The frustrating thing is that I don't think that they are ever scum together, so one of them is just town who is playing this way. I want to say that it is Gin scum / Andante town mainly because I can see the pocketing make most sense in that direction
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2094, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2032, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1998, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1978, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1970, Ginngie wrote:Luke whos town
Bell, Dunn, Fire, Datisi are my confident town reads
I would love to know where you have come up with a Datisi townread from. Slot feels empty to me
Very specifically the way that our interaction played out when I was convinced that Datisi and Dunn were paired together. After I got away from the heat of the moment of it, the more I think that that has to be a town datisi reacting to it.

The response, the tone, the energy was a perfect match to the way that datisi reacted to me doing a somewhat similar thing in a prior game. I would be very surprised if Datisi was faking it.
ok i can't do much with that but thanks for answering anyway
I grabbed both exchanges in a later post if you want to look at them yourself
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2062, Datisi wrote:VOTE: andante

going from "my partner is scum!! i will attempt to leave!!" during the time THEY WERE TOLD they cannot leave, into "i really tr my partner now!!!" is lmao
yeah i dont like it like i said earlier andante might be leaning too hard on her personality there i think the whole thing might have been a performance

still want an answer from either of them to my question about when the towncase on me was posted in their pt and let's also add why it isn't in the thread
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2064, Andante wrote:
In post 2002, mykonian wrote:
In post 2001, Malakittens wrote:why do you think enchant is town

hard ask
Both in the neighbourhood and the threat he's been relatively straightforward, I'd say. Survivalistic and adding little, but not scummy. I think the posts that are there are decently transparent.

Alternatively, if he's scum, we do have to make some assumptions of somehow quite premediated play? Which doesn't sound like enchant at all here.

Fuck it, even Bell doesn't believe in this, and he set it up.
So you were convinced Enchant was town, yet left enchant anyways for bell? See, to me.. this feels like you're scum. Enchant joined me in joking about leaving, and you know that town enchant probaby would leave for lols, so you jumped on the chance to get a new partner... you needed enchant to survive the first phase, then first chance you get, you're all "ok must leave you before you leave me!!!" especially after you were all "enchant is town!!" like, it makes 0 sense to me, to leave someone you're calling town, for someone you're not voicing a read on... unless there's scum motivations behind it.
i think there is also town motivation to stop being with a partner who is going to kill you whether by impulsive leave or by votes and it may not originally have been apparent to mykonian that he was signing up for that
Bartleby the Scrivener
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:44 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 2093, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2018, mykonian wrote:Sweet, voting.

vote Fireisred

And I want to hijack the discussion as well: I would like everybody to post the amount of posts by either player in their neighbourhood discusses reads on the game. I think it's only somewhat likely that scum paired up together, so I think the results should be mostly trustworthy.
im not really sure what to count and what not to count. if i include our attempts to read and understand each other as well as talking about other players, like, 18ish each? fire has been more proactive and made a couple more thought out posts which i enjoyed
Yeah, that's fine. I counted the one post towards the end where enchant told me to not talk about a Bell read. About each other seems fine.

18 in total?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”