Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4398, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 4394, Flavor Leaf wrote:Yeah, i think I was tunneled into the Tictac/Catboi possibilities, but im looking over it, and i'm not entirely sure it's happening, especially not over someone like a Cat Scratch.
I don't think Cat Scratch is a wagon. We were the last voter I think.

(The mod has our vote wrong in the last VC though which is troubling.)

~Titus

was more meaning Cat Scratch in the sense they were one of the slots who have been voting Catboi, but super wishy washy.

I had theorized a Cat scum team with them, but it could be separate teams, and I think that TicTac did look rough by way of VCA, but it might be a red herring. When I went back and looked at it, it did kind of feel anti teamy.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 4397, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4378, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 4376, Nero Cain wrote:that REALLY makes it sound like a catboi/ND team
I thought so too for a bit. But Catboi ended up pushing Nashville there without really putting pressure on TicTac.

And Norwegian-Catboi were pushing each other lightly, but then they ended up sheeping each other.

And Ydrasse replaces into this game and throws a town read on Catboi.

Ydrasse-Catboi-Mastina has been on my mind, and maybe it's not TicTac, but I did see some merit it TicTac scum with their jump off of Catboi., but it could just be townie tictac not doing anything.
YD is basically a 3rd party this game. I mean maybe you could make the argument that YD fakeclaimed malefactor as mafia to get out of the days elimination but im going to go with YD was true claiming and that the rest of the mafia is is some combination the ppl outside of me and YD.

If Butterchurn and catboi keep pushing ND as scum it makes it look like a scum trio.
Perhaps you should try to read and understand the context of the game before making statements like this. Ydrasse was never in danger of elimination and was clearly joking.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 4399, Flavor Leaf wrote:If Butterchurn is scum, they are 100% scum with Catboi, and thus we should go Catboi first.
I halfway agree. I'd flip either, but Catboi's flip provides more VCA data on the day. However, a butterchurn flip nets us two scum. I think FL is right in priority though.

~Titus
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2462, butterchurn wrote:Okay, a lot to catch up on, I don't think it would be terribly useful for me to do like a quote response wall like I was planning to do, so I'll try to summarize thoughts and can expand on thins if anyone is interested:

- I was already townreading Norwegian before this, but I think his attempt to get catboi to join on Nashville around post and beyond is actually extremely towny. Norwegianboy was just listed by catboi as a top scumread. Trying to convince catboi to vote a specific person among catboi's scumreads is immediately going to draw suspicion, unlikely to be successful, and in fact is most likely to cause the opposite of the intended effect -- make catboi more hesitant to vote where he is being told to. I don't think that Norwegianboy, as scum, is likely to make this attempt. As town he isn't really going to care about how it is interpreted or consider that catboi will find this suspicious, so he has no reason not to. He just wants to try to convince people to join him on the wagon of someone that he thinks is scum.

- I actually mostly agree with Flavor Leaf's assessment of catboi's large case, . I read it a few times and it is very well-reasoned and well-explained. I think the most salient points are about how Flavor Leaf is focusing on pre-flip associations, planting seeds, and gauging where to go based on where there is momentum. However, my impression so far is that this is simply how Flavor Leaf likes to play. He is controlling, charismatic, and has a strong focus on analyzing how the gamestate shifts and moves as a whole, and will take action to alter the gamestate. Now, I haven't played with Flavor Leaf before (although I did read his scum guide), so again this is just my impression, but I would be willing to bet that a key difference between Flavor as scum and Flavor as town is that as scum, he takes action to alter to gamestate to shift it to his team's favor. As town, he takes action to alter the gamestate to feel it out and see how everything responds, because reading that movement is how he likes to solve the game. To me, so far, his actions in this game feel like the latter. catboi's explanation of his play is accurate, and it's true that he is relying a lot on preflips, but I'm not very confident that doing so is something that is more likely for Flavor Leaf to do. I can accept the argument that preflips are generally dangerous and potentially bad play, but town does it all the time. They see associations, and latch onto them in an attempt to make sense of a game where they are uninformed. Scum will do it too, but usually to gain an advantage. Maybe I'm being tricked by the charisma, but when I read his posts I believe Flavor Leaf does genuinely see these associations and that's why he's calling them out. Now the question is if I agree with Flavor Leaf that catboi's analysis is something that comes from him as scum. On that, I'm not sure. I feel like I can see the town in his responses to the pushes on him, it feels like he is genuinely concerned that people are scum taking advantage of things. I am concerned that his push on Flavor Leaf seems to be for things that to me look mostly like just Flavor Leaf things, though. Not willing to feel strongly about a read here yet.

- In response to catboi's tictac vote, since he asked for opinions from people he townreads: personally I struggle to discern alignment from low volume posters. Maybe that means I should be giving them more attention than I am, but tictac seems fine to me so far. was not great, but I think their earlier follow-up to catboi not answering their question was towny. I definitely think that Nashville Dreams is a more promising place for toDay, and since it's a large game we have enough time that there's very little chance that we will just lose to lurking scum.

this is a post that I can see Butterchurn making to try not to be right next to Catboi, and trying to offer the compromise. They're town pushing me here, but not willing to feel strongly about a read here yet, but this is kinda the same thing they were doing all game.

I standby that if Butterchurn is ever scum in this game, it is specifically with Catboi.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4404 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 4402, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 4399, Flavor Leaf wrote:If Butterchurn is scum, they are 100% scum with Catboi, and thus we should go Catboi first.
I halfway agree. I'd flip either, but Catboi's flip provides more VCA data on the day. However, a butterchurn flip nets us two scum. I think FL is right in priority though.

~Titus

I just worry that there's the chance Butterchurn is town, and Catboi is scum, and then people go away from Catboi because Butter flips town.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4405 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Butterchurn's VCA is horrible if Catboi is scum.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4406 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I doubt I am reading the past 25 pages anything soon. Jesus
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4407 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

In post 4404, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 4402, Nashville Dreams wrote:

~Titus

I just worry that there's the chance Butterchurn is town, and Catboi is scum, and then people go away from Catboi because Butter flips town.
Possible butterchurn is a beard for catboi. However, I would have expected a catboi defense when I called them out on their vote history. Instead, I got a fight over the word counterwagon.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4408 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Well Done »

In post 4406, Lukewarm wrote:I doubt I am reading the past 25 pages anything soon. Jesus
Hydra of Dunnstral and Lukewarm
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4409 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also really want to force Butterchurn to commit with a Catboi stance and just haven't been able to get pressure going past a stalled 5-6 vote wagon on Catboi all game.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4410 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:55 pm

In post 4406, Lukewarm wrote:I doubt I am reading the past 25 pages anything soon. Jesus
Fair. I skipped a lot from when I was busy.

~Titus
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4411 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Well Done »

>.<
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4412 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4401, butterchurn wrote:Perhaps you should try to read and understand the context of the game before making statements like this. Ydrasse was never in danger of elimination and was clearly joking.
yuck

I don't need to read the full game to understand certain things that have happened. YD has since made it clear that it wasn't a joke.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4413 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Well Done »

In post 4412, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4401, butterchurn wrote:Perhaps you should try to read and understand the context of the game before making statements like this. Ydrasse was never in danger of elimination and was clearly joking.
yuck

I don't need to read the full game to understand certain things that have happened. YD has since made it clear that it wasn't a joke.
Malefactor can be endgamed without eliminating them and does not inherently have a night kill
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #4414 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 4412, Nero Cain wrote:
yuck

In post 4283, Ydrasse wrote:UGHHHH

sod. sit with me my child. listen to my words:

i have a hard time taking this game seriously and derive a lot of joy from being goofy even to my own detriment readwise

and that means i will lean more and more into fakeclaiming scum if it makes me smile

but you have my word i am not a malefactor. i make no promises otherwise
ydra implies here it's a joke
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4415 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Well Done »

I know the ND wagon has dissipated. So just gonna look at then to see if Titus answered my question
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4416 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:58 pm

In post 4409, Flavor Leaf wrote:I also really want to force Butterchurn to commit with a Catboi stance and just haven't been able to get pressure going past a stalled 5-6 vote wagon on Catboi all game.
I wish it was Catboi/tictac wagons right now.

People are far too rigid with votes given the sheer number of scum in the game.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4417 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:58 pm

In post 4415, Well Done wrote:I know the ND wagon has dissipated. So just gonna look at then to see if Titus answered my question
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4418 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 4409, Flavor Leaf wrote:I also really want to force Butterchurn to commit with a Catboi stance and just haven't been able to get pressure going past a stalled 5-6 vote wagon on Catboi all game.
I don't really see why I should be forced to take a stance here (well, I understand why you would want me to, since if I'm scum it makes me take a stance, but I'm not, so I'm not going to make one up). Players like catboi are not people that I expect to be able to have a confident Day 1 read on.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4419 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:01 pm

In post 4418, butterchurn wrote:
I don't really see why I should be forced to take a stance here (well, I understand why you would want me to, since if I'm scum it makes me take a stance, but I'm not, so I'm not going to make one up). Players like catboi are not people that I expect to be able to have a confident Day 1 read on.
So you've spent the entire day voting not catboi and catboi is a nullread?

Who do you expect to have a read on?
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4420 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 4416, Nashville Dreams wrote:I wish it was Catboi/tictac wagons right now.
And I wish it was you/bnuuy wagons right now. We can't all get what we want, and certain people's refusal to accept that is why this Day has taken so long.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4421 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Well Done »

In post 4041, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 3638, Well Done wrote:
In post 3469, Well Done wrote:
In post 2113, Well Done wrote:
In post 2109, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1705, butterchurn wrote:<snip>
This is a good post! It also looks to me like Nashville Dreams weren't able to maintain internal consistency and forgot who they were supposed to be sussing by confusing Monkeyman with catboi.

I'll keep reading, but based on the most recent VC and scrolling through the last few pages, it doesn't look like the wagon on them developed much further, which is kind of odd, because I feel like this is more solid that anything else that's happened so far this game.
Also:
In post 2070, Titus wrote:Interesting how I postulate that voting Catboi might be required for the game state causes us to be a counter to catboi. This definitely means I need to reset my catboi read when I catch up.
In post 2071, Titus wrote:The only difference I see is who is doing the voting. If it was people familiar with me, I would lean towards scum saving catboi. Yet Butter and Wallflower are not familiar with me.
Would like for Nashville Dreams to acknowledge posts , , / at some point
@ND
I already have.

Motive can tell alignment. The sheer number of times catboi has been counterwagoned suggests he's scum. My play read on him is town. The last I checked our hydra notes, she had catboi scum. Her opinion (at least at the time) plus the votes means I need to reset and check if the votes warrant the belief that scum were shopping for any not catboi wagon.

Even if my gut instinct is right, repeated counterwagons to town in multiball suggest catboi is defending one if not both teams hard.

That's why I need to know about the alleged missing bnuuy wagon.

While VCA isn't proper yet, we can still get theories as to what happens.
Ngl, this is a better answer then I was expecting. Especially the bolded. I feel like that could be the missing context to make those series of posts make any kind of sense.

I still don't like that it took so long and so many attempts to get a solid answer down. But... I guess I can't see why the wagon dissipated
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4422 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 4419, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 4418, butterchurn wrote:
So you've spent the entire day voting not catboi and catboi is a nullread?

Who do you expect to have a read on?
I have spend a significant amount of time explaining my read on catboi at various points in the game and how it has progressed over time and if you don't care to read my posts on the matter that's frankly not my problem. Not having a strong, confident read is entirely different from not having a read at all. There's nobody who I expect to have zero read on. But some people, such as Sword of Ducks, are obviously town, and thus I am more confident in my read on them. catboi is a strong scum player who is significantly less polarized and therefore is harder to have a confident read on.
Well Done
Well Done
Goon
Well Done
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4423 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Well Done »

Me:

butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4424 (ISO) » Tue May 03, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 4421, Well Done wrote:Ngl, this is a better answer then I was expecting. Especially the bolded. I feel like that could be the missing context to make those series of posts make any kind of sense.

I still don't like that it took so long and so many attempts to get a solid answer down. But... I guess I can't see why the wagon dissipated
I had a similar reaction, for what it's worth. It's an... okay explanation, although I expect they would be perfectly capable of coming up with it as scum after the 3 days or however long it took them to answer. I still think they're scum, but the wagon wasn't going anywhere anymore.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”