Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 1:29 am

Post by Malakittens »

Votecount 1.17

the worst: (1) catboi
Catboi: (1) goodmorning
Tidus of the X: (4) the worst, syugar, Lukewarm, Bellaphant

Not Voting (3): Tidus of the X, cat.jpeg, Takemikazuchi02

With 9 alive it takes 5 to Eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2022-05-10 10:20:00)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 1:53 am

Post by catboi »

I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I think to some extent flopping around and forcing out a bunch of claims at deadline is anti-town but I can't in good conscience send this through so I'll sit back in protest until we're truly running out of time with no alternative.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:35 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 515, syugar wrote:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
Same reason I didn't like T02 forgetting Numbers existed, it makes it look like your reads are more reads of convenience than reads based on the actual game, aka not trying to actually solve, aka not Town.
In post 539, the worst wrote::lol: I remember reading about toxoplasma gondii, great call.

it would be really weird to suddenly yeet catboi at the 11th hour right? Tidus is the right yeet right?
.....right?
I mean...
In post 540, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 462, Tidus of the X wrote:Just know that you probably won't get very much information if I am eliminated, if we eliminate T02 or Cat.jpeg, even if whichever one is eliminated isn't scum, we get some information out of it due to their reads, and I would say there may be a good chance of either of them being scum
In post 464, Tidus of the X wrote:Information out of the flip, you know, like discrediting townreads if they flip mafia and strengthening them if they flip town
I do think after someone flips scum something can be gained from their reads, but if they flip town i dont think you should strengthen townreads or hold their opinions as more correct. I dont want to be the one to hammer you but
intent to hammer
Why don't you want to be the one to hammer?
In post 551, catboi wrote:I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I think to some extent flopping around and forcing out a bunch of claims at deadline is anti-town but I can't in good conscience send this through so I'll sit back in protest until we're truly running out of time with no alternative.
Is less than a day left on deadline not running out of time?

If no elim happens tonight, I'll be setting my alarm for 10 minutes early tomorrow morning to give me time to hammer Tidus, assuming nothing changes. Will also work on an updated reads list based on the replacements causing some movement there.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:39 am

Post by syugar »

In post 551, catboi wrote:I maintain Tidus very likely flips town. I am incredibly suspicious of worst for pushing there and it probably tanks syugar in my estimation as well. Don't think they're scum together but doubt both are town.

I don't see what you do
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:41 am

Post by syugar »

Tidus is even in the thread now and can't answer any of the questions thrown at him aside from his role, idk man
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 531, Cat.Jpeg wrote:
In post 502, Lukewarm wrote:I have gotten to Tidus's rep in, and I have found an equally bad reason to think that Tidus is town as that reason that I thought that cat.jpeg was town. These are the posts that caught my attention.

Spoiler:
In post 52, Cat.Jpeg wrote:What is up with that cake that is on some posts, I had a cake on my first post too, why?
In post 285, Tidus of the X wrote:Also, what's this ISO option on posts?

They both read as genuine curiosity to me that pings me as town.

Like, newbie scum, generally self conscious, sees something that they don't understand - I picture them seeking refuge in their PT where they would feel safe, and they can ask their partner, to avoid possibly looking dumb in the main thread.
I don't think this is a reason to townread someone at all. Didnt think about it when i asked but I would have definitely asked still if i was scum, probably even more so because of how innocuous it would make me look.

Also what does maj mean, i have guessed from context but would like to make sure I have the correct definition. I will be making a lot of posts soon, it will take a while though but most of you are sleeping so its fine.
I am aware that it is a bad reason to town read someone.

I believe it means majority, as in hammer
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:45 am

Post by syugar »

You also prob. needed my vote to elim anyone else, I don't see myself moving here
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 am

Post by syugar »

In post 552, goodmorning wrote:
In post 515, syugar wrote:
In post 511, goodmorning wrote:
In post 481, Lukewarm wrote:Not a big fan of the fact that the worst seems to be one of your top scum reads (they were in all three of your alternative scum team options), but you don't have what slot they are sorted out in your head.
This is not a bad point, and syugar's response to it was not great.
i thought it was a very bad point cuz its obvious throughout the rest of my iso that i have been playing with the correct replacements in mind and i made an error whilst posting quickly in the morning, im curious why you think its good
Same reason I didn't like T02 forgetting Numbers existed, it makes it look like your reads are more reads of convenience than reads based on the actual game, aka not trying to actually solve, aka not Town.
That's honestly what it looks like to you? Deadass?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Is there a reason that this is applied directly to the worst and syugar, but not to me or Bella who are also voting there or to cat.jpeg or t02 who are willing to hammer?

---

Also, you think that the tidus wagon is bad, and you don't want us to kill there -- but you are not going to present who you want us to kill instead?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:57 am

Post by syugar »

After seeing Tidus freeze and answer nothing I dont understand catbois rationale for townreading him

"I think hes the type of player to make social reads" looking back on it wtf does that even mean o_o

Seriously do not understand the inertia here in general

Worst was frikin right if Tidus was a villager he'd already be dead Im sorry I ever fosed you bby
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 4:59 am

Post by syugar »

two week long d1 btw

I just want to see a fffflllliiiiippppp plleeeaaasssseeeee who can I bribe to hammer ahhhhhh
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am worried that catboi is TMIing Tidus as town.
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 am

Post by syugar »

When was the last time you saw a TOWNIE freeze up like this?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 am

Post by syugar »

In post 561, Lukewarm wrote:I am worried that catboi is TMIing Tidus as town.
I'm not
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:02 am

Post by catboi »

you ought to know better by now and it is frankly irritating to be treated this way for defending a read
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:04 am

Post by syugar »

The setup is very swingy and a d1 scum lynch increases the power of each PR to a crazy degree so u wouldnt want to not take the vote here, more likely it gets stalled like this so that head wheels r spun and vote is change at the last second narmean???...

Theres no towncase for Tidus possible, sucks if we are wrong but if we didn't vote Tidus today the chance he is not lynched d2 is very low regardless, he isn't playing but to prod dodge
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:05 am

Post by syugar »

oops elim not L****

sorry
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:06 am

Post by syugar »

In post 564, catboi wrote:
you ought to know better by now and it is frankly irritating to be treated this way for defending a read
Okay if you want me to unvote you should explain this in clear terms I'm willing to listen
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 564, catboi wrote:
I am not suspicious of you "defending a read." You are not pushing for a change of course, you are just shading the people who scum read him.

I don't think that it makes sense for you to be so sure that tidus is town as to result in you scum reading people for thinking he is scum.

I also don't think that this is the way you would play with him if you are partners with him.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 568, Lukewarm wrote:I don't think that it makes sense for you to be so sure that tidus is town as to result in you scum reading people for thinking he is scum.
And even if you are that strongly town reading him. --What about the worst or syugar scum read there is dropping your read on them.

Like, what about Tidus's play here do you think means that town!worst and town!syugar would be less likely to be pushing there then scum!worst and scum!syugar?
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:13 am

Post by syugar »

i think ima disagree with you there on the basis that he knows how bad that looks if he were playing as the scum. twtbaw is so reeeeaaal
syugar
syugar
Goon
syugar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:24 am

Post by syugar »

i think i have the exact opposite opinion too, this only makes sense if they are partners if ur going to look for scum motivations

one does not simply bus in newD3, it is incredibly swingy and volatile to do so

from the TMI angle i just think he is too elite and experienced to do something that corny

i already know why he chose me in particular to scumread over this but im not going to say why (garcia rule)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 553, syugar wrote:

I don't see what you do
In post 554, syugar wrote:Tidus is even in the thread now and can't answer any of the questions thrown at him aside from his role, idk man
I think what you are seeing is the product of inexperience and not being used to making reads rather than a scum role PM. It is that simple.
In post 558, Lukewarm wrote:

Is there a reason that this is applied directly to the worst and syugar, but not to me or Bella who are also voting there or to cat.jpeg or t02 who are willing to hammer?

---

Also, you think that the tidus wagon is bad, and you don't want us to kill there -- but you are not going to present who you want us to kill instead?
Because those two are strongly pushing the belief that Tidus is scum where I see you and Bella as making the vote more out of necessity. I don't find the strong insistence he's scum to be believable and would think (especially in the case of the worst) he'd have more understanding of this type of player in how he reads them rather than simply declaring tidus to just be scum.

I have left my vote elsewhere, I have expressed suspicion of others, I think I make myself sufficiently clear. I don't expect a miraculous turnaround given time remaining. I also lack the wherewithal to construct a compelling case on a scumread - I do not have one. I have vague feelings right now, because it's day 1 and the game hasn't progressed in a way where I have a sufficiently confident scumread.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't think that he ever plays this way if Tidus is scum.

I think that he would be loudly pushing an alternative wagon, and trying to save Tidus that way. Or, he would have accepted the inevitable and tried to get towncred on the bus.

Reading up, I saw him voicing suspicions on the worst, but never really trying to canvas the votes.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2022 5:42 am

Post by catboi »

I am in a foul mood. I am coming off an offsite game a few days ago where I lost and barely anyone spoke to me like I was in the game at all or even a human being. I am persistently treated this way in games. I am very sick of it. You're not helping me right now, Luke.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”