She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:37 am

Post by Meuh »

is just meh

Like it feels very easy to fake
In post 718, Rhyme and Reason wrote:idk if I've played with you before but this is kinda my thing. I do not post with a specific goal in mind, I give my honest thoughts even if they're not conclusive or particularly productive. Once again I must underscore that I am happy to look into any particular questions people want me to check out, I think this is helpful for both parties, but it's way too rarely done in my mind.
This bit is something I would see myself post as scum tbh
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:40 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 750, Meuh wrote:718 is just meh

you sure about that? like, why does scum!RR not just call me town? like I think everyone else has? obviously I want more, but I thought 718 was a good start, like, compare 718 to a cakez wall, I like 718 more. you sure you're not just tunneled on RR now?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 699, Kovu wrote:bruhh I write walls.. sorry I'm not responding to that wall if there's something I need to respond to... uhhh might wanna point it out, but seems fine enough for now.

BACK TO LAVA!!!! This slot is just not great, I'm not a fan
VOTE: Lavar
Is this response to my post? If so I’d say you should read it before proposing me as a lim :lol:
It’s a literal response to your case against me.
Also why do you keep both complaining about not enough content and also complaining whenever people make walls???
Like that was my highest energy post the entire game. For you to respond to it saying you’re not reading it and then complaining that people (including me) have not done enough is just irritating
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Kovu »

we have 2 days 6 hours to reach a decision on who to lim. and LLD has still decided to give us nothing.

VOTE: LLD

I really think this is a good option, definitely at least worth putting pressure here. like, ~ 50 hours REMAINING, and there is still nothing from LLD, she was sure to tell us she was back (to answer the prod...) but there's 0 content. if anyone can find a town!LLD game where she did nothing... lol I'm pretty certain that doesn't exist
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:44 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 752, Meuh wrote:
In post 699, Kovu wrote:bruhh I write walls.. sorry I'm not responding to that wall if there's something I need to respond to... uhhh might wanna point it out, but seems fine enough for now.

BACK TO LAVA!!!! This slot is just not great, I'm not a fan
VOTE: Lavar
Is this response to my post? If so I’d say you should read it before proposing me as a lim :lol:
It’s a literal response to your case against me.
Also why do you keep both complaining about not enough content and also complaining whenever people make walls???
Like that was my highest energy post the entire game. For you to respond to it saying you’re not reading it and then complaining that people (including me) have not done enough is just irritating
cause it wasn't happening last night? like, we have ~ 5 people no efforting this game, I couldn't be bothered to try hard right now, whatever
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 751, Kovu wrote:
In post 750, Meuh wrote:718 is just meh

you sure about that? like, why does scum!RR not just call me town? like I think everyone else has? obviously I want more, but I thought 718 was a good start, like, compare 718 to a cakez wall, I like 718 more. you sure you're not just tunneled on RR now?
I don’t think a single atypical read on you is enough to make that post feel natural, no.
Also I like Cakez’s posts more mostly because of good vibes. I’m not getting good vibes from RR.
I don’t think it’s out of the question that I’m tunneling but RR hasn’t really done anything that particularly town pinged me and has been iffy so far
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 620, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 601, Gammagooey wrote:I personally feel like if VPB is scum it isn't because of the reasons Fey+fire are bringing up about picking fights and calling fire's push ridiculous. I think he's being reasonable in his responses and the cheekiness/pushiness/whatever you want to call it is just VPB being VPB. Like I don't think I'm actually good at reading VPB until a couple flips happen and I can see where he was pushing and when/why, but I've played with VPB in enough games over the last decade to get a decent understanding of his posting personality at least.
I feel like you're doing a good amount of soft defending me, which I don't really mind I guess, but why? What's your read on Fey right now as well?
I feel like from a non-you outside perspective I'd be waffling on you more than soft-defending, I've got one post telling Lukewarm that you shouldn't be on his do-not-kill list and another not that long after saying that you aren't scum for the reasons two people are giving out

I generally enjoy playing with you a think you're definitely in the upper half of players in terms of skill level in the game, I'd feel shitty if I let you get run up instead of pointing out things said about you that I think are pretty likely objectively wrong, even if you are still just a barely nulltown read of mine at the moment.

Fey's a slightly town read just b/c none of her posts have pinged me as scummy at all so far, but I also have been periodically forgetting that she's in the game at all until a post of hers pops up when I'm looking for things other people mention. Feels a little similar to her lategame in Slaughter Hour when peta+Taly drowned the game in noise and she just peacefully checked out, but I know she's a competent player and I'm expecting her to be more of a presence in the next couple gamedays.

-----------------------------------------------------------
fireisredsir wrote:
In post 736, Lukewarm wrote:
I really did not like the way that her scum read on datisi played out, but her reaction to being under pressure/suspicion feels distinctly like town marci imo
hmm. i kinda felt that earlier (like around her response to you , and specifically felt like how she posted in newbie 2090), but haven't liked her more recent posting much at all

i haven't played with her before (besides when she was gragas, which i only recently realized while looking at her past games), so maybe you have a better handle on her meta, idk. can you point out specific things that stood out to you that made you think that?
I'd also like specifics on that

I'm pretty surprised I'm not more on marci's radar/scumreads atm - I've been if not defending Datisi himself directly, pretty present in both generally agreeing with him+his reads and in telling Val that I think the reason he's scumreading Datisi is garbo, and it just feels pretty disconnected from her reading Datisi as scum so strongly. Plus I'm used to a more frantic energy from newish town players who have that level of confidence in a read - throwing other possible people that could be scum with the person they're 100% scum on, either attacking the people scumreading them for being other possible scum or throwing up walls that include one or both of "I'm not scum because meta reasons"/"This post from my scum read makes me think even more that they're scum and I don't get why nobody else sees it". Like I think the smug snipes at people and her last post of "oh yeah there are more/other reasons now" and the general tone she's presenting here is more likely to come from scum than town in her position.

--------------
I uh also read over Cakez's re-entrance to the game like 3 times and utterly failed to come out with a read on it. I don't think anyone wants to read/cares about the details of me waffling on that read so I'm just gonna give it another attempt day 2 or something

I've got a lot of work I need to get done today but since deadline's getting closeish I'll be around at least a little after work today as an fyi
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Kovu »

VOTE: Meuh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 753, Kovu wrote:we have 2 days 6 hours to reach a decision on who to lim. and LLD has still decided to give us nothing.

I really think this is a good option, definitely at least worth putting pressure here. like, ~ 50 hours REMAINING, and there is still nothing from LLD, she was sure to tell us she was back (to answer the prod...) but there's 0 content. if anyone can find a town!LLD game where she did nothing... lol I'm pretty certain that doesn't exist
I agree with Kovu on this. Not sure what is up with LLD. I would have expected SOMETHING from them by this point.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Enchant »

Aye
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:27 am

Post by Datisi »

can we instead vote marci who weirdly dipped out the thread the second they were asked what their read on me was consisted of
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Bell »

Brother is graduating. Heading to San Francisco for 3 days. I’d say V/LA but the last time I went to San Francisco I posted just fine. Because I was bored. So tentative inactivity announcement of dubious follow through.

The only post I’ve felt was natural from sircakez was the part where they said I pissed them off.
But the rest has been pretty plastic.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:29 am

Post by Bell »

In post 760, Datisi wrote:can we instead vote marci who weirdly dipped out the thread the second they were asked what their read on me was consisted of
Explain how this is scummy.
People have been going for marci all day and the second someone said something that sounded kind of good everyone went after her again.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Datisi »

scum doesn't have reads
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Bell »

Is this true Marci? do you have no reads this game and just floated by?
Is that normal for you day 1?
What's different this game compared to those if not and what's the same?
What are you thinking about this game?
Who oo you think is town nd who do you think is scum?

@Lukewarm: Where is Marci in your reads right now?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:37 am

Post by Bell »

What makes you town this game Marci? What have you done here that scum you wouldn't have done, or what would you have done as scum that you didn't do here?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 739, Kovu wrote:
In post 735, Lukewarm wrote:My list of people that I do not want to be the day 1 elimination has grown to:

1. Bell
3. fireisredsir
4. Lady Lambdadelta
6. Lukewarm
7. Dunnstral
9. Meuh
11. marcistar
14. Kovu
15. VP Baltar
18. Enchant
20. gorilla
Why is LLD on this list and not RR?
LLD is on this list because I would expect scum!LLD to be doing more here. I know that feels like a shitty reason to give her a pass, but it is what I would expect from her. I know that she likes playing scum, and that she has not been scum much recently - enough to bemoan her town streak - with the sole exception that I know of being a game where her scum partner scum slipped by posting in a thread that was not the scum chat something that condemned him and cleared like 4 townies, and that being her only scum game recently did not leave her very happy.

I think that scum!LLD would be excited to be scum in a game, not nearly absent from thread. Like, even after her vacation was over, she just poked her head in and then left.

I am not town locking her or anything, but the above thought was enough for me to not want her to go down day 1.

---

As for R&R, I have not really been reading their posts that closely because of the fake pr, so I largely have no thoughts on them at all really
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 741, Fey wrote:You have seen me have literally zero spark in town games before, and have the time of my life in scum ones, so the comparison doesn’t really work.

I have fun sometimes and sometimes I don’t depending on how into mafia I am.

See: Romance, Mare, etc.
In post 742, Fey wrote:Hypothermia for the scum variant of those two.
You also seemed to have the time of your life being scum in guardians of the fortress
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 737, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 736, Lukewarm wrote:
I really did not like the way that her scum read on datisi played out, but her reaction to being under pressure/suspicion feels distinctly like town marci imo
hmm. i kinda felt that earlier (like around her response to you , and specifically felt like how she posted in newbie 2090), but haven't liked her more recent posting much at all

i haven't played with her before (besides when she was gragas, which i only recently realized while looking at her past games), so maybe you have a better handle on her meta, idk. can you point out specific things that stood out to you that made you think that?
My experience with scum marci has been (except for the game that she completely froze) that under pressure she gets more aggressive, and largely omgus's.

She has not done either of those this game.

She is here, and posting - but she is not championing me as the scummiest person in the thread lol
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 747, Kovu wrote:I wanna yeet Luke for calling LLD towny/ not wanting to yeet (same thing)
They are not the same thing.

Day 1 we have largely nothing to go off of, and lots of options since every player is still alive. The day is much easier to navigate if you really lower your standards for what lets you take people off your elim pile.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Bell »

Luke, your argument for LLD town is just that they’d be trying harder if they weren’t.
That’s well, not a good argument to make. We dunno what she’s dealing with and she’s not shy about focusing on what she needs to focus on.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:14 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm not interested in a LLD lim because her alignment will be more obvious if we give her a few more days right now it's a crapshoot
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 770, Bell wrote:Luke, your argument for LLD town is just that they’d be trying harder if they weren’t.
That’s well, not a good argument to make. We dunno what she’s dealing with and she’s not shy about focusing on what she needs to focus on.
The thoughts were not strong enough, or with enough conviction for me to think that she was town. It was a passing thought that was enough for me to not be interested in killing her this phase.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:38 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

i've had plenty of games where i've done nothing as both alignments, so i don't really understand the reads on either side of that. all it means is i got sick after my vacation ended and i'm nursing myself back to health, lol. this is day 2 of calling in sick to work.

i'm sorry if i'm disappointing people who wanted me to give a fuck, but sadly, i don't.

i'm willing to check in a few times today, so if people have questions they want me to answer, pleasepost them asking at me, but also, please post quoted posts for me to read so i can actually understand wtf yuo're asking me about. like, i won't get the context until i properly read the game, so please provide your own context. BYOC. bring your own context.

yeah
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

@LLD, i think ISOing marci and giving a quick take on that would be most useful as i think she's the leading wagon rn

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”