Not Quite Normal Multiball II (Game Over)

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6725 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

My theory is Norwegian was sheeping me trying to pocket me earlier which coincides well with me pushing Catboi. Positioning around me. Ydrasse coming into the game with a town read on Catboi was a flip of the positioning along with the parity cop checking on catboi as a theory.

Klick/Mega would be a good parity cop.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6726 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 6722, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 6714, Save The Dragons wrote:like you don't have to wolfread menalque but you have to at least consider it
In post 6715, Save The Dragons wrote:did you consider it somewhere this game?
Of course. That's why Mel is a weak lean town.
where
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6727 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 6716, butterchurn wrote:1) NorwegianBoy/Ydrasse slot was also on every major wagon, and never on catboi. SCP was briefly on catboi, but not when it was a major wagon. They were on every other major wagon. Mena was on every non-catboi wagon, excepting the initial RVS wagon. Save the Dragons was also on every wagon, and briefly on catboi. He switched his vote around a lot. Many people were on multiple wagons. You're only singling me out because you want to push a narrative.
EE and Ydrasse are two different people. Mel wasn't attacking everyone who voted catboi.

You're getting pressure from me because you chainsawed catboi without defending him despite multiple opportunities.
StD was clearly still sheeping everyone with a pulse.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6728 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are you being less active today?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6729 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

^at FL
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6730 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:42 am

In post 6726, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 6722, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 6714, Save The Dragons wrote:like you don't have to wolfread menalque but you have to at least consider it
In post 6715, Save The Dragons wrote:did you consider it somewhere this game?
Of course. That's why Mel is a weak lean town.
where
I haven't really interacted with them much I think. Just kinda there. I'm generally responding to people who post and random ideas that pop into my head. There likely isn't much in my ISO either way.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6731 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Eh, i just spent way too much time playing Day 1, said I would cool it, naturally wanted to take a break, need to finish writing my book, setting up to move in 2 weeks, letting others play today, and frankly, I tasted sweet vindication.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #6732 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

sorry if you're telling the truth but it just sounds like you're lying to me @ ND
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6733 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:44 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I licked it twice with Toogs town and Catboi scum.

And me being less active got the 2 people I wanted faded as the main wagons, so
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6734 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Nero Cain »

don't really remember you scum reading Dunn/Well Done but then again its not like I've been reading that closely

Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6735 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 am

In post 4183, butterchurn wrote:
In post 4174, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 4159, butterchurn wrote:I don't think that having more difficulty getting into a game that is at 167 pages after a week is necessarily scum-indicative. tictac does have a few bad posts but I think they have a few good ones as well. Why did people move off bnuuy again? Why did people move off Nashville in the first place? Why are we starting new wagons instead of consolidating?
Why is it that you've been on every single counter to catboi but for tictac?

~Titus
I'm not sure how accurate that is, but Nashville is my strongest scumread. I don't believe that was a counter to catboi. bnuuy, if anything, was a counter to Nashville, and they're also a scumread of mine. tictac definitely has nothing to do with catboi, because the main wagons were Nashville and bnuuy, so tictac would be a counter to those two. I don't scumread tictac. I do scumread the two previous wagons, whom tictac seems to be a counter to. Although really, a lot of it is the same people voting, I think, so you can hardly call that a counter either.

For instance, here. Butter gets into a semantic argument over the definition of counterwagon rather than defend catboi.

In post 4231, butterchurn wrote:
In post 4215, Nashville Dreams wrote:Your answer is semantic rather useful. Your response to my allegation is to claim 1) my question isn't valid because you scumread me. I think we can all see the problem with that. 2) it nitpicks the substance rather than gets at the substance.

A counterwagon is a wagon that exists at the same time as another.

Catboi and Monkey were counters early. You were on Monkey.
Catboi and I were counters. You were on me.
Arguably you weren't on Wallflower, but you were on Monkey at the time.
Bnuuy started at 3631, while catboi was still there. The wagon on me was dying and you jumped.

Even if you disagree with the semantics of "counterwagon", you still are fine or have been fine with every single major wagon this game but for catboi and tictac.

What gives?
I actually didn't fully absorb who I was replying to, hence the "Nashville" instead of "you". My first sentence was part of the explanation for why I was on that wagon, not why your question was invalid. I already answered the substance of your question. The wagons that I've joined are on people who I scumread. The wagons that I haven't joined are on people who I don't scumread. I haven't particularly followed who is a counter wagon to whom due to the infrequent votecounts. I'm also much less inclined to join a wagon led by someone I scumread. Part of the reason I joined the original bnuuy wagon (if I'm remembering correctly) is that it was led by people I townread. Despite Flavor Leaf's insistence that the whole game has revolved around catboi, I don't think that's terribly accurate.
More words saying nothing about why catboi is not worth voting and covienently scumreading every counter.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6736 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 6723, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 6716, butterchurn wrote:3) I already explained how this was false. The wagon disintegrated when both hydra heads returned from being gone from the thread for several days.
Flat out false. People scrambled moments after EE was replaced.
I already went over this and it doesn't follow. Norwegian hadn't posted about you for about 300 posts.
In post 6727, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 6716, butterchurn wrote:1) NorwegianBoy/Ydrasse slot was also on every major wagon, and never on catboi. SCP was briefly on catboi, but not when it was a major wagon. They were on every other major wagon. Mena was on every non-catboi wagon, excepting the initial RVS wagon. Save the Dragons was also on every wagon, and briefly on catboi. He switched his vote around a lot. Many people were on multiple wagons. You're only singling me out because you want to push a narrative.
EE and Ydrasse are two different people. Mel wasn't attacking everyone who voted catboi.

You're getting pressure from me because you chainsawed catboi without defending him despite multiple opportunities.
StD was clearly still sheeping everyone with a pulse.
You clearly weren't reading the thread, then. I didn't attack everyone who voted catboi, I talked with Flavor about catboi a lot, at times defending catboi, which you seem to have missed, but in general took Flavor's side on things.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6737 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:47 am

In post 6732, Save The Dragons wrote:sorry if you're telling the truth but it just sounds like you're lying to me @ ND
This is why I get frustrated as town. No one knows a good voting case when it bites them in the ass.

I need a nap.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6738 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 6734, Nero Cain wrote:don't really remember you scum reading Dunn/Well Done but then again its not like I've been reading that closely

I wasnt at the end of Day 1, but the initial Well Done vs FL is the 1v1 that caused Catboi to turn their town read on me to a scum read, which is the moment my scum lean on Catboi turned into a scum catch.

And then Dunnstral's play this day phase has been poor, and is exactly how scum interact towards me after I shoot scum.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6739 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

In post 6736, butterchurn wrote:I already went over this and it doesn't follow. Norwegian hadn't posted about you for about 300 posts.
The wagon died in less than 50 posts probably less than 20 after he left, not our return.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6740 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Lukewarm felt really townie, but my initial push on Well Done slot was because of me feeling Dunnstral's read on me specifically was fake, exactly like this day phase.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6741 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 6735, Nashville Dreams wrote:For instance, here. Butter gets into a semantic argument over the definition of counterwagon rather than defend catboi.
In post 6735, Nashville Dreams wrote:More words saying nothing about why catboi is not worth voting and covienently scumreading every counter.
I had, at the point where the quoted posts were made, probably spent more total words talking about my read on catboi and the progression of it than any other slot in the game. I didn't feel a great need to rehash that with you just because you were too lazy to read. You've been told this already. You hadn't been reading the thread, or you would know this. You simply picked narratives that best suited you and are cherrypicking to support them. I responded to your posts mostly focusing on criticizing your characterizations of things because they were wrong, and likely intentionally wrong, because again, all you cared about was pushing narratives. I did answer your questions as asked, despite that, and despite your claims otherwise.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6742 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:50 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 6735, Nashville Dreams wrote:For instance, here. Butter gets into a semantic argument over the definition of counterwagon rather than defend catboi.
In post 6735, Nashville Dreams wrote:More words saying nothing about why catboi is not worth voting and covienently scumreading every counter.
I had, at the point where the quoted posts were made, probably spent more total words talking about my read on catboi and the progression of it than any other slot in the game. I didn't feel a great need to rehash that with you just because you were too lazy to read. You've been told this already. You hadn't been reading the thread, or you would know this. You simply picked narratives that best suited you and are cherrypicking to support them. I responded to your posts mostly focusing on criticizing your characterizations of things because they were wrong, and likely intentionally wrong, because again, all you cared about was pushing narratives. I did answer your questions as asked, despite that, and despite your claims otherwise.
bnuuy
bnuuy
Goon
bnuuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6743 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:51 am

Post by bnuuy »

In post 6704, Ydrasse wrote:not quite that but it’s a pedantic difference

i check for matching win conditions
so malefactor could match with either faction?
“Merely by existing, we hurt each other.
But it’s not always intentional.”

Avatar credit goes to SaltnPepperBunny on DeviantArt
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6744 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:51 am

Flavor/Nero, Do you find it odd that the three people I called out the most yesterday all decided to vote me?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6745 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Who? I was already scum reading Butter.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6746 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Butter has been aligned with the wrong people the whole game. At some point wallposting is negated by that.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6747 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:52 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 6739, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 6736, butterchurn wrote:I already went over this and it doesn't follow. Norwegian hadn't posted about you for about 300 posts.
The wagon died in less than 50 posts probably less than 20 after he left, not our return.
You can't just say things and that makes them true. This is provably false. I already went over how events unfolded.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6748 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:53 am

In post 6745, Nero Cain wrote:Who? I was already scum reading Butter.
Butter Meg Enchant.

Meg was my favorite lim.
Butter I called out the voting pattern and chainsaw.
Enchant I called out the refusal to vote.
bnuuy
bnuuy
Goon
bnuuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6749 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2022 8:54 am

Post by bnuuy »

In post 6705, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Personally I would have checked for two town players on day 1 if I had that role but that's just me.
my usage of that role in the past has been to check an anchor player with someone I don't know much about
so for instance, if I had a strong read on one player and no read on another, I'd check those two with the intent of getting info on the second player
this has not worked out well in the past due to having incorrect ideas about someone's alignment
“Merely by existing, we hurt each other.
But it’s not always intentional.”

Avatar credit goes to SaltnPepperBunny on DeviantArt

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”