Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Well Done »

In post 439, Enchant wrote:
VLA before 30 April

Health problems
@Mod, Enchant is vla
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:39 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 849, Well Done wrote:You can vote opportunistically with zero people voting for you, so that seems kinda irrelevant
That was the implication though. I'm not worried about how my vote looks, i'm worried about voting for scum.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:42 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Re your Butter - yeah I think Melanque's vote on me was a bit weird since it came out of nowhere but their general questioning has been perfectly reasonable.

Norwegian's approach definitely struck me as a bit more off - initially pulling back from the supposed seriousness of their push while then reversing on that again, because if they played it off as solely memey, they'd essentially be arguing that their most conviction-based push off the game so far wasn't actually a proper read, after I'd already called them out for posting a lot of filler.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Menalque »

okay, that's good enough for me I think

VOTE: bnuuy

here now

norwee, follow me to glory
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:43 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 851, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 849, Well Done wrote:You can vote opportunistically with zero people voting for you, so that seems kinda irrelevant
That was the implication though. I'm not worried about how my vote looks, i'm worried about voting for scum.
You hadn't particularly been reading me as scum before that though. The opportunism could be coming less from fear you'll be eliminated and more from opportunistic scum perhaps seeing an opportunity to eliminate someone they believe belongs to another faction.

In fact that's probably an important detail to consider when we're pushing here - if you have multiple factions then it's perfectly possible for scum to mask themselves as town with genuine and believable pushes on other players they believe to be scum.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Menalque »

@catboi, what you said made sense but then I hated and that made me feel better about killing him again. think his response to questioning on it has been ~reasonable~
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 850, Well Done wrote:
In post 439, Enchant wrote:
VLA before 30 April

Health problems
@Mod, Enchant is vla
Oh. Thanks.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 am

Post by Menalque »

town:
butterchurn
StD
wallflower
well done
catboi
malc

leantown:
norwee
klick

nulltown:
The Keeper
Tracer Bullet

pile of null:
Nashville Dreams, Sword of Ducks, cassowary, tictac, mastina, papa leaf, MonkeyMan576, Enchant

nullscum:
CSF

scum?
toog
meg
bnuuy
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:53 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 854, MalcolmTucker wrote:
You hadn't particularly been reading me as scum before that though. The opportunism could be coming less from fear you'll be eliminated and more from opportunistic scum perhaps seeing an opportunity to eliminate someone they believe belongs to another faction.

In fact that's probably an important detail to consider when we're pushing here - if you have multiple factions then it's perfectly possible for scum to mask themselves as town with genuine and believable pushes on other players they believe to be scum.
It's possible, but I don't think you can use the multiball setup to save yourself here. I trust Norway more than you at this point. I was suspecting you anyways after you went from voting me to agreeing with me in a blink of an eye. So you can try to deflect the pressure against you by coming up with baseless arguments against me but I don't think it will work and you seem even scummier than before in my book.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 852, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re your Butter - yeah I think Melanque's vote on me was a bit weird since it came out of nowhere but their general questioning has been perfectly reasonable.

Norwegian's approach definitely struck me as a bit more off - initially pulling back from the supposed seriousness of their push while then reversing on that again, because if they played it off as solely memey, they'd essentially be arguing that their most conviction-based push off the game so far wasn't actually a proper read, after I'd already called them out for posting a lot of filler.
Lol what.
I’ve never reversed on anything.
All along i’ve basically said the same thing. I’m suspecting you for an semi-serious reason, but used light-hearted lobbying to get votes on you so this game won’t stagnate and we get an proper alternative to Monkey wagon.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:59 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 858, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 854, MalcolmTucker wrote:

It's possible, but I don't think you can use the multiball setup to save yourself here. I trust Norway more than you at this point.
I was suspecting you anyways after you went from voting me to agreeing with me in a blink of an eye.
So you can try to deflect the pressure against you by coming up with baseless arguments against me but I don't think it will work and you seem even scummier than before in my book.
This isn't an accurate representation of what I've thought of you at all. My general view is you've looked quite scummy so far but I'm not sure your play has been particularly conductive to someone who'd be scum, so it's making me wary of whether you might actually just be town. I feel like my progression on this has been pretty clear so far. I can't remember agreeing with you all that much previously but you can feel free to correct me. And if we did agree then it may have been on a single point...but that's different to agreeing with you 'in the blink of an eye' which implies I suddenly TR you and trust you on everything.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I’ve been transparent the whole way but you’re still explaining away my play as "off" and such to shade me and it does not make me feel better about you when you constantly try to portray someone that votes you in as bad of an light as possible. That makes me think you don’t actually want to sort me but just try to accuse me and see what sticks.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 859, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 852, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re your Butter - yeah I think Melanque's vote on me was a bit weird since it came out of nowhere but their general questioning has been perfectly reasonable.

Lol what.
All along i’ve basically said the same thing. I’m suspecting you for an semi-serious reason, but used light-hearted lobbying to get votes on you so this game won’t stagnate and we get an proper alternative to Monkey wagon.
I said I felt your vote was a bit desperate and not based on anything strong. You said that didn't matter because it was memey. Then you said the read actually is quite a strong, conviction-based one anyway...which completely undermines the nature of a light-hearted push. A push fundamentally is just not that light-hearted if you think someone is mafia, you're clearly playing with some intent there but your approach has been contradictory at times.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:02 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 861, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’ve been transparent the whole way but you’re still explaining away my play as "off" and such to shade me and it does not make me feel better about you when you constantly try to portray someone that votes you in as bad of an light as possible. That makes me think you don’t actually want to sort me but just try to accuse me and see what sticks.
That isn't how I've played though. STD has voted for me but I think they are town. Melanque voted for me but I've said openly I think their questioning of me was perfectly reasonable in how they went about it. Monkey has voted me but I've said I'm unsure on how I read them because while I think they're scummy to a degree I don't think they're playing in a way that isn't particularly mafia-like.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 857, Menalque wrote:scum?
toog
meg
bnuuy
Been in the game less than 12 hours after the previous slot didn't even pick up their Role PM, and already seen myself on two scum lists, lol.

Side note, just realized Dunn was in this game in some capacity.

VOTE: Well Done as a formality.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 862, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Lol what.
I said I felt your vote was a bit desperate and not based on anything strong. You said that didn't matter because it was memey. Then you said the read actually is quite a strong, conviction-based one anyway...which completely undermines the nature of a light-hearted push. A push fundamentally is just not that light-hearted if you think someone is mafia, you're clearly playing with some intent there but your approach has been contradictory at times.
You’re completely making up an narrative and that’s making it hard for me to take your arguments seriously.

- Bunno
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Menalque »

I don't wanna be angle-shooty and I'm not sure if this would qualify or not but how do you know momo didn't pick up the PM?

bc you're in there for me bc whoever said (I think mastina) that momo is fairly notorious for Noping the fuck out of a scum role PM was spittin' straight truth
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:08 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 857, Menalque wrote:nullscum:
CSF
I had forgotten about your earlier vote on Cat Scratch Fever. Do you have any thoughts on her more recent posts?
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 641, Cephrir wrote:momo will be replaced if they fail to pick up their role PM by tomorrow morning.
In post 741, Cephrir wrote:Replacing momo.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 865, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 862, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Lol what.
You’re completely making up an narrative and that’s making it hard for me to take your arguments seriously.
Why don't you actually respond to the points I've made in my post instead of deflecting? Your reason for trying to start a wagon on me was clearly contradictory and you expected me to pick up that you were "memeing" by starting a wagon on me even though you also suspect me anyway.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 863, MalcolmTucker wrote:Melanque
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Oops...I shall not do that again. And if I do you may call me Malcom as much as you like.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Point out where my reasons was contradictory.

Please
Point
Out
The
Contradictory posts

- Bunno
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:11 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 861, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’ve been transparent the whole way but you’re still explaining away my play as "off" and such to shade me and it does not make me feel better about you when you constantly try to portray someone that votes you in as bad of an light as possible. That makes me think you don’t actually want to sort me but just try to accuse me and see what sticks.
I also accused you of being contradictory with your characterization of your push as both memey and serious, and at different times expecting Malcolm to read it as both ways and criticizing him for not doing so. Does that affect your read on me, or does that only matter when it's someone you already suspect?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 867, butterchurn wrote:
In post 857, Menalque wrote:nullscum:
CSF
I had forgotten about your earlier vote on Cat Scratch Fever. Do you have any thoughts on her more recent posts?
she's just rubbing me the wrong way, kinda -- like I think I should find her townier than I do from what she's posted so far, but she hasn't been setting the alarm off completely
In post 868, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 641, Cephrir wrote:momo will be replaced if they fail to pick up their role PM by tomorrow morning.
In post 741, Cephrir wrote:Replacing momo.
oh, I completely missed this, back into the pile of null you go, friendo

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”